#4-23: Rivalry's end [Tier 6-7] (Gameday 4) - GM Rutseg (Inactive)

Game Master Balacertar

Current map

Chronicle sheets


1 to 50 of 393 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

You have been called by Torch, the current Shadow's Lodge Venture Captain, to his office in Riddleport. You have been told so far this is a top secret mission that requires strong infiltration and combat capabilities that will deal a powerful strike to one of the dearest enemies of the Society.

The Cypher Lodge is one of Riddleport's finest inns, and Grandmaster Torch currently inhabits its finest suite. When you arrive to the door of the suite you are called to wait while all your group gathers in.

This is your opportunity to place gather in roleplaying and character presentations.
Game will start with the Gameday 4 kick off 19 of September

The Exchange

male Tiefling Tomb Raider 7 Init +2 Perception +13, Darkvision, Speed 40ft HP: 54 AC: 21 (FF 21/T 13) (23 while raging) CMD: 21 HP: 48 AC: 20 (FF 20/T 12) CMD: 21 CMB: +9 BAB: +4 FORT: +7 REF +7 (+2 during rage) WIL: +5 (+2 during rage)

.

The Exchange

Male LG Half-Orc (Varisian) Inquisitor 12 | HP:95/95| AC: 25 (13 Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +12 CMD: 28 | F: +12, R: +7, W: +14 | Init: +7 | Perc: +15 SM: +25 | Speed 30ft | Bane 17/17, Judgement(x2) 4/4 | Spells: lvl 0=6, lvl 1=6/6, lvl 2=6/6, lvl 3=5/5, lvl 4=4/4 | Active conditions:.

Kleetus looks around with unabashed awe, absentmindedly tapping the dirt off his travel-dirty boots. His voice, barely a whisper, half-forms words as he takes it all in.

"Why didn't Ah git t'see this last time Ah wuz here?" He pauses, thinking intently, his tongue sticking out through closed lips as he squints hard. "Riiiiight. Stoopid frog-man."

How should I handle Kleetus having been "burned" by Torch in a season 5 3 part scenario? I don't have any preference.

The Exchange

Half-Orc Slayer lvl 9/ Hunter (feral hunter) lvl 1
Tracked Resources:
Boots of Speed 6/10, Mask 2/3, Orc Ferocity 1/1, Spells 1st 1/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Feather Step) 0 (at will) (Detect Magic, Guidance, Mending, Resistance)
HP 104/104 | AC 27 25 FF 22 20 T 17 ]CMD 31 | Init +6 | Saves (Fort +15, Reflex +14, Will +7)| Per +15, SenMot +7| Spd 30' Animal Focus Active: Mouse (evasion)| Effects Active: Flying / Cold Resist 5 (Barkskin)|

Unnvar walks very quietly toward the gathering group of Pathfinders. His black hood is pulled up over his head, obscuring most of his face. The greatsword on his back catches a bit of light, reflecting strangely on the walls around him. He takes a position where he can see most of what is going on. Pulls his hood back, and then says very low.

Unnvar reporting for duty.

The expression on his face is pained, as if he really doesn't want to be there, as if the weight of the world pushes down upon him.

Looking at Kleetus and Farg, he recognizes other members of the family when he sees them. Making eye contact with both and attempting to hold there gaze, he raises his voice just slightly, it has a husky tone.

Greetings Cousins, Cousin Guaril sends his regards.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human hp:93/93 Init: +1 AC: 16(ff16;T 10) Saves: Fort:12 Reflex:+5 Will+ 12 Speed: 50ft. Cleric of Desna 9 (varasian pilgrim) Title: Eagle knight) touch luck 7/7 channel 5/5 positive. (5d6 dc 16) Reroll 1/i

Jean-René Lamare enter the room where other await him. His breath is short like he had run a long time before coming here. With symbol of buttefly on his neck and his robe who look like you see a starry sky.

Hey. he says.

Scarab Sages

Male Init +5 Per +9 | AC 15/11/14 | HP 65/65 | F +8/R + 4/ W +7| CMB +6 CMD 17 | Fist (8/8 | Shape (8/8) | Selective Spell (3/3) | Spells: 1st | magic missile (2), mage armour, enlarge (2), prot. evil, feather fall | 2nd glitterdust (DC 18) , bull's strength (2), create pit (DC 18), stinking cloud (DC 18) | 3rd | heroism (2), haste, lightning bolt (DC 19) (2) | 4th | SM IV (2), Beast Shape II (2)

Archibald has spent several hours at the inn already, his ships crew eager to be rid of his complaining and cantankerous manner. Pointed hat down over his eyes, wizard snores in a prime armchair near the fire, resisting any attempt by the staff or patrons to dislodge him.

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male LG Half-Orc (Varisian) Inquisitor 12 | HP:95/95| AC: 25 (13 Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +12 CMD: 28 | F: +12, R: +7, W: +14 | Init: +7 | Perc: +15 SM: +25 | Speed 30ft | Bane 17/17, Judgement(x2) 4/4 | Spells: lvl 0=6, lvl 1=6/6, lvl 2=6/6, lvl 3=5/5, lvl 4=4/4 | Active conditions:.

