Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Lords of Rust (GM Reference)


Iron Gods

1 to 50 of 324 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo Employee Paizo Glitterati Robot

GM reference thread for Lords of Rust.


So my plan for revealing Hellion is gonna be a bit different than in the book. Instead of a demonic visage on the monitors, Hellion takes the form of a dragon. This, I think, is a much more convincing illusion, both from a metagame perspective and in-game: dragons have gigantic egos, after all.

However, I'm still also going to subtly imply that maybe it's not a dragon, but an upstart spellcaster from the Technic League who is organizing an army, excavating some terrible weapon, and marching on Starfall to mount a major expedition to Silver Mount, where they will get an even bigger, badder weapon. Since at least two of my players have had nasty run-ins with the League before, I think this is going to make perfect sense to them.

That, or to really throw the players off: a cyberdragon. If that doesn't instill some fear into them, I don't know what will. They'd only be slightly less terrified when they realize that the cyberdragon is in fact a mythic robot with spellcasting abilities.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Very nice :) I like it :)

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Neongelion wrote:

So my plan for revealing Hellion is gonna be a bit different than in the book. Instead of a demonic visage on the monitors, Hellion takes the form of a dragon. This, I think, is a much more convincing illusion, both from a metagame perspective and in-game: dragons have gigantic egos, after all.

However, I'm still also going to subtly imply that maybe it's not a dragon, but an upstart spellcaster from the Technic League who is organizing an army, excavating some terrible weapon, and marching on Starfall to mount a major expedition to Silver Mount, where they will get an even bigger, badder weapon. Since at least two of my players have had nasty run-ins with the League before, I think this is going to make perfect sense to them.

That, or to really throw the players off: a cyberdragon. If that doesn't instill some fear into them, I don't know what will. They'd only be slightly less terrified when they realize that the cyberdragon is in fact a mythic robot with spellcasting abilities.

Sounds good... but...

Spoiler:
Hellion taking the appearance of a demon/devil is a specific story choice. Later, in the last adventure, the PCs discover that Unity uses angellic visages to interact with its worshipers. It's a deliberate bit of oppositional thematics, in effect, between Unity and its rebellious child, Hellion. Just something to keep in mind before you pull the dragon trigger!


James Jacobs wrote:
Neongelion wrote:

So my plan for revealing Hellion is gonna be a bit different than in the book. Instead of a demonic visage on the monitors, Hellion takes the form of a dragon. This, I think, is a much more convincing illusion, both from a metagame perspective and in-game: dragons have gigantic egos, after all.

However, I'm still also going to subtly imply that maybe it's not a dragon, but an upstart spellcaster from the Technic League who is organizing an army, excavating some terrible weapon, and marching on Starfall to mount a major expedition to Silver Mount, where they will get an even bigger, badder weapon. Since at least two of my players have had nasty run-ins with the League before, I think this is going to make perfect sense to them.

That, or to really throw the players off: a cyberdragon. If that doesn't instill some fear into them, I don't know what will. They'd only be slightly less terrified when they realize that the cyberdragon is in fact a mythic robot with spellcasting abilities.

Sounds good... but...

** spoiler omitted **

That definitely does put things in perspective. Hmm....Ill have to think about this now.


6 people marked this as a favorite.

I think I am going to have tons of fun with Hellion.

"Look at you, barbarian, a pa-pa-pathetic adventurer of meat and bone, raging and panting trough my dungeon corridors"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOFZ5fv_pb8


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Neongelion wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Neongelion wrote:

So my plan for revealing Hellion is gonna be a bit different than in the book. Instead of a demonic visage on the monitors, Hellion takes the form of a dragon. This, I think, is a much more convincing illusion, both from a metagame perspective and in-game: dragons have gigantic egos, after all.

However, I'm still also going to subtly imply that maybe it's not a dragon, but an upstart spellcaster from the Technic League who is organizing an army, excavating some terrible weapon, and marching on Starfall to mount a major expedition to Silver Mount, where they will get an even bigger, badder weapon. Since at least two of my players have had nasty run-ins with the League before, I think this is going to make perfect sense to them.

That, or to really throw the players off: a cyberdragon. If that doesn't instill some fear into them, I don't know what will. They'd only be slightly less terrified when they realize that the cyberdragon is in fact a mythic robot with spellcasting abilities.

Sounds good... but...

** spoiler omitted **

That definitely does put things in perspective. Hmm....Ill have to think about this now.

Oh oh oh! I have a solution!

