Pathfinder Memes / Goofs


Pathfinder RPG General Discussion

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder is such a weird thing to be really into because a huge number of the people who play aren't in the 'fandom'. You don't get too many universal jokes and the such, in fact, usually when you make a quick meme it is only ever going to be seen by the rest of your party or lodge.

The only real gathering place for huge Pathfinder nerds is here, and the forums don't support images (from what I've seen?) So how do I get all of the good goofs that I crave? What sites have more activity for this sort of thing?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Cassidy-Allison wrote:

Pathfinder is such a weird thing to be really into because a huge number of the people who play aren't in the 'fandom'. You don't get too many universal jokes and the such, in fact, usually when you make a quick meme it is only ever going to be seen by the rest of your party or lodge.

The only real gathering place for huge Pathfinder nerds is here, and the forums don't support images (from what I've seen?) So how do I get all of the good goofs that I crave? What sites have more activity for this sort of thing?

I honestly don't know that there is such a thing.

RPGs are social games, but they're usually played by small groups and cross-pollination is relatively slow as groups turn over. That's different from something like a multiplayer video game.

Worse, the overwhelming majority of joke/meme moments will be caused by the random things that happen at an individual gaming table. I can say "everybody but" at my table and get great guffaws but to literally anyone else, it means nothing. I can get laughs with "okay", if it's said right, but again, you had to be there. Both of these were consequences of roleplaying that happened here, inspired by our players. The best moments are.

Point is, the setting-universal "haha, something funny about Calistria" type memes/jokes will be incredibly overshadowed by the comedic material we all produce ourselves.

Probably about the closest thing to what I think you're seeking would be to read some game journals people post.


Once we made a joke party;

A transgender half-orc barbarian named Katelyn. "Does that great axe make my butt look big?"

A gnomish wizard named Chomsky

A gnollish fighter named Beyonce

And an alchemist named Krieger Sanchez.

Silver Crusade

Anguish wrote:


I honestly don't know that there is such a thing.

RPGs are social games, but they're usually played by small groups and cross-pollination is relatively slow as groups turn over. That's different from something like a multiplayer video game.

Worse, the overwhelming majority of joke/meme moments will be caused by the random things that happen at an individual gaming table. I can say "everybody but" at my table and get great guffaws but to literally anyone else, it means nothing. I can get laughs with "okay", if it's said right, but again, you had to be there. Both of these were consequences of roleplaying that happened here, inspired by our players. The best moments are.

Point is, the setting-universal "haha, something funny about Calistria" type memes/jokes will be incredibly overshadowed by the comedic material we all produce ourselves.

Probably about the closest thing to what I think you're seeking would be to read some game journals people post.

There are a lot of jokes that can be made with just the universal canon. I would share some if I could, but again, the only place to do so is a forum less sophisticated than Neopets had in the early 2000s. I love Paizo but as far as encouraging an active social community of players online, it is easy to see that the investment is not there right now.

I am determined that things can't stay this way so I am trying to get more active on here, even though it hurts my poor heart. I can't even <b> bold </b> things on here, much less post my latest Pathfinder edition of the Drake meme featuring Rogue vs Unchained Rogue.


Cassidy-Allison wrote:
Anguish wrote:


I honestly don't know that there is such a thing.

RPGs are social games, but they're usually played by small groups and cross-pollination is relatively slow as groups turn over. That's different from something like a multiplayer video game.

Worse, the overwhelming majority of joke/meme moments will be caused by the random things that happen at an individual gaming table. I can say "everybody but" at my table and get great guffaws but to literally anyone else, it means nothing. I can get laughs with "okay", if it's said right, but again, you had to be there. Both of these were consequences of roleplaying that happened here, inspired by our players. The best moments are.

Point is, the setting-universal "haha, something funny about Calistria" type memes/jokes will be incredibly overshadowed by the comedic material we all produce ourselves.

Probably about the closest thing to what I think you're seeking would be to read some game journals people post.

There are a lot of jokes that can be made with just the universal canon. I would share some if I could, but again, the only place to do so is a forum less sophisticated than Neopets had in the early 2000s. I love Paizo but as far as encouraging an active social community of players online, it is easy to see that the investment is not there right now.

I am determined that things can't stay this way so I am trying to get more active on here, even though it hurts my poor heart. I can't even <b> bold </b> things on here, much less post my latest Pathfinder edition of the Drake meme featuring Rogue vs Unchained Rogue.

What?

The system uses square brackets rather than angle brackets. The "how to format your text" section at the bottom of the post window is worth reading.


Cassidy-Allison wrote:
I am determined that things can't stay this way so I am trying to get more active on here, even though it hurts my poor heart. I can't even <b> bold </b> things on here, much less post my latest Pathfinder edition of the Drake meme featuring Rogue vs Unchained Rogue.

This forum uses a limited set of BBCode rather than HTML

There's a link under each comment box that says "how to format your text". Click the "show" button to see your options.

Silver Crusade

CrystalSeas wrote:


This forum uses a limited set of BBCode rather than HTML

There's a link under each comment box that says "how to format your text". Click the "show" button to see your options.

Thanks. I stand by the fact that the Paizo site doesn't do it's job well. Had a friend straight up tell me they were going to look into playing PFS but the site was too big of a confusing mess to figure out.

Anyway, this is about memes. I still can't share memes.


Cassidy-Allison wrote:
. Anyway, this is about memes. I still can't share memes.

You can't host images on this site, but you can certainly share them.

Use the url code to create the clickable link


There is the 'laughing elf' meme where the Pathfinder iconic halfling is courting a halfling lady and there is a laughing elf nearby. I think it got memed due to the dodgy art and expression


Only 'meme/goof' I know of is either Tabletop related or the canon map with goofball labels over the countries.


There are some PFS memes I see a lot. Generally about certain (coughDrendleDreng) venture captains.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder RPG / General Discussion / Pathfinder Memes / Goofs All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.