Kleetus's eyes shone brightly as he walked up to Unvar and proceeded to hug him.

"Yay! It's sooo good t'have other members of the fam'ly around!" he bellows shrilly. Releasing Unvar, he steps back, hands clasped in front of him, as his gaze drifts down shyly. "Ah'm usually all' alone wid the other Pathfinders. It gets kinda lonely." he states sheepishly, his head bobbing forwards in a distinctly avian manner before looking back up. "This is already gonna be so much better den that other tahme I wuz here. Ah have become an expert on all things boat-related since then!!! Uh... At least... Aaaah... think so?"

He pauses for a minute, thinking, shakes his head before turning to try and face all those displaying , like him, a sigil of the Open Road upon their wayfinders. "Ah'm Kleetus. Ah'm Abadar Left Hook. Ah like to think it's meaner than his right hook, but Ah don't know f'sure." He bows and hold the bow longer than one ... usually would. And from the floorboards, you hear "Wow, dere ain't even no DIRT on this floor. Abadar is truly great!!!"


Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

One of the guards chuckles as Kleetus inspects the floor.

It seems the time for the meeting is arriving, as the guards become nervous, looking towards the door.

After some moments, the door opens slightly and the guards nods to a shadowy figure. They turn to you "The time for the meeting is approaching. Please proceed inside if you with so" and they make a sign inviting you inside.


Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

When you get into the room, flanked by his ubiquitous half-orc bodyguards and the weasel-faced Varisian businessman Guaril Karela, Torch speaks.

"I cannot overstate how dangerous Dorianna Ouidda is," the scarred Pathfinder begins.

"She wears many masks, and she uses them all to orchestrate the utter destruction of the Pathfinder Society. As a highprofile politician in Andoran, she blocked the Society's expansion into that nation. As a Gold Agent in the Aspis Consortium, she uses the Consortium's limitless wealth to frustrate the Society's business however she can. As the criminal mastermind known as the Spider, she engages in elaborate plots to frame the Pathfinder Society for her misdeeds. Ouidda even hired the Red Mantis Assassins to murder me, although I'm still a step ahead of those assassins for now."

"Dorianna Ouidda is one of the few people on Golarion who know the secret identities of the Decemvirate. She previously crafted an elaborate plot to turn a loyal Venture-Captain against the Decemvirate, and we suspect she is plotting to destroy the Decemvirate even now."

"Loyal Pathfinders have foiled Ouidda's schemes again and again. We arranged her arrest in Andoran, but she leveraged her political connections and escaped. The time has come for more drastic action." Torch gestures to the Varisian man at his side. "Guaril has a network of informants here in Riddleport, and they've identified the Spider's lair."

Guaril Karela smoothly adds, "I would say 'observant acquaintances' rather than 'informants,' but no matter. Ouidda owns a controlling interest in the Weaver's Parlor, a gambling hall in the Free-Coin District. She transacts private business from ancient chambers beneath the gambling hall, visited by only a few trusted associates. These chambers are accessed through a hidden door at the west end of the gambling hall's wine cellar."

Grandmaster Torch continues, "We know the Spider is in her lair now. Enter the chambers beneath the Weaver's Parlor. Capture Dorianna Ouidda and return with her here. Ouidda may have made notes about the Decemvirate or their identities, bring that information back as well. Let me stress this: Ouidda must be captured alive. We need to learn the extent of her information about the Pathfinder Society and find out whether she has revealed this information to others."

"You need to make haste, but don't want to rush past any questions you have. The better informed you are, the more likely you are to succeed."

The Exchange

Half-Orc Slayer lvl 9/ Hunter (feral hunter) lvl 1
Tracked Resources:
Boots of Speed 6/10, Mask 2/3, Orc Ferocity 1/1, Spells 1st 1/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Feather Step) 0 (at will) (Detect Magic, Guidance, Mending, Resistance)
HP 104/104 | AC 27 25 FF 22 20 T 17 ]CMD 31 | Init +6 | Saves (Fort +15, Reflex +14, Will +7)| Per +15, SenMot +7| Spd 30' Animal Focus Active: Mouse (evasion)| Effects Active: Flying / Cold Resist 5 (Barkskin)|

Unnvar glad to see his cousin Guaril is involved, almost seems to smile, but wait, no, it was just the way the light reflected on his face.

Do we know if there are any other ways in or out of the place? There's bound to be a back door.

He then sighs and follows up with.

What type of support do we think she has and does it matter what happens to them?

He reaches for the hilt of his sword and touches it, almost as if making sure it is still there.

The Exchange

Male LG Half-Orc (Varisian) Inquisitor 12 | HP:95/95| AC: 25 (13 Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +12 CMD: 28 | F: +12, R: +7, W: +14 | Init: +7 | Perc: +15 SM: +25 | Speed 30ft | Bane 17/17, Judgement(x2) 4/4 | Spells: lvl 0=6, lvl 1=6/6, lvl 2=6/6, lvl 3=5/5, lvl 4=4/4 | Active conditions:.

