All over a bit of Drift Rock

Game Master Azih

Current Track:

Xavra

Map:

Istamak Interior Maps.
Istmak

Picture:
Xavra
Tzayl


651 to 700 of 2,402 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Leils, used to working with out of date technology as that is the scavenged tech she grew up using in the depths of the spike is able to do her magic. Every one of the Maiden's sensors are targeted at the right place and the immense volume of data that flows back is expertly analyzed and processed.

Statsis Module located inside Ship. In Cargo Bay Two Pumpkin informs her as she forwards her findings on the enemy ship to every computer screen in the bridge. She even finds the time to dig up a wooki entry on the ships and attach that to her scan report.

Every damn thing about the enemy:

Small light freighter
Speed 12; Maneuverability good (turn 1); Drift 1
AC 13; TL 13
HP 40; DT —; CT 8
Shields basic 40 (forward 10, port 10, starboard 10, aft 10)
Attack (Forward) light particle beam (3d6), light plasma torpedo launcher (3d8)
Attack (Port) coilgun (4d4)
Attack (Starboard) coilgun (4d4)
Power Core Pulse Black (120 PCU); Drift Engine Signal Basic; Systems basic computer, budget medium-range
sensors, mk 2 armor, mk 2 defenses; Expansion Bays cargo holds (2), sealed environment chamber
Modifiers +1 Piloting; Complement 6 (minimum 1, maximum 6)

(AC and TL values assume no pilot)

Alhough Thaumtech Unlimited may be most famous for its fearsome Omenbringer battleship, it’s the versatile Cairncarver
whose sales have funded the company’s most ambitious research since the Gap. Like many ships of Eoxian design,
the Cairncarver is an intimidating ship with an unnervingly skeletal shape that has changed little over the centuries.
Cairncarvers remain fairly common ships in Eoxian space, but they’re even more popular in the reviled Corpse Fleet, where
they serve as ideal marauders capable of raiding distant settlements and eliminating key targets. This strong association
with piracy makes Cairncarvers tempting targets for overzealous law-enforcement patrols, which often harass or even
open fire on such ships without authenticating their credentials first.
Of course, with conventional life support limited to only a portion of the ship, the Cairncarver has little appeal to living
crews. A typical ship configuration includes a sealed environment chamber for transporting live passengers, and even
then, the crew can readily vent that chamber’s atmosphere should they determine the passengers are as valuable dead
as they are alive.
Standard armaments include a forward-mounted Alkaria light particle beam affixed to one of the Cairncarver’s arms and
a Festik light plasma torpedo launcher embedded in the other, while two Vertebrex coilguns mounted port and starboard
provide flank defense. The Cairncarver’s aft quarter is notoriously undefended, however.
With its ample cargo space, the Cairncarver doubles as a well-armed freighter. Eoxians often use the ship’s cargo holds
as crude passenger seating for undead troops, who can travel indefinitely without life support.

Cueta Guiding Star:
You come to with a gasp. You look around wildly at the blue glow surrounding you and wonder if you are dead. You can't move your arms and legs and it looks like you might be in a.. coffin of some sort? Then a mechanical voice designed to be comforting intones Cryostasis chamber emergency ejection successful. Living Sentient Vital Status Normal. We Apologize for the Inconvenience. Please Contact System Technician to carry out repairs on Cryostatis module. We Apologize for the Inconvenience

The machine keeps repeating the last sentence as the blue glow fades and the bracelets holding your limbs back slide away. You fall forward and the front plastiglass shield gives way with a thud. A muffled alarm is blaring from somewhere. You heave the plastiglass out of the way and as your eyes adjust to the sudden darkness, find yourself in a dark closet like enclosure. A small switch glows red. You flip it and the wall in front of you slides away and you stumble out.

The alarms are louder now. It looks like you're in the cargo hold of a ship.. under attack? Your memory is fuzzy but this brings back baaad memories of being on a ship blown to pieces. That's strange, didn't that happen just a few minutes ago? Before you were sucked out into the void?.

OOC:Ceuta is in room #13 of the Sunrise Maiden Interior!


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna was reviewing and noterizing her footage from their little adventure when sirens start blaring. "Gods, shut that thing off Leila, I'm trying to concentrate." She comments without looking up, completely ignoring the bit about a stasis module l.

When Fi makes horrible noises and the smell of ozone fills the air the half-life suddenly takes interest, emerald eyes widening at the slumped over pilot. "Shelby's t*&$! Fi!"

She sits up straight in the captain's chair, punching a button on her armrest and pulling up a tactical viewing screen (which is in an out-of-date but possibly retro-ciche fluorescent neon).

Astrianna groans loudly as the numbers and facts and a bunch of other stuff she couldn't be bothered to know scrolls across her screen. "ANOTHER Eoxian ship is after us? I could understand the necroglider, those are for public sale. BUT A FREIGHTER? We are getting some answers out of the ambassador when we return."

