Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

The Monkey's Treefort


Off-Topic Discussions

16,701 to 16,750 of 17,043 << first < prev | 330 | 331 | 332 | 333 | 334 | 335 | 336 | 337 | 338 | 339 | 340 | next > last >>

I actually have dealt with the loss of a classmate. (Not a friend, just a classmate. But it was a small school, we all knew everyone else.) I still recall how it affected the entire school.

And your right Scint, no teen should ever have to write a eulogy.


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

The new story is awesome Rags!


Bleh. It's 6:20 in the a.m. where I live. I haven't had a wink of sleep and I have the start of my new campaign coming up tonight. First time I've had insomnia in months. Hopefully I can catch a nap this afternoon, at least.

Plus some personal stuff has come up that I need to handle and that will probably take awhile. So hopefully my head will be in the game. I've put a lot of work into it and I don't want to disappoint the group.


Patrick Curtin wrote:
The new story is awesome Rags!

<Blush> "Awww shucks,..." ;)

Glad you like it!
Yet ANOTHER case of 'Too much good stuff to choose from! DM atmosphere, pc interactions,... cram in what I can, and cry about the rest' :D


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DungeonmasterCal wrote:

Bleh. It's 6:20 in the a.m. where I live. I haven't had a wink of sleep and I have the start of my new campaign coming up tonight. First time I've had insomnia in months. Hopefully I can catch a nap this afternoon, at least.

Plus some personal stuff has come up that I need to handle and that will probably take awhile. So hopefully my head will be in the game. I've put a lot of work into it and I don't want to disappoint the group.

Bleah, I don't get insomnia, hardly ever anyway. When I do it's because no matter how tired I am, my brain just won't shut up. :)

You'll be fine Cal. If your anything like me, my gaming is my stress release and worry-worker-outer. Once you get into game mode, the rest will fade into the woodwork. ;) (At least until game-time is over) :P

Now mind, I'd still try to catch that nap if I were you! Just to be safe! ;P

Good luck & have fun! :D


Thanks, Ragadolf! I'm going to walk my dogs (they just woke up) and then re-hit the hay.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The Champion In Ruby With The Emerald Blade.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Down to just 1 overnight job now. Today is so sweet - got up at 9, doing laundry, catching up on reading/TV watching (done simultaneously), did dishes, vacuumed, tidied up, writing Christmas thank yous, making soup... it's only 2:30 and I don't have to go to sleep at 4 anymore! I can just stay up, go in to work at 11, and be home and asleep by 1-1:30, ready to get up at 8 tomorrow for work. I am a woman of leisure!


Leisure rocks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Treppa wrote:
Down to just 1 overnight job now. Today is so sweet - got up at 9, doing laundry, catching up on reading/TV watching (done simultaneously), did dishes, vacuumed, tidied up, writing Christmas thank yous, making soup... it's only 2:30 and I don't have to go to sleep at 4 anymore! I can just stay up, go in to work at 11, and be home and asleep by 1-1:30, ready to get up at 8 tomorrow for work. I am a woman of leisure!

I get those feels.

After what I went through the past few years I’d love to kick Dolly Parton. 9-5 is awesome and weekends! Blessed glorious weekends!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Down to just 1 overnight job now. Today is so sweet - got up at 9, doing laundry, catching up on reading/TV watching (done simultaneously), did dishes, vacuumed, tidied up, writing Christmas thank yous, making soup... it's only 2:30 and I don't have to go to sleep at 4 anymore! I can just stay up, go in to work at 11, and be home and asleep by 1-1:30, ready to get up at 8 tomorrow for work. I am a woman of leisure!

I get those feels.

After what I went through the past few years I’d love to kick Dolly Parton. 9-5 is awesome and weekends! Blessed glorious weekends!

Well, I wouldn't kick Dolly because I adore her. I think that song was commissioned.

I get weekends back next month. February 10 will be my first Saturday off in months. I am SO looking forward to it! Sooon, soooon.

And I slept in today - woke up after 7-1/2 hours feeling like Wonder Woman! Immediately got up and put away the slow cooker soup and washed the slow cooker, then made coffee because I'm working from home. I usually drag out of bed, squint at chores that need to be done, and ignore them.

Heck, I yawned this morning, and my eyelids didn't spasm shut like they usually do. Glory!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Plus, I look out my window and it's snowing. It's like Christmas!!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Oh, and in more good news...

... I no longer need to sell my good flute. I dropped a painful grand on getting it fixed up to sell, but it never sold. I am going to contact my selling agent and get it back. She says it sings very sweetly now. Can't wait to play it! <3


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*sigh*

I was behind the newest Cranberries songs... Today after learning about their singer's death I discovered this beauty.


Paizo wrote:
We will return on Tuesday, Janurary 16.

Janurary?


3 people marked this as a favorite.

It's a secret month tucked away inside the real January.


Treppa wrote:

Oh, and in more good news...