Spoiler:
Make Hellion look like a twisted vicious evil-looking chromatic dragon of indeterminate color. (i.e. It could be a red dragon with scales nearly fully blackened by scorch marks to make it perhaps a black dragon.) Meanwhile, Unity portrays itself as a proud majestic shimmering metallic dragon composed of all seven skymetals (and perhaps a few more). Play up Hellion's horrific appearance and, when the time comes, Unity's beatific one.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

So, looking at Hellion's statblock, his initiative seems a little small. +6/-14 is accurate for Improved Initiative and 14 Int (Aggregate AIs still use Int instead of Dex), but it has Mythic Improved Initiative, so shouldn't it add its Mythic Tier of 4 to its initiative, making it +10/-10?


Espagnoll wrote:

I think I am going to have tons of fun with Hellion.

"Look at you, barbarian, a pa-pa-pathetic adventurer of meat and bone, raging and panting trough my dungeon corridors"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOFZ5fv_pb8

You're going to have him speak like Max Headroom?


So about Hellion...

Spoiler:
Would he outright tell Kulgara that he's an artificial intelligence, as per Kulgara's notes/journal in her entry in the NPC Appendix? I know the term would mean nothing to her, so why would he say this?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Neongelion wrote:

So about Hellion...

** spoiler omitted **

He might indeed. In fact, it's probably best if that particular secret isn't kept long from the players so that they realize what kind of things they're up against, even if their characters don't.


Pendagast wrote:
Espagnoll wrote:

I think I am going to have tons of fun with Hellion.

"Look at you, barbarian, a pa-pa-pathetic adventurer of meat and bone, raging and panting trough my dungeon corridors"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOFZ5fv_pb8

You're going to have him speak like Max Headroom?

It fits with the technogrunge aesthetics of the module and is part of the charm of this AP, but now you had mention that character...I think it could be fun to introduce an A.I. NPC follower bard (demagogue) connected to an holographic projector. Maybe a town crier from Hajoth Hakados: "Fla-fla-flash news! The party is being attacked by mutant-tant-tant orcs!"


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Espagnoll wrote:
Pendagast wrote:
Espagnoll wrote:

I think I am going to have tons of fun with Hellion.

"Look at you, barbarian, a pa-pa-pathetic adventurer of meat and bone, raging and panting trough my dungeon corridors"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOFZ5fv_pb8

You're going to have him speak like Max Headroom?
It fits with the technogrunge aesthetics of the module and is part of the charm of this AP, but now you had mention that character...I think it could be fun to introduce an A.I. NPC follower bard (demagogue) connected to an holographic projector. Maybe a town crier from Hajoth Hakados: "Fla-fla-flash news! The party is being attacked by mutant-tant-tant orcs!"

The more ideas people come up with, the more I begin to hope I might actually be able to talk my best gamer friend into giving Pathfinder, or at least this AP a try...


Stat block question:

spoiler:
Why is Sevroth Slaid's unarmed damage 1d8? Wouldn't it be 1d6 for a 2nd level brawler? What'd I miss?

Dark Archive

Two questions I've got:

1): The Envoy's Mouthpiece. What language (other than the obvious being set to translate stuff into and out of Androffan) is it programmed for? I can assign something myself (Aklo probably makes sense, Kasatha a distant second) but I'd like to know if there was an idea for a set language from the get-go.

2): Memory Facets. Being technological artifacts, what sort of DC should be set for identifying them? Same goes for the other tech artifacts folks find, I guess. Some of 'em I can see being relatively easy (the power relay has screens, and I've got two folks so far who can read Androffan so I could have the device's basic function become obvious from reading the screens), but crystals with plugs on their bottoms could prove problematic unless I just start marking 'em.

Actually, unless a better idea comes up, I think I'll have a little engraved plate on the side of the plugs that gives something for the PCs to work on (MEM-F 003-210009-2: *INHIBIT*).


So, many of Hellion's "clerics" share the same haircut?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

N'wah wrote:

Two questions I've got:

1): The Envoy's Mouthpiece. What language (other than the obvious being set to translate stuff into and out of Androffan) is it programmed for? I can assign something myself (Aklo probably makes sense, Kasatha a distant second) but I'd like to know if there was an idea for a set language from the get-go.

2): Memory Facets. Being technological artifacts, what sort of DC should be set for identifying them? Same goes for the other tech artifacts folks find, I guess. Some of 'em I can see being relatively easy (the power relay has screens, and I've got two folks so far who can read Androffan so I could have the device's basic function become obvious from reading the screens), but crystals with plugs on their bottoms could prove problematic unless I just start marking 'em.