She gets out of her seat and goes to one of the nearby gun stations, seeming to pick the front gyrolaser at random. " The wooki article said the aft of these ships are unarmed. Fi, you... Er... S!*&, who's going to fly the ship? Uggghh can we just GO SOMEWHERE without SOMEONE trying to kill us? "


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

GM Stargin:
Cueta slips as she runs for the door, her wobbly legs giving way under her. Smashing into the door face-first, Cueta feels her lip split as she rolls onto her back and groans, the coppery taste of her blood filling her mouth.

Dead? Nope, that hurt! Unless I'm in hells...

Which was a distinct possibility, what with the alarm blaring and the ship apparently under attack. Maybe she was in some sort of auto-loop, destined to get blown up again and again?

Regardless, she could muse about things later. Lifting herself to her feet, the pilot slams her palm against the nearby door switch and stumbles through it, into a nondescript and empty ship's hallway. Another door in front of her, two doors and a double door to her left, and another double door to her right. Balls. If this ship was like any other, the main hall of the ship was running through the double doors.

Cueta needed a window, or an infosphere deck - hopefully in the bridge - to get her bearings. Right or left would likely take her there. Which door, though?

She held her breath and focused, listening for any clues as to where the bridge of the ship may be...

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Cueta:
You hear voices coming from your right. Someone is screaming something about killing quite loudly.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"Problem on deck." Prospero-4 states flatly. But in comparison to his disinterested voice, the android springs up quickly from his seat to check on Fianh. Then he realizes he doesn't quite understand human physiology enough to tell whether she's alive or not. But she certainly isn't going to be flying the ship anytime soon. Then remembering the alarms, he quickly backtracks to his chair.

"The pilot is down, we are underattack.Iamreroutinghelmtomystation.Prepareforevasivemaneuvers." Prospero-4's speech blurs momentarily into high-speed mumble, as his exocortex engages into overdrive. In his mind, everything is serene, everyone is in slow-motion, and he has plenty of time to analyze the situation.

"What are your orders, captain?" he asks, once the cyberbrain has adjusted the processing speed for his verbal output. Not that he truly waits for any orders, and is already turning the ship to face the enemy.

Helm phase - stunt action: evade (DC 14)
Piloting : 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27

"Also, AIAM... I mean Pumpkin, what is happening in cargo bay 2?"


GM Screen:

Pilot:DC 13 Evade: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Scan DC 9: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Captain:DC 15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Engineer:DC 13: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Gunner:1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11
Gunner:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

The Cryogenic Life Module Is Leaving Stasis is Cargo Bay 2 Pumpkin informs Prospero-4 Sensors indicate due to mechanical or electrical failure

The Caircarver advances to within short range of The Sunrise Maiden and fires both of its front weapons at the front hull of your ship! There is no attempt at hails.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Have we already used the two duo node bonuses this round? If not we should apply them to weapons targeting.

"Why do you keep talking about the damn cyropod? We have more important things to worry about than Nash's old Bio-LoveDoll thawing out! It's probably dead from freezer burn anyway." She complains while pulling up the targeting computer for the frontal mounted laser.

"Prospero I want you to try and get on their aft, it's a blind spot for their weapons. We stay on their rear we stay alive." Astrianna, to her credit, can at least apply video game logic to space fights.

"In the meantime fire the Heavy Turret, I want to see a laser show!" She lets off her on shot towards the Exonian ship's bow.

Captain action: Encourage Prospero for +2 to gunnery

diplomacy DC 15: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 9 + (2) = 31 Really? A 20 on the encourage?

Gunnery action: Fire Gyrolaser

fire gyrolaser, duonode #1: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 1 = 19

damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"Target locked. Powering up the turret."

There's an audible hum, when the capacitors of the ships main gun power up. The lights flicker, as great amount of energy is directed to the turret. And then massive rays of light strike towards the enemy ship.

Fire heavy laser, duonode #2, encouraged: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 15
damage: 4d8 ⇒ (2, 4, 4, 1) = 11


2 people marked this as a favorite.
N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

GM Stargin:
Yelling! Could be a fight, or just... someone yelling.

Sprinting to her right, Cueta runs through another set of double doors,
and then another, passing under a turret as she goes...

...Barging through the last set of doors, the party sees a tall woman, with a wiry frame, dark of complexion and dreadlocked, and possessing brilliant green eyes. Most striking, however, in this moment, is the busted nose and lip that she is sporting, and the blood soaking the front of her rather plain - if out of style - flightsuit. The woman takes in the room quickly, barely registering you as her eyes widen at the sight of the Eoxian ship that is bearing down on them.

Or are they - we - bearing down on it?

"THE PUK IS HAPPENING?!?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna spins around as the unknown person barges into the bridge."... Is this the cryopod b&+!@%!* again?!" Her eyebrows screw downward in utter confusion before simply shaking her head. "Wow, Nash had really poor taste in sex dolls."

She stands up and starts speaking loudly, enunciating clearly, and gesturing slowly. "HELLO? ARE. YOU. SENTIENT? GOOD. WE. ARE. UNDER. ATTACK. BY. AN. EOXIAN. VESSEL."

The half-life points to one of the consoles off to the SIDE, ushering her to it. "GET. THE. PUCK. TO. A. GUNNERY. STATION. AND. START. SHOOTING."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Cueta's jaw drops. And opens. And drops again.

