#0-14: The many fortunes of Grandmaster Torch [Tier 3-4] by GM Rutseg (Inactive)

Game Master Balacertar

Chronicles

Current map

General map

People to visit:
Nasir Tandir (Overmarket near Candlewood and Zephyr)
Viraj Arpani (Overmarket)
Buri Buri-Ban (Sengali square)
Saldin Marafi (Secure market)

Statues recovered:

Copper cat
Silver centipede
Golden Giraffe
Iron eagle


1 to 50 of 321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

"Welcome to glorious Sedeq, Pathfinders. I trust your stay has been pleasant so far."

The speaker is a strikingly beautiful woman, slender and dark, dressed in the most modern Qadiran fashions. Her study is opulently appointed and seems to have mementos and trophies of past adventures covering every available surface. She favors you and your comrades with a slight half-smile and continues in her thick Qadiran accent: “I am Venture-Captain Yasmin Kal’al—I don’t believe we’ve been formally introduced.

You have been appointed into an urgent mission at Sedeq (Qadira). You are free to know each other or just consider yourself you gather in her office for the first time.
Time for further presentations and a bit of warm up

Liberty's Edge

Lvl 3 Human :: HP 36/36 :: AC 16 CMD 17 :: Fort +10 Ref +2 Will +8 :: Init +7 Perception +7

Ma’Huuk stands in obvious discomfort in the corner.

At nearly seven feet, he’s a massive Bekyar tribesman who looks to have just stepped out of the Mwangi jungles (smells like it, too). Everything about him—from his tribal clothes to his crude hide armor and rustic weapons to the carved tooth hanging from a leather thong around his neck—reinforces his savage appearance. Though the traditional Bekyar dreadlocks are absent.

His one good eye, the one not covered by an eye patch, follows the Venture-Captain as she moves and speaks.

The big man dips his head awkwardly. ”I am Ma’huuk,” he responds in a deep voice, with the halting cadence of the jungle Mwangi, ”I only arrived today. What are we here for?”

Scarab Sages

F Human (Kelishite) Magus 5 - HP 43/43 - AC: 18/T: 14/FF: 15 - Perception: +9 - Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +5 - CMB: +4; CMD: 17 - Speed: 30 - Init. +3

A young woman of Kelishite descent sits nearby, mirroring the Venture-Captain's smile with her own. Wearing loose clothing over her mithral chain shirt with a relaxed, easy-going manner and grace, she seems amused to be in attendance. A well-made scimitar swings from her hips, "It is an honor to make your acquaintance, Venture-Captain Kal'al. My name is Eva Uzair and I look forward to working with you in any capacity the Society deems necessary."

Sovereign Court

Female Gnome Druid / 7 | AC 26/13/25 | CMD 20 | HP 65/65 | F+8,R+4,W+7 | Init +1 | Perc+13 | SM+1

"Hi all! I'm Anne Katherine White," says a smiling gnome girl who is tickling a sleepy white tiger with her toes. "Here in Qadira I would have been Hannah, Hannah something, I like to use local names but I just came here so I really don't know them yet, but friends call me Kiti. This is Mimi,, she continues and taps the tiger with her foot. "You look like boys at home, but soo dark, where are you from?" she asks turning to Ma'Huuk, but without waiting for answer continues talking, this time to the Venture Captain: "I met Kyra who was from here, but forgot to ask the names. She was nice. What do we need to do today?"

Liberty's Edge

Lvl 3 Human :: HP 36/36 :: AC 16 CMD 17 :: Fort +10 Ref +2 Will +8 :: Init +7 Perception +7

Ma'Huuk opens his mouth to respond to the gnome, but shuts it again with a shrug when her attention quickly moves on. Comfortable being ignored, he watches the big cat with a curious and mixed expression.


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Yasmin nods at the Pathfinders and grins at Ma'Huuk and Kiti as they ask for more information about their business here "Well, let's hurry up with this as time is an asset in this occasion, and it was already good fortune your captain could send you here so hastily"

I am here as you are, by request of honored Venture-Captain Adril Hestram. I have been asked to brief you on the local situation as regards the Osirian artifacts. As you know, the smuggler Matzal Chaim moved the four statues out of Sothis into Qadira. The statues are supposed to be quite valuable and had been confiscated by the Osirian authorities for study." she moves her dress around like trying to amuse herself during the explanation.

