So what's all the fuss about Aasimars and Tieflings anyway?


Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild

51 to 100 of 126 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
*****

Blazej wrote:


I like spreading my races out a bit, I currently have one character of every core race, Tengu, and Nagaji.

I too have a bunch of races spread out, favouring the core races (1/2Orc & 1/2Elf for the win!) but I have no Halflings or Gnomes. I am trying to become a more broadminded fellow, but I have Gnomophobia.

Shadow Lodge **

Shifty wrote:
I too have a bunch of races spread out, favouring the core races (1/2Orc & 1/2Elf for the win!) but I have no Halflings or Gnomes. I am trying to become a more broadminded fellow, but I have Gnomophobia.

I have no half-elves or half-orcs, but I have a halfling and a couple of gnomes...

Off-topic:
If they ever revisit whether to sanction the torchbearer archetypes, I'll probably make a half-elf blazing torchbearer alchemist...

Liberty's Edge

Shifty wrote:
Redfire wrote:
Dude. Imagine running one hundred games, just for one XP for a/ts. You'd be playing a game with a new character every time, which is really impractical since it'll make you lag behind the other players big time. It's just not practical and it's a headache for GMs and other players.

Still, how would that make a difference to either of us?

If some guy wants to make a conga-line of alts and run through a chain of 20 confirmations in the next four weeks to get a pile of Aasi and Tief banked up I can't see how it matters to anyone else how he spends his time.

If he falls behind then that has no bearing on you or I, nor anyone else, I would argue that the guy is possibly missing other experiences, or that it's a headache, but hey if he can find a likeminded GM and a minimum table of likeminded players then they can go their hardest IMO. Wont make a jot of difference to myself or anyone not part of their day to day group as far as I can see.

I'm not keen on running a conga line, but I can see that others would - this is a hobby/recreational activity, and like any other hobby there are always going to be a few who want to do something funky - but hey it's their leisure time, can't see why they'd get hated at for doing it (or even told it was in bad taste).

I don't hate them for doing that - it's their decision. It's just that it's a bit of a headache for themselves, the GMs and other players. If the GM allows it, then fine, but it just seems ridiculous and inconvenient - that's why Compton doesn't like the idea of it.

*****

Cool, so were on the same page that it means nothing to us and frankly it looks like a pain in the backside to do...for us. I agree it seems a bit silly and onerous, but if that's their bag then I don't see why you, nor I, nor Compton should chip them on it either.

People waste their time in a range of ways that make me shake my head... Golf for example... But ya know, if it floats their boat and gives them a happy on a Sunday morning then go for it guys.

Still don't think they should be criticised or told what they are doing is in bad taste, especially when it doesn't make any difference to anyone else's table. If it did make an impact on us then yeah chip away :)

Shadow Lodge ****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shifty wrote:
Kerney wrote:
Stockpiling 6 1xp a/t so you don't have to worry about that pesky rules change is another matter.

Why would it matter to anyone else anyhow?

If you stockpiled a hundred of them, what difference would it really make?

John and Mike asked us not to abuse the period before Aug. 14th by introducing a ton of new A/T.

Following that request strikes me as good manners.

As much good manners matter, this matters.

*****

That said, I can see the argument that the a/t players felt that they got dicked hence spamming to get a bunch of alts. Asking someone to show (subjectively) good manners after what they would argue (subjectively) was a major shafting seems destined for a mixed bag of responses.

That said, I dont think there would be that many who conga line, but if they did I still don't see how it matters to anyone.

Shadow Lodge ****

Pathfinder Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber

I'm marathoning a few (4-8) runs of the Confirmation for my work group, at their request. I know a few had some concepts rattling around that they hadn't gotten around to that now have a deadline.

The "Always Available" classification had them unworried about getting them finished anytime soon. Now there is a deadline.

Liberty's Edge **

Get aasimar the old fashioned way.

Go to cons. Get boons.

