Adventure Path Reign of Winter

Game Master Lareg

Maps
Winterthrone
Howlings travel


3,301 to 3,350 of 3,750 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Female Human Unchained Rogue/5 |HP:38/38|AC18,F13,T15|F+2,R+8,W+1|Init+6|SPD30|PER +8|ACRO +12|APPRAISE +6|BLUFF +11|CLIMB+5|DIPLO +7|DIS DEV +15|DISG +6|ESC ART +10|INTIM +6|KNOW(dung) +5|KNOW(Local) +5|PERF +6|SENSE MOT +4|SLEIGHT +8|STEALTH +11|SWIM +5|UMD+10
GM Lareg wrote:

Ringeirr moans aloud, "What happened?"

"One of those guys sitting by that campfire came over and clobbered you with a chunk of firewood. I'll bet you a button it was more of that lout tax collector's gang, looking for some payback. You sure are a popular guy."

Dark Archive

NG Female Kitsune Sorcerer 5 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 12, T 12, FF 10 | hp 37/37 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2 | Percep +2 | CMD 13 | Spells per day used: lvl1 0/8 lvl2 0/5 | Conditions: none

Sakitu moves directly towards one of the thugs. She pulls out her shortbow as she moves and puts an arrow to the string. As soon as it is taut she let's it go. "You! Stop that." Her fierce blue eyes look somehow out of place and intimidating at the same time.

shortbow@1, PBS: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21
damage,PBS: 1d6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 + 1 = 3


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 5, HP: 48/53, AC: 21, FF: 19, Touch: 12, CMB +8, CMD 30, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4, Cold Resistance 2, Initiative +2, Warrior Spirit 2/2

Bulvi circled around the smoke to where Sakitu stood.


Female Aasimar Kineticist 4/UC Monk 1 | HP: 45/45 NL: 0/45 Burn: 0/6 | AC: 19(D:23) Touch: 18(D:22) FF: 14 CMD: 23(D:27)| Fort: 8 Ref: 9 Will: 5 | Resistance - Acid:7, Cold:7, Electric:7, Fire: 2+(2*Burn) | Initiative: 4 Perception: 11(LL Vision, Darkvision 60ft)

Maka began to move to the other side of the smoke, fire engulfed her fists as she maintained a readied stance. "Stop hiding and fight! You started it." She growled.

Move action, Readied action to attack with fireblast if I get a shot at one of them.

Readied Action Fire Blast vs Touch AC; Defensive, Elemental Overflow: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 2 + 1 = 20
Fire; Elemental Overflow: 2d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 + 2 = 9

The Exchange

Female Human Unchained Rogue/5 |HP:38/38|AC18,F13,T15|F+2,R+8,W+1|Init+6|SPD30|PER +8|ACRO +12|APPRAISE +6|BLUFF +11|CLIMB+5|DIPLO +7|DIS DEV +15|DISG +6|ESC ART +10|INTIM +6|KNOW(dung) +5|KNOW(Local) +5|PERF +6|SENSE MOT +4|SLEIGHT +8|STEALTH +11|SWIM +5|UMD+10

"Stay here..." whispers Quasit to Ringeirr. Then she pulls out her sword and moves quietly into the fog. Hunting.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Gonna try and find a guy in the smoke to stab. Or at least flush them out. I'll post an attack action in case I get lucky and bump into one with a standard action still available.

Attack, if needed:

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Concealment Miss Chance (high is good for me): 1d100 ⇒ 86

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 5th | HP:44/44| AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB:6 CMD:21 | Saves F:+5 R:+9 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +11|

Fin moves 10’ south and fires an arrow at the spot where he last saw the dude by the fire...

Longbow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 29
Concealment Miss<=50: 1d100 ⇒ 85
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 + 4 = 11


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

Sakitu fires, easily hitting one of the men. Closer now, you can tell that the two individuals are men, two malnourished men. Moving carefully through the smoke Quasit encounters one of the men who is laying motionless in the smoke, burnt with an arrow sticking out of him. Maka remains ready, but sees nothing while hearing the sounds within the clouds of smoke. Fin completes the trio of attacks with another hit. From the center of the well two patches of smoke rise. Meanwhile, the smoke near the cart and from the fire ceases spreading.