"We are not sure how Chaim got access to the statues in the first place—he likely had accomplices inside the Osirian Cultural Ministry. At any rate, Chaim brought the statues here. Sedeq is his permanent headquarters, though he spends most of his time travelling abroad. When he is in town, he spends the lion’s share of his time on the Qalli." he observes your expressions then continues trying to clarify "While most of the city is given over to the human-chattel trade, the Qalli Spice Market is almost as lucrative as the rest of the city combined. Much of the money seen in Sedeq begins and ends in its stalls and processing plants. The saffron trade alone—” she brings herself up short.

But never mind, this is not of relevance to you. Chaim spends a good deal of his time at the Topaz Pavilion bathhouse. We believe that he uses it as a point of contact with his various associates. Once you find Chaim, you will have to convince him to tell you who he sold the statues to—yes, they are no longer in his hands, we are sure of that." finishes the woman.

"You might ask questions, but time is of the essence—if Chaim’s buyer sells to others, the artifacts may quickly move beyond our grasp. So let's try to hurry on.

Silver Crusade

Celestial Sorcerer 8 | AC (16)12/12/10 | HP 58/58 | F+7,R+6,W+9 | SR 13 vs. Spell cast by evil outsiders or with evil descriptor | Resist acid 5 & resist cold 5 | Init.+2 | Perc+3 | SenseMotive+1 | Darkvision 60' |

A young, pleasant looking aasimar tears into the study. "Apologies....got held up, and I missed my connection. I'm here now. I'm Reesa. It's nice to meet all of you.".

She grabbed a chair in the corner, and brushed her feather adorned hair out of her face. She could not think of others questions at the time. The mission seems pretty simple. Famous last words...

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter 4 / AC 25 T 12 FF 23 / HP 40/40 / F+7 R+3 W+2 / Init+1 / Perception+1

Arthrax had been standing over against a wall, arms folded over his chest. He stepped forward after the lovely woman finished her explanation, "This Chaim...is there a preferred method of dealing with him? Will he respond more easily to a friendly smile, or a threat of force? What is his trade? A bathhouse, you say? Ummmm..." The warrior blushes slightly, then chuckles.

After she answers his questions, "Thank you, Venture Captain Kal'al. We shall get right to it!"

The Exchange

Tiefling Witch 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 20 T 14 FF 17 | Ft +4 / Rf +5 / Wi +6 | Init +7 | Per. +7 (+5 w/out familiar)

The fire-eyed tiefling did not respond when Captain Kal'al asked for introductions, but absorbed the information in detail. "Captain, we shall go immediately to speak to this Chaim human." The androgynous figure's voice is grating and sounds distorted and alien.

Knowledge(local) to recall anything useful about Sedeq, the Qalli Spice Market, Chaim, or the Topaz Pavillion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Scarab Sages

F Human (Kelishite) Magus 5 - HP 43/43 - AC: 18/T: 14/FF: 15 - Perception: +9 - Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +5 - CMB: +4; CMD: 17 - Speed: 30 - Init. +3

"I am curious Venture-Captain, can you tell us anything about the artifacts stolen? Do they have any known magical properties?" Eva asks with curiosity.

Sovereign Court

Female Gnome Druid / 7 | AC 26/13/25 | CMD 20 | HP 65/65 | F+8,R+4,W+7 | Init +1 | Perc+13 | SM+1

"Oh, and we heard of the statues but not what they look like? Are they tiny, easy to hide, or big?" Kiti adds to Eva's question, spreading her tiny hands as wide as possible. Your dress is pretty. Spice market sounds nice, slaves are so sad. I once freed a shipful of slaves. Can we say we are pathfinders and looking for the statues or do we need to go sneakity-sneak? Do we need to be wary of something? the gnome continues her questions to the Venture-captain.