*****

Not everyone can afford to go to cons and get boons. Don't assume that being elitist, closing the ranks around people who can go to stuff like that are the only ones that deserve to play races, esp. ones that are fairly iconic at this point.

That said, I don't see a huge increase in the amount of Tiefling/Aasimar characters in my area either. I don't think that this is all that major of a change. Honestly, while I like to play Tieflings, and even have a few Aasimar of my own, this is not necessarily a bad thing, as many of the tieflings SPAs are problematic, and the Aasimar are stat unbalanced, as well as some unbalanced SPAs for them too.

*

GM Lamplighter wrote:
We have folks here planning on running Master of the Fallen Fortress five(!) times in a day to make a bunch of 1xp tieflings and aasimar. While they are cool for RP, both give a net +2 to abilities over any other race. Some players don't want to lose the "best" mechanical option in the game; others have concepts that work well with tor depend on the various mechanical options available to them.

Only aasimar give the net plus two over others. Humans can do this also, on any two stats you want, not just few found on aasimars. Most people don't think it is worth the feat and skill points to do it though.

*****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tempest_Knight wrote:

I'm marathoning a few (4-8) runs of the Confirmation for my work group, at their request. I know a few had some concepts rattling around that they hadn't gotten around to that now have a deadline.

And you know what? Good on you dude. Years from now you guys will still talk of that "marathon session" you all pulled off and will smile and high five each other; it will have anecdotes and stories springing from it long after the event, and that's good, because the hobby is meant to be fun and events like this are memorable - hope you guys have a blast and it all goes well.

Meanwhile, to everyone else in the universe, it will make nary a lick of real difference, except to a select few who will rankle about some other people somewhere who they haven't met having fun - especially with races they don't like.

Shadow Lodge ****

Tempest_Knight wrote:

I'm marathoning a few (4-8) runs of the Confirmation for my work group, at their request. I know a few had some concepts rattling around that they hadn't gotten around to that now have a deadline.

The "Always Available" classification had them unworried about getting them finished anytime soon. Now there is a deadline.

This is how it should be. Good for you.

Silver Crusade ****

Tempest_Knight wrote:
The "Always Available" classification had them unworried about getting them finished anytime soon. Now there is a deadline.

That's why I finally finished my tiefling PC. I had the idea and bought Blood of Fiends on PDF about a week before the announcement. And I was already signed up to play The Confirmation for the first time later this month, but I hadn't decided which character to use (I have several at level 2, plus a couple of new ideas rattling around in my head that I hadn't created yet, including the tiefling).

Having a deadline motivated me to bump the tiefling to the front of the line for creation and play him in The Confirmation. I still don't have an aasimar, and probably never will.

Paizo Employee ***** Developer

As it seems relevant to this thread, see my response to some of the concerns raised here in the referenced blog's discussion thread.


John Compton wrote:
As it seems relevant to this thread, see my response to some of the concerns raised here in the referenced blog's discussion thread.

thanks for your post youve shown me that those that make the rules within the society play dont actually care about the players as they are... if the only reason you didnt ban the races was because you didnt wanna effect the sales of your extra books well you failed that... the only reason we bought the books was for society play.. for a homegame were perfectly fine downloading a copy or looking up the information online...

you took some of the easiest chr to make out of the game.. an replaced it with something much harder for new people... removing an element of the game as well.. starting i know personally i weighted my options an found as a new player the aasimars were the easiest to start with even without the blood of angels books... it gives a good base to start with the chr..

i know your most like not going read this.. but removing something from a game isnt how you improve your product... you take the time an add... not remove... if something dosnt work you fix it... if a class is to powerful or not powerful enought you add something to make it more balanced... removing an option from a game is the wrong way to go about anything...

Grand Lodge ***** Venture-Captain, Arizona—Phoenix aka TriOmegaZero

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm trying really hard to place myself in your shoes and see your perspective on the campaign, but I am failing at it. I hope that you can find a campaign that suits your preferences, be it organized or private.

