Adventure Path Reign of Winter

Game Master Lareg

Maps
Winterthrone
Travel


3,701 to 3,750 of 4,307 << first < prev | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar Kineticist 5/UC Monk 1 | HP: 55/55 NL: 5/55 Burn: 1/6 | AC: 24(D:28) Touch: 19(D:23) FF: 19 CMD: 24(D:28)| Fort: 9 Ref: 10 Will: 6 | Resistance - Acid:7, Cold:7, Electric:7, Fire: 2+(2*Burn) | Initiative: 4 Perception: 12(LL Vision, Darkvision 60ft)

"Hmmm, I guess I'll stick with being a slave then. If I have to use my fire Quasit can just talk us out of it."

The Exchange

Female Human Unchained Rogue/6 |HP:45/45|AC21,F16,T16|F+4,R+10,W+3|Init+6|SPD30|PER +9|ACRO +13|APPRAISE +6|BLUFF +12|CLIMB+5|DIPLO +7|DIS DEV +18|DISG +6|ESC ART +11|INTIM +7|KNOW(dung) +5|KNOW(Local) +5|PERF +6|SENSE MOT +5|SLEIGHT +8|STEALTH +12|SWIM +5|UMD+11

"I remember the last time I needed papers. I was in Cheliax for a little while. It seemed like most of the time, people checking papers were bored guards and bureaucrats who were hoping they wouldn't find anything wrong because it would be a hassle for them if they did. If you're checking a few hundred people's papers every day, your level of attention and efficiency probably tends to drift. Unless they were on the lookout for something or someone in particular, or if a guard was just in the mood to nail you because he didn't like your face or something, that is. But then you're probably screwed no matter how in order your papers are."

"The main thing is to just play it cool. Hand over your papers immediately whenever someone asks for them, and look as bored as they feel. If they chat with you, chat back. And if they look like the one in a hundred that is just having a bad day and wants to nail someone, have a nice bribe ready. 25 gold was the going rate in Cheliax."

"Fighting guards or winter wolves or Mirror Men should be our absolute last resort. Because we may win a fight, but after that, we're not going to be able to blend in no matter how good our papers are."


Male Tengu Monk 1 / Shaman 5 | HP: 37/37 NL: 0/37| AC: 17(D:21) Touch: 16(D:20) FF: 15 CMD: 23(D:27)| Fort: 4 Ref: 8 Will: 9 | Initiative: 2 Perception: 14(LL Vision) | CPE:2/2 PS: 4/4 SF: 2/2

Tezuzu will start unpacking some of his things. He will take off his worn temple sword and approach Quasit with the curved blade in hand "This was my grandfathers I would like to entrust it to you temporarily as I can not carry it with the papers I shall be using. Please do not lose it."

He then piles up the rest of his weaponry (A light crossbow, 20 bolts, and 2 javalins.) and asks "Would any of the rest of you mind shouldering the burden of carrying the rest of my weaponry?"

I am assuming my Lantern Staff can be passed off as a walking stick and light source enough to be ignored as a possible weapon.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 5, HP: 63/63, AC: 24, FF: 22, Touch: 12, CMB +9 CMD 21, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5/7, Cold Resistance 2, Initiative +2, Warrior Spirit 2/2

"I can be your pack mule." Bulvi extends his arm to Tezuzu.

"If we somehow survive all of this we should get a boat. We'd have plenty of money I'd suspect and a long list of places we could plan to go. Garund would be a nice change, certainly warmer. If theres anywhere with a surprising lack of fey that would be nice too."


Female Aasimar Kineticist 5/UC Monk 1 | HP: 55/55 NL: 5/55 Burn: 1/6 | AC: 24(D:28) Touch: 19(D:23) FF: 19 CMD: 24(D:28)| Fort: 9 Ref: 10 Will: 6 | Resistance - Acid:7, Cold:7, Electric:7, Fire: 2+(2*Burn) | Initiative: 4 Perception: 12(LL Vision, Darkvision 60ft)
Bulvi wrote:

"I can be your pack mule." Bulvi extends his arm to Tezuzu.

"If we somehow survive all of this we should get a boat. We'd have plenty of money I'd suspect and a long list of places we could plan to go. Garund would be a nice change, certainly warmer. If theres anywhere with a surprising lack of fey that would be nice too."

"That sounds fun! I've never been to Garund, what's it like?"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 6th | HP:53/53 | AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB:7 CMD:22 | Saves F:+6 R:+10 W:+4 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +12| Gravity Bow (x3)

Fin shrugs. ”Can’t speak for all Elves, but the Elvish society where I was raised had no use for papers. Elves, along with their status, were known by their name alone...each to their own, I guess...”