... I no longer need to sell my good flute. I dropped a painful grand on getting it fixed up to sell, but it never sold. I am going to contact my selling agent and get it back. She says it sings very sweetly now. Can't wait to play it! <3

Everything sounds like things are swinging your way! So glad for you!


Much like Feburary is hidden behind February.

Also, DO NOT do what I did: Which is when my brain said "Hey there's ice there! You shouldn't step on it!" and I proceed to say "Thanks brain!" and then fall on my butt and almost crack open my skull. (It felt like more than I actually did...) So...yeah.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ouch.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well, I used my new insta-pot today.
(It's a new kitchen toy, like a crock-pot on steroids)

MAde an old-school version of stroganoff, and ate it over riced cauliflower. (for those of us on NO -carb diets)
Not bad at all, :)
learning to use the insta-pot is a learning curve, but it does work very well.


Patrick Curtin wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Down to just 1 overnight job now. Today is so sweet - got up at 9, doing laundry, catching up on reading/TV watching (done simultaneously), did dishes, vacuumed, tidied up, writing Christmas thank yous, making soup... it's only 2:30 and I don't have to go to sleep at 4 anymore! I can just stay up, go in to work at 11, and be home and asleep by 1-1:30, ready to get up at 8 tomorrow for work. I am a woman of leisure!

I get those feels.

After what I went through the past few years I’d love to kick Dolly Parton. 9-5 is awesome and weekends! Blessed glorious weekends!

Oh Treppa, I like Dolly too, have ever since I was a teen. (MIGHT have something to do with hormones and her figure) ;P

But I'm with the Monkey on this one. I'd kick Dolly if it got me a 9-5 job. :)


Ragadolf wrote:

Well, I used my new insta-pot today.

(It's a new kitchen toy, like a crock-pot on steroids)

MAde an old-school version of stroganoff, and ate it over riced cauliflower. (for those of us on NO -carb diets)
Not bad at all, :)
learning to use the insta-pot is a learning curve, but it does work very well.

Bought the soon to be ex an insta pot for Christmas this year, she's yet to take it out of the box though :-)


hi everyone


heavy storm coming tomorrow,
usually my area does not get hit to hard due to conveniently placed hill-ranges

but we booked a hotel for the weekend in an area of Germany that usually does get hit hard by northern storms, lets see how the situation is up there on friday


Good luck!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So far I just need to weather the cold and we'll be fine.

As for me and ice, so far no more spills! *fingers crossed*


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Yeah here in south Lousy-anna they have closed the schools almost all week now. :P

I know that those from the south have no clue how to drive on the ice, and that most houses are not really winter-proof, but really? ALL week? :P

On the plus side, my fireplace looks nice with a fire in it. :)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber
Ragadolf wrote:

Yeah here in south Lousy-anna they have closed the schools almost all week now. :P

I know that those from the south have no clue how to drive on the ice, and that most houses are not really winter-proof, but really? ALL week? :P

On the plus side, my fireplace looks nice with a fire in it. :)

You would think that road salt or sand would be easy commodities to get.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I blame Patrick Curtin. Especially since there is no evidence that I am actually to blame. Oh, and don't mind how dirty I am, burying evidence is hard work. Like I said, Patrick is to blame! For everything! ~quickly leaves the thread~

Silver Crusade

Afternoon, all. What did I miss?

Silver Crusade

Treppa wrote:

Oh, and in more good news...

... I no longer need to sell my good flute. I dropped a painful grand on getting it fixed up to sell, but it never sold. I am going to contact my selling agent and get it back. She says it sings very sweetly now. Can't wait to play it! <3

Excellent!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Work is quickly starting to get crazy, right as Ragtime rehearsals kick into high gear. Yay. Still, I have nothing to complain about right now. I just have to make sure I carve out time for enough sleep. I don’t want to get sick.


Treppa wrote:
Plus, I look out my window and it's snowing. It's like Christmas!!

moves in


Treppa wrote:

Oh, and in more good news...

... I no longer need to sell my good flute. I dropped a painful grand on getting it fixed up to sell, but it never sold. I am going to contact my selling agent and get it back. She says it sings very sweetly now. Can't wait to play it! <3

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

I remain concerned over the price of musical instruments.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Work is quickly starting to get crazy, right as Ragtime rehearsals kick into high gear. Yay. Still, I have nothing to complain about right now. I just have to make sure I carve out time for enough sleep. I don’t want to get sick.

be careful. John, keep CH warm at night. We need him healthy and able to perform and be up for post ragtime ABSINTHE


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Well,, I might be getting an unlooked for vacation tomorrow. Let’s see how things go with the shutdown


Patrick Curtin wrote:
Well,, I might be getting an unlooked for vacation tomorrow. Let’s see how things go with the shutdown

Oi, Um,... Yay?!? ;)

I've gotten almost another entire week 'off' with the unusually frozen weather here in south Lousy-anna, buuut, As much as I complain, I AM salary. I get paid whether they are open or not! :)

G'Luck Pat!