Sovereign Court *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Class Deck, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Baxcel wrote:
i know your most like not going read this.. but removing something from a game isnt how you improve your product... you take the time an add... not remove... if something dosnt work you fix it... if a class is to powerful or not powerful enought you add something to make it more balanced... removing an option from a game is the wrong way to go about anything...

That's not true. Paizo's philosophy is to print a bunch of rules and let the GMs decide what's appropriate for their campaign. Not everything that Paizo prints is going to be appropriate (see gun levels, piecemeal armor, words of power, etc.) John and Mike are the GMs of Pathfinder Society, so it is absolutely their responsibility to remove things that shouldn't be in the campaign.

To go along with that, if there is a campaign option that no longer serves to help the campaign, that no longer serves its intended purpose, or removing it will better support the campaign than allowing the option to stay legal, then it is their job to remove it. They can only improve the campaign if they can reevaluate their decisions to determine if they are still useful and reverse them if they no longer serve their purpose. Taking this ability away from the only serves to make them way more conservative in the future which means less fun toys for us.

*****

I do hope however, that as time goes on races allowed as limitless races, and boon only, could be used to help shape the campaign. It would allow a degree of customization the help orient season content and could be nice. This especially goes for having Tien lands have waxing and waning influence in the Society. Other such background connected races could be brought in for a season, and then dropped as new characters a season or 2 later.

Grand Lodge ****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber
Blazej wrote:

When Compton mentioned in the blog about people trying power running and making 10 characters before the rule change I thought that was a bit ridiculous. "Who would get so married to a race to make it so that every character option they play has be that race?"

I take it you missed the poster upthread who said that Aasimar characters are the only ones he's ever played. (presumably he did not start PFS until they became freely available), and when the option to make new ones is gone, he's done when he finishes playing his current stable.

Fact is the SLA's now counting for all sorts of pre-reqs that they would not have been considered a couple of years ago, has made planetouched the new munchkin toy. And some of them are pouting in the corner now.

Grand Lodge ****

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber
Baxcel wrote:
you took some of the easiest chr to make out of the game.. an replaced it with something much harder for new people... removing an element of the game as well.. starting i know personally i weighted my options an found as a new player the aasimars were the easiest to start with even without the blood of angels books... it gives a good base to start with the chr..

I really fail to see how any race could be "easier" than Human. With Humans there aren't any complicated spell like abilities to manage, you don't have to worry about certain buff spells not working on them, they get a bonus feat, and they get to place their plus 2 anywhere they want.

*

LazarX wrote:
I really fail to see how any race could be "easier" than Human. With Humans there aren't any complicated spell like abilities to manage, you don't have to worry about certain buff spells not working on them, they get a bonus feat, and they get to place their plus 2 anywhere they want.

Don't forget that with aasimar, you have to try to pair your "skilled" and your SLA with your ability-bonus needs to your concept. Humans are far and away the easiest race to make work. It's too bad they don't have darkvision!

Shadow Lodge ****

Pathfinder Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber

Or, with the ARG, you can drop the extra Skill and Feat for a second +2 anywhere else you want.

I would have to agree with Abyssian, Humans are the EASIEST race to work with;

+2 to any one attribute, +1 skill/lvl, +1 fear.
- or -
+2 to any two attributes.

Grand Lodge *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LazarX wrote:

Fact is the SLA's now counting for all sorts of pre-reqs that they would not have been considered a couple of years ago, has made planetouched the new munchkin toy. And some of them are pouting in the corner now.

I honestly see no reason to call people names for using A/T to get into prestige classes, especially in PFS where most characters will never be played above level 11.

Does having an SLA make using a prestige class easier? Yes

Does this make your character better? Yes

Are you behind a player who only played one class? Generally.

So they went a different way with their character lay-off the hate. Humans are still the most played race anyway (no SLA).


