A River Into Darkness - GM Justaworm

Game Master justaworm

“Anything can happen on the Blood“

Current Date: Erastus (aka July) 16th [Day 6]

Campaign shared space on Google Drive.
Loot Sheet

Current Reference Posts:
Notable things along the Vanji
Ship and Crew introductions
New Ship Battlemat
Captain's Map - Region Overview Map with boat location
Whitebridge Station Map

Selena Shadethorn, Female Fetchling Bard 2 / Rogue 2
Shwarto, Male Wayang Rogue 1/ Wizard 3 (with Twikli)
Stígandrr, Male Human Unchained Monk 4
Waseem Hunter, Male Catfolk Summoner 4 (with Jaqu)
Shakaro Jun, Male Nagaji Oracle 4

River Queen Crew:
Captain Esteban
Faruq (first mate, half-orc)
Hurg (engineer, dwarf)
Sperrago, Houghman "Mannie", Danner (crew, human)


1 to 50 of 567 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Hello everyone, feel free to dot in.


Cheers.

Scarab Sages

Male Wayang Rogue 1/Wizard 3 | HP 16/26 AC 19 | Init +5 | Per +12 (+13 vs traps) | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +3 | Twikli HP 13/13 -1 non lethal, fatigued, -1 use shadow seeker

Dotting in

Dark Archive

Setting Introduction:
Bloodcove: the last port of call on the Fever Sea. This strange city is part pirate haven and part merchant bazaar. Its ramshackle buildings rest upon the twisting, interwoven roots of a colossal mangrove tree, a fitting metaphor for the complex web of promise, deceit, treachery, and alliances that defines the remote trading colony. The hard-won bounty of the Mwangi Expanse flows through Bloodcove to other ports around the entire world. Obtaining these exotic riches from the deadly wilderness is the easy part - the real difficulty is hanging on to the treasure long enough to see it safely delivered to the next merchant.

Campaign shared space on Google Drive.

Bloodcove Map
Pathfinder Chapter House location is not common knowledge to anyone except a Pathfinder member. Though many suspect its existence somewhere in Bloodcove.

Bloodcove Art Map
From Heart of the Jungle - I've drawn heavily from this as well. It is a great jungle adventure reference, but please don't act on stuff you character wouldn't know at first.

General Knowledge about Bloodcove (no checks required)

Bloodcove Overview:
Bloodcove is one of the more notable settlements of the known Mwangi Expanse, not because of population but more of reputation and by its port status, a natural interface to both the greater Inner Sea and also the dark interior. Officially, Bloodcove takes its name from the iron-rich waters that spill out of the Vanji River, staining the waters red. Unofficially, everyone knows that the name really refers to what the settlement’s wealth is built on — blood. Within Bloodcove’s twisting boardwalks, rafts, and stilt-houses, all resting on the intertwined roots of massive mangrove trees, the civilized world has come to the Expanse, with all the joy and suffering that entails.
---

Government:
The Grand Admiral of the Fever Sea, Harthwik Barzoni, styles himself the official ruler of Bloodcove, though the Grand Admiral position appears to be that of an official elected for life by the scions of the original pirate founders. In truth, while this is an elected position, most peoeple are not foolish enough to dismiss the power that the trade consortiums hold in the decision of a new Grand Admiral and what power they would have. Barzoni maintains the Bloodcove militia and ensures that the periodic violence that sweeps the settlement does not disrupt trade. In return, all businesses and permanent residents of the cove pay Barzoni a small monthly fee to help “maintain order”—and his position.
---

People:
The population of Bloodcove is surprisingly diverse for such an isolated community. Non-humans make up more than a fifth of Bloodcove's inhabitants. Over half the human population of Bloodcove is of the Mwangi ethnicity. Many come from deeper within the Mwangi Expanse to trade with the outside world, many are just run-of-the-mill pirates.

The rest of the human population is made up of various ethnicities most of whom have come to Bloodcove looking to make their fortunes of the rich bounties of the Mwangi Expanse. There are racial tensions between the various ethnicities within Bloodcove but these tensions rarely turn violent.
---

Trade Consortiums:
Though Bloodcove has its share of unaffiliated merchants and pirates, the amount of wealth flowing through it is due mainly to the presence of the Aspis Consortium. Agents of the Aspis Consortium are in every shadow in Bloodcove— as well as preen in every spotlight— and they manipulate trade, orchestrate raids, and keep a close eye on anyone who might affect the bottom line.

In Bloodcove, business is everything, and while the enmity of an Aspis Consortium agent or affiliate might not be personal, it’s still exceedingly dangerous. Though most traders understand that for better or worse, Bloodcove is the best trade nexus in the Expanse, of late several new and independent settlements, such as Freestation farther east along the Vanji, have been springing up in hopes of facilitating trade.

While much is made about the power and influence of the Aspis Consortium, and rightly so in Bloodcove, there are other lesser trade consortiums as well. House Barzoni, House Cartahegn, House Luxlor, and House Umbertine are a few of the more commonly recognized ones. While not much is commonly known about inter-company policies, most woudl suspect that they all operate in some way with approval of the Asipis Consortium.
---

Notable Locations:
Warehouse Row: The docks area known as Warehouse Row is one of the most important locations in Bloodcove. The rust-red waters that emerge sluggishly from the river here channel immense wealth through trade, exploitation, and conquest. Most of the dockworkers are Mwangi humans who earn a decent wage by hauling crates, mending hulls, and maintaining storage areas, but those in charge report to the Aspis Consortium. In addition to housing the Dockmaster’s Off ice and various storage areas, Warehouse Row is home to one of the oldest and most profitable inns in the city, the notorious Witchlight.

The Witchlight:
Most new visitors to Bloodcove stay at the Witchlight, a prominent inn on Warehouse Row. The inn’s original owner built the large, comfortable building out of wood from the same twisting mangrove trees over whose roots Bloodcove crouches. Moss hangs from the inn’s eaves and glimmers in moonlight, giving the inn the eerie appearance from which it takes its name.

Free Trade Square:
Free Trade Square is the financial heart of Bloodcove. The famous plaza sits on an elevated platform level just north of Warehouse Row, looking down on the harbor full of ships and traders. When cargo—or more often, hard currency—leaves those ships, it comes to Free Trade Square, where the citizens of Bloodcove barter and trade bales of valuable raw resources for all the riches of the Fever Sea. Shacks, stalls, and more established stores ring the oblong landing. While shops open and close in predictable patterns, Free Trade Square never closes. When new cargo enters the city, as it does almost every hour, in most cases it goes straight to the square. Visitors to Bloodcove can find quality weapons at midnight, bolts of cloth at sunset, and narcotics at breakfast.

Aspis Headquarters:
The official Aspis Consortium headquarters for its Mwangi Expanse operations sits at the western end of Corsair’s Way. While not the grandest building in Bloodcove, the Consortium headquarters has a dignified, mercantile look to it, much like merchant houses in more civilized regions.

