Owen K.C. Stephens' Blog


Product Discussion

101 to 150 of 154 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.

New Posts!
The First Starfinder Post and
More Starfinder Magic and Hybrid Items


Canadian Bakka wrote:
I could delve deeper into what I found engaging and/or useful, but that would take up a lot of space here. Instead, I close out this post with a sincere thank-you and I wish you the best this weekend with the convention (and some much needed worry-free sleep).

Sincerely, thank you.


Owen KC Stephens wrote:

New Posts!

The First Starfinder Post and
More Starfinder Magic and Hybrid Items

Oooo...


3 people marked this as a favorite.

More (unofficial, third-party) Starfinder content.
Drones in Disguise
Some spells
And a magic air-horn


3 people marked this as a favorite.

New post, a take on the old multiclass concept of the druid/fighter


Beautiful. More of these, please!


That looks interesting, I'll give it that.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

New post: the return of the cleric/fighter/magic-user.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

New post: the first look at new Starfinder-compatible crossbreeds, with the aeshun.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

New post: more Starfinder-compatible crossbreeds, with the lashirren


2 people marked this as a favorite.

New Post: The monk/sorcerer hybrid Spell-Fist.


Hi Owen. My apologies if this question has been covered or if I'm posting in the wrong thread. I love your work and just discovered your blog and patreon. If I become a patron at the $20 level will I get access to all the previous monthly PDF collections? Thanks!
~John


Sadly, no. You'd likely get the past month or two, but the rewards are for ongoing support, so we don't make all past monthly pdfs available.

It IS all still available on the blog itself, and in old Facebook posts. :)


Owen KC Stephens wrote:

Sadly, no. You'd likely get the past month or two, but the rewards are for ongoing support, so we don't make all past monthly pdfs available.

It IS all still available on the blog itself, and in old Facebook posts. :)

Thanks for the response Owen! I completely understand. I became a patron at the $20 level today so I can get future PDFs. I'm a big fan of your work and If you ever decide to sell the prior PDFs to patrons, let me know because I would definitely buy them.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

New post, a fantasy pathfinder version of the sword, the yatagan.


Player Killer wrote:
I became a patron at the $20 level today so I can get future PDFs. I'm a big fan of your work and If you ever decide to sell the prior PDFs to patrons, let me know because I would definitely buy them.

Thanks for your support!

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

Yay! More swords!

Thankies!


Owen KC Stephens wrote:
New post, a fantasy pathfinder version of the sword, the yatagan.

While I know assuming is dangerous, may we safely assume that the damage die for a Medium yataghan is 1d4 and not 1d5?


Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Eric Hinkle wrote:
Owen KC Stephens wrote:
New post, a fantasy pathfinder version of the sword, the yatagan.
While I know assuming is dangerous, may we safely assume that the damage die for a Medium yataghan is 1d4 and not 1d5?

Assuming is indeed dangerous.

Fantasy Yatagan for Pathfinder wrote:
And while doing so, I thought I would continue to explore the design space created by using odd-sided dice (d5s, d7s, and so on) such as those available from Impact Miniatures.


Distant Scholar wrote:
Eric Hinkle wrote:
Owen KC Stephens wrote:
New post, a fantasy pathfinder version of the sword, the yatagan.
While I know assuming is dangerous, may we safely assume that the damage die for a Medium yataghan is 1d4 and not 1d5?

Assuming is indeed dangerous.

Fantasy Yatagan for Pathfinder wrote:
And while doing so, I thought I would continue to explore the design space created by using odd-sided dice (d5s, d7s, and so on) such as those available from Impact Miniatures.

I didn't even know those dice existed.

Thank you for letting me know.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

New post: the neural-network inspired spell song of doom goom


2 people marked this as a favorite.

New post: the spell undead agent.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Owen KC Stephens wrote:
New post: the spell undead agent.

Oh that one's just cruel.

PC "But we killed the lich ten minutes ago! He was blasting us with spells and we were blasting him right back, it was epic!"

Lich "That was a grave knight. This body might be, too. Guess you'll have to kill it to find out... Roll for initiative!"


Owen KC Stephens wrote:
New post: the neural-network inspired spell song of doom goom

It could even sound like this.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

New post: Return of the Druid/Magic-User!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

New post: Gelatinous Cube Companions

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

Jello buddy!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

New Post: Online Sites for Starfinder.

In less-direct-game-related material, there's also an essay on Why Kickstarter, a list of franchise mash-ups, and a timeline made up of cinematic-sci-fi.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

New Post: A Fantasy Tabar-Shishpar (real-world axe-mace) for Pathfinder

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Owen KC Stephens wrote:
New post: Gelatinous Cube Companions

Ooh, there's always room for jello!


I think the comments might be broken on the site for some reason.
It is telling me I am trying to duplicate my post but there are no comments on the article.

This is on the Return of the Druid/Fighter.

I am just looking at Natural Weapon Master and that looks insanely powerful.

Weapon focus now applies to ALL natural attacks they make. Improved critical and weapon specialisation can both be picked up. Improved natural attack could work as well depending on reading.

I think this is a very serious contender for some seriously awesome natural attack builds.

The weird thing I am seeing is that those 3 options above are the only options that would work with a straight level 20 strider. Or rather those are the only option that you must select a specific weapon and the strider would qualify for.

Martial focus could also work, but you might as well as select natural weapons as your fighter group for that.

Am I understanding this right?