Attack? Sentient? Sex dolls?

Questions would have to wait. There were more important things to do, even more important than dusting up this captain, who was also apparently some sort of... gaucho prostitute?

Sliding into a gunnery chair, Cueta slips the tracking gogles over eyes. Grabbing the targetter, her hands tight with tension, Cueta mumbles under her breath.

"I am not getting blown up again today."

Nash? Moriko Nash?


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

Leila spins around in her chair to briefly observe the odd scene taking place in the bridge. Wow... She really wasn't sure what to think or feel. A bit of relief that there wasn't yet another Akata perhaps? Yeah! Let's go with that for now.

She were also wondering how long that stasis pod had been well in stasis. Does that one know Nash? Maybe! She made a mental note to talk to her and Pumpkin about that after they were done being shot at.


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

Prospero-4 quickly glances behind his back to see the what's the commotion. A newcomer on the bridge is would be very surprising, if the exocortex was not supressing his emotional reaction during battle. Astrianna is naturally firing away all the questions, so the android feels there is very little to add for the moment.

"Welcome onboard. I hope the blood on your flightsuit isn't yours."

Then a tap on his console hands over the main turret controls to the newcomer.


GM Screen:

En Cap DC 15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
En Pil: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Prospero Pilot: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
En Pil man DC 13: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Both ships exchange fire and both ships miss only because of the evasive maneuvers of the respective pilots. Prospero manages to outjoust the enemy ship this round and the skeletal opponent responds by going into a tight turn to try and keep The Sunrise Maiden in its front sights while avoding any responding fire.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 2

Astrianna sits upright in the Captain's chair, her fingers drumming across the rest. She is wearing a debilitating scowl, the kind that would worry even a worshiper of Zon-Kuthon. "They just fly up and start shooting at us without even a word?! The nerve! She turns around to large at the observation drone that had been hovering over her shoulder. "If you're watching this Ambassador, you'd best have some answers when we return. And we will return."

The half-elf turns back around and points dramatically towards the main view screen. "Prospero, get us on their rear so we can shoot a big, fat, f%$# you straight into their reactor."

Captain action: Encourage Prospero for +2 to whatever piloting check he wants.

diplomacy DC 15: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 9 + (3) = 21


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

Leila expertly translated the captain's command into helpful suggestions. Then she went from there. "Locking on to their engines! Then we should be able to out-turn them. And shoot big, fat, f%&$ you-s up their aft! Yeah! Should be getting a feed ... Now!"

Computer: Target Engines: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 = 23

Success: Turret crits on 19-20 and critical damage applies to engines first.


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

"Nah, mate, eh mio," Cueta says, referring to the blood on her flightsuit. "You should see the door, though."

"So what gun is-" Cueta's thought is cut off by the appearance of the turret controls at her station.

Ah! The turret. Excellent!

"Big fat f%&& you up the aft. Gotcha."

Breathe in, breathe out, fire. Breathe in, breathe out, fire. OK, it didn't matter so much with a turret mounted gun as opposed to say a rifle, but Cueta found the mantra focused her aim.

The laser fire arcs through space, while Cueta watches the targetting system, hoping for a direct hit...

attack!: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 = 16 3 pilot ranks, 2 dex mod.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

Sunrise Maiden's computer calculates the enemy ship's fight trajectory, and Prospero-4 thinks it'll end up quite where he wants it to be. He was prepared to pull some heavy-G turns, but now it looks like he'll go easy and steady - like a school shuttle driver. He begins to wonder if Fianh's stunts were just to show off her pilot skills, rather than effective maneuvering.

Stunt: evade
Piloting, ship, captain: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 26

"The enemy is on range of our flak thrower. Who wants to fill the space with shrapnel?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

Leila quickly uploads a temporary bypass to the automatic point defenses, changing the definition of "incoming missile" to something very liberal. And very much shaped like a skelet-y spaceship in fact.

Gunnery: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Turns out the pilot/gunnery check isn't stellar for Leila. Maybe Prospero should really handle the shooting :P?

Edit: Or not :P

Damage: 3d4 ⇒ (4, 1, 4) = 9

Critical damage (if their sheilds are down?)

d100!: 1d100 ⇒ 1


GM Screen:

Turret damage: 4d8 ⇒ (7, 5, 4, 2) = 18
Enemy torpedo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Critical three: 1d100 ⇒ 100
Point Defense: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Torpedo hit: 3d8 ⇒ (2, 3, 3) = 8
Engineer Patch main power core: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Engineer Patch main engine: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Captain Encourage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Enemy Pilot Init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Enemy Pilot Man: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Prospero Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Aided by the Sunrise Maiden's computer Cueta is just able to get through the enemy's defenses. The laser cannon rips apart the aft shields of the Eoxian vessel and continues through to deal severe damage to the corpse-like hull.

Leila takes full advantage of the defenseless Cairncarver to unload a full load of flak right up its rear. The two full attacks have left a lot of bony shards and dark ichor spreading away from the gaping wounds on the undead vessel.

