Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Quarterstaff and Scorching Weapons / Inner Flame?


Rules Questions


The feats in question specifically call for metallic weapons, so my question is... Can I use a metallic quarterstaff? For context, this is for the purpose of Pathfinder Society.


Nope.

Items without metal parts cannot be made from adamantine. An arrow could be made of adamantine, but a quarterstaff could not.


A Lantern Staff is made of metal. The Adventurer's Armory 2 hasn't been added to the Additional Materials page yet, but I think there is a reasonably good chance that the Lantern Staff will be approved. It isn't a double weapon though.

Grand Lodge

Gisher wrote:
A Lantern Staff is made of metal. The Adventurer's Armory 2 hasn't been added to the Additional Materials page yet, but I think there is a reasonably good chance that the Lantern Staff will be approved. It isn't a double weapon though.

It has been added actually. It's directly below the first Adventurer's Armory but they just messed up the title and it's just blank.

And yeah, the Lantern Staff is legal.


Lantern staff works, but annoyingly does not stack with the feats, so kind of not super useful.


Jurassic Pratt wrote:
Gisher wrote:
A Lantern Staff is made of metal. The Adventurer's Armory 2 hasn't been added to the Additional Materials page yet, but I think there is a reasonably good chance that the Lantern Staff will be approved. It isn't a double weapon though.

It has been added actually. It's directly below the first Adventurer's Armory but they just messed up the title and it's just blank.

And yeah, the Lantern Staff is legal.

Thanks. I was searching the page for the word Armory so it never showed up.


toastedamphibian wrote:
Lantern staff works, but annoyingly does not stack with the feats, so kind of not super useful.

They should work so long as you don't light the lantern.


Why would you not light the lantern?

Edit: I mean, the main benefit is the fire damage it adds, and enough DM's will rule "My weapon is physically and naturally on fire" to be an "effect that adds fire damage" so it will not stack with inner flame / scorching weapon.


toastedamphibian wrote:

Why would you not light the lantern?

Edit: I mean, the main benefit is the fire damage it adds, and enough DM's will rule "My weapon is physically and naturally on fire" to be an "effect that adds fire damage" so it will not stack with inner flame / scorching weapon.

In this case the main advantage isn't one extra point of fire damage. The benefit is that it is metal and so can be used with Scorching Weapon + Inner Flame.


Yes. But sadly they do not stack. You can still light it though.


Thanks for all the help, everyone! Unfortunately, the idea was to have a flaming double weapon in my lack of access to the Flamesinger Bard Archetype at the moment (never saw the appropriate handbook in store, and I have nowhere to download the PDF to), so I guess I'll just hafta hold off on that for now.

Given my character is an Ifrit, the only other option I'm seeing is the Elemental Strike feat, but I don't think I'll be shelling out almost $50 just for one feat. Oh well.

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder RPG / Rules Questions / Quarterstaff and Scorching Weapons / Inner Flame? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.