LazarX wrote:
Blazej wrote:

When Compton mentioned in the blog about people trying power running and making 10 characters before the rule change I thought that was a bit ridiculous. "Who would get so married to a race to make it so that every character option they play has be that race?"

I take it you missed the poster upthread who said that Aasimar characters are the only ones he's ever played. (presumably he did not start PFS until they became freely available), and when the option to make new ones is gone, he's done when he finishes playing his current stable.

Fact is the SLA's now counting for all sorts of pre-reqs that they would not have been considered a couple of years ago, has made planetouched the new munchkin toy. And some of them are pouting in the corner now.

I made no such notion that I would be quitting. The current plan is stocking up even if that means lieing about my played games to have my Aasimars already have the 1exp... An if those run out be it legit or cheated haven't decided yet... I'm going to play them anyways... An if that's not going work my venture captain has said he would look for me some boons for them

Silver Crusade ***

Baxcel wrote:
LazarX wrote:
Blazej wrote:

When Compton mentioned in the blog about people trying power running and making 10 characters before the rule change I thought that was a bit ridiculous. "Who would get so married to a race to make it so that every character option they play has be that race?"

I take it you missed the poster upthread who said that Aasimar characters are the only ones he's ever played. (presumably he did not start PFS until they became freely available), and when the option to make new ones is gone, he's done when he finishes playing his current stable.

Fact is the SLA's now counting for all sorts of pre-reqs that they would not have been considered a couple of years ago, has made planetouched the new munchkin toy. And some of them are pouting in the corner now.

I made no such notion that I would be quitting. The current plan is stocking up even if that means lieing about my played games to have my Aasimars already have the 1exp... An if those run out be it legit or cheated haven't decided yet... I'm going to play them anyways... An if that's not going work my venture captain has said he would look for me some boons for them

Wait, what? Your VC knows you intend to cheat and he is cool with that?

Shadow Lodge **

1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Fox wrote:
Wait, what? Your VC knows you intend to cheat and he is cool with that?

I highly doubt it; more likely his VC said he would look for boons without cheating being mentioned.

Baxcel, please don't be That Guy; yes, I understand you want to play these races, yes, I agree that it sucks for you that they're getting the axe, but you're not so special that the rules don't apply to you. The rest of us are abiding by the rules, even if we don't like them, so don't act like you're above the rest of us.


SCPRedMage wrote:
The Fox wrote:
Wait, what? Your VC knows you intend to cheat and he is cool with that?

I highly doubt it; more likely his VC said he would look for boons without cheating being mentioned.

Baxcel, please don't be That Guy; yes, I understand you want to play these races, yes, I agree that it sucks for you that they're getting the axe, but you're not so special that the rules don't apply to you. The rest of us are abiding by the rules, even if we don't like them, so don't act like you're above the rest of us.

Not trying to be above the rest of you I'm trying to enjoy the game an have fun... The only race I personally enjoy is Aasimars I've looked every other race none fit well for me except them... I follow the rules but this is one I can't an won't follow... If people wanna use Trifling an Aasimars that's fine with me... If they dont OK... But dont ruin my games an my fun by removing the only option I see use able for me currently

Grand Lodge ***** Venture-Captain, Arizona—Phoenix aka TriOmegaZero

Baxcel, I just want to make sure that you are aware that players can be banned from the organized play campaign.
I would hate for you to do something that would cause that, such as openly disregard the rules the campaign staff have put in place.

*

Baxcel wrote:
Not trying to be above the rest of you I'm trying to enjoy the game an have fun... The only race I personally enjoy is Aasimars I've looked every other race none fit well for me except them... I follow the rules but this is one I can't an won't follow... If people wanna use Trifling an Aasimars that's fine with me... If they dont OK... But dont ruin my games an my fun by removing the only option I see use able for me currently

My advice is to play all of your registered characters as high as you can and then look back to see if maybe there is a concept that you could play that isn't an aasimar.

wait, you don't have any registered characters, do you?

*

TOZ, when did you pick up that fifth star?