The Castellany of the Fever Sea:
Built into the trunk of the largest tree in the mangrove, the Castellany of the Fever Sea is a series of chambers and
lodgings belonging to Grand Admiral Harthwik Barzoni. From this location, the department of the Grand Admiralty oversees the day-to-day business of Bloodcove.
---

Named Locations:
Inns:
Salt Reaver
Ten Shrouds
The Witchlight

Shops:
Kahveh Exports
Umbertine Arms and Armor
Free Trade Square

Taverns:
Benbow's Wheelhouse
The Bloodrot
The Pirate's Hook
The Tickling Keelhaul

Culture, entertainment, and landmarks:
Mupkin Lighthouse
Paulus Herpetorium (reptile house)
Shaduk's Ninepins (gambling den)
---

Dark Archive

You find yourselves sitting at a common table in the Salt Reaver Inn's tavern room. It's been another long, hard day with little to show for it. On the bright side, the tavern is packed, the ale is cold, and the spiced potatoes with boar is delicious.

Feel free to make any Profession or Craft checks for this day, if you have any, and you've chose to work this day.

If you aren't a bloodcove local, then the Salt Reaver is where you are staying. If you are a local, then this is a fine place to drink, eat, and hang out. Either way, you have found yourselves sitting together for supper over the last few nights, and this muggy, mosquito filled evening is no different.


A dark and beautiful garundi barmaid swings by your table and stops, "Woah, rough day? Hopefully better than yesterday at least, yeah? What can I getcha?


Waseem will find a seat at one of the crowded tables, hitching his belt pouch around making it less accessible to pick pockets. Jaqu will slink under the table and try and avoid being stepped on.

”Waseem will have the special, if you please. Also ale.”


Male Human Unchained Monk 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC 17 | Init +2 | Percept. +10 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 | Investiture 2/2, Ki: 5/5, Hero Points: 1

Lady, you have no idea. Stígandrr, having trouble finding consistent work, had resorted to taking odd jobs whenever the opportunity arose. The most recent of which involved guarding someone who had gotten on the bad side of a local ruffian. The work although not inherently difficult, was made to be so due to the incredible ability of his client to be completely ignorant of any survival instincts he might have possessed. Stíg puts several coins on the table, "An ale will do just fine." He pauses for a second before his expression dims, as if struck by a depressing thought "Actually, make that something much stronger." I have to find something that pays better than this, or at least something interesting. His chair, which seems far too small for him, creaks as he leans back in it. Stíg surveys his surroundings thoroughly for the first time since he entered the building at least ten minutes ago. He realized he hadn't been paying much attention to the people near him before but as his gaze moved from person to person he found a multitude of individuals who stood out.

Stíg's Appearance:
At first glance Stíg seems like he might be an Orc if not for the lack of tusks and green skin. He towers above typical humans even when he is hunched over and he looks capable of lifting said people up easily with one hand. Numerous tattoos are scrawled over his body, one of the more prominent ones not hidden by clothes sprawls across his head and looks like wisps of air. Stíg chooses to wear a combination of his cultures' clothing, mostly consisting of furs and hides. On his wrists can be seen his magical bracers of armor and his huge leather belt has a depiction of a bull head in the center. His head is mostly bare with the exception of a jet black ponytail in the back. Stígandrr stands at 7 foot 1 inches and weighs 310 pounds. This is in the orc ranges for height and weight because bred for war and giant ancestry both list being larger than average in their descriptions.


Nagaji Oracle 4 | HP 25/35 | AC 19, TAC 11, FAC 18, CMD 18 AC 22, TAC 12, FAC 20, CMD 19 | F +3 (+5 vs. poison), R +2, W +4 (+6 vs. mind-af.) | Perc. +10 (low-light), S.M. +0, Init. +0, Mv 20' | Greatclub +9, 1d10+6 | St +4, Dx +1, Cn +2, In +1, Wi +0, Ch +3 | Climb +5, Intimidate +10, Kn (nature) +7, Kn (religion) +4, Spellcraft +4, Survival +7, Swim +6, Craft (wood) +7, Kn (geography) +4, Kn (history) +4, Prof (herbalist) +14, Prof (sailor) +4
Resources:
Spells 1st: 5/7, 2nd 2/4 : Healer's Way 0/4 : Thorn Burst 0/1
CONDITIONS: none BUFFS: barkskin, shillelagh

Profession (herbalist): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22

The large and primitive looking lizard-man strides into the tavern with a grumpy look. He dumps a cluster of small bags filled with bundles of various herbs onto the table, and takes his usual seat.

"Never going to find a boat at this rate," he grumbles. When the barmaid comes over he looks up, and says, "Food. Yah. And beer. With lots o' bubbles."

"At least people pay me for the plants," he says to those seated at the table. "Don't know why. You just go and pick 'em, or grind 'em up, or dry 'em out, or whatever. It's easy. I dunno what the big deal is."

He shakes his head, and when the barmaid brings his tankard of beer he takes a long draught, leaving a foamy white moustache on his upper lip, which he does not seem to know to wipe away.

"But I'm supposed ta be a sailor!" he bangs the table for emphasis. "I know boats jus' fine. But even the scows won't give me a berth. I been here three weeks! Maybe someone's been tellin' tales about me. I dunno why else it would be."

He looks around at the table. "What about you guys? You heard anyone tellin' tales about me?"


Female Fetchling Bard 2 Rogue 2 | HP: 21/26 | AC 18 TAC 15 FAC 13 CMD 18 | Init +4| Per +3 (+4 traps) | Fort -1, Ref +10, Will +2 | BP 6/10 rnds | NLD:0 (not Fatigued -2 Str -2 Dex) CONDITIONS: Currently disguised (Disguise Self) as a female elf, Haste

Rough day? I've had worse... The imagery of darkness with twin red beams for eyes, her mistress an umbral dragon, came unbidden in her mind. Selena forced her thoughts toward something more productive as she suppressed a shiver despite the heat. This place is much too hot for my tastes, though, I'll give her that. No, scratch that, too humid. Hot I could deal with.

Realizing the barmaid was looking at her expectantly, Selena focused on the now, mentally kicking herself for her wandering mind.

"Isn't every day rough, miss?" she asked with a small smile. Selena's voice was lilting with a slight, difficult to place accent. "I'll take an ale, as well. And I best eat something with it. I'll take that wonderful spiced potatoes and boar. Wouldn't want to have a repeat of a few nights ago. I really am sorry about that." Selena scrunched up her nose in a sympathetic grimace as she recalled one of her first nights at the Salt Reaver spent in drunken delight, followed shortly by retching and the worst hangover she had ever experienced. I have to remember the drinks are much stronger here. "Please do keep in mind my offer of entertainment for your patrons."

With the barmaid's attention drifting toward the others at the table, Selena scanned those around her for potential allies and, more importantly, enemies.

At Shakaro Jun's exclamation and question, Selena suppresses a strong desire to mess with the nagaji. "No, sir," she replies meekly. "What tales would they tell? I do love a good story. Tell me your side, and I will gladly correct any ill-spoken rumors."