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Yasmin shrugs at Arthrax question "He is a smuggler, I guess you can deal with him using business persuasion... or other stronger means if needed. Just... let's try not to kill him, ok? We do not want problems with Qadiran guards. He seems to be trading with ancient relics. As you probably know the Ruby Prince reserves the right to declare as a 'national treasure' whatever found Osirion artifact, as it was the case for the statues. For some reason Chaim intercepted the statues when they were being readied to transport for the Blackros Museum in Absalom. That is most surprising to me, as he probably lack the contacts to have all that information. It will be good to discover whom provided him with that information, but it is not required for the success of your mission"

Jani:

You have a general idea of how the market works. It is a quite chaotic place were you can find almost anything. Although there are rule enforcers, they are not enough for the 'activities' around, so it is usual merchants pay for private guards or accept paying a percentage of their benefits to mafias for protection.
You have heard about Chaim, but you know little more than what the Venture-Captain just explained.

Turning then to Eva, Yasmin averts her eyes and says "They are magical artifacts of great power. We were expecting to study them further once at the Blackros Museum, but we have received message that someone holding them can summon dangerous creatures and control them. Of course, this is just a rumour and we don't know to what extend it is true. But anyway... we cannot risk the statues to fall in the wrong hands"

And answering Kiti "They vary between 2 and 8 inches tall and 1 to 7 ounces depending on the statue. They are a Copper Cat, a Golden Giraffe, an Iron Eagle and a Silver Centipede" she makes a pause and then looks at the gnome's eyes "Proceed as you see fit in each situation. Let Chaim know so he thinks twice before he makes this kind of dealings, but I suggest you do not let him know too early, at least wait until he cannot run away from you"

The woman takes a map from one of her office shelves and hands it to you "Take this, it is a map of the market, it can be useful for you to navigate. Here is the bath you want to visit" she says while pointing a building in the map.

"And now... hurry up, we do not want Chaim to sell those statues before we can reach him. And make sure you do not activate the statues, we are unsure of what kind of creatures can be summoned, nor cause other damages or hazards to the city. We do not want the authorities to send a formal complain to the Pathfinder Society for civil unrest"

Liberty's Edge

Lvl 3 Human :: HP 36/36 :: AC 16 CMD 17 :: Fort +10 Ref +2 Will +8 :: Init +7 Perception +7

Each time the discussion touches on slavery, Ma’Huuk’s face hardens, though he keeps his mouth shut tight.

Seeing if I can fish out more local info (about the same topics Jani asked about)
Know (Local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9; nope.

Ma’Huuk looks over everyone’s shoulders at the map. ”So we go to this Topaz Pavilion. Find Chaim. Get his information. Find the stones. Try not to die, kill Chaim, or anger the Qadirans.” He shrugs, giving a frustrated shake of his head, ”My head is hurting already.”

If it helps, try to hear Ma'Huuk talking like the guy who played Eko from Lost. :D

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter 4 / AC 25 T 12 FF 23 / HP 40/40 / F+7 R+3 W+2 / Init+1 / Perception+1

Arthrax nods absently at the beautiful Venture Captain's lengthy response, being in complete agreement with Ma'Huuk. "Alrighty, sounds like loads of fun already. Let's get this done, people!"

If nobody has anything else to add, Arthrax joins them outside, getting ready to go visit Chaim at the bathhouse.

Sovereign Court

Female Gnome Druid / 7 | AC 26/13/25 | CMD 20 | HP 65/65 | F+8,R+4,W+7 | Init +1 | Perc+13 | SM+1

"I'm coming! Where's my bag? Oh, there. Mimi, you are sleeping on my bag! Kiti says while hastily getting ready, and pushes the tiger aside to get her backpack. "So, there's the bag, and my club. The shield, it's easiest just to wear it. Hard to bathe with it," she chats and straps her red, heart-shaped shield on. "Come, Mimi, let's go to bath!" she calls, prods the tiger on the nose with her birch club, and runs out to join Arthrax. The tiger slowly gets up, yawns and follows the exited druid girl.