Sakitu is up for round two. Then Maka, Findurel, and Bulvi are up for round 3. Map is updated.

Init roll:
Quasit, Init 22
Maka, Init 18
Findurel, Init 15
Bulvi, Init 13
NPC 1, Init 10 (+3)
Sakitu, Init 10 (+2)
NPC 2, Init 8

GM:
B3&4, init 12; B5&6, init 9

The Exchange

Female Human Unchained Rogue/5 |HP:38/38|AC18,F13,T15|F+2,R+8,W+1|Init+6|SPD30|PER +8|ACRO +12|APPRAISE +6|BLUFF +11|CLIMB+5|DIPLO +7|DIS DEV +15|DISG +6|ESC ART +10|INTIM +6|KNOW(dung) +5|KNOW(Local) +5|PERF +6|SENSE MOT +4|SLEIGHT +8|STEALTH +11|SWIM +5|UMD+10

Quasit crouches low as she examines the fallen man. Her heart sinks a little as she looks over the sad condition he appears to be in.

"Guys! I think they're just poor and hungry!" she calls out to the smoke around her.

She coughs a few times from the smoke and checks the man for a pulse while applying pressure to the wound...

Heal check to stabilize, if possible: 1d20 ⇒ 14


Female Aasimar Kineticist 4/UC Monk 1 | HP: 45/45 NL: 0/45 Burn: 0/6 | AC: 19(D:23) Touch: 18(D:22) FF: 14 CMD: 23(D:27)| Fort: 8 Ref: 9 Will: 5 | Resistance - Acid:7, Cold:7, Electric:7, Fire: 2+(2*Burn) | Initiative: 4 Perception: 11(LL Vision, Darkvision 60ft)

"That doesn't make any sense, if they were poor and hungry they would have just asked for help. It's probably a trick!" Maka called back to Quasit.

The Exchange

Female Human Unchained Rogue/5 |HP:38/38|AC18,F13,T15|F+2,R+8,W+1|Init+6|SPD30|PER +8|ACRO +12|APPRAISE +6|BLUFF +11|CLIMB+5|DIPLO +7|DIS DEV +15|DISG +6|ESC ART +10|INTIM +6|KNOW(dung) +5|KNOW(Local) +5|PERF +6|SENSE MOT +4|SLEIGHT +8|STEALTH +11|SWIM +5|UMD+10

Shrouded in the fog of smoke, Quasit just shakes her head at this and grimaces a little.


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

Quasit easily stabilizes the man.

Dark Archive

NG Female Kitsune Sorcerer 5 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 12, T 12, FF 10 | hp 37/37 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2 | Percep +2 | CMD 13 | Spells per day used: lvl1 0/8 lvl2 0/5 | Conditions: none

Sakitu's ear perk up at Quasit's comment. "Really?" She hollers into the smoke. "Ok guys. Is that it? Are you just hungry? We are trying to help with that." Sakitu loads another arrow on her bow and keeps an eye out in case one of the attackers makes an aggressive move.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Female Aasimar Kineticist 4/UC Monk 1 | HP: 45/45 NL: 0/45 Burn: 0/6 | AC: 19(D:23) Touch: 18(D:22) FF: 14 CMD: 23(D:27)| Fort: 8 Ref: 9 Will: 5 | Resistance - Acid:7, Cold:7, Electric:7, Fire: 2+(2*Burn) | Initiative: 4 Perception: 11(LL Vision, Darkvision 60ft)

Growing impatient with waiting and still suspicious of tricks, Maka took a guarded stance and entered the smoke.

Standard Action Total Defense, Move action to move through the smoke, going underneath the fire.

Total Defense:
AC: 25 Touch: 24 FF: 14 CMD: 29


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

There is loud voice from the new smoke surrounding the well. "Don't any of you say anything! We do what we came to do." Ringeirr speaks just loudly enough so the party can hear him. "I know the men that were by the fire. They aren't bad men."