Kleetus entered the dimly lit room; an insignificant detail for him, but nonetheless he turned for an instant in order to make sure everyone made it in OK. Turning back, he came face-to-face with "Uncle" Guaril. For an instant, it looked like another awkward hug was going to take place, but Kleetus' self control reasserted itself. His right hand rose up to waist level, and an awkward, frantic wave was given complete with its' assorted excited smile.

You don't wanna make Unc' Guaril feel awkward again, 'specially in front of that one, he though as he turned to face Torch while he delivered his briefing. The ex-information broker's reputation was well-known to him, and his smile turned down a couple notches.

"So Ah'm confused. Are we talkin' 'bout three people here or one? And why does she .. or them... want to cause problems to us Pathfinders?"

Kleetus pauses, frowns as a slow forming thought passes through his mind, like molasses through a funnel. Gauging Torch's reaction he continues. "And why are they ... or she ... sending bugs after ya? Wouldn't it be better to git ac-tu-all killers t'git ya? Why try killin' ya?"

Kleetus actually thinks something is missing from this picture. He is stupid, but not dumb. So he would like to get a sense of Grandmaster Torch's motives. I'm going to include a Sense Motive roll: Sense Motive: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27. If it's needed great, otherwise, ignore it.

The Exchange

male Tiefling Tomb Raider 7 Init +2 Perception +13, Darkvision, Speed 40ft HP: 54 AC: 21 (FF 21/T 13) (23 while raging) CMD: 21 HP: 48 AC: 20 (FF 20/T 12) CMD: 21 CMB: +9 BAB: +4 FORT: +7 REF +7 (+2 during rage) WIL: +5 (+2 during rage)

Farg a tall and broadshoulkdered tiefling with somewhat savage appearance yet cultured demeanor stands at the back of the meeting room his arms folded over his broad chest and listens intently to the Q and A wih master Torch not quite chiming in yet but taking mental notes.


Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Karela gives a look of recognition to the three of his guys that has answered his call. He specially holds his look over Kleetus, then says "Grandmaster Torch here is the Venture Captain of the Shadow Lodge. As you know we are currently in an open internal war against that part of the Society. Torch offered himself to stop the menace and succeeded to control back great part of that defecting faction."

Torch nods "I believe Ouidda, also known as the Spider, wanted my head because under my leading the Society is slowly recovering the control of the Shadow Lodge, and it is of her interest for the Lodge to continue the war against us. I asked help to defend me in the past, it is now time to give a definitive strike to this enemy of the Society. As I said, she has even discovered the names of the Decemvirate, and this cannot be tolerated. We have to protect the Decemvirate by taking her alive and discover who else had reached to that knowledge"

Guaril continues the explanation, this time answering Unnvar "There is only one entrance to Ouidda hideout, and that access is through a hidden door at the west end of the gambling hall's wine cellar. It should be easy to go unnoticed through the hidden door, as the cellar should be empty of unwanted eyes. The most problematic point might be reaching inside the building and entering the cellar. But I count on you for that" Karela points at Kleetus at this point "As an expert gambler I guess you will have an easy time to convince the Gendarmes to access one of the games with one of your companions. From inside there, you might find a way for those of your colleagues unable to convince the Gendarmes to sneak in"

"As for Ouidda support" Torch interrupts "Do not expect for her to have anyone at her side. Ouidda doesn't keep any staff or servants in her chambers, as far as we know. If she counts with any support, it should be the type unable to betray her"

"Any more questions?" asks Guaril, looking at Farg and Archival.

Grand Lodge

Female (HP 40/40 | AC: 19 | T:12 | FF:18 | CMD:19 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5 | Will:+4 | Init:+1 | Perc:+6 | Speed 30) PFS#: 127063-3 Bloodrager 4

Standing silently as Guaril and Torch outline their mission, Acher finally perks up. "You talk about how dangerous this Ouidda is, then just go on about politics and planning. What about the woman herself: what's she capable of up close?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human hp:93/93 Init: +1 AC: 16(ff16;T 10) Saves: Fort:12 Reflex:+5 Will+ 12 Speed: 50ft. Cleric of Desna 9 (varasian pilgrim) Title: Eagle knight) touch luck 7/7 channel 5/5 positive. (5d6 dc 16) Reroll 1/i

Desna?... Why? Lamare thinks. I understand. Chance is needed on this side.

"so if i understand, our job is to go to this gambler den and kill the spider?"says Lamare. "By the way,"(Lamare takes out his headband) "does someone hit hard or a lot of time? I could lend my headband of fortune favor .Chance powers like my gift from desna are 6 seconds longer."

