Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Advanced Class Guide Potential Errors


Product Discussion

1,101 to 1,116 of 1,116 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Pg. 216 - Table 5-6: Specific Weapons

This table lists two weapons as Greater Medium Specific Weapons. Going by the price categories from Ultimate Equipment, however, the rapier of battlefield movement is actually a Lesser Major Specific Weapon and the duelist's comate is a Greater Major Specific Weapon.

Liberty's Edge

Strife2002 wrote:

Pg. 69 - Elves, arcanist favored class ability grants a full point to their the arcane reservoir ability every level it's taken. Meanwhile, gnome arcanists only gain 1/6th of a point every level. This discrepancy is unprecedented.

Pg. 70 - As described above, gnome arcanists only gain a 1/6th of a new arcane reservoir point every level they take this bonus, while elves on the previous page gain a full point every level.

Actually, you should re-read, the two don't do the same thing at all. The Elf version improves your maximum amount of Arcane Reservoir at any one time without giving you any way to fill it. The Gnome version grants actual extra points every day.

So a 6th level Arcanist without FC bonuses has 6 points in their Reservoir at the start of the day and a maximum of 9 at any one time.

A 6th level Gnome Arcanist with 6 levels of Favored Class bonuses starts every day with 7, but still has a max of 9 at any one time.

A 6th level Elf Arcanist with 6 levels of Favored Class bonuses starts every day with 6 points, but can hold up to 15 at once.

Given how gaining points in Arcane Reservoir works, a larger maximum number of points at any one time is of very limited utility compared to actual extra points per day, so this difference is pretty reasonable.

Grand Lodge

Deadmanwalking wrote:
Strife2002 wrote:

Pg. 69 - Elves, arcanist favored class ability grants a full point to their the arcane reservoir ability every level it's taken. Meanwhile, gnome arcanists only gain 1/6th of a point every level. This discrepancy is unprecedented.

Pg. 70 - As described above, gnome arcanists only gain a 1/6th of a new arcane reservoir point every level they take this bonus, while elves on the previous page gain a full point every level.

Actually, you should re-read, the two don't do the same thing at all. The Elf version improves your maximum amount of Arcane Reservoir at any one time without giving you any way to fill it. The Gnome version grants actual extra points every day.

So a 6th level Arcanist without FC bonuses has 6 points in their Reservoir at the start of the day and a maximum of 9 at any one time.

A 6th level Gnome Arcanist with 6 levels of Favored Class bonuses starts every day with 7, but still has a max of 9 at any one time.

A 6th level Elf Arcanist with 6 levels of Favored Class bonuses starts every day with 6 points, but can hold up to 15 at once.

Given how gaining points in Arcane Reservoir works, a larger maximum number of points at any one time is of very limited utility compared to actual extra points per day, so this difference is pretty reasonable.

You are absolutely correct, thank you.

Liberty's Edge

Strife2002 wrote:
You are absolutely correct, thank you.

You're quite welcome. I'm always happy to be of assistance.


Deadmanwalking wrote:
Given how gaining points in Arcane Reservoir works, a larger maximum number of points at any one time is of very limited utility compared to actual extra points per day, so this difference is pretty reasonable.

This wasn't the case before the consuming options got over-nerfed. Back in the day, you could consume lots of lower level spells out of combat to get an extra large pool while adventuring.

Liberty's Edge

Melkiador wrote:
Deadmanwalking wrote:
Given how gaining points in Arcane Reservoir works, a larger maximum number of points at any one time is of very limited utility compared to actual extra points per day, so this difference is pretty reasonable.
This wasn't the case before the consuming options got over-nerfed. Back in the day, you could consume lots of lower level spells out of combat to get an extra large pool while adventuring.

Sure...but even then, there's little incentive to have more than 9-10 Reservoir per fight (and you get that much and more by even mid levels), so you could just burn it all each fight then refresh via spell-eating rather than loading up at the start of the day.


Deadmanwalking wrote:
Sure...but even then, there's little incentive to have more than 9-10 Reservoir per fight (and you get that much and more by even mid levels), so you could just burn it all each fight then refresh via spell-eating rather than loading up at the start of the day.

That depends on your build. The occultist archetype is the one that needs it the most, but other builds can blow through the pool too.

Liberty's Edge

Melkiador wrote:
Deadmanwalking wrote:
Sure...but even then, there's little incentive to have more than 9-10 Reservoir per fight (and you get that much and more by even mid levels), so you could just burn it all each fight then refresh via spell-eating rather than loading up at the start of the day.
That depends on your build. The occultist archetype is the one that needs it the most, but other builds can blow through the pool too.

Even if you're doing it almost every round, Consume Spells is only a Move Action. Saving yourself two to four move actions per combat as an Full Arcane Spellcaster isn't exactly a bad Class Feature, but it's not super necessary either.


It's pretty important for metamagic use though! You need a full-round action to apply it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

About the Spirit Link ability for the Spirit Whisperer:

Quote:
Spirit Link (Su): At 1st level, a spirit whisperer forms a mystical bond with a spirit. The spirit whisperer picks a spirit from the shaman’s list of spirits (see page 37). At 1st level, he gains the spirit ability granted by that spirit. At 8th level, he gains the greater spirit ability granted by that spirit. At 20th level, the spirit whisperer gains the manifestation ability granted by that spirit. He uses his wizard level as his shaman level for determining the effects and the DCs of abilities granted by the spirit. In addition, he uses his Intelligence modifier in place of his Wisdom modifier for these abilities. He does not gain hexes, spirit magic spells, or the true spirit ability typically granted to a shaman by these spirits. This ability replaces arcane school and the bonus feat gained at 20th level.