Maka and Quasit:
The two of you make out a whisper, "He'll kill us if we don't bring the fish. We'll die if we don't eat soon. Everyone will."


Female Aasimar Kineticist 4/UC Monk 1 | HP: 45/45 NL: 0/45 Burn: 0/6 | AC: 19(D:23) Touch: 18(D:22) FF: 14 CMD: 23(D:27)| Fort: 8 Ref: 9 Will: 5 | Resistance - Acid:7, Cold:7, Electric:7, Fire: 2+(2*Burn) | Initiative: 4 Perception: 11(LL Vision, Darkvision 60ft)
Quote:
The two of you make out a whisper, "He'll kill us if we don't bring the fish. We'll die if we don't eat soon. Everyone will."

"WHAT!? You're actually hungry? Sabhee bevakoophee bharee baaton ka! Well why did you attack, you could have just asked for some fish!?" Maka growled angrily at the whispered revelation. "Quasit I'm sorry for not believing you."

The Exchange

Female Human Unchained Rogue/5 |HP:38/38|AC18,F13,T15|F+2,R+8,W+1|Init+6|SPD30|PER +8|ACRO +12|APPRAISE +6|BLUFF +11|CLIMB+5|DIPLO +7|DIS DEV +15|DISG +6|ESC ART +10|INTIM +6|KNOW(dung) +5|KNOW(Local) +5|PERF +6|SENSE MOT +4|SLEIGHT +8|STEALTH +11|SWIM +5|UMD+10

Quasit nods. "We'll get you some food. But it sounds like your 'friend' might need to learn a lesson." she murmurs back to the whisperer. "Just hold back and let us handle this."

She then stands and begins to circle the pond to the south. She pats Maka's arm as she goes past and gestures with her head for the monk to come along.

Double move

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 5th | HP:44/44| AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB:6 CMD:21 | Saves F:+5 R:+9 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +11|

Fin yells out, "Throw down your arms and we will feed and help you...continue to fight us and many of you will die..."

The Elf keeps an alert eye open and will only fire if he or one of his friends is attacked...

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Readied Action if attacked:
Longbow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 28
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 + 4 = 10


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 5, HP: 48/53, AC: 21, FF: 19, Touch: 12, CMB +8, CMD 30, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4, Cold Resistance 2, Initiative +2, Warrior Spirit 2/2

Bulvi moves between Sakitu and the oncoming smoke.

Five foot step and total defence. AC25


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

"Sure you will. You'll make sure our stomachs are full of steel." The same voice yells through the smoke near the well.

Sakitu is up from round three. Perception rolls please.

Perception>20:
You notice an animal approaching the well on all fours from the rear.

Init roll:

Quasit, Init 22
Maka, Init 18
Findurel, Init 15
Bulvi, Init 13
NPC 1, Init 10 (+3)
Sakitu, Init 10 (+2)
NPC 2, Init 8

GM:
B3&4, init 12; B5&6, init 9

The Exchange

Female Human Unchained Rogue/5 |HP:38/38|AC18,F13,T15|F+2,R+8,W+1|Init+6|SPD30|PER +8|ACRO +12|APPRAISE +6|BLUFF +11|CLIMB+5|DIPLO +7|DIS DEV +15|DISG +6|ESC ART +10|INTIM +6|KNOW(dung) +5|KNOW(Local) +5|PERF +6|SENSE MOT +4|SLEIGHT +8|STEALTH +11|SWIM +5|UMD+10

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Dark Archive

NG Female Kitsune Sorcerer 5 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 12, T 12, FF 10 | hp 37/37 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2 | Percep +2 | CMD 13 | Spells per day used: lvl1 0/8 lvl2 0/5 | Conditions: none

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Sakitu strains to hear sounds from within the smoke. She tried to discern movement but can't notice anything.

"Why would we fill your stomach's with steel? We want to resolve things peacefully, if we can."