Dark Archive

NG Female Kitsune Sorcerer 5 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | hp 35/37 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2 | Percep +2 | CMD 13 | Spells per day used: lvl1 0/8 lvl2 0/5 | Conditions: none

"Garund? Oh yes, that would be fun. All that sand and sun. Or at least that's what I've heard." Sakitu sees Mortin looking questioningly at her. "What? Oh. The papers. Well, hmm. You can make me a slave too. I mean, I can defend myself without weapons. I mean, I can a little bit. But that's what Jadwiga's do too, right? So yes, that's what we should do." She looks a little confused and nods at Mortin. "Ok?"

Sakitu goes with 'slave'

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 6th | HP:53/53 | AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB:7 CMD:22 | Saves F:+6 R:+10 W:+4 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +12| Gravity Bow (x3)

Fin ponders for a moment, turning to Mortin. ”With my physical Elven characteristics, I assume it goes without saying that my papers would identify me as a foreign guest of the Jadigwa clan...I also assume they can carry weapons as well, yes?”

Fin will go with foreign guest of the Jadigwa Clan as long as they’re allowed to carry...


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 5, HP: 63/63, AC: 24, FF: 22, Touch: 12, CMB +9 CMD 21, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5/7, Cold Resistance 2, Initiative +2, Warrior Spirit 2/2
Maka Na'Shota wrote:
"That sounds fun! I've never been to Garund, what's it like?"

"I've never been but it's a whole continent. I heard some of the Scarab Sages talk about Osirion, giant pyramids and deserts from one horizon to the next. There's the Mwangi Expanse, jungles with ancient ruins. With a boat we could travel the coast to see the wonders it has."

"If the fancy takes us we could head east to Qadira or even deeper into Kellish Empire... or west to the Ruins of Azlant." Bulvi smiled whistfully.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 6th | HP:53/53 | AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB:7 CMD:22 | Saves F:+6 R:+10 W:+4 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +12| Gravity Bow (x3)
Bulvi wrote:

"I've never been but it's a whole continent. I heard some of the Scarab Sages talk about Osirion, giant pyramids and deserts from one horizon to the next. There's the Mwangi Expanse, jungles with ancient ruins. With a boat we could travel the coast to see the wonders it has."

"If the fancy takes us we could head east to Qadira or even deeper into Kellish Empire... or west to the Ruins of Azlant." Bulvi smiled whistfully.

Fin nods. "I've been to the northern part of Garund...Osirion...spent part of my early youth there. It was the total opposite of here; instead of cold, hot, instead of snow, sand. My father was a desert Elf; he taught me the ways of the bow and how to live in extreme climates. We lived in Ossi till he died; my mother and I then moved back across the Inner Sea, to her family home, in the Mierani Forest..."

The ranger then goes silent, looking to the horizon wistfully...


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

Mortin puts the final touches on the papers and hands them over. Ringeirr nods, a bit red in the face from his earlier frustrations but clearly glad at his friend's work. He pulls the party aside, "I can ask about staying if you all feel the need, but I'd think it be best if we move on.

Papers:

Quasit, Jadwiga clan. weapons and armor openly
Findurel, Jadwiga clan. weapons and armor openly
Tezuzu, slave. no weapons and armor openly
Maka, slave. no weapons and armor openly
Sakitu, slave. no weapons and armor openly
Bulvi, Jadwiga clan weapons and armor openly


Male Tengu Monk 1 / Shaman 5 | HP: 37/37 NL: 0/37| AC: 17(D:21) Touch: 16(D:20) FF: 15 CMD: 23(D:27)| Fort: 4 Ref: 8 Will: 9 | Initiative: 2 Perception: 14(LL Vision) | CPE:2/2 PS: 4/4 SF: 2/2

Tezuzu will nod to Bulvi ”My many thanks, I suppose you should take my staff as well. It helps this old bird get around, but we can not be too careful.”

”I hear both Westcrown and Absalom sound nice. Perhaps once my business is subsided here I would be interested in travel. Provided we make it out of Whitethrone alive, though. I have heard Westcrown has a lively theater scene.”

The Exchange

Female Human Unchained Rogue/6 |HP:45/45|AC21,F16,T16|F+4,R+10,W+3|Init+6|SPD30|PER +9|ACRO +13|APPRAISE +6|BLUFF +12|CLIMB+5|DIPLO +7|DIS DEV +18|DISG +6|ESC ART +11|INTIM +7|KNOW(dung) +5|KNOW(Local) +5|PERF +6|SENSE MOT +5|SLEIGHT +8|STEALTH +12|SWIM +5|UMD+11
Tezuzu Curseclaw wrote:
He will take off his worn temple sword and approach Quasit with the curved blade in hand "This was my grandfathers I would like to entrust it to you temporarily as I can not carry it with the papers I shall be using. Please do not lose it."