Alright let's see here 18 + 9 = 27 - 10 = 17 damage on the hull. Since CT is 8 that means two critical damages, PLUS one from the nat 20. The nat 20 goes to Engines due to the Target Action. It is now Glitching. One of the critical damages goes to Life Support Systems which, ahaha, doesn't mean much to the enemy crew. The third critical effect rolled a 100 (woo a 1 followed by a 100. Fun) so affected the Power Core

Meanwhile the enemy vessel finds itself almost completely unable to retaliate thanks to Prospero's manuevers. They are able to fire a torpedo which they do. It curves around in a tight orbit heading directly for the Sunrise Maiden. Leila lets loose again with the flak thrower but the speed of the torpedo is just too fast for the halfling to keep up with. The torpedo sprints through the flak and SLAMS against the aft of The Sunrise Maiden. The shield weakens, but holds! Nevertheless the shock wave from the impact causes the ship to judder and shake and the crew of the Sunrise Maiden have to steel themselves as they're thrown about within their safety harness.

Aft shields at half-strength Pumpkin calmly intones.

Leila's readouts show the enemy vessel is doing far worse than them though!

Sunrise Maiden Status
SUNRISE MAIDEN (TIER 3)
Medium explorer
Speed 10; Maneuverability good (turn 1); Drift 1
AC 13; TL 13
HP 55; DT n/a; CT 11
Shields Light 52/60 (forward 15, port 15, starboard 15, aft 7/15)
Attack (Forward) gyrolaser (1d8)
Attack (Aft) flak thrower (3d4)
Attack (Turret) heavy laser cannon (4d8)
Power Core(s) Pulse Green (150 PCU)

Enemy
Speed 12; Maneuverability good (turn 1); Drift 1
AC 13; TL 13
HP 23/40; DT —; CT 8
Shields basic 30 (forward 10, port 10, starboard 10, aft 0)
Attack (Forward) light particle beam (3d6), light plasma torpedo launcher (3d8)
Attack (Port) coilgun (4d4)
Attack (Starboard) coilgun (4d4)
Power Core(s) Pulse Black (120 PCU)
Glitching Life Support Systems
Glitching Engines (Patched)
Glitching Power Core


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna cheers as their gunners rip through the aft shields. "Ha! All according to plan!" She sits back in the Captain chair, smiling, not even phased by the torpedo coming directly towards them. "Bah, shoot it down Leila." The half-elf says dismissively, expecting the battle to keep going in their favor.

As Leila continually misses and the warning sirens blare with increasing intensity the victorious grin slowly slips from her face. "Aw s!$+." One last curse is spit before the torpedo impacts their shields, Astrianna hanging onto her chair harness for dear life. Unfortunately her hat is not so lucky- it goes flying with the sudden impulse, ironically smacking Prospero in the back of the head.

"They knocked off my hat!!!" She exclaims, furious. "Now it's personal."

The self-appointed Captain begins making dramatic gestures and shouting orders, though her range of motion is limited by being strapped down. "Leila, re-distribute the shields, the last thing I want is to be the owner of a ship with a prolapsed exhaust port! Prospero do that again, but this time fire the flak gun as soon as you're in range! New girl, concentrate turret fire on the aft! I want that freighter split clean down the middle!"

Captain Action: Encourage Prospero for +2 to initiative

diplomacy to encourage DC 15: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 9 + (4) = 15

When was the shouting too much shouting? Another word, and it might have been too much shouting.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Prospero is able to get the upper hand on the enemy pilot yet again. The piot of the enemy ship realizes this and tries to get at least one good shot on them with a fly by attack before being out maneuvered.

However something goes terribly wrong and instead of a quick surgical strafing run the ship yaws the wrong way entirely as it moves past the Sunrise Maiden leaving its weaponless underbelly completely exposed, trailing bone and blood in its wake.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"Well that only partially worked..." Leila said sheepishly as the torpedoes slammed into the shield. Who knew that messing with the point defences could have unforseen consequences? Now that I think about it. Uhun. The halfling quickly resets her modifications before turning over the controls to someone more qualified!

"Sorry about the hat! We can bury it with full honours after this." Leila focused on what she was good at and started the shield redistributing routines. On the bright side Pumpkin was really nice to work with and gave her no trouble. "Refocusing most of the starboard shields to the aft! Why is it *star*board anyhow? There's stars all around! At least port makes sense... Anyhow! Don't let them slip in on our weakened side before I get a chance to tune the shield again!"

Computer: Redistribute: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 2 = 27

10sp from starboard to aft


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

Fianh was just putting up a show...
Prospero-4 remains to be unimpressed about the combat maneuvers so far. Again, seeing the enemy circling and returning right the front of Sunrise Maiden, he just engages thrust and flies straight past the enemy. The ship glides steadily, making some minimal movements to distract enemy targeting.

Pilot action - Evade stunt
Piloting: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

"Enemy ship in flak range in two seconds. Preparing to fire." Prospero announces. And for once listening to the captain's orders, he takes over the controls for the flak thrower.

