Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

The Monkey's Treefort


Off-Topic Discussions

15,151 to 15,200 of 15,336 << first < prev | 297 | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | 305 | 306 | 307 | next > last >>

None of my group is free until the weekend, so I'll try to round them up then.


Oh, and if you're up at the crack of early after stocking up, load the crockpot up in advance of departure for grilling pastures. That way you come home to the smell of da noms.


DungeonmasterCal wrote:
None of my group is free until the weekend, so I'll try to round them up then.

If not, pack your grillin' kit for the park. Get crockpot going, then head over and grill.

The nice thing about grilling for me is that you have a calm lead-up to when the grilling starts up. Only cobs of corn and weenies get high heat, everything else I grill on lower heat, adding coals as necessary to replenish and/or raise the heat back up.


Another good idea!


Now .. you make ... da shoppingz!

Draw up a list of groceries. Mull it over, plan out some meals within a modest budget.

I usually ballpark $50 or less for most single-days o' grillin'. When the Missus has gone nuts and restuffed the freezers then it is a matter of thawing time in advance and how much I think we can eat over the next 2 weeks.

If the weather is nice crack open the windows and play some soft happy music whilst composing da lists of da shoppingz. :D


I'll work on a list this evening, maybe. Today the high is supposed to be about 66 (back to the 80s tomorrow) so this evening will have the perfect temp to crack a window open.


DungeonmasterCal wrote:
I'll work on a list this evening, maybe. Today the high is supposed to be about 66 (back to the 80s tomorrow) so this evening will have the perfect temp to crack a window open.

Nah. nawp. Nuh-uh. Make ... da list. DOO EETT!! Making plans lends strength to following through with said plans. e-mail your buddies right now re: this weekend. Get those invites out!


LOL OK!


Me on grilling day. :D


LOL awesome.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
I'm a horrible cook. If it doesn't come from a box or can I'm basically screwed. I have some decent crockpot recipes that I use occasionally, and can bake chicken breasts and make those pretty tasty. But there are times I crave my late mom's salmon patties and the way she fried potatoes (I think she used either Crisco or even lard to do so), but she made the rocking-est fried chicken ever. I see folks posting recipes on here and I'm pretty envious of other peoples' culinary skills. One of the local colleges sometimes offers free adult education classes and cooking is often one of them. The next time they do that I may sign up.

I love potatoes roasted in duck fat. Whenever I make duck breasts I save the fat for potatoes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
TriOmegaZero wrote:
I really need to clean out the junk in my office.
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
I need to clean the junk out of my vehicle.

I really need to clean my junk.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:

Oh and FHDM and CH (and Storyteller)

I'm just not going to be able to swing NY ComicCon. I just can't find the cash. This move has drained me, I'm against the wall financially

Give me a few months and I'll figure out a time.

it's cool.

Your next takoyaki and Green God are on me.

He doesn't eat takoyaki, remember?
Nope. That's my spirit animal. In fact, if Paizo had a good Octopus icon I would retire the monkey.

Suggest it? (NSFW)

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Curtin wrote:
The Mad Comrade wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Ah the commute. Longer than bey, but I don't have to drive. I figure it's about even. Listening to the Dark Crystal soundtrack. It stands up well
Takes longer, less stressful, wsaaaaaay less likely to become road pizza. Yeah, it's a good trade-off.
And I get a travel subsidy! Yay !

I'd rather commute an hour by train than 30 minutes by car.


Celestial Healer wrote:
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
I'm a horrible cook. If it doesn't come from a box or can I'm basically screwed. I have some decent crockpot recipes that I use occasionally, and can bake chicken breasts and make those pretty tasty. But there are times I crave my late mom's salmon patties and the way she fried potatoes (I think she used either Crisco or even lard to do so), but she made the rocking-est fried chicken ever. I see folks posting recipes on here and I'm pretty envious of other peoples' culinary skills. One of the local colleges sometimes offers free adult education classes and cooking is often one of them. The next time they do that I may sign up.
I love potatoes roasted in duck fat. Whenever I make duck breasts I save the fat for potatoes.