Quasit accepts the sword with a rather solemn nod. It's clear this sort of thing doesn't happen very often with her. "Sure. You bet." she says very seriously.

When talk turns to travel, she listens with interest while everyone fantasizes about warmer climes and vacation spots. A few times she looks like she's about to throw in her 2 coppers worth, but in the end she just lets other people talk for once, a relaxing change of pace.

"Absalom's fun." is all she manages.

And then Ringeirr is talking about moving. She sighs and her smile melts away.

"You're the expert. If you think we should move, then we should move." She looks over her new papers as if she knows what she's looking at.

"So... I should take off the wolf cloak now, right? Since I'm a stilyagi now and not a winter wolf?"


Female Aasimar Kineticist 5/UC Monk 1 | HP: 55/55 NL: 5/55 Burn: 1/6 | AC: 24(D:28) Touch: 19(D:23) FF: 19 CMD: 24(D:28)| Fort: 9 Ref: 10 Will: 6 | Resistance - Acid:7, Cold:7, Electric:7, Fire: 2+(2*Burn) | Initiative: 4 Perception: 12(LL Vision, Darkvision 60ft)

Maka listens in amazement at Bulvi and Fin's descriptions. "That sounds great, it would be like an opposite adventure! Okay it's settled then, once we fix things here we'll go to Garund." Maka's smile was even wider than normal.

Fin wrote:
My father was a desert Elf

"I didn't know elves could be from the desert. Besides your dad every story with elves I've heard has involved trees."

Not noticing Fin's wistfulness, the fire monk threw an arm around the elf's shoulder. "Well it's double settled now, we can go home with Fin!"

Quasit wrote:
"Absalom's fun." is all she manages.

"Oh yeah Absalom is great, they have the best food in the whole world! And there is always a fight going on to earn money for more food!" Maka couldn't help but lick her lips at the dozens of memories of food carts rushing through her head.


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

Ringeirr shrugs, as he answers Quasit "Until we get to our next stop I'm not sure. If your friend Greta sees you again having it off could create a situation. Though I hope that angry winter wolf will keep her busy. If anyone else stops us, then having stowed the pelt would be best. Once we get to our next stop the pelt can be stowed for sure. I'd leave it to your judgment. He looks at the others. Any other matters that should be addressed before we leave?

Dark Archive

NG Female Kitsune Sorcerer 5 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | hp 35/37 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2 | Percep +2 | CMD 13 | Spells per day used: lvl1 0/8 lvl2 0/5 | Conditions: none

Sakitu looks over the papers with her name on them. "I guess I need to stow my bow somewhere too. Bulvi, do you mind carrying it for me? I don't think anyone would think it strange that you have a shortbow with you."


Male Tengu Monk 1 / Shaman 5 | HP: 37/37 NL: 0/37| AC: 17(D:21) Touch: 16(D:20) FF: 15 CMD: 23(D:27)| Fort: 4 Ref: 8 Will: 9 | Initiative: 2 Perception: 14(LL Vision) | CPE:2/2 PS: 4/4 SF: 2/2

Im getting a mental image of Bulvi covered in weapons.

”I have expended some of my magic on wards and subtle offensive measures that seem to have been for nought, due to our leaders silver tounge and skill at deception. I still have a good portion of magic left and my claws are still sharp.”

Tez cast shield companion and false life upon getting to the howlings. If 5 hours have past than they’re both gone. That’s your call DM.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 6th | HP:53/53 | AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB:7 CMD:22 | Saves F:+6 R:+10 W:+4 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +12| Gravity Bow (x3)
Maka Na'Shota wrote:
"I didn't know elves could be from the desert. Besides your dad every story with elves I've heard has involved trees."

Fin nods. "There aren't many...the ones there are descended from the jungle Elves in the Mwangi...most settle around the various oases, at least we did. But when my father died, we did move to the forest with the more 'conventional' Elves..."

Maka Na'Shota wrote:
Not noticing Fin's wistfulness, the fire monk threw an arm around the elf's shoulder. "Well it's double settled now, we can go home with Fin!"

Fin smiles sadly at the monk. "Thank you, Maka...I wouldn't mind visiting, especially with friends, but I doubt they even remember me there. My father died many years ago, before most of you were born...you all are more family to me than most Elves..."