Selena's Appearance:
Selena appears to be a fragile human except for the extreme lack of color to her light gray skin and her pupilless, yellow eyes. Her hair, just touching her shoulders, is deep black except the tips of her bangs which have been dyed crimson. Loose black and red clothing pokes out from under shapely studded black leather armor. Strapped in various locations are a set of darts, and a simple short sword rests in its scabbard on her hip.


Shakaro Jun wrote:


He looks around at the table. "What about you guys? You heard anyone tellin' tales about me?"

Missing the point entirely, Waseem answers politely, ” This one has not heard your tale either, but would be honoured to listen.”

Waseem and Jaqu:
Waseem is a humanoid cat, 5'4" tall, 150lbs, brown hair and eyes with a glowing rune on his forehead. At his feet, mostly concealed in the shadows under the table is a black jaguar with a matching glowing rune.

link:

“A summoner and his eidolon share a mental link allows for communication across any distance (as long as they are on the same plane). This communication is a free action, allowing the summoner to give orders to his eidolon at any time“

Jaqu, “Wouldn’t it be better to wait until after it eats? It looks like one who talkes with it’s mouth full”
Waseem, “I think it’s a ‘he’, not an it. And he made the offer now. It would be rude to ignore it.”
“It would be rude for he to spit food all over my fur while he boasts, but I doubt that will stop he.”
“It sounds like he’s looking for work on boats too. We may be working together and I would rather have him as an ally than an enemy.”
“A talking iguana seems an odd choice for an ally, but as you wish. I will listen to he.”


Nagaji Oracle 4 | HP 25/35 | AC 19, TAC 11, FAC 18, CMD 18 AC 22, TAC 12, FAC 20, CMD 19 | F +3 (+5 vs. poison), R +2, W +4 (+6 vs. mind-af.) | Perc. +10 (low-light), S.M. +0, Init. +0, Mv 20' | Greatclub +9, 1d10+6 | St +4, Dx +1, Cn +2, In +1, Wi +0, Ch +3 | Climb +5, Intimidate +10, Kn (nature) +7, Kn (religion) +4, Spellcraft +4, Survival +7, Swim +6, Craft (wood) +7, Kn (geography) +4, Kn (history) +4, Prof (herbalist) +14, Prof (sailor) +4
Resources:
Spells 1st: 5/7, 2nd 2/4 : Healer's Way 0/4 : Thorn Burst 0/1
CONDITIONS: none BUFFS: barkskin, shillelagh

"What? Uh..." Shakaro blinks for a few seconds.

"Well, first of all, if people told you I was a pirate, it ain't true. I ain't!" Shakkaro says earnestly. "I was tryin' to find the place that ships come from, and so I swam out and stowed away on this ship. When they found me they said I could work for them or I could walk the plank. Yeah! They did!"

"I ain't a bad swimmer, but by then we was way out in the ocean. I ne'er woulda made it. So what could I do? I played along. That's what. But when I got the chance, I got out of there. I never really cared much if humans were killing other humans, but those guys... I didn't like them. No way."

Shakaro shakes his head vigourously, and the foam moustache goes flying in all directions.

"Also, if they told you I'm bad luck, that ain't true. Sure, I got spirits all around me but they help me. It ain't my fault Grey Gull went down. That was 'cause the captain git in a fight he couldn't win. Two against one, and they were warships. The Gull sank 'cause the captain weren't smart enough to get away, that's why. Truth."

Shakaro nods earnestly, and what remains of the foam on his lips now flies upwards into the air and down into his lap.

"I just hafta get upriver. I can tell I'm close. Say... any of you ever seen a ship with a red flag, what has a black skulll - a human skull I mean, with crossed cobras underneath? I'm lookin' for those guys."

Scarab Sages

Male Wayang Rogue 1/Wizard 3 | HP 16/26 AC 19 | Init +5 | Per +12 (+13 vs traps) | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +3 | Twikli HP 13/13 -1 non lethal, fatigued, -1 use shadow seeker

craft maps: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

A small, grey skinned man almost hidden in a cloak comes in and, almost sneakily, makes his way to the table sitting down almost before anybody even noticed his presence.

"Yes please, I'll have the special. Ale sounds good to me"

I am assuming that with my knowledge arcana and/or planes that I recognize an Eidolon

He looks at the cat with great interest and bows respectfully

"Well, aren't you the interesting one? I didn't realize that there were any of your kind around"

He then looks at the entire group
"Sorry, didn't mean to be rude. My name is Shwarto. Nice to meet you all. "


Female Fetchling Bard 2 Rogue 2 | HP: 21/26 | AC 18 TAC 15 FAC 13 CMD 18 | Init +4| Per +3 (+4 traps) | Fort -1, Ref +10, Will +2 | BP 6/10 rnds | NLD:0 (not Fatigued -2 Str -2 Dex) CONDITIONS: Currently disguised (Disguise Self) as a female elf, Haste

Selena wipes some of Shakaro Jun's foam off of her cheek and surreptitiously analyzes the newcomer over her tankard as she drinks her own ale slowly.

A wayang here of all places. And willingly joining a group of outsiders? I'm not sure how I should feel about this. Is it coincidence to see him here, or something else? Could he be from the Shadow Plane? No use hiding now; I'm clearly kayal.
"Kayal" are what many fetchlings prefer to call themselves.

"Hello, Shwarto, by all means join us," Selena says after the fact with a grin. "I am called Selena Shadethorn. And perhaps I am also rude," she adds with a laugh. "I have seen a few of you around this place and yet I don't recall if I ever properly introduced myself."

With some mental effort, Selena shifted her attention back to Shakaro Jun. "And as for your ship, no, I do not think so. I was not on the lookout for such a ship, however, and many suspicious vessels seem to pass through here. I will keep an eye out for it." Suddenly remembering he had said something about going upriver, the thought occurred to her that she had been in one place too long. The whole world to see, and I've been here for how many days? "In exchange for me keeping an eye out for you, please, if you should find a boat to take you upriver, see if the crew would take me, too. I could use a change of scenery."


Male Human Unchained Monk 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC 17 | Init +2 | Percept. +10 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 | Investiture 2/2, Ki: 5/5, Hero Points: 1

Hearing the small man introduce himself reminded Stíg that he should do the same. "My name is Stíggandr but you can call me Stíg" he says, awkwardly pausing for a moment before extending his hand towards Shwarto, clearly proud of his mastery of social customs. "Good to meet you Shwar-too" he replied, not quite getting the pronunciation right. While the woman who also just introduced herself looked like a gaunt human who was lacking some color, her eyes revealed that there was more to it than that. He was a little unnerved by the lack of pupils and found himself staring slightly too long to be polite. He again extends his hand to shake, this time towards Selena, while he introduces himself "The name's Stíg. Nice to meet ya." Turning back to the lizard man who had started the conversation "What's so important about going upriver?" He takes a long sip from the mug that the barmaid brought, spilling a little of the dark liquid as he sets it back down rather quickly.


knowledge local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

”This one is Waseem, that one,” waving towards the jaguar, ”is Jaqu. This one is sorry but the ship you describe is not known to Waseem.”