Actually, unless a better idea comes up, I think I'll have a little engraved plate on the side of the plugs that gives something for the PCs to work on (MEM-F 003-210009-2: *INHIBIT*).

1) Aklo makes the most sense.

2) I'd say DC 30 for a Memory Facet. That's a good round number for most artifacts, actually... makes it tough but the fact that they're artifacts and thus pretty famous, in theory, offsets what would normally be a really high check. Plus, that inscription on the side is cool.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Irnk, Dead-Eye's Prodigal wrote:
The more ideas people come up with, the more I begin to hope I might actually be able to talk my best gamer friend into giving Pathfinder, or at least this AP a try...

I still think playing space age bachelor pad music when the players enter crashed modules of Divinity would make for a suitably creepy effect.

As we all learned from Guardians of the Galaxy, the ship's stereo is more resilient than the rest of the ship. :)

(This is another good one.)


Cthulhudrew wrote:
Irnk, Dead-Eye's Prodigal wrote:
The more ideas people come up with, the more I begin to hope I might actually be able to talk my best gamer friend into giving Pathfinder, or at least this AP a try...

I still think playing space age bachelor pad music when the players enter crashed modules of Divinity would make for a suitably creepy effect.

As we all learned from Guardians of the Galaxy, the ship's stereo is more resilient than the rest of the ship. :)

(This is another good one.)

This AP seems to agree with that part of GotG.

Dark Archive

James Jacobs wrote:
N'wah wrote:

Two questions I've got:

1): The Envoy's Mouthpiece. What language (other than the obvious being set to translate stuff into and out of Androffan) is it programmed for? I can assign something myself (Aklo probably makes sense, Kasatha a distant second) but I'd like to know if there was an idea for a set language from the get-go.

2): Memory Facets. Being technological artifacts, what sort of DC should be set for identifying them? Same goes for the other tech artifacts folks find, I guess. Some of 'em I can see being relatively easy (the power relay has screens, and I've got two folks so far who can read Androffan so I could have the device's basic function become obvious from reading the screens), but crystals with plugs on their bottoms could prove problematic unless I just start marking 'em.

Actually, unless a better idea comes up, I think I'll have a little engraved plate on the side of the plugs that gives something for the PCs to work on (MEM-F 003-210009-2: *INHIBIT*).

1) Aklo makes the most sense.

2) I'd say DC 30 for a Memory Facet. That's a good round number for most artifacts, actually... makes it tough but the fact that they're artifacts and thus pretty famous, in theory, offsets what would normally be a really high check. Plus, that inscription on the side is cool.

Thanks, sir!


A few questions about

Spoilers:
excavator.
Namely,how many energy players need to bring it online,and what's it top land(and sub-land) speed?Does it have on-board reactor?

Also,how many seconds players will have before entire Technic League performs orbital drop on them after that thing emerges?


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Vlad Koroboff wrote:

A few questions about ** spoiler omitted **

Also,how many seconds players will have before entire Technic League performs orbital drop on them after that thing emerges?

Spoiler:
Probably upwards of around 10,000+ charges, or something equally astronomical. It would probably have both a base land speed and burrow speed of around 100ish feet, with a max of 260 (30 mph). A reactor would be extremely unlikely because then Hellion would probably seek to fix and refuel it instead of charging its power cells. And depending on whether or not it remained submerged the whole time, the Technic League might never know about it until it hit the side of Silvermount. At which point it would probably be destroyed as the AP suggests that Hellion is drastically underestimating Silvermount's strength.

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

So, I have a couple questions about the Rhu-Chalik.
1. Its Project Terror ability causes the subject to become frightened but doesn't state a duration, how long would be fair for that?

2. Do sleeping characters get will saves to resist and would failing a save against Project Terror wake them up?

3. How close does it have to be for it to use Void Transmission?


Nakteo wrote:


** spoiler omitted **

Spoilers:
Kinda makes sense to have an on-board reactor on that monstrosity.Maybe power banks are needed to jump-start it?

What we KNOW,is that maximum amount of energy transferable through Torch is 93 days times 10 charges/hour,or about twenty thousand charges.And this somehow supposed to power Bolo for enough time to dig out,drive to Silver Mountain and do...something.And i assume it at least isn't planned as one-way trip.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Nakteo wrote:

So, I have a couple questions about the Rhu-Chalik.

1. Its Project Terror ability causes the subject to become frightened but doesn't state a duration, how long would be fair for that?