Should I try another Diplomacy roll? I didn't see any response to my first one. Since this is PbP and I don't want the delay, I'll roll one in a spoiler to be used or not, at the GM's discretion.

Diplomacy roll:

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 5th | HP:44/44| AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB:6 CMD:21 | Saves F:+5 R:+9 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +11|

Answering the man's retort, Fin yells back, "Since you're the only one here wanting to continue the fight, perhaps we should just kill you..."

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Is the Perception DC greater than 20 or 20+?


Female Aasimar Kineticist 4/UC Monk 1 | HP: 45/45 NL: 0/45 Burn: 0/6 | AC: 19(D:23) Touch: 18(D:22) FF: 14 CMD: 23(D:27)| Fort: 8 Ref: 9 Will: 5 | Resistance - Acid:7, Cold:7, Electric:7, Fire: 2+(2*Burn) | Initiative: 4 Perception: 11(LL Vision, Darkvision 60ft)

Perception; LL Vision, Darkvision 60ft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Maka followed Quasit out of the smoke. As she exited, she saw what appeared to be an animal approaching the well. "Is this your fault!?" Maka accused while pointing at the creature.

The Exchange

Female Human Unchained Rogue/5 |HP:38/38|AC18,F13,T15|F+2,R+8,W+1|Init+6|SPD30|PER +8|ACRO +12|APPRAISE +6|BLUFF +11|CLIMB+5|DIPLO +7|DIS DEV +15|DISG +6|ESC ART +10|INTIM +6|KNOW(dung) +5|KNOW(Local) +5|PERF +6|SENSE MOT +4|SLEIGHT +8|STEALTH +11|SWIM +5|UMD+10

"What is it? You see him?" hisses Quasit to Maka as she lopes toward the well.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 5, HP: 48/53, AC: 21, FF: 19, Touch: 12, CMB +8, CMD 30, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4, Cold Resistance 2, Initiative +2, Warrior Spirit 2/2

"There is a creature there on all fours, possibly a wolf but it is hard to make out."

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

"Even if you wouldn't, he will if we don't come back with something." The same voice yells from beyond the smoke. He clearly believes what he is hearing, but fear of something or someone else is forcing his hand.

Alerted to the approach of something else the party has only unknowns in front of them. The beggar that is still alert enough to respond nearby has surrendered his club. The other is stable, but unable to respond.

Maka, Findurel, and Bulvi are up for round 4. Map in process. Animal is near bottom right edge, south east of well.

Init roll:
Quasit, Init 22
Maka, Init 18
Findurel, Init 15
Bulvi, Init 13
--NPC 1, Init 10 (+3)
Sakitu, Init 10 (+2)
--NPC 2, Init 8

Sakitu, no worries. This one is on me. Roll whenever you like. I tend to let the diplomacy rolls shape NPC response, but can work on providing some description of tone to give you a sense of results.

GM:
B3&4, init 12; B5&6, init 9

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 5th | HP:44/44| AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB:6 CMD:21 | Saves F:+5 R:+9 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +11|

Fin double moves, covering Quasit and Maka as he does so...


Female Aasimar Kineticist 4/UC Monk 1 | HP: 45/45 NL: 0/45 Burn: 0/6 | AC: 19(D:23) Touch: 18(D:22) FF: 14 CMD: 23(D:27)| Fort: 8 Ref: 9 Will: 5 | Resistance - Acid:7, Cold:7, Electric:7, Fire: 2+(2*Burn) | Initiative: 4 Perception: 11(LL Vision, Darkvision 60ft)

Maka moved towards the animal while keeping a defensive pose.

Move action forward, standard action total defense.