I never even eaten duck, much less cooked one.


Good night, Monkey Land.


Morning...


bbbbrrraaaaiiinnnssss .... anyone seen any? remarkable dearth of said vital organ locally ....


Nah. Mine won't reboot for at least nine more hours, until I leave work.


mrgh.


My cats ate mine. They left a few nublets for the ol' zombified carcass to shamble around with.


And feed them food.


And scoop litter ... provide pets ... play fetch ... throw toys for chase ... provide laps ... build tents ... all the necessary requirements for 'staff'. ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
I never even eaten duck, much less cooked one.

Oddly enough, though I've eaten bear, iguana, squirrel, moose, and ostrich, I've never had duck either.


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Ruh-roh wrote:
I think I look divine.

I'm not a fan of that one. I'll hold out for maybe a space octopus or something


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Celestial Healer wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:

Oh and FHDM and CH (and Storyteller)

I'm just not going to be able to swing NY ComicCon. I just can't find the cash. This move has drained me, I'm against the wall financially

Give me a few months and I'll figure out a time.

it's cool.

Your next takoyaki and Green God are on me.

He doesn't eat takoyaki, remember?
Nope. That's my spirit animal. In fact, if Paizo had a good Octopus icon I would retire the monkey.
Suggest it? (NSFW)

Ah, gotta love the Japanese.


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Five AM! Time for another splendiferous day!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

It is amazing the spiritual difference working on a regular dinurial period makes. I honestly feel so refreshed. That and being able to sleep as long as I want. I keep waking up four hours after I lay down, and I can turn around and go right back to bed. The days of snatching 2-3 hours between jobs is OVER baby! That alone is worth all the effort.


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
David M Mallon wrote:
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
I never even eaten duck, much less cooked one.
Oddly enough, though I've eaten bear, iguana, squirrel, moose, and ostrich, I've never had duck either.

I think I might have tried it once. I'm not sure


Patrick Curtin wrote:
Not my Pathfinder, natch, but my 3.5 gotta go. And 2e. And Vampire

What Vampire stuff you got? ;-)


Patrick Curtin wrote:

Oh and FHDM and CH (and Storyteller)

I'm just not going to be able to swing NY ComicCon. I just can't find the cash. This move has drained me, I'm against the wall financially

Give me a few months and I'll figure out a time.

Understood.

At least you have a great fresh start though so hopefully soon you'll settle in and find a smooth wavelength!


The Mad Comrade wrote:
Fall cleaning ... it's a lost art. ;)

Hey it's still summer!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Duck is delicious, all this talk of food is making me hungry...


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Storyteller Shadow wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Not my Pathfinder, natch, but my 3.5 gotta go. And 2e. And Vampire
What Vampire stuff you got? ;-)

VtM? Metric sh!ttons. Name something you are looking for!


Patrick Curtin wrote:
Storyteller Shadow wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Not my Pathfinder, natch, but my 3.5 gotta go. And 2e. And Vampire
What Vampire stuff you got? ;-)
VtM? Metric sh!ttons. Name something you are looking for!

Let me see what I might need and I'll let you know :-)


Celestial Healer wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
The Mad Comrade wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Ah the commute. Longer than bey, but I don't have to drive. I figure it's about even. Listening to the Dark Crystal soundtrack. It stands up well
Takes longer, less stressful, wsaaaaaay less likely to become road pizza. Yeah, it's a good trade-off.
And I get a travel subsidy! Yay !
I'd rather commute an hour by train than 30 minutes by car.

*shudder*


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:

Oh and FHDM and CH (and Storyteller)

I'm just not going to be able to swing NY ComicCon. I just can't find the cash. This move has drained me, I'm against the wall financially

Give me a few months and I'll figure out a time.

it's cool.

Your next takoyaki and Green God are on me.

He doesn't eat takoyaki, remember?
Nope. That's my spirit animal. In fact, if Paizo had a good Octopus icon I would retire the monkey.
Suggest it? (NSFW)

when I die, there is a chance I will become one with the giant tentacle upon death, so that I may continue my hentai worship beyond the grave.


