Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Justice League


Movies

1 to 50 of 339 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

To open a thread just for this one.

Comic Con trailer of sorts


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Hopefully Superman will be a more positive character when he comes back from the

spoiler:
dead
.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

That trailer seemed way better than the trailer for Dawn of Justice. Although how much of that trailer reflect the movie I have no idea.


MMCJawa,

I'm not sure either but it was a sizzle reel more than an actual trailer.

What's the difference you ask? Sizzle reels take the more "screen tested well" elements while the trailer does that and has...you know plot stuff.


I like a little sizzle in my Justice League.


Well it had that, certain Dragon.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting Subscriber

I liked the Barry Allen-Bruce Wayne sequence of the preview fairly well. If I had a complaint, not sure I am all for another "geeky loner" Barry Allen take - but I understand that he's the comic relief (much like Rosenbaum's Wally West was) in this version.

Dark Archive

The trailer for the Trailer

Sovereign Court

Why, why didn't they wait for two more days?

Dark Archive

Come together ...

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

this looks... good? potentially? I'm... I...

what?


I'm excited.

Sovereign Court

Looks good I guess.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Lord Snow wrote:

this looks... good? potentially? I'm... I...

what?

Aquaman looks pretty great in this

On the other hand Zach Snyder is great at making cool-looking trailers for very disappointing movies. So this is hyping me more for Aquaman than it is for Justice League.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Looks great to me, can't wait.

Sovereign Court

What's your super power?
I'm rich.

Fell of my chair.

Dark Archive Vendor - Fantasiapelit Tampere

Eh. It didn't get me excited, except on the visceral level of seeing JLA together. Apparently the sun died with Superman. It looks same dark and dreary as every other DC movie.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hopefully, they are jettisoning the Grimdark and finally making a fun DCEU movie.


Doesn't really look like it. The Comic Con trailer keeps the overwhelmingly mopey atmosphere of bats vs supes.

I find myself most captivated by the costume designs. Flash is just in average superhero duds, Bats and Cyborg are competing for 'most campy and ridiculous,' while WW and Ronon Dex actually look _good_ (which is impressive since he's suddenly subbing Aquaman and her artists... have often gone in bad directions) But it's disconcerting to the point that the characters look designed for three entirely separate films.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

It still bothers me on a deep level that the Flash has armor. The CW shouldn't be able to pull off a better Flash costume than a major movie release.


MMC,

Yeah that pretty terrible. That and too much fanboy Barry for me.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I liked it.

In the part where Cyborg is blasting into space seems a little Iron Man to me, but that probably can't be helped.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the movie.

Liberty's Edge

Joss Whedon takes over for Zack Synder

Very sad circumstance, prayers for the Synder family.


Indeed. While Snyder wasn't my favorite person, this is truly a horrific thing to happen to a family.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My god.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

*hugs Zack*

*hugs Freehold*

Sovereign Court

While I am truly sorry for Snyder's daugthers passing, Whedon may just save Justice League.


Hama wrote:
While I am truly sorry for Snyder's daugthers passing, Whedon may just save Justice League.

He's not really making any changes. he's just kind of finishing it up. From what I got from the article anyways.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*hugs rysky*

Leaves thread, never to return

Sovereign Court

Ah then it will most probably be a fiasco we all think it will be.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Hama wrote:
While I am truly sorry for Snyder's daugthers passing, Whedon may just save Justice League.
He's not really making any changes. he's just kind of finishing it up.

In other news, I have beachfront property for sale in Wyoming.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hama wrote:

Ah then it will most probably be a fiasco we all think it will be.

if the movie is wonderful, they will praise whedon. If it is horrible, they will condemn snyder.

That's life sometimes I guess.


Begins plotting The Flash's demise.

Good, good!


Not to be cold and analytical but I do kind of wonder if the dark mood of his movies is influenced by his life. I mean it almost certainly has to be. You can't really compartmentalize something like that at least not easily. poor guy. There really isn't much you can do but learn to live with it.

It also has got to be an awkward situation for Whedon too. Good of him to take over for snyder.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

This is indeed sad news. Though I actually didn't know he had a daughter.

Sovereign Court

Freehold DM wrote:
Hama wrote:

Ah then it will most probably be a fiasco we all think it will be.

if the movie is wonderful, they will praise whedon. If it is horrible, they will condemn snyder.

That's life sometimes I guess.

That would be really crappy of people. If the movie is good, it's Snyder's fault. As much as if the movie is bad.


Hama wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Hama wrote:

Ah then it will most probably be a fiasco we all think it will be.

if the movie is wonderful, they will praise whedon. If it is horrible, they will condemn snyder.

That's life sometimes I guess.