The Exchange

Female Human Unchained Rogue/6 |HP:45/45|AC21,F16,T16|F+4,R+10,W+3|Init+6|SPD30|PER +9|ACRO +13|APPRAISE +6|BLUFF +12|CLIMB+5|DIPLO +7|DIS DEV +18|DISG +6|ESC ART +11|INTIM +7|KNOW(dung) +5|KNOW(Local) +5|PERF +6|SENSE MOT +5|SLEIGHT +8|STEALTH +12|SWIM +5|UMD+11

Quasit makes a point of perusing all the papers to double-check everyone's new aliases and to see who owns whom.

Once the party is ready to move, she'll put the rimepelt back on. Once the group is out of the Howlings district, or comes to a someone checking papers, she'll stow it away.


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

Once the group heads out...

The winding streets of the Howlings give way to an intersection of broad thoroughfares that lead to other districts of Whitethrone, where the buildings continue to improve in the quality of their construction and the exquisite detailing of their woodwork. In the distance, the sounds of more active neighborhoods can be heard, but Whitethrone is generally somber and muted. A white signpost, painted with neat black writing, stands at the crossroads.

Sign (Skald / Giant), Linguistics (DC 20):
Two Hills (northeast), Merchants' Quarter and the Floes (southeast), Porcelain Street and Frosthall (south)

Perception (Quasit): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Perception (Findurêl): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Perception (Tezuzu): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Perception (Sakitu): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Perception (Bulvi): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Perception (Maka): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Perception>19:
While approaching the intersection you notice a pair of mirror men in the shadows beneath the eves of a building situated near the intersection.


Male Tengu Monk 1 / Shaman 5 | HP: 37/37 NL: 0/37| AC: 17(D:21) Touch: 16(D:20) FF: 15 CMD: 23(D:27)| Fort: 4 Ref: 8 Will: 9 | Initiative: 2 Perception: 14(LL Vision) | CPE:2/2 PS: 4/4 SF: 2/2
Findurêl wrote:
”My father died many years ago, before most of you were born...you all are more family to me than most Elves..."

Trying to distract from the bleaker subject of long lost loved ones Tezuzu will chirp up ”I have a question that has always bothered me...Do your kind grow to maturity at typical rate and then you age slowly or do you spend a decade or more as an infant? If that is not too personal of a question.”

—————

Upon heading out Tezuzu will translate the sign out loud into common for the rest of his companions before saying in a low muted voice ”Be wary ahead are two mirror men hidden, perhaps a checkpoint. Perhaps an ambush. Be on guard.”

The Exchange

Female Human Unchained Rogue/6 |HP:45/45|AC21,F16,T16|F+4,R+10,W+3|Init+6|SPD30|PER +9|ACRO +13|APPRAISE +6|BLUFF +12|CLIMB+5|DIPLO +7|DIS DEV +18|DISG +6|ESC ART +11|INTIM +7|KNOW(dung) +5|KNOW(Local) +5|PERF +6|SENSE MOT +5|SLEIGHT +8|STEALTH +12|SWIM +5|UMD+11
Tezuzu Curseclaw wrote:


Upon heading out Tezuzu will translate the sign out loud into common for the rest of his companions before saying in a low muted voice ”Be wary ahead are two mirror men hidden, perhaps a checkpoint. Perhaps an ambush. Be on guard.”

Quasit stows her wolf-pelt cloak.

"All right everyone, just play it cool. Keep walking, and if they ask for papers, hand 'em over like you do it all the time." she says quietly to the group.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 6th | HP:53/53 | AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB:7 CMD:22 | Saves F:+6 R:+10 W:+4 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +12| Gravity Bow (x3)

Fin looks to Tezuzu. "In early life, we mature at similar rates to humans...but being Elves, the Elders tend to frown on the younger of us to 'expose' themselves to the general public, so our youth tend to train and study for a longer time. Once we reach maturity, we age much less noticeably as our lifespans are a good bit longer..."

Seeing the mirror men, the ranger nods at Tezuzu's and Quasit's words, murmuring, "Roger that..."


Male Tengu Monk 1 / Shaman 5 | HP: 37/37 NL: 0/37| AC: 17(D:21) Touch: 16(D:20) FF: 15 CMD: 23(D:27)| Fort: 4 Ref: 8 Will: 9 | Initiative: 2 Perception: 14(LL Vision) | CPE:2/2 PS: 4/4 SF: 2/2

Tezuzu nods eagerly at Fin's explanation before adding "Well Tengu parents are not much better, but in a different sort of way. We lay eggs in clutches and breed like rats. We are left to fend for our own selves by the time we can walk. The best of us become thieves the worst become cutthroats.....We are not even given real names until we reach 10 years of age. Mine was 'Upkiyuk Sgnukablak' which translated means 'Vomity Snot-Beak'" he says with an odd sense of pride.