Scarab Sages

F Human (Kelishite) Magus 5 - HP 43/43 - AC: 18/T: 14/FF: 15 - Perception: +9 - Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +5 - CMB: +4; CMD: 17 - Speed: 30 - Init. +3

Eva nods in the agreement with the others and stands up to leave, "Yes, we should get started while the day is still young."

The Exchange

Tiefling Witch 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 20 T 14 FF 17 | Ft +4 / Rf +5 / Wi +6 | Init +7 | Per. +7 (+5 w/out familiar)

"Have you any idea what activates the statues, Venture-Captain Yasmin Kal’al?" Jani asks as they prepare to leave.


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

"I guess some command word or gesture by it's holder as most magical objects. We will need to further study the statues in a controlled place. But I do not advise to try activate it, as things might get out of control if they work differently as expected and cause a real problem here in Sedeq" answers Yasmin as you are leaving.

--------------------------
Ok, next events are a bit too much railroaded in the original. I have tried to add some spice and player interaction by use of the chase rules (the scenario predates those rules which might have made this more interesting), but do not be surprised your actions do not count a lot here to the end result. Take this as an interactive Intro Cut Scene.

After following the map and asking some questions around, you locate The Topaz Pavilion Bathhouse on the corner of Candlewood Street and Shackle Street, a scant block from the ramp down to the Central Market.

In front of the bathhouse the streets are full of pedestrians, merchants and clients doing their own business. As you approach the main entrance to the building you see a tanned man with curly hair leaning against the wall that might match the description of Chaim.

He looks back at you and hastily stands up with a scared expression. He stops one second to think there, then turns and starts running away entering into the bath house.

How do you react?
"Squeeze through the crowd" acrobatics or escape artist check
"Push the crowd" bull rush or overrun maneuver check
"Let him run" do whatever other action

Sovereign Court

Female Gnome Druid / 7 | AC 26/13/25 | CMD 20 | HP 65/65 | F+8,R+4,W+7 | Init +1 | Perc+13 | SM+1

That's him! Mimi, let's catch!" Kiti cries and jumps on the back of the tiger. Mimi looks around and tries to find a way through the crowd.

Kiti mounted, medium encumbrance for Mimi, speed 30, acrobatics +8-3=+5

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Liberty's Edge

Lvl 3 Human :: HP 36/36 :: AC 16 CMD 17 :: Fort +10 Ref +2 Will +8 :: Init +7 Perception +7

Gotta do one thing, here…

As the group leaves the Venture-Captain’s place and steps out into the daylight, Ma’Huuk looks across the street and shouts a bass, ”HOO HOO!”

There is a quick response, a sort of inhuman growling-chuckling sound as a human-sized, bipedal lizard-thing trots over from where it had apparently been waiting. (It's an allosaurus.)

The big man rests his hand on its side with familiarity, then bares his teeth over at Kiti and Mimi in what you assume is supposed to be a friendly smile. ”This is my friend. Moto.” He shifts to rub the creature along a section of burned, ruined scales along one side of its face, "It means 'fire'."

_______

How can we use an animal companion during chase scene? Do we roll for them in addition to our character’s roll? Or do we choose one or the other, as is more beneficial?

Silver Crusade

Celestial Sorcerer 8 | AC (16)12/12/10 | HP 58/58 | F+7,R+6,W+9 | SR 13 vs. Spell cast by evil outsiders or with evil descriptor | Resist acid 5 & resist cold 5 | Init.+2 | Perc+3 | SenseMotive+1 | Darkvision 60' |

Acrobatics 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Reesa tries to duck her way through the crowd, knowing that she had no chance to attempt to overpower any of the citizenry. That's be too mean for her, anyway.


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map
Ma'Huuk wrote:
How can we use an animal companion during chase scene? Do we roll for them in addition to our character’s roll? Or do we choose one or the other, as is more beneficial?

You can chose depending in the situation. In this case it seems fair you use your animal companion to open the path for you

Liberty's Edge

Lvl 3 Human :: HP 36/36 :: AC 16 CMD 17 :: Fort +10 Ref +2 Will +8 :: Init +7 Perception +7

Cool.

At Kiti's cry, Ma'Huuk and Moto rush forward, barreling through the crowd in pursuit.

