Starfinder Miniatures - Where are they?


Accessories


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well,
March came and went and no miniatures to be had yet. Any update?


Personally I'm really hungering for some miniatures myself. I've been building figures in Hero Forge in the meantime but those are really expensive, and they can only cover so many of the races. (Kasatha, Ysoki, and Shirren are just SOL on that one, and I can't give the Lashunta their antennae) What's with the delay?


can enough of us make noise at hero forge to get some alien heads ?

we can end-run paizo if they are slow


Egyptoid wrote:

can enough of us make noise at hero forge to get some alien heads ?

we can end-run paizo if they are slow

THEIR FAQ: The best place to submit suggestions if on our Facebook wall or on Twitter to tell us about features and parts you’d love to see. We look forward to adding more stuff and appealing to a wider audience.

https://www.facebook.com/HeroForgeMinis/

https://twitter.com/heroforgeminis?lang=en


I posted something on their facebook page asking for extra arms and alien heads/insect heads and antennae


Someone made a package of heads on Thingverse. It turns out to be realtively easy to swap heads in Blender. Four arms is more difficult, what an artist can ignore with loose clothing and lots of shadows isn't as easy with a 3d model.


I think the SF miniatures are lost in the Rift.

I am using Star Wars mini's as well as taking various horrorclix/heroclix aliens and remounting them on smaller bases so they fit the grid on my maps.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I stand by using lego minifigures.


Noven wrote:
I stand by using lego minifigures.

You are not alone.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

soulclaw wrote:

I think the SF miniatures are lost in the Rift.

I am using Star Wars mini's as well as taking various horrorclix/heroclix aliens and remounting them on smaller bases so they fit the grid on my maps.

The minis were created by Ninja Division. So you have to be a ninja to find them (or a pirate).


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Are pre-painted Starfinder miniatures something that's in the cards? I've seen them advertised (though unavailable) on a few sites.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Class Deck, Maps, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Yes. Ninja Division brought some masters around to Paizo the other day for final approval.

It’s going considerably slower than expected, but it sounds to me like they will release in the second half of the year.

There are four sets currently listed in the preorder section (the in stock minis are all unpainted, so you’ll have to click the preorder tab).


Well heroforge has ratfolk now, do there's that for Ysoki. They've also added a bunch of cool new tech items. Still don't have an outlet for Shirren or kasatha minis though


You can make a passible Vesk in Hero Forge by taking the half dragon and removing the wing-like ears. You can also make Nuar with the minotaur option. I was tinkering with a summerborn Ryphorian by taking an elemental or elf and removing the hair.

Nothing really there to make bug aliens yet, though. As far as I could tell.


Starfinder Superscriber

I've made something that almost looks like a goblin by taking the gnome and giving it the biggest ears and noses I could.

Grand Lodge

Reaper has a set of space mouslings in their bones line that might work for Ysoki. They also have "Jacques" in the bonesylvania set who might work as a Shirren.


I'm a huge fan of Legos, of course, but if the pawn sets just aren't producing the right starships and characters, you can always print out your own. For instance, for the one-shot I'm running Saturday:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=14osoO29XhanTUDfWfx8xVNa73OuqI4G9


? Kie estas la staraj miniaturoj ?

Dark Archive

What he said^


If you're desperate, Citadel minis can work, If you're looking for some things like Kasatha you can do some conversion work, Ysoki can use Skaven minis, Shirren can be a heavily converted Tyranid mini. Anything human like can use the Imperial Guard Eldar, or Space Marine lines.


As of now there are no Starfinder miniatures, I've been using mixed miniatures from Star Saga, Star Wars Legon (rebels), and other sci-fi lines. I know Star Saga's pretty inexpensive and I saw a video from the channel 20 Sided Knight that they're giving away Stat Wars Legion Rebels that might work in a pinch. I'll put a link, I think it runs until the end of May:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwqPO-9CT0A


For those of you with 3D printers we have been using dutchmogul for our Starfinder (Gravity Age) campaigns.

https://www.thingiverse.com/dutchmogul/designs

If you are looking for a good $200 or less 3D printer I have been knocking out miniatures with the Ender 2. There are some Starfinder specific STLs available for less than a single mini price.

#gravityage


Yay! The first set of Starfinder Minis should be shipping this month.


Danm, I manage a small comic shop in Canada and we have heard no wind of these models... I hope we get some retail versions soon so I can paint me some heroes for my campain!


Well, you can always do a late pledge and get some from the kickstarter.


Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Seems like there is some kind of quality issue with the shipment they got from China. Lot of people are reporting getting figs that are kind of wet and a bit mushy. Sounds like whoever was making the things rushed them out the door without letting all of them cure properly. Ninja Division has gotten real quite since the complaints started rolling in, so my guess is they are having a bit of a legal back and forth with the manufacturer.