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

Ringeirr nods at Quasit's suggestion. As hurried merchant makes his way around you the mirror men step out of the shadows. One motions for him to stop while the other flags the party down, a disembodied voice emanating from inside your mind. "Stop here. Take out your papers.

The other mirror man methodically reviews the merchant's paperwork as he objects. I have very urgent business. Is this really necessary?

The Exchange

Female Human Unchained Rogue/6 |HP:45/45|AC21,F16,T16|F+4,R+10,W+3|Init+6|SPD30|PER +9|ACRO +13|APPRAISE +6|BLUFF +12|CLIMB+5|DIPLO +7|DIS DEV +18|DISG +6|ESC ART +11|INTIM +7|KNOW(dung) +5|KNOW(Local) +5|PERF +6|SENSE MOT +5|SLEIGHT +8|STEALTH +12|SWIM +5|UMD+11

Quasit takes out her new papers without a word and holds them up for the Mirror Man to take. She pretends like she's casually watching the merchant with the other Mirror Man, mostly so she doesn't have to look her own creepy interrogator in the ... face?


Female Aasimar Kineticist 5/UC Monk 1 | HP: 55/55 NL: 5/55 Burn: 1/6 | AC: 24(D:28) Touch: 19(D:23) FF: 19 CMD: 24(D:28)| Fort: 9 Ref: 10 Will: 6 | Resistance - Acid:7, Cold:7, Electric:7, Fire: 2+(2*Burn) | Initiative: 4 Perception: 12(LL Vision, Darkvision 60ft)
Tezuzu wrote:
Mine was 'Upkiyuk Sgnukablak' which translated means 'Vomity Snot-Beak'" he says with an odd sense of pride.

Maka burst in to laughter at this. "At least Tengu parents have a good sense of humor!"

---------

As the group headed out, Maka stayed beside Bulvi, doing her best to look bored and cold. "Do you think the witches can still see through the mirror if we break it?" she whispered to the Ulfin.

Dark Archive

NG Female Kitsune Sorcerer 5 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | hp 35/37 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2 | Percep +2 | CMD 13 | Spells per day used: lvl1 0/8 lvl2 0/5 | Conditions: none

"Thanks Tezuzu. So which way do we want to go? Does anyone know?" Sakitu cocks her head to the side studying the incomprehensible words on the signpost. The strokes burned into the wood are blocky and crude looking to her but she can't tell if that is just the nature of whatever language they are in or just because whoever made the sign didn't take the time for smoother writing. She is just about to ask Tezuzu when he mentions the hidden mirrormen.

Her face pales a little. "Not again. Ok. We'll be fine. Right?" She feels her pockets to find her slave papers to make sure they are easy to produce.

Only a few minutes later the mirrorman asks for her papers. She quickly takes them out of the pouch and hands them over while keeping her eyes downcast.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 6th | HP:53/53 | AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB:7 CMD:22 | Saves F:+6 R:+10 W:+4 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +12| Gravity Bow (x3)

Fin keeps an eye on the hurried merchant and the mirror men's interaction with him. The ranger gets in line behind Quasit, patiently awaiting his turn; he nods to the mirror men and nonchalantly pulls his papers out and presents them to the nearest one when asked for them...

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20


Male Tengu Monk 1 / Shaman 5 | HP: 37/37 NL: 0/37| AC: 17(D:21) Touch: 16(D:20) FF: 15 CMD: 23(D:27)| Fort: 4 Ref: 8 Will: 9 | Initiative: 2 Perception: 14(LL Vision) | CPE:2/2 PS: 4/4 SF: 2/2

Tezuzu will quietly stand in line and hand over his papers when asked. He will keep a single eye on the weird mirror monsters inspecting the papers. Looking for any signs of alarm or suspicion.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

The mirror man that asked the group to wait takes the papers, Quasit's first. Once the merchant has been sent on his way the mirror man examining his paperwork approaches and takes Sakitu's paperwork. Although they ask no questions, they seem to take quite a bit of time. Once Quasit's papers have been reviewed the mirror man returns them and waves her on. On your way.

It immediately turns to Findurel, taking his paperwork You are especially attentive.

Perception>20:
They are gauging each individual response and that of the group.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 6th | HP:53/53 | AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB:7 CMD:22 | Saves F:+6 R:+10 W:+4 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +12| Gravity Bow (x3)

Fin remains calm and gives a friendly smile. ”Yessir, I suppose I am. As a guest here, I want to make sure I follow proper procedure.”


