Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

[Community Project] Wayfinder #18 Call for Submissions


Community Use Projects

51 to 100 of 135 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Contributor, RPG Superstar 2009, RPG Superstar Judgernaut

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I've got something in the works. Still half-formed at the moment, but it's a Weal or Woe (a faun and a gathlain) coupled with a possible bestiary creature write-up (still pondering that one), both meant to accompany a short, fey-themed side trek adventure.


...

<.<

>.>

Will Wayfinder stay Pathfinder only, or can we write Starfinder things too?


Is there a good way to peer review potential submissions with others before you turn them in?

Sovereign Court Wayfinder, PaizoCon Founder

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:

...

<.<

>.>

Will Wayfinder stay Pathfinder only, or can we write Starfinder things too?

Whoa, Drejk....down boy!

I fully suspect that #19 will be, at least in part, a Starfinder issue. Paizo should have enough official campaign setting material out by then for us to get fans to write to.

Also, I think we've sorta have to wait and see if Starfinder is covered under the CUP.... ;-)


Timitius wrote:


I fully suspect that #19 will be, at least in part, a Starfinder issue.

Wow. Breaking news.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm hoping, with the announcement of Planar Adventures for next year, that an issue on the planes might finally be happening.

But maybe I've just been thinking about that book too much. ^_^

The Exchange

I was kind of hoping for something Nidal/Shadow Plane flavored, given the newly announced Campaign setting book and the module out in November.

Sovereign Court Wayfinder, PaizoCon Founder

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Wayfinder #19 is just too far out on the calendar for me to start naming themes...or even to think out it. Wayfinder #18 is our prime focus, so let's not speculate on #19.

And I say I fully suspect Starfinder content will be in #19 because of the immediate questions I had at PaizoCon about it. Given the huge positive reception Starfinder has had at launch, I don't think I can dismiss it until #20.

But, again, we will see. Such a long, LONG way off. We'll talk more around PaizoCon 2019, OK?


I've got my submission almost ready, now that we are coming up to the wire soon. My first Bestiary article for Wayfinder!

NOTE: Any update on Wayfinder #18 and the physical copies being sent out?
I can't wait to see it in actual print.

Don't worry...I know these things take time.
=)

Sovereign Court Wayfinder, PaizoCon Founder

He'sDeadJim wrote:

I've got my submission almost ready, now that we are coming up to the wire soon. My first Bestiary article for Wayfinder!

NOTE: Any update on Wayfinder #18 and the physical copies being sent out?
I can't wait to see it in actual print.

Don't worry...I know these things take time.
=)

The list is in, Paizo CS has responded, and I'm told they are in the process of going out soon. Hang in there!

And reply to this thread to let us know when you get your copies, OK? I'd like to know!

Tim


7 people marked this as a favorite.
Timitius wrote:
He'sDeadJim wrote:

NOTE: Any update on Wayfinder #18 and the physical copies being sent out?

I can't wait to see it in actual print.

Don't worry...I know these things take time.
=)

The list is in, Paizo CS has responded, and I'm told they are in the process of going out soon. Hang in there!

And reply to this thread to let us know when you get your copies, OK? I'd like to know!

Got it Friday! Looks good!

=)

BTW...I have to thank you Tim. I recently got published as a paid author because of the Wayfinder! Check it out if you want to!

If anybody decides to buy it, let me know what you think.
=)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Congratulations! ^_^


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Congratulations! That's awesome!

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Class Deck, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Timitius wrote:
He'sDeadJim wrote:

I've got my submission almost ready, now that we are coming up to the wire soon. My first Bestiary article for Wayfinder!

NOTE: Any update on Wayfinder #18 and the physical copies being sent out?
I can't wait to see it in actual print.

Don't worry...I know these things take time.
=)

The list is in, Paizo CS has responded, and I'm told they are in the process of going out soon. Hang in there!

And reply to this thread to let us know when you get your copies, OK? I'd like to know!

Tim

Oh, I almost forgot - I got my copy!

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8

Ah yes, I got my copy of 17 too--I physically received it this week, but I think it arrived while I was out sick (of course -- had it delivered to my office).

Shadow Lodge

DeathQuaker wrote:
Ah yes, I got my copy of 17 too--I physically received it this week, but I think it arrived while I was out sick (of course -- had it delivered to my office).

I was in 17, but I don't think Paizo has a physical address for me. How do I get one?

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8

Kerney wrote:
DeathQuaker wrote:
Ah yes, I got my copy of 17 too--I physically received it this week, but I think it arrived while I was out sick (of course -- had it delivered to my office).
I was in 17, but I don't think Paizo has a physical address for me. How do I get one?

