>>Ask *Mark Seifter* All Your Questions Here!<<


Off-Topic Discussions

6,501 to 6,550 of 6,685 << first < prev | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mark Seifter wrote:
Gisher wrote:
Mark Seifter wrote:
Kalindlara wrote:
Also the circlet of persuasion, if I recall correctly. ^_^
For Cha checks, yes, and plenty of others for initiative, but some ability checks don't have many (sometimes any) other ways to add. It depends on the ability check.
Well, someone made sure that the Medium Spirit Bonuses included options for boosting any of the six ability checks. ;)
Indeed; it was important to me that you could surge to simulate having a higher ability score in your spirit's favored ability in all the most direct ways, including with ability checks.

My Haunt Collector Occultist enjoys that.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Thanks for the answer.

Now I did not even know that inspiration could not be used for rituals. I am sorry I looked at rituals closely but could not find the wording, do you mind quoting which section?

"Furthermore, because of the specific procedures of ritual casting, mundane equipment that grants bonuses on skill checks can’t usually increase the caster’s bonus on the checks required by the ritual, unless the GM allows it.

Bonuses on the skill checks required for the ritual that are granted by feats, spells (with enough duration to last throughout the casting), traits, and magic items usually apply, at the GM’s discretion."

It does not state a case for if class abilities are allowed to influence ritual checks either, or not.

I would say if the use of inspiration was free for you you can use it for whatever check inspiration says you can, since you can keep the inspiration up all day anyway.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The argument for inspiration use on initiative is that you use inspiration before the combat even starts and initiative is rolled.

Paizo Employee Designer

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:

Thanks for the answer.

Now I did not even know that inspiration could not be used for rituals. I am sorry I looked at rituals closely but could not find the wording, do you mind quoting which section?

"Furthermore, because of the specific procedures of ritual casting, mundane equipment that grants bonuses on skill checks can’t usually increase the caster’s bonus on the checks required by the ritual, unless the GM allows it.

Bonuses on the skill checks required for the ritual that are granted by feats, spells (with enough duration to last throughout the casting), traits, and magic items usually apply, at the GM’s discretion."

It does not state a case for if class abilities are allowed to influence ritual checks either, or not.

I would say if the use of inspiration was free for you you can use it for whatever check inspiration says you can, since you can keep the inspiration up all day anyway.

Indeed, that's a situation where it's cut and dry that you couldn't use one use of inspiration to coast through the whole ritual. For a long-term craft or profession, it's not so clear that you can't do that.

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I like that the oozemorph's items linger suspended in its jelly mass and automatically become equipped when it assumes a different form. Not only does it provide a huge quality of life iimprovement (important for an archetype that makes your character barely playable for most of the day), but also functions as a very cool visual.

Paizo Employee Designer

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:
The argument for inspiration use on initiative is that you use inspiration before the combat even starts and initiative is rolled.

I don't buy that explanation; it's too much of a slippery slope towards using all sorts of other abilities in the "before combat even starts and initiative is rolled" time slot. That's why abilities that happen contemporaneously with initiative, like a swashbuckler's swashbuckler initiative ability, happen "as part of the initiative check" or otherwise with specific wording calling it out.

To be clear, I'd be perfectly OK with a GM allowing inspiration on initiative because they don't want to go nitty gritty on the reading, as long as they didn't try to use that particular explanation (due to the aforementioned slippery slope).

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

So the argument for no inspiration on a ritual is based on that only Bonuses on the skill checks required for the ritual that are granted by feats, spells (with enough duration to last throughout the casting), traits, and magic items usually apply?

If say the caster of the ritual used a Lupine Robe, the bonus would apply?

Paizo Employee Designer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:

So the argument for no inspiration on a ritual is based on that only Bonuses on the skill checks required for the ritual that are granted by feats, spells (with enough duration to last throughout the casting), traits, and magic items usually apply?

If say the caster of the ritual used a Lupine Robe, the bonus would apply?

I'm not explaining myself too well, and I probably should have used Verbal Duels as an example to begin with (where you explicitly wouldn't apply it at all) since I forgot the GM discretion involved with rituals. It might be easier for the overall question to just forget I brought rituals into it.

We Can't Do That! Diving Into the Deep End is What Pathfinders Do Best:
What I'm saying is that it's clear-cut that one use of inspiration wouldn't be enough to cover you through a ritual because rituals actually ask you to look at whether the bonus scopes over the whole action in a way that other long-term checks don't mention and leave us to discern on our own. If you have it for free and could keep it running the whole time, then it's up to the GM and could potentially apply.

