Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Is there a PFS-legal source for Ragdya as deity?


Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild

Sovereign Court *** Venture-Lieutenant, Netherlands—Leiden aka Ascalaphus

Yesterday I GMed for someone with a really fun vanaran inquisitor of Ragdya, and I have a vanara boon lying around myself. So now I'm looking for a legal source to do it myself, but I can't find any. Help?

Sczarni *****

Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Ragdya is legal from page 21 of Faiths and Philosophies (as part of the Vudran Pantheon). He is Neutral, but has no Domains listed.

The only answer I could come up with for an Inquisitor would be the Conversion Inquisition, since that's available to all characters regardless of Deity.


no domains for a deity=kinda odd

Sczarni *****

Starfinder Charter Superscriber
bobtheninja wrote:
no domains for a deity=kinda odd

Several deities fall under that category, actually.

Aroden, Razmir, and several other Vudran deities.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

Aroden is dead and Razmir isn't a deity.

Scarab Sages *****

Rysky wrote:
Aroden is dead and Razmir isn't a deity.

For the purposes of some traits and feats and such, you can still worship them. Although they cannot qualify as a deity for the purposes of a class that requires you to worship a deity.

*****

Razmir is charm, evil, trickery, and law.

At least he's able to duplicate those powers for his followers.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber
Tallow wrote:
Rysky wrote:
Aroden is dead and Razmir isn't a deity.
For the purposes of some traits and feats and such, you can still worship them. Although they cannot qualify as a deity for the purposes of a class that requires you to worship a deity.

I know the Devotee of the Dead trait (there's feats?), I wasn't saying you couldn't worship/venerate/whatever. I was pointing out one deity is dead and the other isn't a deity.

Scarab Sages *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:
Tallow wrote:
Rysky wrote:
Aroden is dead and Razmir isn't a deity.
For the purposes of some traits and feats and such, you can still worship them. Although they cannot qualify as a deity for the purposes of a class that requires you to worship a deity.
I know the Devotee of the Dead trait (there's feats?), I wasn't saying you couldn't worship/venerate/whatever. I was pointing out one deity is dead and the other isn't a deity.

fair enough

Sczarni *****

Starfinder Charter Superscriber

But, in the OP's instance, Ragdya is legal, and alive. He's even given an Alignment, so a PFS worshipper would have to be either LN, CN or NG.

The only holdup is Inquisitions and Domains.

The book doesn't suggest that Ragdya doesn't grant Domains or spells. The text is simply absent.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

*nods*

Sovereign Court *** Venture-Lieutenant, Netherlands—Leiden aka Ascalaphus

Hmm. I thought I'd seen domains for him at Pathfinderwiki but I was wrong.

Oh well. Back to Sun Wukong.

Paizo Employee ***** Organized Play Lead Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.

There hasn't yet been a source that provides deity information for Ragdya or most other Vudrani divinities. As a result, there's basically nothing in print to legalize in any way that would allow someone to select Ragdya for deity-dependent class abilities.

Sczarni *****

Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Hmm? Not even the Conversion Inquisition? Why not?

Sczarni *****

Starfinder Charter Superscriber

I could also imagine a Separatist Cleric that chose the Conversion Inquisition as their primary "Domain", and any other Domain as their secondary choice.

Sovereign Court *** Venture-Lieutenant, Netherlands—Leiden aka Ascalaphus

Shame there's nothing.. with the few teasers we've had I'm quite curious about Vudra nowadays. And after struggling with how to make vanara's aptitude for monk-and-other-lawful mechanics vs. Sun Wukong being chaotic neutral, it was interesting when I found out vanara where actually from hindu (~Vudra) tradition.


Nefreet wrote:
bobtheninja wrote:
no domains for a deity=kinda odd

Several deities fall under that category, actually.

Aroden, Razmir, and several other Vudran deities.

Aroden does have domains listed, however, in AP 100. No subdomains, though.

And Razmir... kind of has domains. Paths of Prestige has the Razmiran priest, who can gain the domain powers from one of the domains Razmir supposedly has (but not the spells, because Razmir's a faaaaaake).

Scarab Sages ***

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lau Bannenberg wrote:
Shame there's nothing.. with the few teasers we've had I'm quite curious about Vudra nowadays. And after struggling with how to make vanara's aptitude for monk-and-other-lawful mechanics vs. Sun Wukong being chaotic neutral, it was interesting when I found out vanara where actually from hindu (~Vudra) tradition.

There’s some Vudra info in Distant Shores. Nothing on Ragdya, but there are some other deities. Found a lot of great stuff for my Vudrani UMonk/Warpriest from Radripal, including a deity he could worship with favored weapon whip (Matravash) that isn’t a demon lord.

I’d love to see a dedicated Vudra book in the campaign setting line.

Scarab Sages **

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ferious Thune wrote:


I’d love to see a dedicated Vudra book in the campaign setting line.

So would I.

Scarab Sages ***

Belabras wrote:
Ferious Thune wrote:


I’d love to see a dedicated Vudra book in the campaign setting line.