J4RH34D wrote:
I am just looking at Natural Weapon Master and that looks insanely powerful.

It's certainly good. It's supposed to be, especially given you give up an arcana for it. But since you can't just take "natural attacks" for things like Weapon Focus, being able to apply that bonus to whatever natural weapons you have in a given shape is otherwise impossible.

J4RH34D wrote:

Weapon focus now applies to ALL natural attacks they make. Improved critical and weapon specialisation can both be picked up. Improved natural attack could work as well depending on reading.

I think this is a very serious contender for some seriously awesome natural attack builds.

The weird thing I am seeing is that those 3 options above are the only options that would work with a straight level 20 strider. Or rather those are the only option that you must select a specific weapon and the strider would qualify for.

Martial focus could also work, but you might as well as select natural weapons as your fighter group for that.

Am I understanding this right?

RAW, you couldn't take Improved Natural Attack, since it selects a "natural attack form," rather than a specific "weapon," unlike say Feral Combat Training which specifies you select a "natural weapon."

It would apply to Dazzling Display, Brutal Coup de Grace, the aforementioned Feral Combat Training, Greater Weapon Focus, and likely a few others are also choices. And, if you are using a hybrid class archetype off a blog, chances are you use other 3pp material, so there's no telling what non-Paizo options might fit that description.


Thank you for getting back to me.
I have always wanted a way to get wildshape on a more martial character and this certainly seems like an option for that.

I am laughing at the idea of a giant octopus with 9 attacks that crit on a 19-20.
Weapon spec gives them all a +2 damage and weapon focus for +1 to hit.

That is a 61% chance of a crit each round.

The class actually lends itself really well to a 5 level multiclass and then straight in fighter.

I think it is an awesome class/archetype. Well done

[EDIT] Did it ever cross your mind to have all effects that applied to a specific weapon work with all her natural weapons that are legal targets for the effect?
I think that might just be a bit too much though.
It opens some rather bizarre doors but that are pretty cool at the same time


I agree that would be too much. I could see having an ability that applied to some specific weapon-targeting ability and allow it to function for all natural weapons, but it would have to be on a case-by-case basis.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Eric Hinkle wrote:
Distant Scholar wrote:
Eric Hinkle wrote:
Owen KC Stephens wrote:
New post, a fantasy pathfinder version of the sword, the yatagan.
While I know assuming is dangerous, may we safely assume that the damage die for a Medium yataghan is 1d4 and not 1d5?

Assuming is indeed dangerous.

Fantasy Yatagan for Pathfinder wrote:
And while doing so, I thought I would continue to explore the design space created by using odd-sided dice (d5s, d7s, and so on) such as those available from Impact Miniatures.

I didn't even know those dice existed.

Thank you for letting me know.

Apologies if this is inappropriate, but if you're interested in said dice, Impact Miniatures is holding a kickstarter here for them and a few more oddball ones.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

New Post: And effort to create a prestige class for Pathfinder that makes the multiclass of any two classes a viable character build. The gestalt prestige class.


That looks amazing. Do you feel that getting 16 levels of abilities from two classes is the rough equivalent of one class taken to 20?


I know, I am late to the party.

Owen KC Stephens wrote:
New post which introduces the martial summoner, a summoner that keeps the eidolon gives up all spellcating for martial abilities.

I don't know if it was intentional, but this reminds me of animes like Shaman King and more recently Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It's very early days yet, but I've been working on a "weird west" setting hack for Starfinder, called the Really Wild West, over at my blog.

All the relevant articles can be found linked from this regularly-updated Index Page.


Kryzbyn wrote:
That looks amazing. Do you feel that getting 16 levels of abilities from two classes is the rough equivalent of one class taken to 20?

A lot of play with eldritch knights and mystic theurges suggest it can be. A lot of character potency comes from action economy, feats, skills, and magic items, none of which get duplicated by taking this class. And abilities grow in potency as you gain levels, so having more low-level options often isn't better than fewer higher-level options.

That said, with 37 or so classes (not even counting unchained or alternate classes), this has more than 1,200 possible combintions, and obviously no one will ever playtest all of them. So would a warpriest/summoner break the game because fervor and an ediolon cheat action economy restrictions?

Maybe. But I'd love to see someone test it out. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Another post for the Really Wild West setting hack for Starfinder, this time alternate campaign rules about Key Ability Scores and Resolve.

And as always, there's a really Wild West Index Page.

My blog is supported by the subscribers to my Patreon campaign.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

New Post: An archetype for the vaunted Science Agents!
(With short fiction and art)

And, of course, the Really Wild West Index Page has been updated.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

New Posts

Lithe Feat
Buff Feat


1 person marked this as a favorite.

A storytime post: The Deal With the Boomerang

New Post: Putting the “Steam” and “Punk” in Really Wild West


1 person marked this as a favorite.

New Post: Lightning Guns for Really Wild West

and

Really Wild West Dragon Guns

And you can link to any Really Wild West article from the Index Page


Would you please give us your version of Starfinder classes converted to Pathfinder? And/or rules on variant multiclassing for those classes? (Pretty pretty please?)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Well I already did the Pathfinder roleplaying Game version of the envoy

Is there strong general demand to see more of those?

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

Solarion would be neat.


Mystic, please!


agreed with Rysky solarian would be great

101 to 150 of 154 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder RPG / Third-Party Pathfinder RPG Products / Product Discussion / Owen K.C. Stephens' Blog All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.