Verbal duel bonus is an easier example because it outright prevents you from adding that bonus.

The Exchange

Mark, sorry if I may sound argumentative or have pissed you off by accident but how do you feel on the school of thought that a single use of inspiration covers any skill/ability check, however long it takes to perform it? Grey area?

on rituals:

If the ritual skill check is a knowledge check, assuming investigator is trained in the skill potentially he could have it up all ritual long.

An investigator can only use inspiration once per check or roll. The investigator can use inspiration on any Knowledge, Linguistics, or Spellcraft skill checks without expending a use of inspiration, provided he’s trained in the skill.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Also I don't own ultimate intrigue, so a quick scan of d20pfsrd doesn't show where under verbal duels do not allow inspiration. Sorry. I may have missed stuff since me be on phone.

Paizo Employee Designer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:

Mark, sorry if I may sound argumentative or have pissed you off by accident but how do you feel on the school of thought that a single use of inspiration covers any skill/ability check, however long it takes to perform it? Grey area?

** spoiler omitted **

Nope, I don't think that about you at all; just that I've been explaining poorly.

But I agree: it's a gray area on long-term activities with a single use of inspiration. With my own investigator, I tried to use inspiration on long-term activities only when I had unlimited uses of inspiration, but there's a case to be made the other way.

@Rituals, yeah, it only provides a clear-cut answer for the limited inspiration.

@Verbal Duels: You don't add anything except ranks, class skill +3, and Cha modifier, and inspiration is not any of those. One could make a case that it could work towards earning you edges, but I don't think it holds up, as it adds to one skill check rather than increasing the modifier of the entire associated skill.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Conclusion:d20pfsrd su*ks for accurate information(unfortunately that's what I generally get to work with), and Mark you rock!

*Huggles Mark*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So it works on madness checks.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Depending. Grey area. Ze GM can choose not to permit. But seriously this is NOT the place to do this kind of thing. It's going to derail the thread.

Mark wrote:


But I agree: it's a gray area on long-term activities with a single use of inspiration. With my own investigator, I tried to use inspiration on long-term activities only when I had unlimited uses of inspiration, but there's a case to be made the other way.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Good evening Mr. Seifter. I have a question in regards to the aura of chaos ability I was hoping you could help me out with. The ability states:

Aura of Chaos (Su): At 8th level, you can surround yourself with a field wild energies. These energies manifest as a 30-foot aura of chaos for a number of rounds per day equal to your cleric level. All enemies within this aura must declare one type of action at the start of their turn (attack, cast a spell, move, use an item, or activate a special ability) and make a Will save. Creatures that fail the Will save must take an action other than their declared action. If they succeed, they must take the declared action. Creatures cannot select actions that they cannot perform.

My question is if the enemy chooses 'attack' and fails his saving throw can he still make a 'special attack' (ie breath weapon)? One other example if an enemy chooses 'cast a spell' and fails his saving throw can he choose to cast a spell-like ability instead?

Thanks for taking the time to read my message as I know you are a busy man. Have a great day and rest of the year!

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Spell likes are considered as spells, breath weapons are considered as attacks as they'd break invisibility like attacks too. That's how I'd call it.

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.

The more detailed explanation, under spell like abilities section:

"Usually, a spell-like ability works just like the spell of that name. A spell-like ability has no verbal, somatic, or material component, nor does it require a focus. The user activates it mentally. Armor never affects a spell-like ability’s use, even if the ability resembles an arcane spell with a somatic component.

A spell-like ability has a casting time of 1 standard action unless noted otherwise in the ability or spell description. In all other ways, a spell-like ability functions just like a spell."

In all other ways, a spell-like ability functions just like a spell.

Breath weapon section:

Some creatures can exhale a cone, line, or cloud of energy or other magical effects. A breath weapon attack usually deals damage and is often based on some type of energy. Breath weapons allow a Reflex save for half damage (DC 10 + 1/2 breathing creature’s racial HD + breathing creature’s Con modifier; the exact DC is given in the creature’s descriptive text).

Note the words "breath weapon attack."It is an attack.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

That'll do, thanks Just a Mort!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Do kineticist count as having psychic spells for the purpose of occult skill unlocks or do they have to take psychic sensitivity feat even though they have psychic abilities?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:

The more detailed explanation, under spell like abilities section:

"Usually, a spell-like ability works just like the spell of that name. A spell-like ability has no verbal, somatic, or material component, nor does it require a focus. The user activates it mentally. Armor never affects a spell-like ability’s use, even if the ability resembles an arcane spell with a somatic component.