2. Do sleeping characters get will saves to resist and would failing a save against Project Terror wake them up?

3. How close does it have to be for it to use Void Transmission?

1) 1 round.

2) Sleeping creatures always get Will saves, and a failed save in this case probably WOULD wake them up, as if they were starting awake from a nightmare.

3) No range limit; once the conditions are right, the rhu-chalik can use void transmission at any range. Essentially, once its Wisdom damage attack knocks someone out, the rhu-chalik absorbs all the information it needs to transmit into its body at that point and can attempt to void transmit it later at its convenience as long as the conditions remain unchanged. In almost all cases, the rhu-chalik will try to transmit at once, or at the very least, as soon as it's out of immediate danger.


Why do the 4 ruined spacesuits (in the haunted wreck) can be sold only for 200gp each? Shouldn't it be 450gp each? that's the 1% of selling value for the 90000gp (market value) spacesuit.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

leo1925 wrote:
Why do the 4 ruined spacesuits (in the haunted wreck) can be sold only for 200gp each? Shouldn't it be 450gp each? that's the 1% of selling value for the 90000gp (market value) spacesuit.

Because they're THAT ruined. They're essentially reduced to nothing more than weird curiosities.

That said, if you want to up the price to 450 gp, that should be fine, but keep in mind that these adventures do already hand out quite a lot of loot...


Actually,what prevents Memory of Function and/or Greater Make Whole on this suits except the fact that players don't have access to them yet,and,ahem,balance?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Vlad Koroboff wrote:

Actually,what prevents Memory of Function and/or Greater Make Whole on this suits except the fact that players don't have access to them yet,and,ahem,balance?

The GM who doesn't want the AP to get derailed or to have to build up a bunch of additional content using time he/she doesn't have is what prevents it.


James Jacobs wrote:


The GM who doesn't want the AP to get derailed or to have to build up a bunch of additional content using time he/she doesn't have is what prevents it.

So,basically,nothing in my case.Thanks.

Because i fail to see how a few inferior pieces of armor that none of my players can wear in combat,and that can't actually be sold(because only buyers with that kind of cash are,as usual,Technic League)can derail anything but a toy train.
A few more hundred pounds on a party mule,more likely.Which they don't have.NOW that's derailing!


@Vlad Koroboff
Actually by the end of lords of rust the players will have access to greater make whole if they have a cleric, and considering that during the lords of rust the players can't sell or buy anything (unless they leave scrapwall and go on a trip) they might very well still have the ruined spacesuits.
Why couldn't they be sold? (i assume you are talking about repaired spacesuits)
45000gp is well within the purchase limit of a lot of large cities.

EDIT: While memory of function will restore the spacesuits completely, greater make whole will simply repair them, they will still be timeworn technology with no charges left, so 1% of the selling value (which is 450gp each).

James Jacobs wrote:
leo1925 wrote:
Why do the 4 ruined spacesuits (in the haunted wreck) can be sold only for 200gp each? Shouldn't it be 450gp each? that's the 1% of selling value for the 90000gp (market value) spacesuit.

Because they're THAT ruined. They're essentially reduced to nothing more than weird curiosities.

That said, if you want to up the price to 450 gp, that should be fine, but keep in mind that these adventures do already hand out quite a lot of loot...

I understand what you are saying about gold inflation but isn't the 1% of the selling value supposed to represent the technological items that are reduced to nothing more than curiosites?


leo1925 wrote:

@Vlad Koroboff

Actually by the end of lords of rust the players will have access to greater make whole if they have a cleric

I'm pretty sure that being powdered by time/necromancy counts as warped for make whole.Debatable.I would not allow it.Maybe at later caster level?

leo1925 wrote:


Why couldn't they be sold? (i assume you are talking about repaired spacesuits)
45000gp is well within the purchase value of a lot of large cities.

Because they are not worth 45k just because book says so.It is,for all intents and purposes,non-masterwork half-plate that weights a little less.Resistances are good,but how do you explain them to prospective buyer(and especially the fact that they stop working after 24 hours),and immunity to radiation and vacuum is worthless for anyone not expecting to face such threats i.e. Technic League.

And why would they pay?


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I am pretty sure there is a black market for technological artifacts - workings ones as well collectables.

Also, the party could use the TL Guy from FoC as a double agent / merchant for stuff like that.


Arthun wrote:


I am pretty sure there is a black market for technological artifacts - workings ones as well collectables.
Also, the party could use the TL Guy from FoC as a double agent / merchant for stuff like that.