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 5, HP: 63/63, AC: 24, FF: 22, Touch: 12, CMB +9 CMD 21, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5/7, Cold Resistance 2, Initiative +2, Warrior Spirit 2/2

Bulvi gets his papers ready, holding them out for when the mirror man is ready. He doesn't move hastily, the mirror man has many to check and is taking his time on the elf's paperwork at which he isn't surprised by the increased scrutiny.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

The Exchange

Female Human Unchained Rogue/6 |HP:45/45|AC21,F16,T16|F+4,R+10,W+3|Init+6|SPD30|PER +9|ACRO +13|APPRAISE +6|BLUFF +12|CLIMB+5|DIPLO +7|DIS DEV +18|DISG +6|ESC ART +11|INTIM +7|KNOW(dung) +5|KNOW(Local) +5|PERF +6|SENSE MOT +5|SLEIGHT +8|STEALTH +12|SWIM +5|UMD+11
GM Lareg wrote:
B]On your way.[/b]

Quasit nods and moves off a short distance, then turns back to watch and make sure everyone gets past the checkpoint. She looks around to see if any witch muscle (ice trolls, winter wolves, etc) might be around as well... just in case.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Male Tengu Monk 1 / Shaman 5 | HP: 37/37 NL: 0/37| AC: 17(D:21) Touch: 16(D:20) FF: 15 CMD: 23(D:27)| Fort: 4 Ref: 8 Will: 9 | Initiative: 2 Perception: 14(LL Vision) | CPE:2/2 PS: 4/4 SF: 2/2

Tezuzu holds out his papers for inspection once his turn arrives. His mind wondering thinking to himself.

Tezuzu’s internal monologue:
’Well if these papers fail inspection at least I have a good selling point for my own work....I’ve lost too much business to that up-jumped con-man Mortin and his frilly arcane marks.... Now that I have seen them maybe I can work on replicating them....I like lines, so neat and orderly....I wonder if these creatures were once men turned into mirrors? Or mirrors turned into men?....oh right it’s not polite to stare....’

Once he gets closer to a mirror man he will stare at his own reflection briefly in the monsters own face before licking one of his clawed fingers and matting down a few out of place feathers on his head.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

The mirror man nods at Findurêl's reply, reviewing the paperwork. Sakitu's paperwork is reviewed and handed over while Findurel waits. The two mirror men nod wordlessly at one another. The one reviewing Findurel's paperwork motions to him, "If you'll come with me. He keeps the paperwork and walks to the building they had originally be standing outside. The other mirror man takes Tezuzu's paperwork and motions him and the others to follow.

As the intersection bustles with people a line of folk gather around the mirror men. It is difficult for Quasit to see the others near the mirror men who are now surrounded by a growing crowd. Shortly, Tezuzu's paperwork is returned to him without question and sent on his way. Tezuzu is quickly crowded by a press of individuals who are positioning themselves to be seen by the mirror men.

Findurel, Bulvi, & Maka:
After Tezuzu makes his way through the crowd, Bulvi's paperwork is taken next. The two then exchange paperwork, the second now also reviewing Findurel's. Bulvi, like Tezuzu is shortly sent on his way - paperwork returned. Maka's paperwork quickly accepted.

Shortly, Bulvi emerges from this crowd. Leaving Maka and Findurel within the crowd, with the mirror men.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 6th | HP:53/53 | AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB:7 CMD:22 | Saves F:+6 R:+10 W:+4 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +12| Gravity Bow (x3)

Fin calmly awaits the mirror men's scrutiny, doing as they say...

GM: Was he asking Fin to follow him into the building or to the second mirror man that looked at his papers?


Female Aasimar Kineticist 5/UC Monk 1 | HP: 55/55 NL: 5/55 Burn: 1/6 | AC: 24(D:28) Touch: 19(D:23) FF: 19 CMD: 24(D:28)| Fort: 9 Ref: 10 Will: 6 | Resistance - Acid:7, Cold:7, Electric:7, Fire: 2+(2*Burn) | Initiative: 4 Perception: 12(LL Vision, Darkvision 60ft)

Maka will stick close to Fin, not wanting the group to get more separated than they already were. "Maybe now would be a good time for that vanishing trick you do?" She whispered.


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

Findurel and Maka:
The mirror men nod again at one another, returning papers to Findurel and Maka in unison. They do not speak, but rather begin reviewing papers from two others in the increasingly boisterous crowd.

Findurel and Maka appear a few moments later, urged out of the vicinity of the mirror men by the inpatient folk gathering around the two mirror men.

Outside the building. They walked to and requested you to follow up them to the building you initially spotted them outside.