-Posted with Wayfinder

The Exchange

Half-Orc Slayer lvl 9/ Hunter (feral hunter) lvl 1
Tracked Resources:
Boots of Speed 6/10, Mask 2/3, Orc Ferocity 1/1, Spells 1st 1/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Feather Step) 0 (at will) (Detect Magic, Guidance, Mending, Resistance)
HP 104/104 | AC 27 25 FF 22 20 T 17 ]CMD 31 | Init +6 | Saves (Fort +15, Reflex +14, Will +7)| Per +15, SenMot +7| Spd 30' Animal Focus Active: Mouse (evasion)| Effects Active: Flying / Cold Resist 5 (Barkskin)|

Unnvar searches his memory for what he can remember of the Ouidda, or the Spider. Or if he's heard much about the Weaver's Parlor. If anything.

Know (Local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

The Exchange

Male LG Half-Orc (Varisian) Inquisitor 12 | HP:95/95| AC: 25 (13 Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +12 CMD: 28 | F: +12, R: +7, W: +14 | Init: +7 | Perc: +15 SM: +25 | Speed 30ft | Bane 17/17, Judgement(x2) 4/4 | Spells: lvl 0=6, lvl 1=6/6, lvl 2=6/6, lvl 3=5/5, lvl 4=4/4 | Active conditions:.

Kleetus turns to Lamare, smiling. "Yeah, Ah can hit hard. And Ah don't four-see no problems with receivin' Desna's blessins'."


Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Addressing Archer, Torch explains "She's known to be a persuasive orator who favors enchantment magic, but she isn't physically powerful."

"If you have nothing else to ask, you can proceed to your destination. I am sure you can recall more information in your way to the Weaver's Parlor. And remember to make any purchase you judge needed in your mission" finishes Guaril signalling the room's exit.

Feel free to proceed and go to your next destination once you have nothing else to deal with Torch and Karela. If you wish to ask about the Parlor, you can do so with Diplomacy (gather information) or your local contacts with Knowledge local

The Exchange

Male LG Half-Orc (Varisian) Inquisitor 12 | HP:95/95| AC: 25 (13 Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +12 CMD: 28 | F: +12, R: +7, W: +14 | Init: +7 | Perc: +15 SM: +25 | Speed 30ft | Bane 17/17, Judgement(x2) 4/4 | Spells: lvl 0=6, lvl 1=6/6, lvl 2=6/6, lvl 3=5/5, lvl 4=4/4 | Active conditions:.

Kleetus raises his hand timidly. Uh, yeah, why do we have to bring back the notes 'bout the Decemvirate's iden-tities? Wouldn't it be better fer us to destroy the notes on the spot? Them Decemvirate folk would sure be happy 'bout that Ah reckon"

How do you resolve assisting someone on a check? Because while Kleetus isn't a very diplomatic person, he's a hell of a helper


Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

"So we can study the notes to see from where he got it and whom else might have the information. Additionally, although we trust on you, as your supervisors we are responsible for the job being done"

If you do something helpful for the action, like for example adding some sensitive comment during a negotiation you can add a Diplomacy roll, if you get over 10, the one leading the negotiation can add +2 to his/her roll. In some cases I might limit the number of people assisting

Liberty's Edge

Male Human hp:93/93 Init: +1 AC: 16(ff16;T 10) Saves: Fort:12 Reflex:+5 Will+ 12 Speed: 50ft. Cleric of Desna 9 (varasian pilgrim) Title: Eagle knight) touch luck 7/7 channel 5/5 positive. (5d6 dc 16) Reroll 1/i
Kleetus Doherni wrote:
Kleetus turns to Lamare, smiling. "Yeah, Ah can hit hard. And Ah don't four-see no problems with receivin' Desna's blessins'."

Lamare also smile. "thanks! I will wait if someone has an another proposition but, you are first for now."

-Posted with Wayfinder

The Exchange

male Tiefling Tomb Raider 7 Init +2 Perception +13, Darkvision, Speed 40ft HP: 54 AC: 21 (FF 21/T 13) (23 while raging) CMD: 21 HP: 48 AC: 20 (FF 20/T 12) CMD: 21 CMB: +9 BAB: +4 FORT: +7 REF +7 (+2 during rage) WIL: +5 (+2 during rage)

Sounds simple and all. What do we do if the Spider isn't around or she does happen to escape?

Farg incuires of the Venture Captains.


Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

"We have good reasons to think she has not moved from that place for a very long time. Still, the fastest you move, the less likely she will relocate before you arrive. Also, there is only one entry point, and so, it is unlikely if she escapes. If it happens, it will be a terrible failure within your Chronicles, but try at least to gather as much information as you can in her place" answers Torch.

And so Guaril and Torch sends you to the gambling place with a greeting, there is little time to lose.

