Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Core Races


Starfinder General Discussion

251 to 270 of 270 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Steven "Troll" O'Neal wrote:
From what we know, and what we can speculate from partial knowledge the iconic are thus; human envoy, android operative, vesk soldier, kasatha solarion, ysoki mechanic. That leaves the last two races, and last two classes. Now my best guess is the insectoid race (shirren perhaps?) is a technomancer, and an as yet to be seen lashunta is the mystic. Though I could be wrong.

From the images shown of all the iconics from a presentation it appears that they are: A female human envoy, a female (I'm color blind so I could be mistaken) vesk soldier, an android operative, a female lashunta technomancer, a kasatha solarian (unsure of the sex or gender), a ysoki mechanic (unsure of the sex or gender), and a shirren mystic (unsure of the sex or gender).


Archmage Variel wrote:
Steven "Troll" O'Neal wrote:
From what we know, and what we can speculate from partial knowledge the iconic are thus; human envoy, android operative, vesk soldier, kasatha solarion, ysoki mechanic. That leaves the last two races, and last two classes. Now my best guess is the insectoid race (shirren perhaps?) is a technomancer, and an as yet to be seen lashunta is the mystic. Though I could be wrong.
From the images shown of all the iconics from a presentation it appears that they are: A female human envoy, a female (I'm color blind so I could be mistaken) vesk soldier, an android operative, a female lashunta technomancer, a kasatha solarian (unsure of the sex or gender), a ysoki mechanic (unsure of the sex or gender), and a shirren mystic (unsure of the sex or gender).

I hadn't seen the lashunta. Though it does fit better.


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Steven "Troll" O'Neal wrote:
Archmage Variel wrote:
Steven "Troll" O'Neal wrote:
From what we know, and what we can speculate from partial knowledge the iconic are thus; human envoy, android operative, vesk soldier, kasatha solarion, ysoki mechanic. That leaves the last two races, and last two classes. Now my best guess is the insectoid race (shirren perhaps?) is a technomancer, and an as yet to be seen lashunta is the mystic. Though I could be wrong.
From the images shown of all the iconics from a presentation it appears that they are: A female human envoy, a female (I'm color blind so I could be mistaken) vesk soldier, an android operative, a female lashunta technomancer, a kasatha solarian (unsure of the sex or gender), a ysoki mechanic (unsure of the sex or gender), and a shirren mystic (unsure of the sex or gender).
I hadn't seen the lashunta. Though it does fit better.

The technomancer actually looks fairly interesting, seems to have some sort of wrist holo-computer device. I'm hoping that will be like a spellbook.


Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Unlikely since all classes are spontaneous now. Anyone have a link to the Lashunta picture?

Lantern Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
jedi8187 wrote:
Unlikely since all classes are spontaneous now. Anyone have a link to the Lashunta picture?

Here


She does look good.


Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Ashanderai wrote:
jedi8187 wrote:
Unlikely since all classes are spontaneous now. Anyone have a link to the Lashunta picture?
Here

Thanks, and yup that is most likely a technomancer. I'm still fairly sure the Kashata and Yskoi are males with the Shirren being either a male or a non binary gender.


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
jedi8187 wrote:
Ashanderai wrote:
jedi8187 wrote:
Unlikely since all classes are spontaneous now. Anyone have a link to the Lashunta picture?
Here
Thanks, and yup that is most likely a technomancer. I'm still fairly sure the Kashata and Yskoi are males with the Shirren being either a male or a non binary gender.

There's actually a chance the shirren have more than two commonly appearing sexes. At least I hope that's what was meant.


*hyperventilates at artwork*

Lantern Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
quibblemuch wrote:
*hyperventilates at artwork*

Eeewwwww! Hyperventilotion! Eeewwwww!

Dark Archive

The Professor wrote:
Behold, the Bug People.

Huh. Bug peep has four limbs, rather than the traditional six-plus of bug-peeps like the Aspis, Thri-Kreen, Phraints, Xixchil, Formians, etc. That's a neat difference.

Also has a holy symbol of Pharasma floating over it's head, which is funky.

Lantern Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Set wrote:
The Professor wrote:
Behold, the Bug People.