Gunnery action - Flak thrower
Gunnery: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

But it turns out Prospero-4 failed to take account to slow traverse speed of the flak shrapnel, and the projectiles miss the target slightly.

"I have observed Leila has shown much greater skill with sublight weapons than myself. I will learn of this, and improve myself if captain wishes to have me operating the flak thrower."


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Cueta slams her fist on the gunnery station as the turret shreds the aft end of the Eoxian ship, letting out a yell that gets strangled once the enemy torpedos slam into their shields.

"Yeeeaawww, beya-"

Jerking around the safety harness, Cueta holds onto the strap across her chest and closes her eyes, before forcing them open...

...To find the ship is still there, intact. Good ship, good girl!

Clearing her mind, the gunner focuses on the next opportunity, and it presents itself as the Cairncarver lumbers, as if on a slow dock, presenting its aft to them like a-

Cueta shakes a particularly raunchy memory of a night on the Silas II pleasurebarge from her mind and fires, but the memory was distracting enough to throw off her aim.

attack of opportunity: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10

Growling - "Focus, girl!" - she steadies and fires again, letting out another war whoop as this one finds its target.

attack!: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 = 19
damage: 4d8 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 1) = 9


GM Screen:

1d100 ⇒ 98

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Torpedo hit: 3d8 ⇒ (7, 8, 6) = 21

Captain Encourage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Enemy Pilot Init: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 4 = 9

Engineer Hold Together main power core: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Engineer Patch main power core: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Prospero Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Enemy Pilot Man: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 = 19
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Torpedo hit: 3d8 ⇒ (7, 7, 3) = 17

Leila redistributes 8 units of shield strength from the starboard arc of the ship to fully reinforce the aft.

Meanwhile the flak thrower and the first of the heavy cannon shots from the Sunrise Maiden both miss the listing and limping foe but Cueta's second blast rips another gaping hole into the enemy vessel just as it thought it had escaped damage. It seems to spasm in pain and Leila is certain from her readouts that the enemy's power core is on its last legs.

At the same time another one of the Eoxian torpedo zooms out from the front of the ship and curves through the answering flak to slam into the ship. This torpedo is far more destructive than the last one. The force of it completely depletes the reinforced aft shield and continues on to cause damage to the hull!

Aft shield depleted. Hull Damage sustained Pumpkin chimes in helpfully as the ships shakes far more violently than it had when only the shields had been damaged. This time you have to grit your teeth to keep them from chattering against each other and your bones feel like they're being turned to liquid. The lights of the bridge flicker crazily for a few moments before they manage to stabilize and the slight smell of ozone indicates that at least some circuitry has been fried by the last attack.

The enemy ship should be almost a sitting duck considering the damage its sustained but somehow the ship screeches around in yet another tight turn and repeats the maneuver from before. This time it whips by the Sunrise Maiden in a daring gambit that does not give the Maiden a chance to retaliate but does leave the ship open to an attack on any of its arcs by the weaponry of the Carincarver no matter how Prospero might maneuver!

Sunrise Maiden Status
SUNRISE MAIDEN (TIER 3)
Medium explorer
Speed 10; Maneuverability good (turn 1); Drift 1
AC 13; TL 13
HP 49/55; DT n/a; CT 11
Shields Light 52/60 (forward 15, port 15, starboard 7/15, aft 0/15)
Attack (Forward) gyrolaser (1d8)
Attack (Aft) flak thrower (3d4)
Attack (Turret) heavy laser cannon (4d8)
Power Core(s) Pulse Green (150 PCU)

Enemy
Speed 12; Maneuverability good (turn 1); Drift 1
AC 13; TL 13
HP 14/40; DT —; CT 8
Shields basic 30 (forward 10, port 10, starboard 10, aft 0)
Attack (Forward) light particle beam (3d6), light plasma torpedo launcher (3d8)
Attack (Port) coilgun (4d4)
Attack (Starboard) coilgun (4d4)
Power Core(s) Pulse Black (120 PCU)
Glitching Life Support Systems
Glitching Engines (Patched)
Malfunctioning Power Core (Held Together)


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna clings to her chair as the torpedo rocks their vessel. "S#@@! I really wanted to keep the original paneling! Ugh, they'll probably mess up the color when they fix that..." She bemoans, clearly distraught at the prospect.

"Prospero, get us behind them again! Scans say their aft shields are still down. Leila, balance our shields, I do NOT want to be paying for any more repairs!" She left her orders unsaid for the new girl- it was pretty obvious they wanted the enemy vessel shot to pieces.

Captain action round 4 and 5: Encourage on pilot initiative.

diplomacy DC 15 Round 4: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 9 + (5) = 27

diplomacy DC 15 Round 5: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 9 + (3) = 26


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"Ow!!" Leila shrieked as everything bounced around, especially her. Now this was the part of space battles she didn't enjoy. Much better when they are missing!

As soon as the ship stopped shaking Leila uncurled and started working on that shield rebalance. "Balance coming up! Let's fix this Pumpkin!"

Computer:Balance: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 2 = 18


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

Should we use the extra action this turn for engineering to divert power to shields?