Anarchs Cookbook,
Blood Nativity (1e)
Ghouls Fatal Addiction
New Orleans by Night
DC by Night

I used to own most of these but they were "borrowed " never to be returned!


GHOULS WOOOOOOOOOOO


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Me at 50. With the eye patch.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Dark Crystal?!? Yeah baby! I love me that soundtrack! :)
(Of course I love the campy 80's Flash Gordon soundtrack too, so take that into consideration too I suppose.) :)

Congrats on the new job Pat! Glad it's already paying off in sleep/sanity benefits! Hopefully the financial benefits are not far behind!

An OCTOPUS? Really?? O_o
Naw, It's been too long. I'm not sure I could cope with switching from calling you 'Monkey' to Octopus'. My Aged Wizard brain might implode, and I'd go medieval on those (well-deserving) folks around me with fantastical fireballs right and left! ;P

And dang it Turin, STOP TALKIN' ABOUT FOOD! Yer MAKIN' ME HUNGRY!
<Shakes fist>
And I'm doing good on my no-carb diet. I didn't even break it for my daughters birthday party. I even found a recipe to make my old favorite, (Sausage balls) with Almond flour instead of bisquick so I still had those to eat with the cheese dip! :D

Happy Middle-of-the-week-Hump-Day to all!

NOW I have to go back and pretend to work again,...

See ya!

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Yeah, I don't think an octopus can spend much time in a treefort. And, mmmm, takoyaki ...

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Duck is great, particularly in Chinese cuisine (particularly particularly Peking Duck).


Oooo yeah! Duck!

Had me some Pressed Duck once. Silly thing looked like it had been run over by a steam roller before being fried by the Chinese chef.

It. Was. GOOD.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:
... I've eaten ... squirrel, moose, ...

Rocky! Bullwinkle! D: D: D:


Patrick Curtin wrote:
The days of snatching 2-3 hours between jobs is OVER baby!

Still doing that, meself. I was having trouble falling asleep while driving and veering off the road, across the center line, etc. I started stopping for coffee as soon as I start nodding. Now I sleep while driving - I actually dream and stay on the road. Then, when I wake up, I don't know where I am, nor if I am really awake or still dreaming.

It's awful.


That's a pretty far distance from safe.


Treppa wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
The days of snatching 2-3 hours between jobs is OVER baby!

Still doing that, meself. I was having trouble falling asleep while driving and veering off the road, across the center line, etc. I started stopping for coffee as soon as I start nodding. Now I sleep while driving - I actually dream and stay on the road. Then, when I wake up, I don't know where I am, nor if I am really awake or still dreaming.

It's awful.

That happened to my father-in-law once.

Once, during the wife's annual Family Road Trip, (She was a pre-teen) her dad dozed off.
When he awoke, they were at their destination, which had been 9 or so hours away. And they had made the trip in like, 4 hours supposedly.
SO, either he accidentally drove through a wormhole, or,...

To this day, my father-in-law still insists that they were picked up by aliens, and they talked with him for a while, and he gave them a beer, while the rest of the family slept through it all. And they dropped the family off at their destination when they were done.
:)


Treppa wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
The days of snatching 2-3 hours between jobs is OVER baby!

Still doing that, meself. I was having trouble falling asleep while driving and veering off the road, across the center line, etc. I started stopping for coffee as soon as I start nodding. Now I sleep while driving - I actually dream and stay on the road. Then, when I wake up, I don't know where I am, nor if I am really awake or still dreaming.

It's awful.

Please stop doing that, Treppa. 'tis a recipe for becoming road pizza.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ragadolf wrote:


And dang it Turin, STOP TALKIN' ABOUT FOOD! Yer MAKIN' ME HUNGRY!
<Shakes fist>

If making you hungry got DMCal to make a big batch o' crockpot chow and go outside to grill for a day, it was worth every post. :D

15,151 to 15,200 of 15,336 << first < prev | 297 | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | 305 | 306 | 307 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Off-Topic Discussions / The Monkey's Treefort All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.