"CHAIM! STOP! DO NOT MAKE THIS HARD!"

CMB (Ma'Huuk): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Scarab Sages

F Human (Kelishite) Magus 5 - HP 43/43 - AC: 18/T: 14/FF: 15 - Perception: +9 - Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +5 - CMB: +4; CMD: 17 - Speed: 30 - Init. +3

"Please stop, we merely wish to talk!" Eva calls out in vain. Naturally light on her feet, she athletically dodges and tumbles through the crowd to follow the running man.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

The Exchange

Tiefling Witch 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 20 T 14 FF 17 | Ft +4 / Rf +5 / Wi +6 | Init +7 | Per. +7 (+5 w/out familiar)

Are we within 30 feet? If so, cast Daze on him. DC 15 Will Save.


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

As only Arthrax remains to act, I will push the action. As we are a large group this is something I will often do to maintain the pace and challenge

The pathfinders are taken by surprise and barely can advance among the crowd in the street.

Concentration DC 15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Jani tries to cast a spell but she is pushed by a man carrying fruits and loses concentration.

Only Eva successfully reaches the entrance to the bathrooms soon enough to see what chamber is Chaim going, pushing clients, pillows and curtains, and even pouring a jar of juice as he runs away!

The rest of the team follows suit but a receptionist tries to hold the armored group "Please! We don't want problems inside the bathhouse! Stay your weapons and animals here please!"

How do you follow the chase?
"You better get away" -> intimidate check
"I don't have time for this" -> overrun check
"Ok, here they are" -> leave weapons hastily

Silver Crusade

Celestial Sorcerer 8 | AC (16)12/12/10 | HP 58/58 | F+7,R+6,W+9 | SR 13 vs. Spell cast by evil outsiders or with evil descriptor | Resist acid 5 & resist cold 5 | Init.+2 | Perc+3 | SenseMotive+1 | Darkvision 60' |

Reesa hastily plucks the dagger from her belt and hands it over. "I'll be back for this later," she calls out over her shoulder as she continues on after their quarry.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter 4 / AC 25 T 12 FF 23 / HP 40/40 / F+7 R+3 W+2 / Init+1 / Perception+1

Arthrax gets a very aggravated expression on his face, attempting to scare the receptionist out of the way. "Get the hell out of our way, now!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Scarab Sages

F Human (Kelishite) Magus 5 - HP 43/43 - AC: 18/T: 14/FF: 15 - Perception: +9 - Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +5 - CMB: +4; CMD: 17 - Speed: 30 - Init. +3

Not wanting to waste any time with receptionist, Eva tries to push her way past to follow Chaim.

CMB: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Sovereign Court

Female Gnome Druid / 7 | AC 26/13/25 | CMD 20 | HP 65/65 | F+8,R+4,W+7 | Init +1 | Perc+13 | SM+1

"Oh! Yes here you have!" Kiti says, and throws her scimitar, club and sling pouch to the receptionist, but leaving her shield and armor on in the hurry. "Mimi, stay! Oh, wait, I never taught you to stay. But you know this! Mimi, defend that one!" she commands the tiger, pointing at the receptionist. Wait you silly! We just want to talk!" the gnome shouts and darts after the fleeing man.

Liberty's Edge

Lvl 3 Human :: HP 36/36 :: AC 16 CMD 17 :: Fort +10 Ref +2 Will +8 :: Init +7 Perception +7

Ma'Huuk glowers at the girl, but tosses his weapons down in the middle of the reception area as he growls out a command to Moto.

"We do not have time for this. That man is a thief!"

Then he rushed off after Chaim again.

Handle Animal, DC 10: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

You rush over the receptionist totally intimidated by Arthrax. She stays back observing Mimi with a very scared face while the tiger calmly looks at her back ready to defend her.

After chasing Chaim through what must have been half the rooms in the bathhouse, jumping pools and slipping across slick tile, you enter inside a steamy room.