That actually makes perfect sense.Treat that thing as technological artifact,with no set price.

My point being,regardless of being damaged,ruined,or in pristine condition,this is technological curiosity at best and more likely just 35 pounds of weight.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Vlad Koroboff wrote:
Arthun wrote:


I am pretty sure there is a black market for technological artifacts - workings ones as well collectables.
Also, the party could use the TL Guy from FoC as a double agent / merchant for stuff like that.

That actually makes perfect sense.Treat that thing as technological artifact,with no set price.

My point being,regardless of being damaged,ruined,or in pristine condition,this is technological curiosity at best and more likely just 35 pounds of weight.

True

35 pounds of weight worth 400 gp in a place no one will visit for some time because of what's been there very long

The party still can get the stuff when they are finished in rusty hills - or they are allied with the rats and those do the salvaging of stuff for them.


Arthun wrote:


True
35 pounds of weight worth 400 gp in a place no one will visit for some time because of what's been there very long

I bet at the very least you can make a nice looking golem of it or something.

Fun fact:i just called my players,described spacesuit to them,and asked,how much they,knowing that they play Iron Gods and actually have to deal with radiation sometimes,would be willing to pay for such technological marvel.
Best offer was,sadly,just below 10k.


Vlad Koroboff wrote:
Arthun wrote:


True
35 pounds of weight worth 400 gp in a place no one will visit for some time because of what's been there very long

I bet at the very least you can make a nice looking golem of it or something.

Fun fact:i just called my players,described spacesuit to them,and asked,how much they,knowing that they play Iron Gods and actually have to deal with radiation sometimes,would be willing to pay for such technological marvel.
Best offer was,sadly,just below 10k.

Does your game have Credit Cards or something?


Planning to add my own secondary villain that captures Hellion's consciousness as he tries to transmit to one of the scrapyard robots. He would later attempt to absurd him as Hellion wanted to do to Cassandalee. Would this work?


Vlad Koroboff wrote:
leo1925 wrote:

@Vlad Koroboff

Actually by the end of lords of rust the players will have access to greater make whole if they have a cleric

I'm pretty sure that being powdered by time/necromancy counts as warped for make whole.Debatable.I would not allow it.Maybe at later caster level?

I am not sure i understand you, what do you mean by wraped and what does this has to do with make whole?

Also what does caster level has to do with repairing technological items with greater make whole?

Vlad Koroboff wrote:
leo1925 wrote:

Why couldn't they be sold? (i assume you are talking about repaired spacesuits)

45000gp is well within the purchase value of a lot of large cities.

Because they are not worth 45k just because book says so.It is,for all intents and purposes,non-masterwork half-plate that weights a little less.Resistances are good,but how do you explain them to prospective buyer(and especially the fact that they stop working after 24 hours),and immunity to radiation and vacuum is worthless for anyone not expecting to face such threats i.e. Technic League.

And why would they pay?

As you can see i thought you were talking about restored spacesuits, were you talking about the ruined ones when you said that they can't be sold?

Vlad Koroboff wrote:

Fun fact:i just called my players,described spacesuit to them,and asked,how much they,knowing that they play Iron Gods and actually have to deal with radiation sometimes,would be willing to pay for such technological marvel.

Best offer was,sadly,just below 10k.

Understandable, radiation isn't very difficult to deal with.


leo1925 wrote:


I am not sure i understand you, what do you mean by wraped and what does this has to do with make whole?

Greater make whole functions as make whole which functions as mending.

And mending has no effect for warped or transmuted objects,but still repair damage to them.And yes,this wording hurts my brain.
leo1925 wrote:


Also what does caster level has to do with repairing technological items with greater make whole?

Nothing,but it's better than either say no because script said so or allow repair with one spell slot without material components.

I think.
leo1925 wrote:


As you can see i thought you were talking about restored spacesuits, were you talking about the ruined ones when you said that they can't be sold?

Ruined ones can be sold easily(even the script say so!).But working ones,and for any fraction of listed price?That's crazy talk.

I actually re-checked,and it closer to scale mail than half-plate.
200gp market price,anyone?

leo1925 wrote:


Understandable, radiation isn't very difficult to deal with.

It's not just that,that thing(space suit) is obviously intended for the technical personnel working in a dangerous environment.

Challenge:name one technical-inclined class with heavy armor proficiency.
I probably can,but that requires a lot of digging.
You could make dreamscarred's Warder work,i guess.
Oh well.Have space suit,will travel.
I just KNOW my players will keep the suits because of this book!