You should have gotten an email from Wayfinder's editors asking for your address, I think.

But for the record I think if you have an account here (you do, since you posted from it), you can edit your account and shipping information even if you've never ordered anything physical to be shipped.

Sovereign Court Wayfinder, PaizoCon Founder

Kerney wrote:
DeathQuaker wrote:
Ah yes, I got my copy of 17 too--I physically received it this week, but I think it arrived while I was out sick (of course -- had it delivered to my office).
I was in 17, but I don't think Paizo has a physical address for me. How do I get one?

I emailed out a Google survey back in June. You don't need an account with Paizo, per se. I just needed info from everyone interested in getting a contributor copy, to supply to Paizo.

Kerney, you were on that email list. Sent June 16th. Reminder notice on July 17th. You didn't take the survey, though, so I didn't get your info.

Sovereign Court Wayfinder, PaizoCon Founder

1 person marked this as a favorite.
He'sDeadJim wrote:


Got it Friday! Looks good!
=)

BTW...I have to thank you Tim. I recently got published as a paid author because of the Wayfinder! Check it out if you want to!

If anybody decides to buy it, let me know what you think.
=)

You are most welcome! That's what this is all about folks. This always makes me happy.

I'm going to set up a survey at some point here soon, and ask all of our contributors if their Wayfinder work led to a freelance opportunity. I'm really curious as to the success rate for our "alumni".


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Both of my Submissions/Article for issue 18 are sent (seperately).

And I have also received my Issue 17 today :)

EDIT: The 2nd submission had a slight error and has been resubmitted. Sorry about that.

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 4

Going to be working on one or two articles over the next couple weeks.

Also wanted to say I received my hard copy of #17 and it's amazing to see it in print. Thank you so much for putting these together.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Got two sent in so far, hopefully get another one in there before the deadline assuming time permits.


Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be able to do more than my current submission. Fortunately, it's for similar reasons to He'sDeadJim - thanks to Wayfinder, I've started getting paid writing gigs!

Without the issue 18 prompt pushing me to work on design (and netting me a polished writing sample in the process) I wouldn't be where I'm at. Thanks for the opportunity, Tim and Wayfinder crew, and thanks to everyone else who offered advice and critiques!


Reduxist wrote:
Is there a good way to peer review potential submissions with others before you turn them in?

Sent you a PM!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Reduxist wrote:
Is there a good way to peer review potential submissions with others before you turn them in?

I would be willing to read over anyone's work, in exchange they do the same.

I have a short story written at 1570 words that I would love for someone to review.


lhudek wrote:


I would be willing to read over anyone's work, in exchange they do the same.

I have a short story written at 1570 words that I would love for someone to review.

Check your PMs too~

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Tales Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Ok, I think I have a couple of ideas worth submitting...

[cue minor panic /]

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Hey Timitius!
Is the artist deadline the same as the writer deadline?
I'm open for accompanying art, if anything is still available.
Have fun, everyone! The last one was the best yet!

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Just wanted to say thank you for the print copy of #17.

Sovereign Court Wayfinder, PaizoCon Founder

benthic wrote:

Hey Timitius!

Is the artist deadline the same as the writer deadline?
I'm open for accompanying art, if anything is still available.
Have fun, everyone! The last one was the best yet!

Oh, No No No No No.

Artists don't get started until we pick the articles!

The way this usually goes is expect an email asking if you are interested and available to illustrate for this issue around late October. That's me assembling our art roster for the issue.

So, after October 31, give us about 2 weeks to select the articles and then art assignments will go out. After that, I try to give artists at least 6 weeks or so to complete assignments.

And if you AREN'T on the roster, but want to be, then you need to email me a link to your gallery so I can look at your work and style, and decide if you'll be a good fit for this issue and its content.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I just finished writing and submitting mine, thanks to Andrew for helping out!

Is it ok to share an open document link of what we submit on here?


lhudek wrote:

I just finished writing and submitting mine, thanks to Andrew for helping out!

Is it ok to share an open document link of what we submit on here?

It would be better if you don't, it could play against you.

Now once they announced who is selected and who, sadly, did not made the cut, it all depends on which side you are.
- If you made the cut: don't. We'll see it in the magazine;
- If you didn't make the cut: post it in the HOMEBREW section and link it here to redirect people to it, if they wish to look at it.

That's my plan, in case one or both submissions doesn'the make it.


Got a couple submissions in mind, but need to touch them up for Golarion, as I wrote them as setting neutral at first. Fingers crossed people like them!


QUESTION REGARDING FOOTNOTES....