So this is time for you to RP within the group as you move to the new location.
If no one has to add to this scene or wants to do something in your way (buying stuff, discussing a plan, etc.) my next post will be in the gambling place exteriors

Liberty's Edge

Male Human hp:93/93 Init: +1 AC: 16(ff16;T 10) Saves: Fort:12 Reflex:+5 Will+ 12 Speed: 50ft. Cleric of Desna 9 (varasian pilgrim) Title: Eagle knight) touch luck 7/7 channel 5/5 positive. (5d6 dc 16) Reroll 1/i

Lamare talks to people on the way. Take 10 for 23 of diplomacy and than someone can help me.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

Male Human hp:93/93 Init: +1 AC: 16(ff16;T 10) Saves: Fort:12 Reflex:+5 Will+ 12 Speed: 50ft. Cleric of Desna 9 (varasian pilgrim) Title: Eagle knight) touch luck 7/7 channel 5/5 positive. (5d6 dc 16) Reroll 1/i

"Unvar, do you want the hat or can i give it to kleetus?" Lamare says.

-Posted with Wayfinder

The Exchange

Half-Orc Slayer lvl 9/ Hunter (feral hunter) lvl 1
Tracked Resources:
Boots of Speed 6/10, Mask 2/3, Orc Ferocity 1/1, Spells 1st 1/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Feather Step) 0 (at will) (Detect Magic, Guidance, Mending, Resistance)
HP 104/104 | AC 27 25 FF 22 20 T 17 ]CMD 31 | Init +6 | Saves (Fort +15, Reflex +14, Will +7)| Per +15, SenMot +7| Spd 30' Animal Focus Active: Mouse (evasion)| Effects Active: Flying / Cold Resist 5 (Barkskin)|

Looking to Lamare, Feel free to let Kleetus use it.

As Unnvar can't recall much about the Ouidda the Spider and he's not much of talker. He instead focuses on there plan at the Gambling parlor.

We might be less conspicuous if we go in, in groups of 2. My guess is the bigger problem will be getting all 6 of us into the wine cellar. Some of us might be able to sneak in unnoticed by probably not everyone. We might need to set up some kind of distraction. Anyone have a good idea?

Grand Lodge

Female (HP 40/40 | AC: 19 | T:12 | FF:18 | CMD:19 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5 | Will:+4 | Init:+1 | Perc:+6 | Speed 30) PFS#: 127063-3 Bloodrager 4

As they wander through the streets of Riddleport towards the casino, Acher looks around bemused. It's a wonder how much more lively and casual this part of Varisia is. Not miles away from the Plateau and they're carefree enough to waste away their lives and resources gambling. And this sity is one of the LESS lavish ones?

She shakes her head, before Unnvar's question snaps her out of her thoughts. "I may not know much about gambling, but I could be a bodyguard to a," She furrows her brow. "Dolphin? Is that the term for a big spender?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human hp:93/93 Init: +1 AC: 16(ff16;T 10) Saves: Fort:12 Reflex:+5 Will+ 12 Speed: 50ft. Cleric of Desna 9 (varasian pilgrim) Title: Eagle knight) touch luck 7/7 channel 5/5 positive. (5d6 dc 16) Reroll 1/i

Lamare turns to kleetus. "ok, you can have it." all temporary luck bonus will extend of one round and you have a luck bonus on saving throw of 1. It use the headband slot

"As for I, I don't think that telling my connection with Desna, goddess of chance, would be a good idea. So i could mask my symbol with others "lucky" items and just a friend with money who want to try."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Riddleport streets make homage to it's fame. Pirates and other sorts of petty criminals all wander free hold buy some strange sense of respect. The dirty alleys and the moody roads, contrast with the happiness of its inhabitants.

Lamare is the one who knows where to find a good target for a couple of questions, and while the group discusses the approach to the Parlor he finds a woman of doubtful reputation who explains him that "The Weaver's Parlor is currently holding a week-long gambling tournament for wealthy gamblers and only well-known gamblers or those with a large bankroll are admitted."

She gets very happy when he throws a couple of copper coins on her hands so she adds even more information "The other owner in the Weaver's Parlor is Gaston Cromarcky, the Overlord of Riddleport. Overlord Cromarcky shamelessly uses the Gendarmes, Riddleport's city watch, for personal events, so the Gendarmes will be providing security at the Weaver's Parlor." she greets the group and leaves.

The Exchange

Half-Orc Slayer lvl 9/ Hunter (feral hunter) lvl 1
Tracked Resources:
Boots of Speed 6/10, Mask 2/3, Orc Ferocity 1/1, Spells 1st 1/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Feather Step) 0 (at will) (Detect Magic, Guidance, Mending, Resistance)
HP 104/104 | AC 27 25 FF 22 20 T 17 ]CMD 31 | Init +6 | Saves (Fort +15, Reflex +14, Will +7)| Per +15, SenMot +7| Spd 30' Animal Focus Active: Mouse (evasion)| Effects Active: Flying / Cold Resist 5 (Barkskin)|

Hearing Lamare relay the details of what he has learned. Unnvar replies

That certainly complicates matter considerably, it seems are ruse must be even more elaborate.