Currently none of the spirit abilities actually use the Wisdom modifier. The spirit abilities that use do an ability modifier are based on Charisma as far as I can tell.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as FAQ candidate. 1 person marked this as a favorite.

Pg. 185 - Invisibility alarm

This is a 1st-level extract for alchemists and investigators, however according to the rules for extracts on page 27 of the APG, extracts can never be made from spells that have a focus component.

Grand Lodge

Mythic Spells and Advanced Class Guide Classes

If using either the arcanist, investigator, skald, or warpriest with mythic rules, determining their list of mythic spells is easy (just use the sorcerer/wizard, alchemist, bard, or cleric/oracle [up to 6th-level spells] lists, respectively). For the bloodrager, hunter, and shaman, however, their lists are for the most part unique (the hunter copies two spell lists and takes the lower level for spells found on each, so it can be annoying when making a comprehensive list of mythic spells). Below are the mythic spell lists for these three classes.

Bloodrager Mythic Spells:
1st-Level Bloodrager Spells: break, burning hands, color spray, ear-piercing scream, endure elements, enlarge person, expeditious retreat, feather fall, hydraulic push, mage armor, magic missile, protection from chaos/evil/good/law, reduce person, shadow weapon, shocking grasp, true strike.
2nd-Level Bloodrager Spells: ablative barrier, animal aspect, blindness/deafness, boiling blood, burning gaze, disfiguring touch, dust of twilight, false life, gust of wind, mirror image, protection from arrows, resist energy, scorching ray, shatter, spider climb, unshakable chill.
3rd-Level Bloodrager Spells: beast shape I, burrow, draconic reservoir, fireball, firestream, fly, force punch, haste, heroism, hydraulic torrent, lightning bolt, magic weapon (greater), monstrous physique I, phantom steed, slow, stinking cloud, vampiric touch.
4th-Level Bloodrager Spells: beast shape II, black tentacles, confusion, contagion, dragon's breath, elemental body I, enervation, fire shield, ice storm, monstrous physique II, phantasmal killer, shout, stoneskin, wall of fire, wall of ice.

Hunter Mythic Spells:
1st-Level Hunter Spells: anticipate peril, call animal, cure light wounds, endure elements, entangle, faerie fire, goodberry, hydraulic push, know the enemy, magic fang, mighty fist of the earth, obscuring mist, resist energy, sun metal.
2nd-Level Hunter Spells: animal aspect, barkskin, burning gaze, chill metal, feast of ashes, flame blade, fog cloud, gust of wind, heat metal, pernicious poison, pox pustules, ricochet shot, spider climb, summon swarm, unshakable chill.
3rd-Level Hunter Spells: battle trance, burrow, call lightning, companion mind link, contagion, cup of dust, cure moderate wounds, daylight, hydraulic torrent, magic fang (greater), named bullet, share glory, stone shape.
4th-Level Hunter Spells: arboreal hammer, cape of wasps, cure serious wounds, dispel magic, flame strike, giant vermin, ice storm, spike stones, true form.
5th-Level Hunter Spells: baleful polymorph, cure critical wounds, fire snake, lend path, stoneskin, wall of fire, wall of thorns.
6th-Level Hunter Spells: fire seeds, move earth, repel wood, terraform, wall of stone.

Shaman Mythic Spells:
1st-Level Shaman Spells: bane, bless, burning hands, cure light wounds, endure elements, entangle, goodberry, hex ward, hydraulic push, inflict light wounds, obscuring mist, protection from chaos/evil/good/law, sleep.
2nd-Level Shaman Spells: barkskin, burning gaze, cure moderate wounds, darkness, false life, flame blade, fog cloud, inflict moderate wounds, levitate, resist energy, spiritual weapon, summon swarm.
3rd-Level Shaman Spells: animate dead, blindness/deafness, call lightning, cure serious wounds, daylight, deep slumber, dispel magic, fly, inflict serious wounds, magic vestment, stinking cloud, stone shape.
4th-Level Shaman Spells: cure critical wounds, detect scrying, giant vermin, ice storm, inflict critical wounds, magic weapon (greater), sands of time, sending, solid fog, spike stones.
5th-Level Shaman Spells: baleful polymorph, break enchantment, breath of life, dominate person, flame strike, stoneskin, wall of fire, wall of thorns.
6th-Level Shaman Spells: cone of cold, fire seeds, flesh to stone, wall of stone.
7th-Level Shaman Spells: animate plants, control weather, harm, heal, plane shift, regenerate, sunbeam.
8th-Level Shaman Spells: earthquake, fire storm, irresistible dance, whirlwind.
9th-Level Shaman Spells: foresight, storm of vengeance, tsunami.

EDIT: Had to repost after realizing I had missed several and time was running out to edit.

Dark Archive

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

p. 146 Evolved Summoned Monster

typo- has prereg feat of "Augmented Summoning" should be "Augment Summoning"

Sovereign Court

P110 Animist Archetype 6th level spell does not exist (speak with stone). I think its supposed to be Stone Tell, did not find this error mentioned before so thought I would.

Dark Archive

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

p. 64 5th-Level Summoner Spells

missing comma between spells "dispel magic (greater) ethereal jaunt"

Grand Lodge

Strife2002 wrote:

Pg. 185 - Invisibility alarm

This is a 1st-level extract for alchemists and investigators, however according to the rules for extracts on page 27 of the APG, extracts can never be made from spells that have a focus component.

For what it's worth, James Jacobs in 2012 had a different idea of how this was supposed to work to explain alchemist extracts that have focus components.

From the Pathfinder Society Field Guide product thread.

Note that shortly after this someone points out to him what the actual text in the alchemist write-up says, to which his response is a short growl.

1,101 to 1,116 of 1,116 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder RPG / Paizo Products / Product Discussion / Advanced Class Guide Potential Errors All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Product Discussion

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.