Meantime I've been using some Relic Knight figs which work pretty well as substitutes


I've been receiving my batches of Ninja Division Starfinder Minis from the Kickstarter I backed. They're about on par with the Pathfinder Battles line by WizKids, and I'm mostly pleased by them, but they are definitely not on the level as the WidKids HD minis. They're fine, but I did receive the wrong bases with both of my shipments.

These figs will do for now, but I very much hope Paizo exercises a new strategy for getting minis into our hands. Minis should have been available long ago, and I wonder how much better this already great game would have been received with slick minis to go along with it. Additionally, minis need to be available in stores, as these days minis go hand in hand with promoting tabletop products. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall during the meeting that decided to go with Ninja Division over WizKids for these minis. I would like some prepainted WizKids minis, please.

I prefer 3d minis, but the Starfinder pawns are also good.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Class Deck, Maps, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Wizkids were approached but declined the offer to be involved in producing Starfinder minis.


I can't wait til technology comes up with a 3-D printer that paints too!

Maybe I'm asking for the impossible though!

I was wondering about why Wizkids wasn't doing the line, do you know why they chose not to?


Steve Geddes wrote:
Wizkids were approached but declined the offer to be involved in producing Starfinder minis.

Well, that's that then. I'm hoping mini production will ramp up and the minis will become more readily available soon. We're hungry for them.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Class Deck, Maps, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
ograx wrote:

I can't wait til technology comes up with a 3-D printer that paints too!

Maybe I'm asking for the impossible though!

I was wondering about why Wizkids wasn't doing the line, do you know why they chose not to?

No.

My guess would be that they were flat out with their other lines and that jumping in on an untested RPG would have been a serious risk.


Pathfinder Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber

It could have been several things.

They may as Steve suggested been to busy with other lines.

They may not have been convinced they could sell enough as Starfinder is a new game system.

They may have felt Paizo was asking to much given the above listed concerns.

Either way the mini's went to one of the worst mini companies in the world who has a tendency on bailing on deals and KS backers.

Its a shame, I was all set to go gung ho on Starfinder but between Paizo completely dropping the ball on the mini's and Hero Labs "online" except when its not, subscription based, but still have to buy data sets, online only "cause of starships", which haven't been implemented yet I bailed.


At this point I just want my money back. I pledged at the All-In level (or $435 total) and 6 weeks after the "Shipping started" email I have yet to receive a single blasted thing. I've been "in the queue" for shipping for 2 weeks now according to their customer service emails. What gives?


Sorry to hear that technarken. I was very on the fence when they ran the kickstarter because of all the negativity around that company so I decided not to back it. I still find it surpising Paizo who is pretty much second to none in the industry for customer service and reliability gave them a crack at the line.


ograx wrote:
Sorry to hear that technarken. I was very on the fence when they ran the kickstarter because of all the negativity around that company so I decided not to back it. I still find it surpising Paizo who is pretty much second to none in the industry for customer service and reliability gave them a crack at the line.

You think Paizo would be any help here?

Dark Archive

technarken wrote:
ograx wrote:
Sorry to hear that technarken. I was very on the fence when they ran the kickstarter because of all the negativity around that company so I decided not to back it. I still find it surpising Paizo who is pretty much second to none in the industry for customer service and reliability gave them a crack at the line.
You think Paizo would be any help here?

May i ask where you live?

So far only (some) north-american backers have received the first and second wave of the unpainted minis from the Kickstarter campaign as far as i have heard.

My local flagstore owner in Germany has told me he expects the four pre-painted packs in late august (they are supposed to be available at Gencon 51 (2nd to 5th august), let's hope that works out.

For the record, i don't like Ninja Division and think Paizo has made the wrong decision to partner with them.
But i hope that all the minis produced for the Kickstarter will be available as ppm minis eventually.

After that, i wish for Paizo to partner with a more reliable manufacturer for future SF minis.

Dark Archive

I just visited the Kickstarter page and from reading the comments, two Canadian backers have received a shipping notice 1 day ago.

The update #43 from may 31th announced wave 1, four weeks later update #44 on june 28th announced wave 2.
So i would expect update #45 to be made on july 26th and announce wave 3...


I am one of the two Canadians that posted. I am eagerly awaiting their arrival though a bit disappointed that only 5 models have been shipped while others are getting the additional models.
My biggest concern now is how are the tracking who gets what and when.
But at this point I'm just happy something is on the way.
Once I get mine I'll post my opinion on quality.