The body of Chaim lies on the floor below the steam, a bloody gash where his adam’s apple used to be. An
exasperated voice from further in the room exclaims, “’Think,’ I said, ‘before you stab.’” The steam separates, revealing two sweaty half-orcs in heavy armor, one looking abashed with a bloody kukri in his hand. A man sprawls luxuriantly in a small steaming pool in the center of the room. His visible skin is covered with horrible scars as if from badly healed burns.

Behold Grandmaster Torch, a notorious information broker who has helped the Pathfinder Society in the past—but always for a steep price.

Any reaction at your arrival at the scene?

Sovereign Court

Female Gnome Druid / 7 | AC 26/13/25 | CMD 20 | HP 65/65 | F+8,R+4,W+7 | Init +1 | Perc+13 | SM+1

"Hey! That's not nice! We wanted to talk to him!" Kiti shouts and runs next to the fallen man. "It's not nice to go stabbing people, you meanies. How did that spell go to stob bleeding? It's a bit late, but at least the head is still around," Kiti says, looking angrily at the half-orcs and then turning on the poor man trying to cast her meager healing spells. "And who are you? Wait, are you the flamy guy, they said you're always bathing. Well, that's all I can do. I really should learn better heals like the big priests. Why did you hit him? How can we now talk?" she continues, sitting beside the cut man fiddling him around looking for slightest mark of life.

Pathetic try at stabilize spell & heal skill

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter 4 / AC 25 T 12 FF 23 / HP 40/40 / F+7 R+3 W+2 / Init+1 / Perception+1

Arthrax stalks towards the half-orcs menacingly, his battleaxe in the ready stance. While the man Chaim was likely a criminal, they had just murdered him in cold blood. "Drop the weapons, now!"

The Exchange

Tiefling Witch 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 20 T 14 FF 17 | Ft +4 / Rf +5 / Wi +6 | Init +7 | Per. +7 (+5 w/out familiar)

"Torch," Jani says with a voice of scorn. "We had heard of your betrayal of the Society, but now you seem to be committing outright murder. We wonder if you have stolen the artifacts as well?"

-Posted with Wayfinder

Scarab Sages

F Human (Kelishite) Magus 5 - HP 43/43 - AC: 18/T: 14/FF: 15 - Perception: +9 - Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +5 - CMB: +4; CMD: 17 - Speed: 30 - Init. +3

Should we assume Torch betrayed the Society, or assume that did not happen yet since this is Season 0?

Eva observes the situation warily, but lowers her scimitar, "Pardon any perceived impertinence, but I would like some explanation for what just happened."


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

I did not know about a betrayal. Anyway Torch is not part of the Society. This events happens much earlier chronologically, unless your character has played those other events you describe

Torch continues dressing down the half-orc with the kukri until he notices you standing across the room and making yourselves known. He appraises you with a quick, sharp eye taking in your varied appearance, outlandish garb and visible weapons. Then he says:
Please forgive the mess—my bodyguard was a bit... overzealous in guarding my privacy. I recognize Pathfinders when I see them, though, and I’m always happy to be of service to the Society.” he answers to Eva.

Kiti is forced to rear back when the half-orc roars at her, leaving Chaim bleeding to death. Both of the bodyguard chuckles at the menace from Arthrax, not dropping at all their heavy weapons.

"I am glad my face and fame is so famous at Korthos island that even the lower ranks of the Society know me. Although I find your statement a bit to harsh even for a half-devil sir. I have a very healthy and fruitful relationship with the Society, even perhaps our interests crash at times" he says staring at Jani Lee.

"And... well... what are your business here? I hope you were not expecting to have a bath in such a rush and fashion" Torch smiles while doing this.

Silver Crusade

Celestial Sorcerer 8 | AC (16)12/12/10 | HP 58/58 | F+7,R+6,W+9 | SR 13 vs. Spell cast by evil outsiders or with evil descriptor | Resist acid 5 & resist cold 5 | Init.+2 | Perc+3 | SenseMotive+1 | Darkvision 60' |

"Like the others said, we were hoping to talk to the man you just had killed. We think he had information that the Society needed."