The barmaid listens to everyone's orders, mentally sketching them on the notepad in her mind, and waits patiently throughout the banter until everyone on this end of the long common table places an order.

"Yeah, sure y'all. Be back in a few," she says while turning away. "FAZZUL, I need a few specials hon," she speaks over the din of the crowd as she walks back towards the bar.


Nagaji Oracle 4 | HP 25/35 | AC 19, TAC 11, FAC 18, CMD 18 AC 22, TAC 12, FAC 20, CMD 19 | F +3 (+5 vs. poison), R +2, W +4 (+6 vs. mind-af.) | Perc. +10 (low-light), S.M. +0, Init. +0, Mv 20' | Greatclub +9, 1d10+6 | St +4, Dx +1, Cn +2, In +1, Wi +0, Ch +3 | Climb +5, Intimidate +10, Kn (nature) +7, Kn (religion) +4, Spellcraft +4, Survival +7, Swim +6, Craft (wood) +7, Kn (geography) +4, Kn (history) +4, Prof (herbalist) +14, Prof (sailor) +4
Resources:
Spells 1st: 5/7, 2nd 2/4 : Healer's Way 0/4 : Thorn Burst 0/1
CONDITIONS: none BUFFS: barkskin, shillelagh

I am assuming that based on the intro ("you have found yourselves sitting together for supper over the last few nights"), those of you who have been staying here are already known to Shakaro, and introductions are not necessary.

"That ship attacked my village," says Shakaro. "Not many ships would come there, and mostly they would trade from fruits and meat and supplies like that. They would give us knives and pots and blankets and useful things."

"But these men," Shakaro shakes his head. "They wasn't like the others. No, no. They attacked with no warning. They killed some, and the rest they took. I was gathering herbs - if I was in the village I could have fought them... or maybe I would be dead."

"But they took most of my people and sailed away. I am the last one. So I must find them. I had heard that they came here, and went up the river. But nobody in this town says nothin', and I can't find a boat that will take me. Pretty soon I think I'm gonna just walk and take my chances. Or maybe find a good log and build a canoe."


”This one is sorry for your loss but it would not be wise to attemp to travel the Blood on your own. It is dangerous enough under an experienced captain. Be patient, they are always looking for new crew to replace the ones that have been...lost.


Female Fetchling Bard 2 Rogue 2 | HP: 21/26 | AC 18 TAC 15 FAC 13 CMD 18 | Init +4| Per +3 (+4 traps) | Fort -1, Ref +10, Will +2 | BP 6/10 rnds | NLD:0 (not Fatigued -2 Str -2 Dex) CONDITIONS: Currently disguised (Disguise Self) as a female elf, Haste

Selena felt her cheeks warm at Stíg's stare, and a faint darker gray blossomed there, a would-be blush. This guy could probably break me in twain, she thought in wonder as she reciprocated his handshake. "The pleasure is mine," she replied.

Looking at the cat man give his introduction and turning back to the lizard man, Selena again scanned the rest of the Salt Reaver's tables, enjoying the variety of life represented. She couldn't keep a small grin off her face, as if hearing a joke the world wasn't in on yet. A little less than four-fifths of Bloodcove's population is made up of humans, and yet here in our group only one in five is human.

Realizing she still smiled with no reason and not wanting to look like a crazy person, she quickly rested her face in a more neutral expression with a shake of her head.

Shakaro's words sobered her up quick, and her neutral expression dropped to a slight frown colored by anger aimed at those who would murder and enslave innocents without any provocation merely for profit.

"Better that you were away and survived, Shakaro," Selena said reassuringly. "Your people would likely have no hope if you had been slain or captured. These men you seek, they have no reason to rush up the river and will face obstacles that further slow them..." Selena trails off, becoming lost in thought. A moment later, she looks back up at Shakaro. "Maybe someone a little less... well-known," she chose her words carefully, "would have an easier job of finding a willing captain. Or maybe we should see if there is need of hired... muscle? in an expedition up the river. I will try my own luck."

Selena eyes those gathered, lingering on the wayang last. "I believe Waseem here is right; one should not travel the Blood alone. You are welcome all to join me. I do enjoy good company." She gives them all her warmest smile. "Or perhaps your path does not see you upriver?" she asked, hoping to hear more of why these people came to be here and where they headed next. To hear someone's life story was to see the world through another pair of eyes.


”Waseem does wish to travel the Blood. There is danger, yes, but there is also much wealth to be gained. Enough to keep this ones family from starving for years. Perhaps even enough to book passage to someplace more hospitable. Why do you wish to sail the Blood? It is not a voyage to be taken lightly.”


Nagaji Oracle 4 | HP 25/35 | AC 19, TAC 11, FAC 18, CMD 18 AC 22, TAC 12, FAC 20, CMD 19 | F +3 (+5 vs. poison), R +2, W +4 (+6 vs. mind-af.) | Perc. +10 (low-light), S.M. +0, Init. +0, Mv 20' | Greatclub +9, 1d10+6 | St +4, Dx +1, Cn +2, In +1, Wi +0, Ch +3 | Climb +5, Intimidate +10, Kn (nature) +7, Kn (religion) +4, Spellcraft +4, Survival +7, Swim +6, Craft (wood) +7, Kn (geography) +4, Kn (history) +4, Prof (herbalist) +14, Prof (sailor) +4
Resources:
Spells 1st: 5/7, 2nd 2/4 : Healer's Way 0/4 : Thorn Burst 0/1
CONDITIONS: none BUFFS: barkskin, shillelagh

"Yah, good idea. If you find a boat captain looking for hands, jus' tell 'im you know a deckhand who's also a chippy's mate, lookin' for a berth. Try to get 'im to say yes before he meets me."

Shakaro nods.

"Hah! Yeh, that might work."

Soon the waitress arrives with another tankard. But before Shakaro can turn to pick it up, it seems to slide off the table of its own accord, and falls on the floor, splashing everywhere.

Shakaro stares at the table where the tankard was for a few moments. He blinks.

Then he sighs. He looks up at the waitress.

"Wasn't me! You saw. Uh... yeah, just get me another one."

Scarab Sages

Male Wayang Rogue 1/Wizard 3 | HP 16/26 AC 19 | Init +5 | Per +12 (+13 vs traps) | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +3 | Twikli HP 13/13 -1 non lethal, fatigued, -1 use shadow seeker

"Not going to tell them the REAL reason I'm here. They'd just think that I'm one more madman looking for lost treasure. Which is close, I suppose. Knowledge IS a kind of treasure after all"

"I'm also hoping to get up the Blood. I'd like to see the place with my own eyes, not just rely on travellers accounts. Oh, and earn some money of course. Travelling is expensive"

When the tankard goes awry Shwarto is quite curious as to what happened.

knowledge: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26 (+2 religion, +3 arcana)

Is that enough to recognize that a spirit did it?