Looks like the enemy is desperate on it's movements - maybe the bones are on verge of breaking apart. This time Prospero-4 needs to pull slightly tighter turns to place their ship behind the enemy. And unlike previosly, he feels like he should take the next incoming barrage on Sunrise Maiden's front shields.

Stunt: Evade
Piloting: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Gritting her teeth, Cueta waits for the shaking of the ship to pass one way or the other, and then when they still live, she locks the turret's targetting on the aft side of the Cairncarver. The turret holds its target as the android - Prospero, apparently - maneuvers the ship behind their enemy.

The turret fires true, blasting laserfire into the enemy ship.

Like shooting whales in a barrel.

attack!: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 = 19
damage: 4d8 ⇒ (5, 2, 5, 7) = 19


The final burst of laserfire rips the gaping wound on the aft of the enemy wide open. The ship seems to, almost, split in two, as it spams blood and bone into the void.

Sensors indicate Enemy Vessel Disabled Pumpkin says over the intercom.

Combat over!


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

"Yessssss take that you rot-soppers!" Astrianna celebrates as the ship breaks up, pumping her fist in the air.

Settling back into her chair, she continues to give orders. "Prospero, circle around the wreck slowly. Leila, scan for survivors. Yes I know they're undead you know what I mean. As for YOU.." The newly minted starship Captain had figured out the controls on her seat while they were fighting, and she pushes a lever to slowly rotate her seat in the direction of the gunner that dealt the finishing blow to the enemy ship.

The slow rotation finishes, and Astrianna steeples her fingers. Emerald green eyes look Cuesta up and down carefully, scrutinizing every inch. "Okay, I take it back, you're not a sex doll. I don't think they make them with gunnery modules, and if they do wow that's kinky."

She spreads her hands out in a plaintive gesture. "Let's start with introductions. I'm Astrianna Sparacello, infosphere celebrity and Starfinder. Thanks for shooting those arsholes. Now, why don't you tell me your name and what the hells you're doing on my ship?"

Leaning back, she reaches for her wrist mounted comfortably and makes a few taps, setting the audio quality of her Life Corder system to its highest setting," interview". Whether this person was a chump or some long-forgotten hero, she was going to make some credits off of broadcasting it.

Cueta could tell the half-elf was wearing some kind of device on her head that looked like a tiara with a sapphire em in it, but it looked a bit too sophisticated and possibly technological to be merely jewelery.


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Cueta shrugs. She had served a powerful warlord, and this one hadn't proved herself to be any less temperamental. Best to show as little emotion as possible.

"Chinny on your success, mia Astriana. I'm Cueta Guiding Star, spacer, and I donnknow why I'm on your ship, yes?"


As Cueta speaks on the sensors you can see the disabled enemy vessel suddenly consume itself in a massive fireball which quickly winks out in the vacuum of space. All that is left is very organic looking debris.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"Pew!" is Leila's only response to Pumpkins announcement and the halfling deflates a little in her chair. While space battles were still preferable to being shot in person, she prefers the "find cool things" part of the job.

"Aaie!" she continued when the other ship suddenly exploded of all things. Either their powercore were much more damages then the scans indicated or - "Woah! You think they simply self destructed? That's... Dedication?"

She turned to her scanner again, pondering the latest events. And realized they had some more pressing issues. Two actually! The halfling quickly unbuckled and bounced out of her chair. "Oh damn! Damn-damn-DAMN!! FI!! And our other space ship! Mostly Fi right now though!"

She rushed over towards the slumping, but hopefully not dead, woman. "Oh-oh-oh!! Prospero can you please help me? Oh-oh-oh and new *ah* Cueta can you fly a ship? Or do you know first aid? We need to help Fi! And catch up with the other ship!!"


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

"You don't know?!" She exclaims, partly out of interest and partly out of surprise. "You were in that cyropod, right? So how did you get in the cyropod?"

She gets distracted by the enemy ship blowing up, her face taking on an expression of incredulity. "Are you serious?! I wanted some information! Who keeps sending assassins after us?! I was even going to let them live!" She wasn't.

Fi was another disaster, the half elf getting up and shaking her head. She walks over and retrieves her hat, putting it on her head. "Fi was our medical expert. All we can do is give her a healing serum and hope for the best."

Returning to the Captain's chair, Astrianna frowns and thinks for a moment. She sighs and folds her hands in her lap. "Cueta, long story short we found this ship a few hours ago in an asteroid that had been towed out of the drift. Its previous owner, Moriko Nash, had landed on that rock 70 years ago and was killed by one of the native creatures. So... you've been in that cyro pod for at least 70 years. Welcome to the future, or something. The current year is AG 317 if that helps you get your bearings."


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"I have some basic knowledge on medicine and first aid, but no expertise." Prospero-4 confirms, and moves to help Leila with Fianh. He checks the former pilot for life signs, and then unbuckles her from her seat.

"I believe she'll survive, given enough time to rest. The electric burst might have damaged her nervous system seriously - I recall humans are quite frail on that aspect." The android easily picks up the unconscious woman, and starts carrying her towards the crew quarters. "Leila, could you help find some restraints? We should strap her into the bed in case we need to take any high-G maneuvers."