Total Defense:
AC: 25 Touch: 24 FF: 14 CMD: 29

The Exchange

Female Human Unchained Rogue/5 |HP:38/38|AC18,F13,T15|F+2,R+8,W+1|Init+6|SPD30|PER +8|ACRO +12|APPRAISE +6|BLUFF +11|CLIMB+5|DIPLO +7|DIS DEV +15|DISG +6|ESC ART +10|INTIM +6|KNOW(dung) +5|KNOW(Local) +5|PERF +6|SENSE MOT +4|SLEIGHT +8|STEALTH +11|SWIM +5|UMD+10

Quasit moves quickly up to one of the larger trees and then crouches down among its broad base and roots. From there, she tries to get a better look at the animal, and also tries to spot anyone in the smoke cloud by the well.

Move to Tree 3 and Stealth

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

The smoke around the well grows as the smoke near the fire begins to dissipate.

Quasit:
From your position you can make out the rear of the well. You can see signs that an individual or individuals were behind the well. There is no one there now. You can also see that the well is iced over a few feet below its top edge. The ice looks like it has been recently tracked upon. The animal you can tell is a wolf. It's coloring matches that of a winter wolf, but it looks slightly smaller than you'd expect. It has clearly caught your sent, but is still very much focused on the well rather than tracking your sent.

Consider the area around the fire as low light. Map updated. Sorry I missed you Quasit in the round action updates. You caught it and correctly took action.

Round 4: Bulvi up and now also Sakitu.

Init roll:
Quasit, Init 22
Maka, Init 18
Findurel, Init 15
Bulvi, Init 13
--NPC 1, Init 10 (+3)
Sakitu, Init 10 (+2)
--NPC 2, Init 8/

GM:
B3&4, init 12; B5&6, init 9


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 5, HP: 48/53, AC: 21, FF: 19, Touch: 12, CMB +8, CMD 30, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4, Cold Resistance 2, Initiative +2, Warrior Spirit 2/2

"Don't get caught by yourself, come with me." Bulvi says to Sakitu before moving to regroup with the others.

Dark Archive

NG Female Kitsune Sorcerer 5 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 12, T 12, FF 10 | hp 37/37 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2 | Percep +2 | CMD 13 | Spells per day used: lvl1 0/8 lvl2 0/5 | Conditions: none

Sakitu peers into the smoke with squinted eyes. "I can't see anything." Seeing Bulvi move away, she agrees with his advice and follows. "Wait for me."


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

The animal continues to close from the southeast heading toward the rear of the well.

Round 5: Quasit, Maka, Findurel, & Bulvi are up.

Map updated with animal positioning.

Init roll:
Quasit, Init 22
Maka, Init 18
Findurel, Init 15
Bulvi, Init 13
--NPC 1, Init 10 (+3)
Sakitu, Init 10 (+2)
--NPC 2, Init 8/

GM:
B3&4, init 12; B5&6, init 9

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 5th | HP:44/44| AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB:6 CMD:21 | Saves F:+5 R:+9 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +11|

Fin will make another double move to get to the other side of tree from Quasit...


Female Aasimar Kineticist 4/UC Monk 1 | HP: 45/45 NL: 0/45 Burn: 0/6 | AC: 19(D:23) Touch: 18(D:22) FF: 14 CMD: 23(D:27)| Fort: 8 Ref: 9 Will: 5 | Resistance - Acid:7, Cold:7, Electric:7, Fire: 2+(2*Burn) | Initiative: 4 Perception: 11(LL Vision, Darkvision 60ft)

Maka continued forward while keeping a defensive stance. "Quasit, what should I do?" Maka loudly whispered as she came to a stop near her friend.

Move action forward, standard action total defense.

Total Defense:

AC: 25 Touch: 24 FF: 14 CMD: 29


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 5, HP: 48/53, AC: 21, FF: 19, Touch: 12, CMB +8, CMD 30, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4, Cold Resistance 2, Initiative +2, Warrior Spirit 2/2

Bulvi slowed his pace a little, turning his head to make sure Sakitu was alright.