Nagaji Oracle 4 | HP 25/35 | AC 19, TAC 11, FAC 18, CMD 18 AC 22, TAC 12, FAC 20, CMD 19 | F +3 (+5 vs. poison), R +2, W +4 (+6 vs. mind-af.) | Perc. +10 (low-light), S.M. +0, Init. +0, Mv 20' | Greatclub +9, 1d10+6 | St +4, Dx +1, Cn +2, In +1, Wi +0, Ch +3 | Climb +5, Intimidate +10, Kn (nature) +7, Kn (religion) +4, Spellcraft +4, Survival +7, Swim +6, Craft (wood) +7, Kn (geography) +4, Kn (history) +4, Prof (herbalist) +14, Prof (sailor) +4
Resources:
Spells 1st: 5/7, 2nd 2/4 : Healer's Way 0/4 : Thorn Burst 0/1
CONDITIONS: none BUFFS: barkskin, shillelagh

Beats me, but probably.


Female Fetchling Bard 2 Rogue 2 | HP: 21/26 | AC 18 TAC 15 FAC 13 CMD 18 | Init +4| Per +3 (+4 traps) | Fort -1, Ref +10, Will +2 | BP 6/10 rnds | NLD:0 (not Fatigued -2 Str -2 Dex) CONDITIONS: Currently disguised (Disguise Self) as a female elf, Haste

Selena considers Waseem's words. How dangerous can it be, really? She hesitates before answering, sparing one quick glance back to Shwarto after hearing his .

Sensing Shwarto's Motives for flavor to give Selena a chance to not be unreasonably paranoid Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

There's no way he's from Thraknix, regardless of whether he's from the Shadow Plane or not. Thraknix is the umbral dragon her family serves from whom she ran away.

"This river of Blood intrigues me, and I see the opportunity for a great story in the making." She leans forward conspiratorially and adds, "And perhaps a little danger would discourage greater danger. While dear Shakaro pursues bad people, I fear I may be pursued by bad people."

Selena leans back again. When Shakaro's tankard moves inexplicably and thinking back to his initial protests of not having bad luck but having the company of spirits, she thinks, I wonder who actually bumped that. There's no such thing as luck, bad or otherwise. Mostly a distracting left hand and a sneaky right. But what is to be gained here? Just playing up the "skeptic" trait

"And what of you, Stíg?" Selena turns to the hulking man.


Male Human Unchained Monk 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC 17 | Init +2 | Percept. +10 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 | Investiture 2/2, Ki: 5/5, Hero Points: 1

"It is a noble desire to want to protect your neighbors, certainly one that I can respect. It is difficult to decide whether your presence would have changed what happened but what is certain is that you have the chance to do so now. That is something that can be controlled." Stíg pauses, and picks up one of the plants that Shakaro laid out on the table, examining it closely. "I have wanted to leave for a while now" he continued, turning the gnarled white root over in his hands. "If you are looking to go up river, I would join." Stíg sets the root back on the table and picks up the tankard that fell before he turns to look at Shakaro directly. "I despise those who would attack the innocent and would gladly help in retrieving your fellow villagers. I think you will find that I have some skills that could be very useful in your mission" he finishes with a smile.

Finally, a good reason to get out of this place.

Dark Archive

Shakaro Jun wrote:
Beats me, but probably.

Yes.

Shakaro Jun wrote:
Sitting together vs know each other.

You could easily have been sitting with each other at the common table, or nearby enough, and not had introduced or interacted yet. I was just leaving it to your choice. I might sit next to someone in a cafe a few times before I introduce myself.

Dark Archive

Waseem automatic as a local; others: K(local=DC25):
The Vanji River flows from Lake Ocota, its northern terminus far into the Mwangi jungles of darkness. There are many small and a few major tributaries along the Vanji's flow from Ocota to Bloodcove. From Lake Ocota, many other large rivers branch out besides the Vanji; some flowing into the lake and some flowing away.

Some items of interest based on the recent conversation:

Nantambu, a noteworthy city along the Vanji, is home what may be Golarion’s oldest academy of arcane knowledge, the Magaambya. Though it is likely the oldest, it is also one of the least known. Despite having no walled defenses, this city enjoys a peace and normalcy like no other due to foremost, the number of wizards and other students of the arcane.
(And something that only Waseem would know, and as a rumor at that: the local tribes nearby honor the city with protection from within the jungle since the city has always welcomed, protected, and traded with them.)

Usaro, a notorious city on lake Ocota is frequently at odds with Nantambu, and all of its neighbors really, mounting a major raid once a generation or so. This is the famed city of Ruthazek the gorilla King, emperor of Usaro. This city of ruins is where apes, gorillas, and simians of all types reign, and humanoids give wide berth to.

Others: many ruins exist along, or near the Vanji or tributaries. These ruins along with known and secret mines (precious metals and gems) lie all about the interior. These places are generally targets for trade companies such as the Aspis.

I am about to start the action, but keep this post in mind for later discussions.

Dark Archive

The late sun is starting to set, bringing a welcome relief to the heat, though not even night can cut through the humidity. As you finish up your dinner and drinks over friendly conversation, some of you perhaps begin to feel a deeper connection of fate between this strange gathering.

Whether you felt that connection or not, in a moment that fate becomes reality...

Waseem and Shwarto notice an general feeling of unease in both Jaqu and Twikli. Moments later the near-calm of the early evening is broken by an ear splitting shriek of some creature and sudden screams of people outside the Salt Reaver. Another set of sudden screams of terror again erupts from the crowd outside and the sounds of rushing feet across the boardwalk are unmistakable.

Suddenly someone bursts through the door to the Salt Reaver tavern, "Dragon! Run!", he shouts while slamming the door and presumably taking off down the boardwalk. The inside crowd erupts into terrified action as people rush back to rooms or out the door, knocking over tables and chairs in their paths.

You stand up, trying to shake off the recently consumed alcohol.
Fortitude save to see if you are inebriated, if you were drinking alcohol.

Fort DC 5, failure:
You are feeling a little Tipsy from the alcohol. -1 Perception, Initiative and Ranged Attack rolls.
---

Your options are pretty much take cover, run, or head out ready to fight.


Female Fetchling Bard 2 Rogue 2 | HP: 21/26 | AC 18 TAC 15 FAC 13 CMD 18 | Init +4| Per +3 (+4 traps) | Fort -1, Ref +10, Will +2 | BP 6/10 rnds | NLD:0 (not Fatigued -2 Str -2 Dex) CONDITIONS: Currently disguised (Disguise Self) as a female elf, Haste

I can't meet the DC even if I got a nat 20, haha, but here goes anyway
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Oh, would you look at that. Nat 20. This is what I wanted to use it on. Totally not the Fort check. This.

Fort Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7 Thank goodness the DC was so low...

At the cry of "Dragon!", Selena's face is one of shock and terror. It can't be her, it can't be her, she'd send someone, it can't be her!

Just to see how well she pulls herself together
Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Selena runs to one of the tables that has been knocked over and uses it as some form of cover. She mutters something that can't be heard over the din and from seemingly nowhere pulls out a small harp, clutching it desperately to her chest. Summon instrument cantrip

Appearing to calm minutely, she turns to the others at her table and watches to see how they react before determining her own course of action.