@Vlad Koroboff
As i said above (in the EDIT), even if greater make whole is used to repair the spacesuits they will still be timeworn tech items with no charges left, which means that they can be sold at 1% of the selling value (which is 450gp each), so there isn't a big deal.

About the wraped thing, ok now i get it, yes this might be the case but i don't think that it's an issue here even if they are repaired with greater make whole because it's 260gp difference from what the script says*.
An issue could arrise if the players go into some big city, buy scrolls of memory of function (12275 gp each), use them on the armors and then sell them for 45000gp each. Fortunately this plan has a lot of difficulties and i won't think that most players will try to do it.

*which i still think that it's an unnecessary price reduction since there is alredy a price reduction rule in place (the 1% thingy), i think that it's better to remove 104 silverdisks from elsewhere in the scrapwall in order to bring the wealth in line.


leo1925 wrote:
they will still be timeworn tech items with no charges left

Well,you could dance around it.One level of technomancer comes to mind.

Recondition,recharge fully,give away,repeat as needed.There is even far more useful laser rifle in the adventure,and the trick works for it too.
leo1925 wrote:
and then sell them for 45000gp each.

I think that's actually the problem.Item clearly is not worth that much.It's a scale mail with bells and whistles!

So,my solution would be to change price to something less crazy.Probably remove price altogether and make them artifacts.Easier that way.
Because,here's the true problem,at least potentially.
In the above example,we assumed technomancer with one level.
What if it's actually level 4?Recondition,recycle,ZING!75% of crafting cost of each suit available to use for crafting at the first available lab.
Hell,even if we assume DM banned make whole and memory of function,it's still 10%,which is vastly more than 200gp that we are offered by the script.


Question:
Didn't Divinity's AI took the name Unity after the crash?

I ask this because we have captain Yurian Valako calling the AI by the name Unity in his last report, also the same thing happens with the gearsman in the fires of creation.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

leo1925 wrote:

Question:

Didn't Divinity's AI took the name Unity after the crash?

I ask this because we have captain Yurian Valako calling the AI by the name Unity in his last report, also the same thing happens with the gearsman in the fires of creation.

It gets a little confusing, but to clear it up...

Spoiler:
Unity was known as "Unity" during the ship's heyday, in the same way the AI on Alien's Nostromo was "Mother" or the AI from 2001 was "HAL." The bit that says it took the name after the crash was kind of sloppily written, I suppose—it should read more like "came into its own after the crash as a self-sustained intelligence."


I know there are no actual bonuses for skinning the mutant manticore and wearing its hide, but what would be a cool, minor flavor bonus for my PCs that could be added to the game without messing with mechanics? Also, any flavor repercussions, considering the manticore is mutant and irradiated.


Would defeating Hellion counts for Mythic Ascension?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

my guess is that would be up to you as i doubt its written into the adventures:)


James Jacobs wrote:
leo1925 wrote:

Question:

Didn't Divinity's AI took the name Unity after the crash?

I ask this because we have captain Yurian Valako calling the AI by the name Unity in his last report, also the same thing happens with the gearsman in the fires of creation.

It gets a little confusing, but to clear it up...

** spoiler omitted **

Thank you James.

Another question, how much scrap worth do the PCs need to gather in order to be summoned to fight in the arena? (i can't seem to find it in the book)

@Guy St-Amant
I don't think that defeating a mythic creature should enough to ascend yourself.


leo1925 wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
leo1925 wrote:

Question:

Didn't Divinity's AI took the name Unity after the crash?

I ask this because we have captain Yurian Valako calling the AI by the name Unity in his last report, also the same thing happens with the gearsman in the fires of creation.

It gets a little confusing, but to clear it up...

** spoiler omitted **

Thank you James.

Another question, how much scrap worth do the PCs need to gather in order to be summoned to fight in the arena? (i can't seem to find it in the book)

@Guy St-Amant
I don't think that defeating a mythic creature should enough to ascend yourself.

Mythic Ascension in Mythic Adventures says otherwise (and Mythic Ascension, not Deific) (in "Passed On").


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

mythic ascension, especially in adventures not designed with it in mind is always under the discretion of individual GMs (i.e. you, i assume) so if you think it would work thematically and don't mind the extra man hours tweaking the rat of the adventures, have at it:)

of course i'm not a developer, but i'm fairly confident that would be their answer:)

1 to 50 of 324 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder Adventure Path / Iron Gods / Lords of Rust (GM Reference) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.