Passing the new-comer, he nods to the woman. "How do you do, Cueta Guiding Star. I am Prospero-4. And this is Fianh, our pilot. She is not well."

"Are you sure you do not remember why you are on this ship? Did you know captain Moriko Nash?"

"And pardon our suspicious nature. There have been assassination attempts, so it is merely logical for us to be cautious."


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Cueta unbuckled herself from the safety harness and her knees bent. Grabbing her head, time and space folded in on itself. Her knees bent, and Cueta realized, idly, that she was sinking to the ground.

70 years? Assassination?

70 years. Da. Dead. Ma. Dead. Not that she were songs much,yeah? Melila. Likely dead. Us to? That nastard were likely alive, chinney.

I'm a need a minute.


Culture Check DC 10 anyone but Cueta:
While GalComm itself hasn't changed that much over the last three quarters of a century there are certainly dialect and slang patterns of it that have come and gone. Cueta is speaking in an old style of GalComm that used to be far more pronounced on non Pact World planets settled by mostly humans spreading out from Absalom Station. Nowadays you hear it this strongly mostly in Space Western Flicks.

Cueta:
These people are speaking funny. It's kind of like how the Pact Worlder Moriko spoke but different. It's also hard to put a finger on exactly how it's different which is irritating

Prospero-4 can tell that Fianh Jin is breathing and her breaths are long and deep. Both are obviously good signs. He is correct that neurological damage in humans is hard to predict so observation would be wise. Too bad there's no Medical Bay on the Sunrise Maiden but it should be enough to strap her in and keep her under observation.

Leila, after the latest bout of excitement, you can tell the Hippocampus is about an hour ahead of you on its way to Absalom Station.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Culture check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"You know, you sound like you're out of a Frontier trid. Were you some kind of settler...?" The woman's sudden breakdown makes Astrianna perfectly sculpted eyebrows rise, and she shrugs.

"Sure, whatever, take your time, we're not going anywhere." Now that the stress of combat has worn off, the half-life certainly seems more relaxed- or she just cares less.

Pushing the joystick on her Captain's chair, she slowly spins back to the neutral position, facing the main view screen. "Pumpkin, engage autopilot and continue along the course Fi had plotted, following the Hippocampus."


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

Leila anxiously follows Prospero's every move until he confirms that she is at least alive, if not well. "Pew! That's something. Hopefully the Starfinders have some skilled healers on retainer, so she should be fine right? Right."

When their previous pilot is safely secured Leila returns to the cockpit. She shoots their newest crew member a curious glance but waits with introduction, since she seems to have a bit on her mind. Instead she tries to dig through Pumpkins databanks for some info on the stasis pod. "Do you remember anything about it Pumpkin? I mean it must have gotten here somehow! What do you think Astri? Prospero?"


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Cueta blinks, and rubs her forehead hard, as if scrubbing memories from her mind.

"A settler? Nah. I'm a pilot, a soldier. For a real basher named Iago, droid, chinney? Probably still around, that pukker's tougher'n driftscrap."

"You all know Nash, yeah? She's allright a basher as one ken hope'fr."

Standing, Cueta wobbles a bit and nods in turn. "Prospero, Astriana, well met." Turning to the halfing, Cueta nods again. "You ehm?"

"Who's tryna kill us, now? You. Whose tryna kill you now?"


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna seems preoccupied with a wrist mounted holo screen, until Cueta mentions she's a pilot. The half-elf perks up and looks Cueta's way. "A pilot? Well our pilot may have just suffered permanent nerve damage, so.. If you're looking for some short-term work..." The offer was obvious and unfinished.

Astrianna makes a complicated series of facial expressions when Cueta asks whether or not they know Nash, ranging from sheepish to thoughtful to regretful. "Uh, technically we know Nash. I mean we met her ghost. After we accidently avenged her, her ghost lead us to her body on the drift rock and then left the material plane for the Boneyard. We found a recording bequeathing this ship to whomever found her body, so.. Here we are. This was her ship."

The inquiry on who is currently trying to kill them is met with a shrug. " If I knew who was trying to kill us I'd shove my pistol up the excretion end of their digestive track and pull the trigger. But I don't. We have some leads, but they're not solid. Probably some corporation, we've been involved in some corporate disputes lately. "

She also offers a shrug to Leila on the whereaboutss of the Hippocampus. " I really don't have any idea why the ship took off. Either it was recalled somehow or someone snuck by us and took the ship. Regardless the Ambassador is going to want his package, and I want a finder's fee, so we need to track it down."


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

The truth was, Cueta Guiding Star didn't have any other options. Her family was dead. Nash was dead. Her warlord likely would want Cueta dead, if it knew she wasn't. Shrugging, Cueta slid into the copilot's seat. Nash's old ship was a nice one. At least there was that.

"Eh. Em nostro. Equal share. What, uh, exactly do you do then?"

Can't be worse than my previous employer...