I'm working on a flavor piece that mentions fey from several sources (the Bestiaries, a Pathfinder Campaign Setting book, and even an Adventure Path volume). Is there some standard I should be using to make things easier for the editors should the submission get accepted?

A quick pass through parts of Wayfinder #17 shows references to Bestiaries written out in parentheses (Bestiary 6) and an Adventure Path reference in superscript (AP #57). Should I stick with these? The multiple Bestiary parenthetical references seem quite repetitive, break up the prose, and tend to run up the word count.

P.S. - Got my physical copy of Wayfinder #17 around the same time He'sDeadJim got his; it looks Arr!-some!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
GM Piratey Steve wrote:

QUESTION REGARDING FOOTNOTES....

I'm working on a flavor piece that mentions fey from several sources (the Bestiaries, a Pathfinder Campaign Setting book, and even an Adventure Path volume). Is there some standard I should be using to make things easier for the editors should the submission get accepted?

A quick pass through parts of Wayfinder #17 shows references to Bestiaries written out in parentheses (Bestiary 6) and an Adventure Path reference in superscript (AP #57). Should I stick with these? The multiple Bestiary parenthetical references seem quite repetitive, break up the prose, and tend to run up the word count.

P.S. - Got my physical copy of Wayfinder #17 around the same time He'sDeadJim got his; it looks Arr!-some!

The best thing to do for us is actually to leave us good notes using comments in Word. Then we can figure out if things actually need to be referenced or not. If you're not using rules elements, we often only include references for particularly obscure things.


Thanks for the quick response, Eric.

Hadn't ever used comments before Wayfinder #17 and haven't used 'em since! Makes perfect sense, though. Hopefully I'll remember how that feature works; seems to me it was pretty simple and intuitive.

Liberty's Edge

Timitius wrote:


I fully suspect that #19 will be, at least in part, a Starfinder issue. Paizo should have enough official campaign setting material out by then for us to get fans to write to.

Also, I think we've sorta have to wait and see if Starfinder is covered under the CUP.... ;-)

I hope not...

Not a SCI-FI fan...
I am sure there is still enough Fan Based stuff to have Separate Issues.

Scarab Sages

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

Got two songs written and checked over.
Just need to add some linking text, to give context.

If you like toe-tapping songs of decapitations and inter-species mental domination, you'll be sorted.

Is 'sanguineous' a word?
If it wasn't, it jolly well is now!


Question:

Will we receive an email notifying us that our submission was received?


Submission is in! Hope I hear from you soon!

Sovereign Court Wayfinder, PaizoCon Founder

1 person marked this as a favorite.

TWO WEEKS.

We have 27 submissions so far.

50 more, and I'll feel better. 75 more and I'll be a happy Editor in Chief.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm tossing around a few ideas. ^_^

The only one I'm dead certain about is a follow-up to my Fey Boons and Banes article in Prisoners of the Blight. Assuming I can stuff it into a submission's length, anyway...


If I haven't hit my limit of three submissions, can I send another, or do they need to all be in the same email? I thought I wouldn't have time to finish an entry but some time cleared up.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Davic The Grey wrote:
If I haven't hit my limit of three submissions, can I send another, or do they need to all be in the same email? I thought I wouldn't have time to finish an entry but some time cleared up.

I've always sent mine individually and they haven't seemed to mind.

(If they do, uh...sorry, Tim and co.!)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I have sent in my first submission yay.

Sovereign Court Wayfinder, PaizoCon Founder

We have no preference on whether you email your entries together or individually. Only that you send them, and only 3!

And they have to be separate files. Even your Bestiary creature entries. 1 monster per file.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
GM Piratey Steve wrote:
Hadn't ever used comments before Wayfinder #17 and haven't used 'em since! Makes perfect sense, though. Hopefully I'll remember how that feature works; seems to me it was pretty simple and intuitive.

For what it's worth, I use comments pretty extensively in my game writing. It's a great way to "show work" in stat blocks, offer comparisons for spells or items, or even let your editor/developer know why you've written/done something the way you have. I highly recommend them as a useful part of your work.

--

Also, I'm working on a Bestiary entry. I'd hoped to have more, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Unless Isabelle wants to write them for me again, like last time. :)


You know where to find me. ^_^

(Especially since I'm no longer under the heavy weight of past projects. That's what happened with the last email...)


Judging by this thread, it looks like a lot of people are doing bestiary entries. (I did one too.)

Hopefully that just means an extra large bestiary section! Lol.

51 to 100 of 135 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo / Community Use Projects / [Community Project] Wayfinder #18 Call for Submissions All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.