Abyssian wrote:
Baxcel wrote:
Not trying to be above the rest of you I'm trying to enjoy the game an have fun... The only race I personally enjoy is Aasimars I've looked every other race none fit well for me except them... I follow the rules but this is one I can't an won't follow... If people wanna use Trifling an Aasimars that's fine with me... If they dont OK... But dont ruin my games an my fun by removing the only option I see use able for me currently

My advice is to play all of your registered characters as high as you can and then look back to see if maybe there is a concept that you could play that isn't an aasimar.

wait, you don't have any registered characters, do you?

I have a society number... None my chr information is online currently...

Shadow Lodge *****

Abyssian wrote:
TOZ, when did you pick up that fifth star?

Oh, you know. Here and there.

*

Baxcel wrote:
Abyssian wrote:
Baxcel wrote:
Not trying to be above the rest of you I'm trying to enjoy the game an have fun... The only race I personally enjoy is Aasimars I've looked every other race none fit well for me except them... I follow the rules but this is one I can't an won't follow... If people wanna use Trifling an Aasimars that's fine with me... If they dont OK... But dont ruin my games an my fun by removing the only option I see use able for me currently

My advice is to play all of your registered characters as high as you can and then look back to see if maybe there is a concept that you could play that isn't an aasimar.

wait, you don't have any registered characters, do you?

I have a society number... None my chr information is online currently...

Well, that's really all you need. I really do recommend playing the characters you have as far as you can (you should be able to hit about 18th level with a couple of them if you don't mind GMing a little) before hating the campaign and its rules.


Abyssian wrote:
Baxcel wrote:
Abyssian wrote:
Baxcel wrote:
Not trying to be above the rest of you I'm trying to enjoy the game an have fun... The only race I personally enjoy is Aasimars I've looked every other race none fit well for me except them... I follow the rules but this is one I can't an won't follow... If people wanna use Trifling an Aasimars that's fine with me... If they dont OK... But dont ruin my games an my fun by removing the only option I see use able for me currently

My advice is to play all of your registered characters as high as you can and then look back to see if maybe there is a concept that you could play that isn't an aasimar.

wait, you don't have any registered characters, do you?

I have a society number... None my chr information is online currently...
Well, that's really all you need. I really do recommend playing the characters you have as far as you can (you should be able to hit about 18th level with a couple of them if you don't mind GMing a little) before hating the campaign and its rules.

I have not GMed nor do I feel I can currently... So the highest I can get my chr in society play is 12 or 13... That's the highest they play at my game shop... Meaning my chr will be done an retired fast way before 2 years... An that's assuming they rerelease A/T in that time

*

Well, Baxcel, I don't know what to tell you. Mike and John are not going to read your thread and change their minds. (I would gamble 1,000 to 1 on that, by the way)

If you absolutely cannot abide the rules, maybe it's time to look for a home game. My time in this thread is over. Tschüß!

EDIT: apologies, ThunderMage. This is your thread.


Abyssian wrote:

Well, Baxcel, I don't know what to tell you. Mike and John are not going to read your thread and change their minds. (I would gamble 1,000 to 1 on that, by the way)

If you absolutely cannot abide the rules, maybe it's time to look for a home game. My time in this thread is over. Tschüß!

I honestly know they won't read this an I dont care... Mostly just venting at this point an I thank you for talking with me... Have a good one dude

Silver Crusade ***

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Baxcel, if you do decide to lie and cheat to get your way, I hope you fully understand that you are not lying to Paizo; you aren't cheating them. You are lying to the people you play with—people who are, presumably, your friends. You are cheating other players. They will not be forgiving when they find out. They will not want to play with you at their table. They will not trust you. And none of this will affect Paizo one iota.