The stasis pod is in need of repair. It was installed in a closet compartment in Cargo Bay 2 by Captain Nash for 'special transportation' requirements' according to her. Pumpkin responds to Leila.

The Sunrise Maiden is far faster than The Hippocampus. Twice as fast in fact for non drift inter-system travel and so the group starts to catch up to their former vessel quite rapidly. As they get just within visual distance though other starships appear on your sensors and you are hailed. This is Absalom Station Security. A military sounding voice comes in over the speakers Requesting you stop where you are. You are required to undergo quarantine protocol if you wish to come any closer to Abslaom Station!

What did you guys do with the Aceron and the Drift Rock by the way?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

There was some discussion about whether or not to set it to autopilot to absalom station but no consensus was reached. Sooo it's still sitting there.

Astrianna perks up at the question. "We're Starfinders!" She announces with aplomb. "I, personally, am a famous vlogger. I have a iToob channel if you want to watch som... er.. actually, hold off on that. Most of my old stuff isn't quite relevant to my new profession." Despite just wanting to join the starfinders to get a desk job, it seems the half-elf has started to like and identify with her high-octane lifestyle.

She leans back in her chair, thinking. "Tell you what. I'm going to make a video about our adventure on the Drift Rock that will explain everything... you can be the first person to see it!" She says, as if it's some kind of privilege.

--------------

Drumming her fingers on the console, Astrianna watches the viewscreen showing the distance between The Sunrise Maiden and Hippocampus "Almost there... Cueta, prepare to intercept the Hippo-" Suddenly, ASS comes over the intercom and interrupts her plotting. "What?! No!" Astrianna slams her fist on the console and growls, before falling back in her chair and putting her hand on her forehead. "Ugggh."

Sighing, she punches the communication channel two-way. "This is The Sunrise Maiden captained by Astrianna Sparacello, Starfinder. We have retrieved this ship from the Drift Rock and are requesting immediate docking privileges. We have time-sensitive information that must reach the Starfinders. The Drift Rock has been cleared of anomalies and this vessel is safe."

bluff: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 :/

diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 9 + (3) = 16 Ehhhh using Slick Customer and forgoing the skill expertise dice to re-roll.

diplomacy, slick customer: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 Lol.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"I'm Leila." the halfling chirps and spins her chair so she can look at their mysterious passenger. Briefly at least until inertia continued the rotation. And then back again. On the bright side, she could monitor the sensors too this way! And get a little motion sick. Oh the sacrifices we do for this job!

"So! When are you from?" *spin* "And did you know Nash?" *spin* "I mean you said 'hi' just now-ish right?" *spin* "Oh! I'm sorry! I hope I'm not insensitive!" *spin* "Just curious!"

---

"Psst! What will happen with the Hippo? Shouldn't the assessment stop that one too? And ... If it doesn't stop ... Or if they are to let it trough? We could offer to catch it!" Leila offers while the transmitter is set to mute.


GM Screen:

1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 = 30

Yeah.. no The voice returns We appreciate all you've done Captain Sparacello but we need to verify that you are clean of hostile organisms. We do *not* wish to have an outbreak of Akata zombies or a Garaggakal running loose on Absalom Station as I am sure you can appreciate. Again. Do we have permission to board your vessel Captain?

The tone makes it clear that the voice considers this to be more of an order than a request despite the choice of wording.

Meanwhile Leila's scans show that The Hippocampus has been brought to a stop and is being approached by a large science vessel with an armed fighter escort. The same vessel that hailed you.

Oddly enough Leila's masterful work with the Sunrise Maiden's sensors picks up a smaller ship that has detached itself from The Hippocampus and is slipping away already. It seems to be being ignored by the science vessel and fighter. Weird.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna sighs, slumping in her chair. "I'll keep that in mind Leila, but looks like there's no getting out of this."

She unmutes the transmitter to the hailing channel. "Permission granted to board, Station Security." Was said passive-aggressively, and she mutes the channels again.

Sitting up straight in her chair once more, she gives out orders. "Cueta, full stop. Prospero, Leila, prepare the vessel for the security sweep. I am going to contact Ambassador Nor and inform him of our delayed arrival. If I am still speaking with the Ambassador by the time security arrives please cooperate with them on my behalf."

"Pumpkin, call the Eoxian Mission on Absalom Station using my name as the calling identity. Find Ambassador Nor's extention and contact it directly if you can." Astrianna intones, waiting for the call to be patched through.


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Cueta furrows her brow and frowns, it being apparent from Astriana's body language that the captain was trying to bluff the station security.

Ah well, if we're arrested, I've got a pretty good claim to ignorance.

Turning to Leila, the pilot watches the little one spin around and round.

"Balthus 9. A sandblasted rock outside the Pact Worlds. Eh mio family were water farmers, just like most of'un."

"And yeah, I knew Nash. Good music that'un."

sense motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Reaching over, Cueta engages the reverse thrusters, letting the Sunrise Maiden drift to a gentle stop. Shutting all the propulsion systems down, the pilot eases back in her chair and sighs.

"Your AI is named Pumpkin, then?"

651 to 700 of 2,402 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / All over a bit of Drift Rock All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.