So would I.

And PFS adventures actually in Vudra instead of just Jamelray.

When my Vudrani character went to Jamelray, he was very disappointed that the people there weren’t friendlier toward him. Must have been a different dialect they were speaking. (He rolled a zero on Diplomacy... Twice)

Liberty's Edge *

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I am anxious for when we get more info on Vudra, and Casmaron as well.

Sczarni *****

Starfinder Charter Superscriber
graywulfe wrote:
and Casmaron as well.

I had heard a while back that a book on Casmeron was coming, and that it was going to have prehistoric marsupials or something. I made a Gnome with an Australian accent in anticipation, and nothing has come yet =(.

Lantern Lodge *****

Nefreet wrote:
graywulfe wrote:
and Casmaron as well.
I had heard a while back that a book on Casmeron was coming, and that it was going to have prehistoric marsupials or something. I made a Gnome with an Australian accent in anticipation, and nothing has come yet =(.

Some people ride camels and some prefer mules

While others ride turtles and don't they look fools
But I curl up inside, just enjoying the view
As I ride in the pouch of a red kangaroo

Sovereign Court *** Venture-Lieutenant, Netherlands—Leiden aka Ascalaphus

The new Qadira book gives a peek at Casmaron. I liked it.

But a Vudra book would be awesome. Dragon Empires Gazetteer is one of my favorite PF books.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

To those clamoring for a Vudra/Casmeron book, I suggest buying and reviewing things like the Qadira, Jewel of the East, Distant Shores, and Dragon Empires Gazetteer and Primer.

THAT shows Pazio that people want more things like that, reviews and sales, more than just chatter on the forums.

The reason we haven't really seen anything like DEG (save for the recent aforementioned books) is because it apparently didn't sell well.

Silver Crusade ***** RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8 aka GreySector

Nefreet wrote:
graywulfe wrote:
and Casmaron as well.
I had heard a while back that a book on Casmeron was coming, and that it was going to have prehistoric marsupials or something. I made a Gnome with an Australian accent in anticipation, and nothing has come yet =(.

I'm pretty sure you are thinking of Sarusan, not Casmaron.

Sczarni *****

Starfinder Charter Superscriber

*facepalm*

Yes.

Liberty's Edge *

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Rysky wrote:

To those clamoring for a Vudra/Casmeron book, I suggest buying and reviewing things like the Qadira, Jewel of the East, Distant Shores, and Dragon Empires Gazetteer and Primer.

THAT shows Pazio that people want more things like that, reviews and sales, more than just chatter on the forums.

The reason we haven't really seen anything like DEG (save for the recent aforementioned books) is because it apparently didn't sell well.

For my part I have purchased 2 of the three books in question in pdf form at the least. My discretionary income is limited but I made sure to purchase the Qadira book. I generally don't leave reviews because I am not comfortable with how I express myself and generally question my qualifications to leave any kind of review. shrugs

Scarab Sages ***

I would add the Dragon Empires Primer to that list. I've purchased that and Distant Shores. I plan to purchase the Qadira book at some point, but I've fallen behind in being able to purchase Pathfinder material, so I haven't gotten to it yet.

I should really pick up the Gazetteer at some point, but even a book the size of the Primer would be great to have.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber
graywulfe wrote:
Rysky wrote:

To those clamoring for a Vudra/Casmeron book, I suggest buying and reviewing things like the Qadira, Jewel of the East, Distant Shores, and Dragon Empires Gazetteer and Primer.

THAT shows Pazio that people want more things like that, reviews and sales, more than just chatter on the forums.

The reason we haven't really seen anything like DEG (save for the recent aforementioned books) is because it apparently didn't sell well.

For my part I have purchased 2 of the three books in question in pdf form at the least. My discretionary income is limited but I made sure to purchase the Qadira book. I generally don't leave reviews because I am not comfortable with how I express myself and generally question my qualifications to leave any kind of review. shrugs

*hugs*

I stress about writing reviews too, but don't worry! You don't have to give an in depth breakdown of everything, just something like "I really enjoyed this" is enough. You might not even have to write that, I think you can just put the star rating though I'm not sure.

Sovereign Court *** Venture-Lieutenant, Netherlands—Leiden aka Ascalaphus

Two or three sentences pointing out the things you really liked or didn't, can make for a useful review already.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

*nods*

The Exchange ***** Venture-Agent, North Carolina—Charlotte aka eddv

John Compton wrote:
There hasn't yet been a source that provides deity information for Ragdya or most other Vudrani divinities. As a result, there's basically nothing in print to legalize in any way that would allow someone to select Ragdya for deity-dependent class abilities.

That's a bit sad.

This of course means we have a Vudrani themed Pathfinder Setting book in the wings, eh eh?

One can hope - we don't know much about them and I have enjoyed the dickens out of the Qadira book.

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo / Organized Play / Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild / Is there a PFS-legal source for Ragdya as deity? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.