****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Baxcel wrote:
Not trying to be above the rest of you I'm trying to enjoy the game an have fun... The only race I personally enjoy is Aasimars I've looked every other race none fit well for me except them... I follow the rules but this is one I can't an won't follow... If people wanna use Trifling an Aasimars that's fine with me... If they dont OK... But dont ruin my games an my fun by removing the only option I see use able for me currently

I'm sure the person who fakes a bunch of chronicles would think the same thing. "I'm making my character completely legally with all the books I own. They aren't anymore powerful than normal. I don't have fun playing low level characters so I just skip to the higher, more interesting levels. Having to play though first through third level just ruins the fun for me."

I'm sure the person who rebuilds their character's build without any cost thinks the same thing. "I'm not an good optimizer, I tried something but it isn't working out. But it would be unfair for me to have to spend prestige fixing on a mistake that an experienced player would have warned me against. That makes it feel like I'm being punished as I learn the game, and that just ruins the fun for me.

I'm sure the person who lies about their rolls think the same thing. "I don't do it all the time, but sometimes when my characters fail at stuff that they are suppose to be good at, it just ruins the fun for me. Besides I don't get any of the convention boons for my characters, this is just my way of balancing that loss out."

Why is your fun more important than any of those conveniently made up players for this example? Just because you think your form of cheating isn't bad, that doesn't mean other players will see it the same way you do. Please don't consider cheating, because, to be honest, it isn't fun no matter what reason you do it and it might not just get you kicked out of Society, but excluded from all the games the players in it are involved as they may not see your form of cheating any different than anyone elses.

=

Online discussion might not be the best place to talk about this. Talk to your VC about your issues with this. He will likely know you better along with your concerns. Make sure to tell him that you are going to cheat if you don't get what you want. Hopefully he can dissuade you from it, because if in two years they re-release assimar again, it won't matter for you if you have been banned from the organized play.

****

Baxcel wrote:
I have not GMed nor do I feel I can currently... So the highest I can get my chr in society play is 12 or 13... That's the highest they play at my game shop... Meaning my chr will be done an retired fast way before 2 years... An that's assuming they rerelease A/T in that time

There is another option, you can use the slow track to half your experience gained each adventure. That should bring a character to maybe having a few more years with a character.

If you have multiple characters you might be able to easily go a decade without ever making another character.


Blazej wrote:
Baxcel wrote:
Not trying to be above the rest of you I'm trying to enjoy the game an have fun... The only race I personally enjoy is Aasimars I've looked every other race none fit well for me except them... I follow the rules but this is one I can't an won't follow... If people wanna use Trifling an Aasimars that's fine with me... If they dont OK... But dont ruin my games an my fun by removing the only option I see use able for me currently

I'm sure the person who fakes a bunch of chronicles would think the same thing. "I'm making my character completely legally with all the books I own. They aren't anymore powerful than normal. I don't have fun playing low level characters so I just skip to the higher, more interesting levels. Having to play though first through third level just ruins the fun for me."

I'm sure the person who rebuilds their character's build without any cost thinks the same thing. "I'm not an good optimizer, I tried something but it isn't working out. But it would be unfair for me to have to spend prestige fixing on a mistake that an experienced player would have warned me against. That makes it feel like I'm being punished as I learn the game, and that just ruins the fun for me.

I'm sure the person who lies about their rolls think the same thing. "I don't do it all the time, but sometimes when my characters fail at stuff that they are suppose to be good at, it just ruins the fun for me. Besides I don't get any of the convention boons for my characters, this is just my way of balancing that loss out."

Why is your fun more important than any of those conveniently made up players for this example? Just because you think your form of cheating isn't bad, that doesn't mean other players will see it the same way you do. Please don't consider cheating, because, to be honest, it isn't fun no matter what reason you do it and it might not just get you kicked out of Society, but excluded from all the games the players in it are involved as they may not see your form of...

Let's see going down the list... I always play the lower levels there some of the funniest ones I've been in

Never changed my chr sence its my mistake if I've done something wrong...

There's no point in lieing about a roll.. The rolls are there in front of everyone an the entire game is rolls why lie?