Sovereign Court

Female Gnome Druid / 7 | AC 26/13/25 | CMD 20 | HP 65/65 | F+8,R+4,W+7 | Init +1 | Perc+13 | SM+1

"He had sold our stuff to someone and we want it back. So we just wanted to talk and know who he sold to. Is the bath good? I could come later if it is," Kiti anwers Torch. She looks at Chaim sadly, sighs, and asks: Why did you kill him? We Pathfinders don't go around just killing people. How can we now find the stuff?"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter 4 / AC 25 T 12 FF 23 / HP 40/40 / F+7 R+3 W+2 / Init+1 / Perception+1

Arthrax glares at the two half-orcs and their rather amused reaction to his demand. He stalks towards them, axe at the ready, getting ready to cut the vermin down where they stand, since they seemed rather unapologetic for their actions. "Murderous scum, I gave you a chance."

Scarab Sages

F Human (Kelishite) Magus 5 - HP 43/43 - AC: 18/T: 14/FF: 15 - Perception: +9 - Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +5 - CMB: +4; CMD: 17 - Speed: 30 - Init. +3

"Perhaps it would more beneficial to the Society if we keep cooler heads, would it not?" Eva says with a brief look towards the bellicose Arthrax, "I do hope you had a better reason for your guards cutting that man down than mere trespassing on your privacy, Mr. Torch."


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

"Well, I admit my guards got a bit overzealous on guarding my security..." looking at the laying corpse the man in the bath resumes “Well, whatever you wanted him for, I’m afraid he won’t be able to provide it now. If it was information you were looking for, I’ve got all kinds in stock.

Liberty's Edge

Lvl 3 Human :: HP 36/36 :: AC 16 CMD 17 :: Fort +10 Ref +2 Will +8 :: Init +7 Perception +7

Ma'Huuk stands watching the scene, scowling suspiciously at the bather and his enforcers.

What has Ma'Huuk heard about Torch?
Know (Local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Ma'Huuk:

You have heard he is an information broker with lots of contacts you do not want to have against.

Liberty's Edge

Lvl 3 Human :: HP 36/36 :: AC 16 CMD 17 :: Fort +10 Ref +2 Will +8 :: Init +7 Perception +7

"If you cannot control your mutts," the massive Belkyar growls with a look at the half-orcs, "then you should leash them. It is your fault we cannot get our information from Chaim. Now you will give us this information."

Silver Crusade

Celestial Sorcerer 8 | AC (16)12/12/10 | HP 58/58 | F+7,R+6,W+9 | SR 13 vs. Spell cast by evil outsiders or with evil descriptor | Resist acid 5 & resist cold 5 | Init.+2 | Perc+3 | SenseMotive+1 | Darkvision 60' |

•It only seems fair that since you kept us from our mission, that you help us accomplish it now. Fair's fair. "

Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

"Well, it is certainly not my fault this crazy head human crashed into my room while I was calmly taking a relaxing bath. But well... what is the information you were chasing? I might be able to help, as some of you might know, I am good at dealing with information. What is the one you need?" says Torch while holding a sarcastic but truly interested look.

Liberty's Edge

Lvl 3 Human :: HP 36/36 :: AC 16 CMD 17 :: Fort +10 Ref +2 Will +8 :: Init +7 Perception +7

Does Torch look like he knows what all this is about already?
Sense Motive, on Torch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Ma'Huuk gives the bathing man a suspicious glare. "This man took four stones recently. Then this man sold them. You will tell us who bought them, and where we can find this buyer."


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

"Mmmm... this one here? Well, what kind of stones? What did they look like? Whom did he take them from?" asks Torch cryptic at the eyes of Ma'Huuk.

Silver Crusade

Celestial Sorcerer 8 | AC (16)12/12/10 | HP 58/58 | F+7,R+6,W+9 | SR 13 vs. Spell cast by evil outsiders or with evil descriptor | Resist acid 5 & resist cold 5 | Init.+2 | Perc+3 | SenseMotive+1 | Darkvision 60' |

"We believe they are statues of a Copper Cat, a Golden Giraffe, an Iron Eagle and a Silver Centipede. They were on their way to that Blackros Museum when he came into possession of them."

1 to 50 of 321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rutseg #0-14: The many fortunes of Grandmaster Torch [Tier 3-4] - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.