That would be really crappy of people. If the movie is good, it's Snyder's fault. As much as if the movie is bad.

it's going to be alien resurrection all over again.

Sovereign Court

Yeah that was a terrible movie.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hama wrote:
Yeah that was a terrible movie.

not that whedon fans would know anything about that...


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Vidmaster7 wrote:

Not to be cold and analytical but I do kind of wonder if the dark mood of his movies is influenced by his life. I mean it almost certainly has to be. You can't really compartmentalize something like that at least not easily. poor guy. There really isn't much you can do but learn to live with it.

It also has got to be an awkward situation for Whedon too. Good of him to take over for snyder.

Yeah but his dark take on movies predates his daughter's suicide quite a bit.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Dragon78 wrote:
This is indeed sad news. Though I actually didn't know he had a daughter.

He apparently has SEVEN other kids (including step-kids), none of which are adopted or anything. He must have one of the highest reproductive fitnesses of any director in Hollywood!?!

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Hama wrote:
Yeah that was a terrible movie.
not that whedon fans would know anything about that...

I'm a Whedon fan...


Hama wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Hama wrote:
Yeah that was a terrible movie.
not that whedon fans would know anything about that...
I'm a Whedon fan...

then you do not deny that Whedon was responsible for that turkey?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
MMCJawa wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:
This is indeed sad news. Though I actually didn't know he had a daughter.
He apparently has SEVEN other kids (including step-kids), none of which are adopted or anything. He must have one of the highest reproductive fitnesses of any director in Hollywood!?!

I have seven siblings. Doesn't take fitness to have kids. :-) just love.

Dark Archive Vendor - Fantasiapelit Tampere

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Hama wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Hama wrote:
Yeah that was a terrible movie.
not that whedon fans would know anything about that...
I'm a Whedon fan...
then you do not deny that Whedon was responsible for that turkey?

He did not direct Alien Resurrection. Jean-Pierre Jeunet did. Joss Whedon wrote it. Joss is directing the rest of JL movie, not writing the rest of it.

And I do not judge directors/actor/writers due crappy movies. Lawrence Kasdan wrote screenplay for Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark...and Dreamcatcher. Which he also directed. Everyone can be s~~$ sometimes. I mean, American Sniper was made by Clint Eastwood.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber
Rosgakori wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Hama wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Hama wrote:
Yeah that was a terrible movie.
not that whedon fans would know anything about that...
I'm a Whedon fan...
then you do not deny that Whedon was responsible for that turkey?

He did not direct Alien Resurrection. Jean-Pierre Jeunet did. Joss Whedon wrote it. Joss is directing the rest of JL movie, not writing the rest of it.

And I do not judge directors/actor/writers due crappy movies. Lawrence Kasdan wrote screenplay for Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark...and Dreamcatcher. Which he also directed. Everyone can be s!@! sometimes. I mean, American Sniper was made by Clint Eastwood.

Look at the Editors, who the Writers and Directors surround themselves with is very important.

Sovereign Court

Freehold DM wrote:
Hama wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Hama wrote:
Yeah that was a terrible movie.
not that whedon fans would know anything about that...
I'm a Whedon fan...
then you do not deny that Whedon was responsible for that turkey?

I'm not an idiot, so no, I do not deny.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Rosgakori wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Hama wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Hama wrote:
Yeah that was a terrible movie.
not that whedon fans would know anything about that...
I'm a Whedon fan...
then you do not deny that Whedon was responsible for that turkey?

He did not direct Alien Resurrection. Jean-Pierre Jeunet did. Joss Whedon wrote it. Joss is directing the rest of JL movie, not writing the rest of it.

And I do not judge directors/actor/writers due crappy movies. Lawrence Kasdan wrote screenplay for Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark...and Dreamcatcher. Which he also directed. Everyone can be s%$@ sometimes. I mean, American Sniper was made by Clint Eastwood.

I'll be sending you the director's cut of uwe boll's greatest films, then.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Uwe Boll shouldn't be let near a Polaroid, much less any film.

While I get the anger towards Snyder over Man of Steel and now BvS, I still am willing to feel sorry for the man.

I also don't think Justice League will BOMB, but it might not do as well as projections suggest.

If only because Warner expects it to be a Juggernaut, but I'm feeling it will be more like Mister Hyde (Marvel version).

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Yesterday io9 had a post that said that Zack is walking away from Justice League while the film is in reshoots and post following the recent suicide of his daughter in March.

Source

It's very sad for him and his family, but maybe WB can help keep this ship upright with Snyder stepping back from the helm, even if the circumstances for his departure are as horrible as this.

1 to 50 of 339 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Gamer Life / Movies / Justice League All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.