Huh. Bug peep has four limbs, rather than the traditional six-plus of bug-peeps like the Aspis, Thri-Kreen, Phraints, Xixchil, Formians, etc. That's a neat difference.

Also has a holy symbol of Pharasma floating over it's head, which is funky.

I disagree. Look at this photo and the one you already saw. They seem to have a tiny, vestigial limb or limbs located around their midriff.


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Ashanderai wrote:
Set wrote:
The Professor wrote:
Behold, the Bug People.

Huh. Bug peep has four limbs, rather than the traditional six-plus of bug-peeps like the Aspis, Thri-Kreen, Phraints, Xixchil, Formians, etc. That's a neat difference.

Also has a holy symbol of Pharasma floating over it's head, which is funky.

I disagree. Look at this photo and the one you already saw. They seem to have a tiny, vestigial limb or limbs located around their midriff.

Can't imagine they'd have an in-game use though. (save maybe for a grapple bonus.)

Lantern Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Archmage Variel wrote:
Ashanderai wrote:
Set wrote:
The Professor wrote:
Behold, the Bug People.

Huh. Bug peep has four limbs, rather than the traditional six-plus of bug-peeps like the Aspis, Thri-Kreen, Phraints, Xixchil, Formians, etc. That's a neat difference.

Also has a holy symbol of Pharasma floating over it's head, which is funky.

I disagree. Look at this photo and the one you already saw. They seem to have a tiny, vestigial limb or limbs located around their midriff.
Can't imagine they'd have an in-game use though. (save maybe for a grapple bonus.)

I concur. I was only addressing the art.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Those extra lower arms would be useful even if only for the purpose of holding items that could be moved over to their actual arms as a free action. Between them and the kasatha, I suspect that Starfinder will have very robust and comprehensive rules for creatures with more than two arms.

Since there were slides of ships for Vesk, Shirren, and the Pact Alliance, I strongly suspect that the Shirren are inhabitants of a solar system other than those of Golarion or the Veskarium.


Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Archmage Variel wrote:
Ashanderai wrote:
Set wrote:
The Professor wrote:
Behold, the Bug People.

Huh. Bug peep has four limbs, rather than the traditional six-plus of bug-peeps like the Aspis, Thri-Kreen, Phraints, Xixchil, Formians, etc. That's a neat difference.

Also has a holy symbol of Pharasma floating over it's head, which is funky.

I disagree. Look at this photo and the one you already saw. They seem to have a tiny, vestigial limb or limbs located around their midriff.
Can't imagine they'd have an in-game use though. (save maybe for a grapple bonus.)

No! no more grapple bonus or special feats to not provoke for one of twenty special combat maneuvers that dont accomplish anything. CMB/CMD can be dead and forgotten and the system will be better for it :(


David knott 242 wrote:
Since there were slides of ships for Vesk, Shirren, and the Pact Alliance, I strongly suspect that the Shirren are inhabitants of a solar system other than those of Golarion or the Veskarium.

The Shirren could well be part of the infamous Swarm, this strange enemie of the Pact Worlds Alliance was said to be insect-like.

Rob McCreary wrote:
One of the big ones is called the Swarm, which is a big race of interstellar insect-like things that just overrun everything and are not really fun to be around.

The vesk spaceships weren't called "Veskarium Spaceships", so I suppose the Shirren spaceships could well be the "Swarm Spaceships".

I'm just making assumptions and speculations that should not be taken as official.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

That thought occurred to me. In that case, Shirren PCs would be former members of the Swarm who somehow broke free from the hive mind.


Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I could see the Shirren as a insect like race just to have not all space bugs be swarm. Nomads fleeing from the swarm? Creators of the swarm who have lost control? An attempt by the swarm to create a more intelligent drone that have since escaped their control? In any event they are probably an independent faction that is allied with the pact worlds but not a participating party. Perhaps one of the plot hooks is the idea of expanding Pact World membership to other species in the face of the mutual threat of the swarm? They could also have been a third side in the Golarion-Vesk systems war, they might be genreally greatful that the Pact Worlds took enough heat off of them to let them stay independent from the Vesk.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber, Companion Subscriber

The Lashunta looks way too short and I was hoping she would be the mystic or solarian iconic.

251 to 270 of 270 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo / Starfinder® / Starfinder General Discussion / Core Races All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.