Scarab Sages

Male Init +5 Per +9 | AC 15/11/14 | HP 65/65 | F +8/R + 4/ W +7| CMB +6 CMD 17 | Fist (8/8 | Shape (8/8) | Selective Spell (3/3) | Spells: 1st | magic missile (2), mage armour, enlarge (2), prot. evil, feather fall | 2nd glitterdust (DC 18) , bull's strength (2), create pit (DC 18), stinking cloud (DC 18) | 3rd | heroism (2), haste, lightning bolt (DC 19) (2) | 4th | SM IV (2), Beast Shape II (2)

"Hwa... Wh... Yes! Quite right! We're to see a weaver about a spy. Or a spider about a weaver. Or...?" the wizard begins. "My word, leaving already, are we?"

He claps Unnvar on the shoulder. "Not to worry old boy, I'm an expert on dead languages and experimental transmutation. I'm the perfect man for dealing with rambling driders. Just let me prepare my spells and we'll be on our way."

We could use Alter Self to steal the identity of a few gamblers for a hefty bonus to our disguise checks. Archibald's -2 charisma penalty is a bit of a hindrance, but we could always purchase scrolls (suddenly aware I cant scribe them in PFS, d'oh!) for Farg to use. I'll try to grab some appropriate buffs for the party. If Lamare doesn't prepare it I'll grab Magic Circle vs evil, and I also love heroism for it's long duration (but Farg can cast that.) I'm also packing haste and mass enlarge, as well as bull's strength. If anybody has any requests let me know in the discussion thread. :)

The Exchange

Male LG Half-Orc (Varisian) Inquisitor 12 | HP:95/95| AC: 25 (13 Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +12 CMD: 28 | F: +12, R: +7, W: +14 | Init: +7 | Perc: +15 SM: +25 | Speed 30ft | Bane 17/17, Judgement(x2) 4/4 | Spells: lvl 0=6, lvl 1=6/6, lvl 2=6/6, lvl 3=5/5, lvl 4=4/4 | Active conditions:.

Kleetus nods at Unvar's pronouncement. "It ain't gonna be easy, fer sure. Hold up.". He dashes up to the lady of the night. "Hiiiii. Ah heard ya talking to my buddy over dere'. You sure ya aint fergettin' nothin'?" he asks as he presses five gold pieces into the palm of her hand.

Diplomacy assist: 1d20 ⇒ 1

I have the season 6 boon #8. I have 30 gp remaining for the purposes of bribing my way through this town :P

Returning to the group with a handprint upon his face, Kleetus states: "Ah don't think she had nuthin' t'add. Anyways, Ah still have some friends that remember wut Ah've done fer them, and they give me a little change to make sure things go smooth. Think we can use some of it t'get some of us in? Otherwise Ah do have some cash Ah could flaunt, but Ah don't know fer sure if showing off gold in this town is a good idea. Besides'" he finishes bashfully, "Ah wuz savin' up.

I also agree that Farg would be the best recipient of that headband, but I hate to leave someone hanging for a reply.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human hp:93/93 Init: +1 AC: 16(ff16;T 10) Saves: Fort:12 Reflex:+5 Will+ 12 Speed: 50ft. Cleric of Desna 9 (varasian pilgrim) Title: Eagle knight) touch luck 7/7 channel 5/5 positive. (5d6 dc 16) Reroll 1/i

"let's see what is the fee to enter first. Maybe it is cheaper than we think. And the overlord just mean that we need to convince him of the danger if the spider."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

Male Human hp:93/93 Init: +1 AC: 16(ff16;T 10) Saves: Fort:12 Reflex:+5 Will+ 12 Speed: 50ft. Cleric of Desna 9 (varasian pilgrim) Title: Eagle knight) touch luck 7/7 channel 5/5 positive. (5d6 dc 16) Reroll 1/i

has for magic circle ok!

-Posted with Wayfinder


Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

The woman looks scared at Kleetus gold, she rejects the sum looking in dismay "I don't want to have troubles" and she leaves running.

When the group approaches the Parlor you observe a pack of city Gendarmes tightly guarding the building while the gamblers have access.

Lamere, if you have to add something to a message, you can edit it if within the last hour

The Exchange

male Tiefling Tomb Raider 7 Init +2 Perception +13, Darkvision, Speed 40ft HP: 54 AC: 21 (FF 21/T 13) (23 while raging) CMD: 21 HP: 48 AC: 20 (FF 20/T 12) CMD: 21 CMB: +9 BAB: +4 FORT: +7 REF +7 (+2 during rage) WIL: +5 (+2 during rage)

Farg has a wand of disguise person with 5 charges. Would a Kn. Local roll tell us anything about possible gamblers we could imitate? 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 If not we could also wait here inconspicuously to wait till someone leaves and then take on that persons appearance. Also Frag actually has a rank in profession gambler if that helps...

Farg studies the perimeter and listens while his companions discuss possible plans.

I say we observe here shortly. Perhaps we can spot local gamblers who leave the perimeter.


Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Adorned with carved columns, the Weaver's Parlor is a majestic wooden building with a soaring, peaked roof. Above the entry is a sign showing a buxom naked woman weaving a long scarf draped around her hips.

Small groups of onlookers crowd around the gambling hall's windows, but three Gendarmes-the city guard of Riddleport-interview all prospective entrants at the door.