Male Human Unchained Monk 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC 17 | Init +2 | Percept. +10 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 | Investiture 2/2, Ki: 5/5, Hero Points: 1

Tipsy Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

"Something interesting. Finally." Stíg looks at the others with a large grin. Seeing Selena hide, "It will be fine. Its just a dragon. Besides, I'm betting you are stronger than you think." He laughs before running out the door to get a look at the dragon. A strange rush of air follows him out.


Nagaji Oracle 4 | HP 25/35 | AC 19, TAC 11, FAC 18, CMD 18 AC 22, TAC 12, FAC 20, CMD 19 | F +3 (+5 vs. poison), R +2, W +4 (+6 vs. mind-af.) | Perc. +10 (low-light), S.M. +0, Init. +0, Mv 20' | Greatclub +9, 1d10+6 | St +4, Dx +1, Cn +2, In +1, Wi +0, Ch +3 | Climb +5, Intimidate +10, Kn (nature) +7, Kn (religion) +4, Spellcraft +4, Survival +7, Swim +6, Craft (wood) +7, Kn (geography) +4, Kn (history) +4, Prof (herbalist) +14, Prof (sailor) +4
Resources:
Spells 1st: 5/7, 2nd 2/4 : Healer's Way 0/4 : Thorn Burst 0/1
CONDITIONS: none BUFFS: barkskin, shillelagh

Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Another +2 if alcohol counts as poison, which it probably would.

"Dragon? Here?" Shakaro shouts, looking around.

"We should get outta here. If a dragon breathes on dis tavern it'll go down. We need to be outside to see where it is going. If it's a fiery dragon the water might be de safest place."

From the map it looked like this was kind of a shantytown and the buildings are probably flimsy firetraps. If the place is actually well built then maybe I would not do this:

Seeing the press of people heading for the doors, Shakaro decides to make his own way out. Shakaro pulls out a club, and chants for a moment, brushing the club with a bundle of feathers tied around a bone. The wood of the club seems to go green, and a few spots look like they may sprout leaves. Then he swings it at the wall.

Casting shillelagh then smashing my way out.

Shillelagh Damage (Power Attack): 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 5) + 10 = 19

Dark Archive

I apologize, in my rush I wasn't very clear what to do. If you are headed out the door, then the door is a move action away and so feel free to take a standard action also. We are basically in a round now, but I haven't called for initiative yet. So, you can also choose to spend multiple rounds inside, but that will affect when you join the fray.

I don't think this affects any of the above posts, though you may want to revise your action.

@SHakaro, and others, The buildings and catwalks are very well constructed from local wood and everything is built into the mangrove tree roots, being from south florida, I didnt think that a mangrove tree might not be familiar to you, but it is an crazy cool water tree if you care please look it up.
Given that it rains pretty much every day and the humidity generally doesn't fall below 85%, you would believe that the wood is significantly protected from sudden flames, at least for a little while anyway.


fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
apparently Waseem gets more sober as he drinks...

Link:

Waseem, “A dragon, here? Why would a dragon...”
Jaqu, “Stop thinking and do something.”
“Oh, yeah. Let’s take a look.”
“I was thinking about hiding under a table but sure let’s go running towards the big scary monster...”

Waseem and Jaqu will move to a window to try and catch a glimpse of whatever is causing the ruckus.
Waseem perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Jaqu perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Male Human Unchained Monk 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC 17 | Init +2 | Percept. +10 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 | Investiture 2/2, Ki: 5/5, Hero Points: 1

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 If needed

Dark Archive

Shakaro, given the well construction of the building that I noted after your post, are you still going to smash a wall? There are plenty of windows around.

Scarab Sages

Male Wayang Rogue 1/Wizard 3 | HP 16/26 AC 19 | Init +5 | Per +12 (+13 vs traps) | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +3 | Twikli HP 13/13 -1 non lethal, fatigued, -1 use shadow seeker

fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Know local: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

Shwarto would head outside and then head to some cover. Cover from both the ground AND the air (Probably the mangrove tree roots are perfect for this).

So, double move with a stealth check
stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

NOT taking an action, this is just what he might notice in passing
perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Well, aren't my dice rolls just great :-)


Nagaji Oracle 4 | HP 25/35 | AC 19, TAC 11, FAC 18, CMD 18 AC 22, TAC 12, FAC 20, CMD 19 | F +3 (+5 vs. poison), R +2, W +4 (+6 vs. mind-af.) | Perc. +10 (low-light), S.M. +0, Init. +0, Mv 20' | Greatclub +9, 1d10+6 | St +4, Dx +1, Cn +2, In +1, Wi +0, Ch +3 | Climb +5, Intimidate +10, Kn (nature) +7, Kn (religion) +4, Spellcraft +4, Survival +7, Swim +6, Craft (wood) +7, Kn (geography) +4, Kn (history) +4, Prof (herbalist) +14, Prof (sailor) +4
Resources:
Spells 1st: 5/7, 2nd 2/4 : Healer's Way 0/4 : Thorn Burst 0/1
CONDITIONS: none BUFFS: barkskin, shillelagh
GM Justaworm - RID wrote:
Shakaro, given the well construction of the building that I noted after your post, are you still going to smash a wall? There are plenty of windows around.

If it's not necessary, then no. Shakaro just wants to get outside quickly.

Shakaro goes to a window, and jumps outside. One on the street, he looks around for signs of a dragon overhead.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Dark Archive

Upon hearing the cries of Dragon!, the group of you springs to action to see what is going on outside.

Selena takes cover behind an upturned table, summons a small harp, and takes note of what her new friends are doing. Still an MA from being outside
Stig grins wildly at the thought of fighting a dragon and pushes his way past the crowd and outside.
Shakaro casts Shillelagh and bursts through the mosquito screening of the nearest window onto the raised platform outside.
Waseem and Jaqu move towards the nearest window, surveying the situation.
Shwarto (assume Twikli too) follows right behind the hulking Stig through the crowd and outside. Once outside, the wayang tries to stealthily find a place to observe the situation out of direct harm. (YOu are about 40 ft up, I just placed you behind the corner of the inn)

For those that have direct sight of the situation, your heart perhaps skips a beat as you truly see a dragon, though not exactly a full dragon. This beast has an elongated head and beak (picture a pteranodon) with the body a of huge, powerful dragon. Its body is colored reddish-violet with lighter shades on its underbelly.

As you look on, you see the beast toss a townperson over the rope railing of the walkway that it currently stands upon. His screams are only silenced by the waters below and the crowd cries out again.

K(Arcana) DC 21:
This creature is a magical beast known as a Dragonnel. It is some type of hybrid pteranodon and dragon. While fierce as a dragon, it lacks a breath weapon, the magical capabilities, and the intelligence of a dragon. These creatures are thought to be nearly extinct from all but the darkest places of Garund.
---

K(local) or K(nature) DC 18:
You are too sure about the specifics of this creature, but it is defintely some kind of hybrid pteranodon and dragon known as a Dragonnel.
---

Initatives:

Selena Shadethorn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Shwarto: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Twikli (familiar): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Stígandrr: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Waseem: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Jaqu: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Shakaro Jun: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

Initiatives:
--------
Selena
Twikli
Stígandrr
Shakaro
Waseem
Jaqu
----
Draggonel
----
Shwarto

The whole first group is up in post order.