Shadow Lodge

Feros wrote:
Ragadolf wrote:

Yeah here in south Lousy-anna they have closed the schools almost all week now. :P

I know that those from the south have no clue how to drive on the ice, and that most houses are not really winter-proof, but really? ALL week? :P

On the plus side, my fireplace looks nice with a fire in it. :)

You would think that road salt or sand would be easy commodities to get.

1. I imagine if they don't already have it on-hand (and why would they? This kind of weather isn't common enough to make it expected, and we are talking about government work here ;) ), getting it on short notice - or worse, after the weather it's supposed to fix or treat has already set in - would be much more difficult.

2. I imagine such things are more expensive, and thus less likely to be purchased, in places where they are not consistently expected to be necessary. Thus they are likely an expense generally avoided until required.


Orthos wrote:
Feros wrote:
Ragadolf wrote:

Yeah here in south Lousy-anna they have closed the schools almost all week now. :P

I know that those from the south have no clue how to drive on the ice, and that most houses are not really winter-proof, but really? ALL week? :P

On the plus side, my fireplace looks nice with a fire in it. :)

You would think that road salt or sand would be easy commodities to get.

1. I imagine if they don't already have it on-hand (and why would they? This kind of weather isn't common enough to make it expected, and we are talking about government work here ;) ), getting it on short notice - or worse, after the weather it's supposed to fix or treat has already set in - would be much more difficult.

2. I imagine such things are more expensive, and thus less likely to be purchased, in places where they are not consistently expected to be necessary. Thus they are likely an expense generally avoided until required.

All correct,

also important to note are:
1) even if sand (which we DO keep available, for sandbags when flooding could occur) and salt were on hand, or easily available, the TRUCKS to spread them on the roadways are expensive. An expense that, USUALLY, is not justified here down south-ways.
and,
2) WHY would a southern politician spend ANYthing on something that MIGHT be useful, occasionally, when he can NOT spend it, and potentially make sure that same money ends up in his pocket? Just sayin',... ;P


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hmmmnnnnn... I wonder who is to blame for this?


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Whelp. Looks like my unlooked-for vacation is more of a reality


Boooo.


Whaappen?


Holy carp, we have a Mahler Festival here! Can this place get any better, besides having more snow this year?


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Whaappen?

Government shutdown deadline is a whisker away, and Monkey suckles at the public teat now.

Disclaimer:
Lest this be seen as political, I hid it. Suckling at the public teat is not a bad thing. I am one of those freaks happy to pay taxes for roads, bridges, clean air, safe food, magnificent public lands, help for the poor, etc. And I am glad that an honest Monkey is among the public servants toiling on our behalf. The alternative is to suckle at the corporate teat or, as I do, slink along behind the lactating b!+%@es and lap up drops of milk from the ground.


Sorry to hear that Monkey type person.

As for me, I'll be sitting here...waiting...and waiting...


9 people marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Well, it affects me on a personal level, so technically that isn’t politics. It’s not like I am saying Trump is a bloated, disgusting, rancid collection of 13 NYC sewer rats impersonating a human being in a suit that cost as much as many families make in a year. Nope, definitely not saying that at all.

Spoiler:
As for taxes. It’s funny the impression you get from the outside compared to the inside. I used to believe the government was incredibly wasteful. In some respects I still do. However I see the lawyers I work with doing yeoman’s work for a lot less than they could be making in the private sector, defending regular citizens from some of the sleaziest rip-off artists out there who are literally preying in the poorest segment of America to buy their Lambos. The taxes given to my little corner of the bureaucracy are well-spent. If you like the do not call list or the better business bureau, you know this


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Don't worry Monkey person, I'm in accord with that view.


Patrick Curtin wrote:

Well, it affects me on a personal level, so technically that isn’t politics. It’s not like I am saying Trump is a bloated, disgusting, rancid collection of 13 NYC sewer rats impersonating a human being in a suit that cost as much as many families make in a year. Nope, definitely not saying that at all.

** spoiler omitted **

spoilered:
Man, that's an insult to those 13 imaginary rats! They probably have more integrity. Still, it's not like anyone who knew anything about him didn't see what he'd do coming from miles away.

The one things that does surprise me a bit is his foreign policy being so belligerent considering how, even before running for election, he was always quite critical of military "adventurism".

Still, I am pretty sure Bill Hicks said it best.

Bill Hicks explains US Presidency.

---

“In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.”

― Napoléon Bonaparte

This explains much of the US Political system I'll venture to say, both for the people running and the people voting...

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

― Harlan Ellison

If only we had an INFORMED electorate, we might not have this problem.

Instead, we have a misinformed electorate, and it's been a problem for over a century (last one I promise!)...

“If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.”

― Mark Twain

Go ahead and insert any MSM source for Newspaper.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

The Queen In Ruby With Emerald Eyes graces you with her Otherworldly presence.

16,701 to 16,750 of 17,043 << first < prev | 330 | 331 | 332 | 333 | 334 | 335 | 336 | 337 | 338 | 339 | 340 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Off-Topic Discussions / The Monkey's Treefort All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2018 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.