Farg: K. local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Farg observes one of the guys that just entered is a famous gambler and he seems to have not had much problems to go in. Another guy you have played before in the Molten Rat tavern happens to go outside while you are observing the crowd "Nice to see you around Farg. They are asking you to show 2000 gold pieces cash in the entrance so they now you can really play heavy there. Although I have seen some famous gamblers they are going in with less cash" he looks at the rest of the group and then adds "I am going to have a break for the breakfast, would you like to come? They told me I can go back again. Before I had to trick them to let me in, because I had only half the amount, but it seems they can be talked out about the exact amount"

The Exchange

male Tiefling Tomb Raider 7 Init +2 Perception +13, Darkvision, Speed 40ft HP: 54 AC: 21 (FF 21/T 13) (23 while raging) CMD: 21 HP: 48 AC: 20 (FF 20/T 12) CMD: 21 CMB: +9 BAB: +4 FORT: +7 REF +7 (+2 during rage) WIL: +5 (+2 during rage)

It's okay I just got my paycheck. The money shouldn't be the issue. Farg replies calmly to his gambling buddy.

What about you boys. Are you game or you don't want to play with the big boys? The Tiefling inquires of his fellow Pathfinders.

Incidentally Farg has 4000 gold on him so that would prolly suffice for himself. Anyone else have cash on hand?

The Exchange

Male LG Half-Orc (Varisian) Inquisitor 12 | HP:95/95| AC: 25 (13 Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +12 CMD: 28 | F: +12, R: +7, W: +14 | Init: +7 | Perc: +15 SM: +25 | Speed 30ft | Bane 17/17, Judgement(x2) 4/4 | Spells: lvl 0=6, lvl 1=6/6, lvl 2=6/6, lvl 3=5/5, lvl 4=4/4 | Active conditions:.

Kleetus reaches deep underneath his armor to flash a pouch containing assorted gems. "Ah'd say Ah do. But maybe it'd be best if I wuz t' pretend that I was Archi's helper, carryin' his gold fer him, and Lamare wuz his nephew. Then maybe Lamare could talk us three in, then you and Unvar could talk your way in, if you an' Unvar are alright wit' goin' in as a gambler-bodyguard pair?"

I'm carrying a significant portion of the 11,000+ gp this character has as gems and such to avoid being weighed down by the gold.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human hp:93/93 Init: +1 AC: 16(ff16;T 10) Saves: Fort:12 Reflex:+5 Will+ 12 Speed: 50ft. Cleric of Desna 9 (varasian pilgrim) Title: Eagle knight) touch luck 7/7 channel 5/5 positive. (5d6 dc 16) Reroll 1/i

I have 1000. My last adventure was thornkeep 3 so.

"I can try but..."

-Posted with Wayfinder

The Exchange

Male LG Half-Orc (Varisian) Inquisitor 12 | HP:95/95| AC: 25 (13 Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +12 CMD: 28 | F: +12, R: +7, W: +14 | Init: +7 | Perc: +15 SM: +25 | Speed 30ft | Bane 17/17, Judgement(x2) 4/4 | Spells: lvl 0=6, lvl 1=6/6, lvl 2=6/6, lvl 3=5/5, lvl 4=4/4 | Active conditions:.

"Oh, and Acher can be another of Farg's guards. That should work right?"


Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

I guess that's a plan. I will go with it, do not hesitate to roll it back if you have to do something prior approaching the guards

As Kleetus, Archibald, Archer and Lamare approaches the entrance moving through the crowd, the gendarme's start to look at them. They stop the group when they are up to cross the door "Sorry, the room is only for gamblers. At least 2000gp cash is needed to play today"

The Exchange

Male LG Half-Orc (Varisian) Inquisitor 12 | HP:95/95| AC: 25 (13 Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +12 CMD: 28 | F: +12, R: +7, W: +14 | Init: +7 | Perc: +15 SM: +25 | Speed 30ft | Bane 17/17, Judgement(x2) 4/4 | Spells: lvl 0=6, lvl 1=6/6, lvl 2=6/6, lvl 3=5/5, lvl 4=4/4 | Active conditions:.

Kleetu's face dims, as he begins to pout. "Aw shucks. Do we really need to be flashin' that kinda coin around?" His right hand casually drops to the tiger mask hanging from his belt.

Diplomacy assist: 1d20 ⇒ 1

I am on a roll. Wow.

The Exchange

Half-Orc Slayer lvl 9/ Hunter (feral hunter) lvl 1
Tracked Resources:
Boots of Speed 6/10, Mask 2/3, Orc Ferocity 1/1, Spells 1st 1/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Feather Step) 0 (at will) (Detect Magic, Guidance, Mending, Resistance)
HP 104/104 | AC 27 25 FF 22 20 T 17 ]CMD 31 | Init +6 | Saves (Fort +15, Reflex +14, Will +7)| Per +15, SenMot +7| Spd 30' Animal Focus Active: Mouse (evasion)| Effects Active: Flying / Cold Resist 5 (Barkskin)|

Unnvar has the gold (over 5k), but is just as happy to play the part of Farg's bodyguard.