An if they dont like me playing the chr they helped me find an make.. Because they introduced me to the game as an Aasimars they know all my chr are of that race.. If they honestly won't let me play those chr when I have this entire time... Then there not really friends now are they?

Silver Crusade ***

If you were playing with a guy every week and found out that he disregarded the "No Crafting" rule by faking chronicles, thus his characters have almost double the wealth of your characters, how would you feel? What would you do?

Shadow Lodge *****

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Baxcel wrote:

Let's see going down the list... I always play the lower levels there some of the funniest ones I've been in

Never changed my chr sence its my mistake if I've done something wrong...

There's no point in lieing about a roll.. The rolls are there in front of everyone an the entire game is rolls why lie?

Missing the forest because of the trees.

Liberty's Edge *

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

@Baxcel

So as long as you get what you want, that is all that matters?

Why would any company care what you think of them, especially a company that "knows" you illegally download their books?

Since when is it a good idea to announce intent to commit a crime on a public forum?

Just to be clear, the crime in question is illegal downloads, "the only reason we bought the books was for society play.. for a homegame were perfectly fine downloading a copy or looking up the information online." Your grammar is atrocious, but the words still say the same thing. You have in the past downloaded books you did not pay for and intend to do so again. Just, Wow.

For the record, I guarantee Paizo employees are reading this thread, and your comments, as well as the comments of others, are being discussed. I just don't think the conversation is going the way you think it is, or the way you would want it to, at all.


TOZ wrote:
Baxcel wrote:

Let's see going down the list... I always play the lower levels there some of the funniest ones I've been in

Never changed my chr sence its my mistake if I've done something wrong...

There's no point in lieing about a roll.. The rolls are there in front of everyone an the entire game is rolls why lie?

Missing the forest because of the trees.

No I'm not missing the point...there's a different between doing something that is cheating to ruin the game an playing some things that's been in the game sence I started...

An if it was something small like the one gold for arrow bundle I wouldn't care if he was netting 10000+ gold I'd question it... But as before crafting has always been illegal... The race has not

Grand Lodge ***** Venture-Captain, Arizona—Phoenix aka TriOmegaZero

Actually, the race was illegal up until the start of Season 3 or 4. It's only going back to the original Season 0-2/3 rules with the restriction to require a boon.
I should know, I had an aasimar boon before it was opened up for everyone.


graywulfe wrote:

@Baxcel

So as long as you get what you want, that is all that matters?

Why would any company care what you think of them, especially a company that "knows" you illegally download their books?

Since when is it a good idea to announce intent to commit a crime on a public forum?

Just to be clear, the crime in question is illegal downloads, "the only reason we bought the books was for society play.. for a homegame were perfectly fine downloading a copy or looking up the information online." Your grammar is atrocious, but the words still say the same thing. You have in the past downloaded books you did not pay for and intend to do so again. Just, Wow.

For the record, I guarantee Paizo employees are reading this thread, and your comments, as well as the comments of others, are being discussed. I just don't think the conversation is going the way you think it is, or the way you would want it to, at all.

Step off the dam high horse... Piazo stole there entire game from DnD..

Liberty's Edge **** Venture-Lieutenant, Indiana—Indianapolis

1 person marked this as a favorite.

If it is no longer legal, it is cheating. If you lie about it, it is cheating. It doesn't matter how you interepret it. It is cheating.

If you want to cheat in a home game, that's between you and your GM and other players. If you want to cheat in a Society game, that's beyond you and the others.

Why you feel cheating is necessary, I will never know, to say nothing of confessing to a crime here.

*****

/tangent for attention?

Liberty's Edge **** Venture-Lieutenant, Indiana—Indianapolis

Paizo didn't steal any game. Pathfinder was created using the OGL, which allowed Paizo to do exactly what it did. It created this game under a license that allowed them to create the game. They didn't steal any game.

51 to 100 of 126 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Organized Play / Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild / So what's all the fuss about Aasimars and Tieflings anyway? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.