Ringeirr sighs with relief, "Did they say anything to you? He leads the group on as he inquires of Maka and Findurel. Heading to the east he leads the group out of the intersection. Although there is a direct route to the south, it appears to be blocked off. Once to the next intersection, he turns south - following a road parallel to direct southern route from the intersection. The buildings continue to improve in appearance and other than the now steady stream of individuals being checked through by the mirror men, the roads are fairly empty.

Feel free to backtrack for conversation / inquire of Ringeirr. I'll field skill checks as posted, just give me an idea of what you're trying to ascertain.

As the group makes it to the next intersection the road to the southeast also appears to be blocked off. As it is a bit shorter you can make out a gathering of guards at the far end. Ringeirr continues south down the next road. To the right the party passes a complex of ice-paned greenhouses. The surrounding steam and obscured green beyond the opaque panels seems to indicate that both heat and plant life of some kind have been combined somehow.

Ringeirr heads for a small communal bathhouse catering to the well-connected just east of what appears to be a palace of some kind. After a knowing nod to the bathhouse attendant, he leads the group downstairs and into the subterranean service tunnels connecting many of the nearby bathhouses.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 6th | HP:53/53 | AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB:7 CMD:22 | Saves F:+6 R:+10 W:+4 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +12| Gravity Bow (x3)

Fin nods almost imperceptibly to Maka, trying to reassure her. He whispers lightly, "Think they're just testing our reactions...thanks for sticking with me though..."

Once they're back with the others, he shakes his head in answer to Ringeirr's query. "They didn't say much...just followed him to the other fellow and both looked over my papers...I got the feeling they were just trying to shake us up to see how we'd react...where to now?"

Dark Archive

NG Female Kitsune Sorcerer 5 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | hp 35/37 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2 | Percep +2 | CMD 13 | Spells per day used: lvl1 0/8 lvl2 0/5 | Conditions: none

When the mirrorman asks for her papers, Sakitu holds her breath then tries to not hold her breath then holds it again. Before she has a chance to hyperventilate the man waves her on. When clear she whispers to whoever is close. "Whew. That makes me so nervous. You know?"

She follows the group with Ringeirr until they get into the service tunnel. "Do you think we're done with the mirrormen now? I didn't like them."


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 5, HP: 63/63, AC: 24, FF: 22, Touch: 12, CMB +9 CMD 21, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5/7, Cold Resistance 2, Initiative +2, Warrior Spirit 2/2

"They're unsettling to say the least." Now that they were alone in the tunnels Bulvi takes out his papers, folding and unfolding them a few times. "I got thinking if we're having to wave these around so much it might be good to have them look a look a little more used."


Male Tengu Monk 1 / Shaman 5 | HP: 37/37 NL: 0/37| AC: 17(D:21) Touch: 16(D:20) FF: 15 CMD: 23(D:27)| Fort: 4 Ref: 8 Will: 9 | Initiative: 2 Perception: 14(LL Vision) | CPE:2/2 PS: 4/4 SF: 2/2

Tezuzu will obsessively brush his robes after being subjected to the crowd at the checkpoint ”I hate crowds” he mutters.

As both Fin and Maka make it through he will muse happily ”I guess that up-jumped con-man Mortin was not lying. His work is serviceable I guess.”

—————

Tezuzu will scratch his beak when the mirror men are mentioned and says ”They were unsettling, yes I agree, I would like to know more about them though.”

Looking around at the area Ringeirr takes them and chimes in ”The gardens and the baths? Your friends have some fancy tastes. Nice part of town all things considered.”


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

Earlier..
Ringeirr nods at Findurel's reply, You're probably right. Seemed to work out ok.

In the tunnels..
As Ringeirr rounds a corner he seems to have reached a dead end. A spot where heat and moisture have made a good spot for a patch of vines to take root. After moving a few of the vines aside, he pushes a stone, revealing a hidden door. He silently motions to the group to follow and remains quiet until everyone has entered and he has closed the door.

Knowledge (religion)>10:
You notice a seal on one of the walls honoring Milani.


Female Aasimar Kineticist 5/UC Monk 1 | HP: 55/55 NL: 5/55 Burn: 1/6 | AC: 24(D:28) Touch: 19(D:23) FF: 19 CMD: 24(D:28)| Fort: 9 Ref: 10 Will: 6 | Resistance - Acid:7, Cold:7, Electric:7, Fire: 2+(2*Burn) | Initiative: 4 Perception: 12(LL Vision, Darkvision 60ft)
Findurêl wrote:
Fin nods almost imperceptibly to Maka, trying to reassure her. He whispers lightly, "Think they're just testing our reactions...thanks for sticking with me though..."

Maka gave Fin a toothy grin. "Of course, friends have to stick together right?"

-----------

As the group passed the greenhouses, Maka pointed at them in excitement. Being both the first greenhouse she'd seen and the first real green in weeks. "Are those houses for plants!? I guess you have to have with all the snow?"

