Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Can you wear more than three rings at a time?


Advice


I know that you can wear a third ring by having a unique weapon called the Ten-Ring Sword, but are there other ways to increase the number of rings you can have active on your person.

I'm asking this because I really want to use as many of those summoning affinity rings as I can, preferably one representing each alignment. The character is a true neutral summoning caster; not sure what class yet.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yes. The hand of glory.

Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Reduxist wrote:

I know that you can wear a third ring by having a unique weapon called the Ten-Ring Sword, but are there other ways to increase the number of rings you can have active on your person.

I'm asking this because I really want to use as many of those summoning affinity rings as I can, preferably one representing each alignment. The character is a true neutral summoning caster; not sure what class yet.

The Hand of Glory allows you to wield 1 more ring, in addition to using Daylight and See Invisibility once each per day.

EDIT: ninja'd

Grand Lodge

If you dual wield 2 of the Ten-Ring Swords and wear a Hand of Glory, you could have up to 5 active magic rings, though you lose your necklace slot to the hand.


you could house rule it to put 10 rings on a neck chain ... wear the chain, get the benefits of the 10 rings....

Grand Lodge

Well, if you are talking house rules, anything goes...Play an alchemist and grow 2 extra arms, wear 20 rings and get the benefits of all of them...or just fill an entire bag of holding with rings and get the benefits of 10,000 rings.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

A meridian belt might assist you in your efforts. You can wear 2 extra rings and can switch to a different active ring as a Swift action which wouldn't impact your summoning shenanigans.


How about alternate ring wearing? Through your nose, belly button or on your toes? :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
MannyGoblin wrote:
How about alternate ring wearing? Through your nose, belly button or on your toes? :)

That can be done, but they're not considered "rings" anymore.


Ear rings is how my giant used to do it.


Meridian Belt lets you wear 2 extra rings but doesn't increase the number that can be active. You can spend a swift to swap which rings are active. Inactive rings are considered worn for attunement.


Summarizing:
dual-wield Ten-Ring swords
Hand of Glory in the neck slot
Meridian Belt


Can't you just get them made so that they don't take up a slot?


Bob_Loblaw wrote:
Can't you just get them made so that they don't take up a slot?

True, custom magic items are the easiest way to allow this.


Gallant Armor wrote:
Meridian Belt lets you wear 2 extra rings but doesn't increase the number that can be active. You can spend a swift to swap which rings are active. Inactive rings are considered worn for attunement.

The Men-ridian Belt allows three extra rings to be worn, but only by males.


Making them not take up a slot is actually more expensive (I think) than crafting additional effects onto existing rings - at which point you could technically have as many ring effects as you had time and money for.


Plausible Pseudonym wrote:
Gallant Armor wrote:
Meridian Belt lets you wear 2 extra rings but doesn't increase the number that can be active. You can spend a swift to swap which rings are active. Inactive rings are considered worn for attunement.
The Men-ridian Belt allows three extra rings to be worn, but only by males.

No mention of the Her-idian Belt, which allows both of the toe rings to be active, but works for females only?


well there is one other way,,,,, but I dont recommend it as it is expensive.

take 10 rings, 1 for each ring and have them enchanted for a set 0f 10 enchantments, but only function when all 10 are worn,

1:Ring of regen
2: ring of protection
3:ring of protection against alignment
4:2nd ring of protection against alignment
5:ring of resistant
6: ring of frost resistance
7:ring of fire resistnace
8: ring of acid resistance
9: ring of lightning resistance
10: ring of your choice.


Inscribe Magical Tattoo gives you 2 additional 'ring' slots.


Had a villian battle cleric of Zon-Kuthon that wore 5 rings on 1 hand and cut off finger(s) to swap rings quickly


Steelfiredragon wrote:

well there is one other way,,,,, but I dont recommend it as it is expensive.

take 10 rings, 1 for each ring and have them enchanted for a set 0f 10 enchantments, but only function when all 10 are worn,

1:Ring of regen
2: ring of protection
3:ring of protection against alignment
4:2nd ring of protection against alignment
5:ring of resistant
6: ring of frost resistance
7:ring of fire resistnace
8: ring of acid resistance
9: ring of lightning resistance
10: ring of your choice.

You just gave me an idea for a villain based on the Mandarin (the real one from the comics, not the movie one)


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

A much better list of rings (in no particular order):

Ring of evasion
Ring of feather fall
Ring of freedom of movement
Ring of greater inner fortitude
Ring of invisibility
Ring of mind shielding (or better yet, some kind of mind blank ring)
Ring of protection +5
Ring of regeneration
Ring of sustenance
Ring of telekinesis

These rings either grant you incredibly useful abilities, or will protect you from most of the nasty special abilities that most high level threats can throw at you.

Ring of invisibly and ring of telekinesis (or other activated ring) can be stored in the meridian belt when there is no immediate need for their abilities.


If you can forge your own rings, you can combine enchantments as per the rules, make a Ring of Climbing and Feather Falling, for example.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Yep. That's x1.5 cost for most rings rather than x2 cost of making the same effects slotless.

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder RPG / Advice / Can you wear more than three rings at a time? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.