The Exchange

Female Human Unchained Rogue/5 |HP:38/38|AC18,F13,T15|F+2,R+8,W+1|Init+6|SPD30|PER +8|ACRO +12|APPRAISE +6|BLUFF +11|CLIMB+5|DIPLO +7|DIS DEV +15|DISG +6|ESC ART +10|INTIM +6|KNOW(dung) +5|KNOW(Local) +5|PERF +6|SENSE MOT +4|SLEIGHT +8|STEALTH +11|SWIM +5|UMD+10

"Beats me." says Quasit in a hushed voice from among the stumps. "That looks like another one of those winter wolves. But it seems like its after the guys who jumped us. But you can bet that wolf knows we're here and will report us if it can... so I guess we have to take it out?"

The young woman looks like she'd rather stay hidden and let the gods sort things out. She flips her sword in her hand deftly a few times and takes a deep breath. "All right... we know those things don't like fire. Blast that wolf. And then when it runs up at you, I'll slip around and stick it in the doggie goodies."

Delay


Female Aasimar Kineticist 4/UC Monk 1 | HP: 45/45 NL: 0/45 Burn: 0/6 | AC: 19(D:23) Touch: 18(D:22) FF: 14 CMD: 23(D:27)| Fort: 8 Ref: 9 Will: 5 | Resistance - Acid:7, Cold:7, Electric:7, Fire: 2+(2*Burn) | Initiative: 4 Perception: 11(LL Vision, Darkvision 60ft)

"Alright, everyone that is just hungry and wants some food stand down and we'll help you. Anyone else is a jerk and will get blasted with fire, and that goes for you too wolf!"

Total Defense:
AC: 25 Touch: 24 FF: 14 CMD: 29


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

No sign of action comes from within the smoke.

Round 5: Sakitu is up.

Init roll:
Quasit, Init 22
Maka, Init 18
Findurel, Init 15
Bulvi, Init 13
--NPC 1, Init 10 (+3)
Sakitu, Init 10 (+2)
--NPC 2, Init 8

GM:
B3&4, init 12; B5&6, init 9

Dark Archive

NG Female Kitsune Sorcerer 5 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 12, T 12, FF 10 | hp 37/37 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | Init +2 | Percep +2 | CMD 13 | Spells per day used: lvl1 0/8 lvl2 0/5 | Conditions: none

Sakitu keeps moving to stay up with Bulvi. She keeps a wary out out, ready to respond to any danger.


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

The animal, which all can tell now is a wolf stops behind about twenty feet behind the well and changes form into that of an unarmored man. He wears simple clothing, no apparent armor, and a pelt of fur on his back. After he stops another cloud forms around the well. You can hear the sound of men retching within the cloud. The man speaks.

"The four of you would feel much better if you dropped your weapons and came out of the well where you can be seen."

Round 6: Quasit, Maka, Findurel, & Bulvi are up

The Exchange

Female Human Unchained Rogue/5 |HP:38/38|AC18,F13,T15|F+2,R+8,W+1|Init+6|SPD30|PER +8|ACRO +12|APPRAISE +6|BLUFF +11|CLIMB+5|DIPLO +7|DIS DEV +15|DISG +6|ESC ART +10|INTIM +6|KNOW(dung) +5|KNOW(Local) +5|PERF +6|SENSE MOT +4|SLEIGHT +8|STEALTH +11|SWIM +5|UMD+10

"I'm so confused right now..." says Quasit. "I mean... that's a winter wolf, right? But it's totally ignoring us and going for the bums with sticks. Who are hiding in the well? Must be crowded in there."

She chews her lip uncertainly. "I could activate my wolf pelt. Go talk to that joker like I'm one of his kind. Nah, that won't work, he's seen us running around with weapons and armor..."

Delay some more. I really don't know what to do here.


Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter 5, HP: 48/53, AC: 21, FF: 19, Touch: 12, CMB +8, CMD 30, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4, Cold Resistance 2, Initiative +2, Warrior Spirit 2/2

Bulvi moves forward but mindful of the smoke expanding he doesn't move too far from the group giving a healthy distance in case the fog spread out but being in a position to defend the others should something come out.