Marco Massoudi wrote:
technarken wrote:
ograx wrote:
Sorry to hear that technarken. I was very on the fence when they ran the kickstarter because of all the negativity around that company so I decided not to back it. I still find it surpising Paizo who is pretty much second to none in the industry for customer service and reliability gave them a crack at the line.
You think Paizo would be any help here?

May i ask where you live?

So far only (some) north-american backers have received the first and second wave of the unpainted minis from the Kickstarter campaign as far as i have heard.

My local flagstore owner in Germany has told me he expects the four pre-painted packs in late august (they are supposed to be available at Gencon 51 (2nd to 5th august), let's hope that works out.

For the record, i don't like Ninja Division and think Paizo has made the wrong decision to partner with them.
But i hope that all the minis produced for the Kickstarter will be available as ppm minis eventually.

After that, i wish for Paizo to partner with a more reliable manufacturer for future SF minis.

I live in North Florida, for what it is worth.


Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Maybe Reaper can take over at some point. Great quality, amazing even considering their price point on the bones series. I use their bones chronoscape for most of my campaign already.

Dark Archive

Torbyne wrote:
Maybe Reaper can take over at some point. Great quality, amazing even considering their price point on the bones series. I use their bones chronoscape for most of my campaign already.

Unfortunately both Wizkids and Reaper Miniatures declined to make Starfinder miniatures.

Personally i think, because they both already have existing sci-fi lines.
But i bet they didn't think that both the roleplaying game & the Kickstarter would sell this well.

Maybe once Ninja Division have fullfilled their promised obligations Paizo will sell the rights to a reliable company.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Marco Massoudi wrote:


Maybe once Ninja Division have fullfilled their promised obligations Paizo will sell the rights to a reliable company.

It's a non-exclusive license, so hopefully it won't take that long.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Who knows, maybe after a year or two if Starfinder is doing well enough these companies will take a second look! If not the pawns are fine by me.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Class Deck, Maps, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Cory Marion wrote:

I am one of the two Canadians that posted. I am eagerly awaiting their arrival though a bit disappointed that only 5 models have been shipped while others are getting the additional models.

My biggest concern now is how are the tracking who gets what and when.

I have zero confidence that they're managing to keep on top of this. They have no idea about their own schedule - no way they'll be able to track hundreds of backers individually and accurately keep track of who got what when. I fully expect that as soon as they declare themselves "finished" there'll be a barrage of complaints about what was missed and what was supplied twice.

It would be easier to be more charitable if they bothered to communicate. All they do is post cheerlead-y updates and refuse to answer questions - plus they keep promising one thing and doing another. They also gave out my email to a third party company without my permission who promptly signed me up to their junkmail list. That's supposedly how I'm going to find out about my shipping fulfillment (except the company in question posts such things on facebook which I'm not on, so I guess it's just intrusive advertising for me - what a great perk!)

It's a real case-study in how not to run a kickstarter.

Dark Archive

Steve Geddes wrote:
Cory Marion wrote:

I am one of the two Canadians that posted. I am eagerly awaiting their arrival though a bit disappointed that only 5 models have been shipped while others are getting the additional models.

My biggest concern now is how are the tracking who gets what and when.

I have zero confidence that they're managing to keep on top of this. They have no idea about their own schedule - no way they'll be able to track hundreds of backers individually and accurately keep track of who got what when. I fully expect that as soon as they declare themselves "finished" there'll be a barrage of complaints about what was missed and what was supplied twice.

It would be easier to be more charitable if they bothered to communicate. All they do is post cheerlead-y updates and refuse to answer questions - plus they keep promising one thing and doing another. They also gave out my email to a third party company without my permission who promptly signed me up to their junkmail list. That's supposedly how I'm going to find out about my shipping fulfillment (except the company in question posts such things on facebook which I'm not on, so I guess it's just intrusive advertising for me - what a great perk!)

It's a real case-study in how not to run a kickstarter.

You are righly furious about Ninja Division, Steve.

I can post the facebook updates from "Aetherworks" here if you want.
Their latest update from july 20th just states:

"Starfinder Masterclass Miniatures: All parcels have been sent."
I guess they mean the july shippment which consists of only a few different models.

In fact you don't need to be registered on facebook to check out their page (or others).
Just search for "Aetherworks facebook", open the first link and you can read the posts.
If the "register/log-in" message pops up, just close it and continue reading.
It will keep popping up again after you click on other posts, but you can just close it again and again and continue to read everything.
You just can't post stuff. ;-)

Don't let these guys drag you down, i think Paizo will make them ship everything eventually.

I hope you have a good time in the summer months and wish you all the best!

Community / Forums / Starfinder / Starfinder Accessories / Starfinder Miniatures - Where are they? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Starfinder Accessories