Battle Mat

Battle Artwork, not a great day for Harsk and Valeros

Status Whiteboard:

Health and Tracked Conditions:
Selena:


  • Shwarto: (30 / 30)

  • Twikli: (15 / 15)

  • Stígandrr: (38 / 38)

  • Waseem: (33 / 33)

  • Jaqu: (30 / 30)

  • Shakaro: (35 / 35)
  • Item / Ability Usage:
    Selena:
    Shwarto:
    Twikli:
    Stígandrr:
    Waseem:
    Jaqu:
    Shakaro:

    Spell Usage per day:
    Selena: Summon Instrument,
    Shwarto:
    Twikli:
    Stígandrr:
    Waseem:
    Jaqu:
    Shakaro: Shillelagh,


  • knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
    knowledge local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

    ”It’s a Dragonnel!”

    Waseem will cast haste on Jaqu, Stig, Shakaro and Shwarto.

    link:

    Jaqu, “The walls of this dwelling seem sturdy enough. Once it eats it’s fill it will depart on it’s own... or is it a ‘he’?”
    Waseem, “We can’t just sit by and let it kill everyone!”
    “We can’t?”
    “No!”
    “All right. So where do we stand on the correct pronoun?”
    “Just get out there and kill it.”
    “Sure. Try not to break a nail...”

    Jaqu will charge ‘it’ and pounce...
    bite: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 11 (charge, haste, power attack)
    damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11
    bite: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 14 (haste)
    damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9
    claw: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 28
    damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6
    claw: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 20 (confirm critical?)
    damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11 (extra damage if crit confirmed)
    claw: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 11
    damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6


    Female Fetchling Bard 2 Rogue 2 | HP: 21/26 | AC 18 TAC 15 FAC 13 CMD 18 | Init +4| Per +3 (+4 traps) | Fort -1, Ref +10, Will +2 | BP 6/10 rnds | NLD:0 (not Fatigued -2 Str -2 Dex) CONDITIONS: Currently disguised (Disguise Self) as a female elf, Haste

    "I'm betting you are stronger than you think..." Selena shakes her head to clear it, takes a deep breath, and runs out the Salt Reaver's doors. She takes stock of the situation and in spite of the still fearsome beast sighs in relief. Yet her heart continues to pound, and her grip on the harp does not lessen.

    I'm assuming the skill checks would be a standard action, so maybe I'll do that next turn

    Partially to calm her own nerves, Selena strikes the chords of the harp loudly and lively, a triumphant call to battle. Please let this be heard over the tumult!

    Bardic Performance, Inspire Courage, audible component

    Inspire Courage:
    In short, as long as people can hear an audible component or see a visual component, they get +1 on attack and weapon damage rolls and +1 on saving throws against charm and fear effects

    Inspire Courage (Su): A 1st-level bard can use his performance to inspire courage in his allies (including himself), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to perceive the bard's performance. An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. At 5th level, and every six bard levels thereafter, this bonus increases by +1, to a maximum of +4 at 17th level. Inspire courage is a mind-affecting ability. Inspire courage can use audible or visual components. The bard must choose which component to use when starting his performance.


    Female Fetchling Bard 2 Rogue 2 | HP: 21/26 | AC 18 TAC 15 FAC 13 CMD 18 | Init +4| Per +3 (+4 traps) | Fort -1, Ref +10, Will +2 | BP 6/10 rnds | NLD:0 (not Fatigued -2 Str -2 Dex) CONDITIONS: Currently disguised (Disguise Self) as a female elf, Haste

    I'm not sure if a Perform check is needed for this bardic performance, but if so here it goes

    Perform(string): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


    Nagaji Oracle 4 | HP 25/35 | AC 19, TAC 11, FAC 18, CMD 18 AC 22, TAC 12, FAC 20, CMD 19 | F +3 (+5 vs. poison), R +2, W +4 (+6 vs. mind-af.) | Perc. +10 (low-light), S.M. +0, Init. +0, Mv 20' | Greatclub +9, 1d10+6 | St +4, Dx +1, Cn +2, In +1, Wi +0, Ch +3 | Climb +5, Intimidate +10, Kn (nature) +7, Kn (religion) +4, Spellcraft +4, Survival +7, Swim +6, Craft (wood) +7, Kn (geography) +4, Kn (history) +4, Prof (herbalist) +14, Prof (sailor) +4
    Resources:
    Spells 1st: 5/7, 2nd 2/4 : Healer's Way 0/4 : Thorn Burst 0/1
    CONDITIONS: none BUFFS: barkskin, shillelagh

    Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

    "Yeah, dat's a dragon all right," says Shakaro. "Wat does 'dragon-nel' mean?"

    He runs out onto the bridge.

    Single move is 40' due to haste.

    "You there!" he calls out to the civilians on the bridge. "Get away from dat thing! Don't you know dat's a dragon... nel?"

    Want them out of the way so I have a charge line. :)

    Among the various fetishes he wears around his neck and arms, leaves seem to begin growing. He concentrates, and hurls a bolt of light at the creature!

    Casting burst of radiance. I make the AoE so it only affects the Dragonnel.

    Reflex DC 15 or blinded (otherwise dazzled) for this many rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 2
    Damage taken if Dragonnel is evil (no save): 4d4 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 1) = 8

    Dark Archive

    Sorry guys, that second check should have also include K(Arcana) at DC 18. It was a late night.


    Male Human Unchained Monk 4 | HP: 38/38 | AC 17 | Init +2 | Percept. +10 | Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 | Investiture 2/2, Ki: 5/5, Hero Points: 1

    Stíg smiles as he looks at the dragon. Reminds me a bit of home. He slams his fists together as he chants in a language not often heard in this part of the world Hallit. Light begins to peek out from under his clothes, shining through the openings. As he starts running towards the dragon the light continues to spread to the rest of his body. The light source becomes abundantly clear when the tattoos that are visible begin glowing. He picks up the pace as he runs at the creature, his feet almost leaving the ground.

    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 To avoid Aoos, DC = Dragonnel's cmd+10

    Standard action: Cast Divine favor using 1 point of investiture

    Move action: Move 50 ft to the dragonnel

    Swift action: +1 sacred bonus to Reflex

    Scarab Sages

    Male Wayang Rogue 1/Wizard 3 | HP 16/26 AC 19 | Init +5 | Per +12 (+13 vs traps) | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +3 | Twikli HP 13/13 -1 non lethal, fatigued, -1 use shadow seeker

    Yeah, Twikli is definitely heading into his familiar satchel and making sure that it is WELL guarded :-) :-).

    He is brave but not THAT brave :-)

    Dark Archive

    Round 1a -----------------------

    Waseem castes Haste on Jaqu, Stig, Shakaro, and Shwarto.