Female Aasimar Kineticist 4/UC Monk 1 | HP: 45/45 NL: 0/45 Burn: 0/6 | AC: 19(D:23) Touch: 18(D:22) FF: 14 CMD: 23(D:27)| Fort: 8 Ref: 9 Will: 5 | Resistance - Acid:7, Cold:7, Electric:7, Fire: 2+(2*Burn) | Initiative: 4 Perception: 11(LL Vision, Darkvision 60ft)

Maka approached the well and the wolf with caution and confusion. "Okay, are we ready to eat and talk about what was going on? Because I'm hungry and confused."

Move action, Standard Action total defense.

Total Defense:
AC: 25 Touch: 24 FF: 14 CMD: 29

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 5th | HP:44/44| AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB:6 CMD:21 | Saves F:+5 R:+9 W:+2 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +11|

Fin shrugs and delays as well...he watches to see what develops with bow ready to fire, if needed...


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

Four men emerge from the smoke surrounding the well as the smoke by the cart and fire dissipate. Three of the four throw their clubs to the ground before emerging from the smoke (3, 4, & 6). The fourth man clearly intends to attack the unknown man who had was a wolf just a short time ago.

Map updated. Various delayed actions at play here so feel free to describe how and when you respond.

The Exchange

Female Human Unchained Rogue/5 |HP:38/38|AC18,F13,T15|F+2,R+8,W+1|Init+6|SPD30|PER +8|ACRO +12|APPRAISE +6|BLUFF +11|CLIMB+5|DIPLO +7|DIS DEV +15|DISG +6|ESC ART +10|INTIM +6|KNOW(dung) +5|KNOW(Local) +5|PERF +6|SENSE MOT +4|SLEIGHT +8|STEALTH +11|SWIM +5|UMD+10

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Does Quasit recognize the #5 man about to fight the wolf-man? Is he the guy we fought with the ogres who held Ringeirr captive yesterday?


Female Aasimar Kineticist 4/UC Monk 1 | HP: 45/45 NL: 0/45 Burn: 0/6 | AC: 19(D:23) Touch: 18(D:22) FF: 14 CMD: 23(D:27)| Fort: 8 Ref: 9 Will: 5 | Resistance - Acid:7, Cold:7, Electric:7, Fire: 2+(2*Burn) | Initiative: 4 Perception: 11(LL Vision, Darkvision 60ft)

Maka gives a wide, toothy grin to the men who threw their clubs on the ground before growling at the one still intent on attacking.


Maps: Winterthrone -Travel

The men stumble, retching from presence of the recently arrived cloud. Slightly concerned looks from the ones that can see Maka. The aggressive man seems intently focused the man / wolf.

Quasit or perception >19:
You do not recognize this man. Further, you suspect that he is making use of the pelt he wears to seem as a winter wolf.

Additional delayed actions...

The Exchange

Female Human Unchained Rogue/5 |HP:38/38|AC18,F13,T15|F+2,R+8,W+1|Init+6|SPD30|PER +8|ACRO +12|APPRAISE +6|BLUFF +11|CLIMB+5|DIPLO +7|DIS DEV +15|DISG +6|ESC ART +10|INTIM +6|KNOW(dung) +5|KNOW(Local) +5|PERF +6|SENSE MOT +4|SLEIGHT +8|STEALTH +11|SWIM +5|UMD+10

After watching things play out for a while, Quasit decides to do what she normally does in situations like this: jump in blindly with both feet and bluff her way through.

She stands up as tall as she can, sheathes her sword, adjusts the magical wolf pelt prominently on her shoulders much like the wolf/man has done, then strides out into the open.

"Maka, that's enough, I'll take care of this." she says in a commanding voice. She directs a withering glare at the rest of her party, directing a wink back toward Bulvi. Then she addresses the wolf/man.

"It appears some of your men attacked some of my men. My name is Nadya. Do you need help subduing this fellow? Or shall we just arrange for the sale of some fish and send them on their way with you? I'm sure you'd rather handle this without involving anyone... higher up?"

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

This is probably stupid, but at least we might learn who we're dealing with.

3,301 to 3,350 of 3,750 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Adventure Path Reign of Winter All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.