-----------

Maka grew more excited as the group entered the bathhouses, beginning to disrobe as they entered. Her excitement grew to disappointment as Ringeirr continued down to the tunnels. "Oh..." The half naked Maka muttered as she began to put her clothes back on and followed.


Male Tengu Monk 1 / Shaman 5 | HP: 37/37 NL: 0/37| AC: 17(D:21) Touch: 16(D:20) FF: 15 CMD: 23(D:27)| Fort: 4 Ref: 8 Will: 9 | Initiative: 2 Perception: 14(LL Vision) | CPE:2/2 PS: 4/4 SF: 2/2

Tezuzu shakes his head ”Maka, please, there are ladies present. Behave yourself.”

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

He places his hand on the religious iconography before cooing ”Oooooohh, Ringeirr your friends are a rowdy bunch, huh?”


Female Aasimar Kineticist 5/UC Monk 1 | HP: 55/55 NL: 5/55 Burn: 1/6 | AC: 24(D:28) Touch: 19(D:23) FF: 19 CMD: 24(D:28)| Fort: 9 Ref: 10 Will: 6 | Resistance - Acid:7, Cold:7, Electric:7, Fire: 2+(2*Burn) | Initiative: 4 Perception: 12(LL Vision, Darkvision 60ft)
Tezuzu Curseclaw wrote:

Tezuzu shakes his head ”Maka, please, there are ladies present. Behave yourself.”

"Oh right, I'm sorry." Maka gave Quasit and Sakitu an apologetic if slightly confused face as she put her cold weather gear back on.

The Exchange

Female Human Unchained Rogue/6 |HP:45/45|AC21,F16,T16|F+4,R+10,W+3|Init+6|SPD30|PER +9|ACRO +13|APPRAISE +6|BLUFF +12|CLIMB+5|DIPLO +7|DIS DEV +18|DISG +6|ESC ART +11|INTIM +7|KNOW(dung) +5|KNOW(Local) +5|PERF +6|SENSE MOT +5|SLEIGHT +8|STEALTH +12|SWIM +5|UMD+11

"Don't mind me. I'm no lady." quips Quasit. She has visibly relaxed since getting off the street, and looks curiously around at the greenhouse plants and then at the tunnels.

"I suppose winter witches probably aren't big on plants." she observes. "It's nice to smell flowers again. I hadn't realized how much I'd missed that."

Then she drops back and engages Bulvi in private conversation.

Bulvi:

"So? You and Maka?" she asks with a knowing smirk. "Is it serious?"


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

Ringeirr smiles at Tezuzu's comment as he leads the party into the underground area.

A tall, fit woman walks purposefully from one of the several rooms. She takes the company in with her bright blue eyes. She smiles as she brushes honey blonde hair from the side of her face. Her fair skin is a bit flush from whatever she was attending to moments ago. "I do hope you've brought help Ringeirr.

Ringeirr nods, I believe I may have. He gestures to the group, Solveig, this group of travelers may share a mutual interests. She nods, stepping forward.

I am Solveig Ayrdahl, a cleric of Milani who oversees individuals of mutual interests in addressing the current power structure in the region. The glimmer in her eye not so subtly lets you know she has much more to say on these matters. Make your selves comfortable. And as you feel ready, tell me what you will of your journey and your interests. Perhaps we will be able to support one another.

She gives the group a brief tour of the underground area, explaining it lies beneath the Hidden Gardens, heated by the hot springs of the Floes. It isn't very large, but there are living quarters for up to a dozen people. Only two of the living quarters are currently occupied.

Selena:
Solveig Ayrdahl was speaking with you moments ago before the party arrived. She was excitedly sharing her hopes surrounding a recent agreement she has reached with additional resistance in Winterthrone. You hear her addressing new comers and can easily stand to see who has come into the area.

EDIT: Updated maps. Includes a partial map of Winterthrone, the area that you all have traveled through. Travel map will be where I put combat map updates. Nothing new there beyond renaming just 'Travel' now that you are out of the Howlings.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 6th | HP:53/53 | AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB:7 CMD:22 | Saves F:+6 R:+10 W:+4 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +12| Gravity Bow (x3)

Bringing up the rear, Fin hides a grin as Maka starts to disrobe...but, recalling the relaxing bath back at the monks' dwelling, he nods, thinking Aye, another bath would suit me as well...

Upon hearing Solveig mention the hot springs, Fin gives Maka a nudge, saying, "Sounds like we'll have another hot bath soon..."

3,701 to 3,750 of 4,307 << first < prev | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Adventure Path Reign of Winter All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.