Unnvar waits on Farg to approach and joins him, trying to look like a bodyguard. If the guards don't seem keen on bodyguards, Unnvar will quickly change tactics.

If the guards say no bodyguards:

Unnvar looks at them with disgust. But quickly resumes his stony demeanor. And tells them. Well the boss here pays well, and I fancy some action myself. Shows the guards exactly 200 PP.


Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Just for your knowledge, you can chose Diplomacy, Profesion (gambler) or Bluff when you try to talk your way through their demand.
It of course depends also on how do you want to direct your dialogue.

The Exchange

male Tiefling Tomb Raider 7 Init +2 Perception +13, Darkvision, Speed 40ft HP: 54 AC: 21 (FF 21/T 13) (23 while raging) CMD: 21 HP: 48 AC: 20 (FF 20/T 12) CMD: 21 CMB: +9 BAB: +4 FORT: +7 REF +7 (+2 during rage) WIL: +5 (+2 during rage)

Farg casts Heroism before approaching. Lamare claimed to have the best Diplomacy so he should do most of the talking provided we need to do much convincing.

Gamblers ey? I'd say I'm less of a gambler and more of an investor. Here's my investement. Farg states plainly as he points to a rather massive pouch.
And he's here to look after it for me... the half orc adds as he points to Unnvar.

Aid another Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Male Human hp:93/93 Init: +1 AC: 16(ff16;T 10) Saves: Fort:12 Reflex:+5 Will+ 12 Speed: 50ft. Cleric of Desna 9 (varasian pilgrim) Title: Eagle knight) touch luck 7/7 channel 5/5 positive. (5d6 dc 16) Reroll 1/i

that give me + 17

Desna, please be with me.

"Only one of us is a gambler, we are here to encourage him. Also, Doesn't gambling is more about the fate of who win? And Desna is with this man. My lucky clover tell me. If he lose, he will still be with no money. Only a low fee is needed.

Also. We can also spend a lot of money when we are inside even if we are not gamblers ourselves."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33

Grand Lodge

Female (HP 40/40 | AC: 19 | T:12 | FF:18 | CMD:19 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5 | Will:+4 | Init:+1 | Perc:+6 | Speed 30) PFS#: 127063-3 Bloodrager 4

"Yeah! Plus the boss gives us a stipp-end to bet on sometimes. And I'm pretty sure I've got all your valley-rules down now; maybe I could win big!"

The large Shoanti smiles dumbly, thinking maybe playing up Varisian sterotypes about 'dumb Shoanti barbarians' might make her look like an easy mark for the house.

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The Exchange

Half-Orc Slayer lvl 9/ Hunter (feral hunter) lvl 1
Tracked Resources:
Boots of Speed 6/10, Mask 2/3, Orc Ferocity 1/1, Spells 1st 1/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Feather Step) 0 (at will) (Detect Magic, Guidance, Mending, Resistance)
HP 104/104 | AC 27 25 FF 22 20 T 17 ]CMD 31 | Init +6 | Saves (Fort +15, Reflex +14, Will +7)| Per +15, SenMot +7| Spd 30' Animal Focus Active: Mouse (evasion)| Effects Active: Flying / Cold Resist 5 (Barkskin)|

Unnvar seeing Lamare trying to talk the guards into letting the group enter. Attempts to help out as well, not really sure how it's going.

We clearly have plenty of coin, and other than the boss here, we are likely easy marks to loose a bunch of it. He points to Farg as he says it.

Diplomacy Aid Lamare: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15


Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

It seems most of the group had a lot of cash, good, that makes things easier then :)

"Good, but where is your money to play?" ask the Gendarmes. Lamare and Kleetus show their sum and appoint Farg and Archival as their bodyguards and helpers.

With a movement of their head they accept the new gamblers into the building.

Inside, many of the gamblers are eccentric, so those attending the tournament display a variety of styles and mannerisms. Several swagger about the way they earned their money thanks to piracy, dressing in gaudy clothing.

Your eye picks a notable gambler, a halfling sailor accompanied by a wiselooking
ape. Also it takes your attention a white-clad devotee of the Prophecies of Kalistrade, and a set of suave Varisian triplets.

Some minutes later, Unnvar enters followed by Archer after showing the first one his 5000 gp bag.

Harried servers and attendants bustle throughout the Weaver's Parlor, meeting the often-peculiar demands of the eclectic clientele with practiced smiles. Several Gendarmes provide security in the gambling hall, but they concentrate their attention on the gaming tables
rather than the comings and goings of the group.

Although some of the gamblers seem to look at you, the party feels free enough to move around as long as you do not reclaim attention. You have no clear idea of where the wine cellar might be.

Feel free to RP and discuss how to reach the wine cellar

1 to 50 of 393 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS GameDay 4] GM Rutseg's #4-23: Rivalry's end [Tier 6-7] - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.