    Jaqu leaps out the window and charges towards the creature to attack. The dagonnel lashes out at Jaqu with a claw as the eidolon moves in, slashing him across the back. (8 pts of dmg) The dragonnel noticeably tries to grab Jaqu, but isn't quite able to hold on. Jaqu, in turn, lashes out and one of his claws slashes across the dragonnel. (claw +crit: 17 dmg)

    Selena leaves the inn's safety and begins playing her harp. The group feels emboldened for the battle to come as they hear the music. Inspire courage on everyone

    Shakaro calls out for the terrified civilians to move out of the way and casts Burst of Radiance on the creature. He isn't sure about the effecdt on the creature's vision, but it does react in pain to the spell. (8dmg, dazzled)

    Stig casts Divine Favor on himself and attemps to cautiously rush into battle. On the way towards the creature, the big man gets tripped up over a slick spot on the bridge, bubt fortunately the dragonnel was preoccupied with its attack on Jaqu and doesn't take advantage of the situation.

    Twikli flees into the wizard's familiar satchel.

    GM Rolls:

    Preview isn't working right now, manual rolls.
    Jacqu acro: 1d20+8 = 18
    Dragonnel AoO: 1d20+13 = 23, 1d8+7 = 8dmg; hit
    Dragonnel Snatch: 1d20+17 = 18, fumble
    Dragonnel Reflex: 15, saves - dazzled 2 rounds

    Status Whiteboard:

    Health and Tracked Conditions:
    Selena:

    • Hasted - 4/4 rounds (rnd 1)
    • Inspire courage

    Shwarto: (30 / 30)

    • Hasted - 4/4 rounds
    • Inspire courage

    Twikli: (15 / 15)


    • Inspire courage

    Stígandrr: (38 / 38)

    • Hasted - 4/4 rounds
    • Inspire courage
    • Divine Favor
    • +1 to Ref

    Waseem: (33 / 33)

    • Hasted - 4/4 rounds
    • Inspire courage

    Jaqu: (22 / 30)

    • Hasted - 4/4 rounds
    • Inspire courage

    Shakaro: (35 / 35)

    • Hasted - 4/4 rounds
    • Inspire courage

    Item / Ability Usage:
    Selena: Inspire courage 1 rnd
    Shwarto:
    Twikli:
    Stígandrr:
    Waseem:
    Jaqu:
    Shakaro:

    Spell Usage per day:
    Selena: Summon Instrument,
    Shwarto:
    Twikli:
    Stígandrr: divine favor (1pt)
    Waseem: haste
    Jaqu:
    Shakaro: Shillelagh, burst of radiance,

    Creatures:

    25 dmg taken, dazzled til rnd 3 (dazzled: -1 att & percep, rnd 3)
    ---

    Dragonnel is up; hopefully I will get a chance tonight.


    link:

    “So are you just going to stand there?”
    “It’s not my turn yet.”
    “Turn?”
    “Yeah. Once everyone has a chance to do something we get another turn.”
    “Sometimes this reality of yours really sucks.”

    Scarab Sages

    Male Wayang Rogue 1/Wizard 3 | HP 16/26 AC 19 | Init +5 | Per +12 (+13 vs traps) | Fort +2 Ref +6 Will +3 | Twikli HP 13/13 -1 non lethal, fatigued, -1 use shadow seeker

    "This can't fly, huh? Well, lets keep that for a real emergency"

    I'm not quite sure where I am. My goal is to move 20 ft (coming out of stealth) and within 5 ft of cover.

    Shwarto throws a snowball at the monster. Hopefully he was sufficiently hidden to have surprise

    Haste +1, Bard song +1
    attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 15 vs touch AC, damage: 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3, 3) + 1 = 10 cold. Fort save DC 16 or staggered for 1 round
    Assuming he had successfully stealthed he does an additional
    ssneak attack: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8

    If he is within 5 ft of cover he will then take a swift action to hide himself. Not clear if I can stealth (does a swift action teleport count as movement?). If he can:

    stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

    Dark Archive

    Round 1b -----------------------
    The dragonnel wildly attacks everything near it. Starting with Jaqu, it snaps its long beak at the eidolon, just missing it (AC16, miss). Next it rakes a claw at the townsperson blocking Shakaro's charge, striking him easily and silencing his screams. It easily grasps his limp body in its powerful claws (AC24, 19dmg, snatched/grappled). It then lashes out at Stig with its otherr claw, missing the large man. (AC 14, miss)

    Shwarto, moves back towards the door to the inn, now standing near Selena. The wayang casts Snowball and hurls it at the dragonnel striking it with the ball of ice and snow. (Hits, 10 cold dmg, fort save pass)
    (Shwarto, see discussion thread)

    The remaining townspeople flee from the creature.

    GM Rolls:

    bite vs jaqu: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 3 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 1 - 3 - 1 = 16 for 2d6 + 6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 1) + 6 + 6 + 1 = 20 - misses
    plus if hits snatch: 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 3 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 16 + 1 - 3 - 1 = 32 vs Jaqu CMD
    claw vs bystander: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 3 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 1 - 3 - 1 = 24 for 1d8 + 6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 6 + 1 = 19
    plus if hits snatch: 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 3 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 16 + 1 - 3 - 1 = 16 vs Bystander CMD
    claw vs stig: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 3 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 1 - 3 - 1 - 2 = 14 for 1d8 + 6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 6 + 1 = 21 - misses
    plus if hits snatch: 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 3 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 16 + 1 - 3 - 1 - 2 = 12 vs Stig CMD
    Fort: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

    Status Whiteboard:

    Health and Tracked Conditions:

    Selena:


    • Inspire courage

    Shwarto: (30 / 30)

    • Hasted - 4/4 rounds
    • Inspire courage

    Twikli: (15 / 15)


    • Inspire courage

    Stígandrr: (38 / 38)

    • Hasted - 4/4 rounds
    • Inspire courage
    • Divine Favor (1 min, rnd 1)
    • +1 to Ref

    Waseem: (33 / 33)

    • Hasted - 4/4 rounds
    • Inspire courage

    Jaqu: (22 / 30)

    • Hasted - 4/4 rounds
    • Inspire courage

    Shakaro: (35 / 35)

    • Hasted - 4/4 rounds
    • Inspire courage

    Item / Ability Usage:
    Selena: Inspire courage 1 rnd
    Shwarto:
    Twikli:
    Stígandrr:
    Waseem:
    Jaqu:
    Shakaro:

    Spell Usage per day:
    Selena: Summon Instrument,
    Shwarto: snowball
    Twikli:
    Stígandrr: divine favor (1pt)
    Waseem: haste
    Jaqu:
    Shakaro: Shillelagh, burst of radiance,

    Initiatives:
    --------
    Selena <---
    Twikli
    Stígandrr
    Shakaro
    Waseem
    Jaqu
    ----
    Draggonel
    ----
    Shwarto

    Creatures:

    35 dmg taken, dazzled til rnd 3 (dazzled: -1 att & percep, rnd 3)
    grappled, while holding bystander
    ---

    Round 2 -----------------------

    The whole first group is up in post order.

    Battle Mat

    1 to 50 of 567 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / River Into Darkness - GM Justaworm All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.