A spell-like ability has a casting time of 1 standard action unless noted otherwise in the ability or spell description. In all other ways, a spell-like ability functions just like a spell."

In all other ways, a spell-like ability functions just like a spell.

Breath weapon section:

Some creatures can exhale a cone, line, or cloud of energy or other magical effects. A breath weapon attack usually deals damage and is often based on some type of energy. Breath weapons allow a Reflex save for half damage (DC 10 + 1/2 breathing creature’s racial HD + breathing creature’s Con modifier; the exact DC is given in the creature’s descriptive text).

Note the words "breath weapon attack."It is an attack.

One last thing I wanted to add was could an enemy willingly fail a save?

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Unfortunately spell like abilities do not count as spells for purposes of prestige classes and pre requisites unless specifically stated.

Here

Spell-Like Abilities, Casting, and Prerequisites: Does a creature with a spell-like ability count as being able to cast that spell for the purpose of prerequisites or requirements?
Only if the pre-requisite calls out the name of a spell explicitly. For instance, the Dimensional Agility feat (Ultimate Combat) has "ability to use the abundant step class feature or cast dimension door" as a prerequisite; a barghest has dimension door as a spell-like ability, so the barghest meets the "able to cast dimension door prerequisite for that feat. However, the barghest's dimension door would not meet requirements such as "Ability to cast 4th level spells" or "Ability to cast arcane spells".

So please go take psychic sensitivity on the kineticist.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Wow Mark you sound very different all of a sudden.

Paizo Employee Designer

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Atalius wrote:

Good evening Mr. Seifter. I have a question in regards to the aura of chaos ability I was hoping you could help me out with. The ability states:

Aura of Chaos (Su): At 8th level, you can surround yourself with a field wild energies. These energies manifest as a 30-foot aura of chaos for a number of rounds per day equal to your cleric level. All enemies within this aura must declare one type of action at the start of their turn (attack, cast a spell, move, use an item, or activate a special ability) and make a Will save. Creatures that fail the Will save must take an action other than their declared action. If they succeed, they must take the declared action. Creatures cannot select actions that they cannot perform.

My question is if the enemy chooses 'attack' and fails his saving throw can he still make a 'special attack' (ie breath weapon)? One other example if an enemy chooses 'cast a spell' and fails his saving throw can he choose to cast a spell-like ability instead?

Thanks for taking the time to read my message as I know you are a busy man. Have a great day and rest of the year!

A breath weapon is definitely a special ability. A spell-like ability is technically not "casting" a spell but is probably closest to casting a spell for the purpose of what this ability seems to be trying to do.

As to whether you can choose to fail your save? Yes, you can. However, such in-depth knowledge of a power to sidestep it is something I try to use sparingly unless the PCs are using and expecting it as well. For instance, we had some substantial ill omen spam in my Jade Regent game, and I mentioned that there was a big loophole to the spell (and there is) early on, but only one of the final foes who also had ill omen actually intentionally used it throughout the entire campaign.

Paizo Employee Designer

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Dragon78 wrote:
Do kineticist count as having psychic spells for the purpose of occult skill unlocks or do they have to take psychic sensitivity feat even though they have psychic abilities?

Just a Mort is correct that kineticists don't cast psychic spells. However, a psychokineticist gains Psychic Sensitivity as a bonus feat at 1st level and can therefore use the unlocks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I've got a pair of questions regarding the new Oozemorph errata.

Since items rest within an oozemorph, can someone try a Steal CMB to take items from them in their base form?

Are they only able to hold magic items within themselves or can they hold anything they have on them?

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hi,Mark.Is it ok to attack myself or ally with a Conductive weapon to channel sp/su ability?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hi~ Mark, I have a question about flat-footed and trap.

When a character don't find a trap and he is attacked by the trap, does he be flat-footed?

Because investigator and some other archetypes have the trap sense ability, but don't have the uncanny dodge ability. And the trap sense ability give a dodge bonus to AC against attacks by traps.

Thank you!

Trap Sense:
Trap Sense (Ex)
At 3rd level, an investigator gains an intuitive sense that alerts him to danger from traps, granting him a +1 bonus on Reflex saving throws to avoid traps and a +1 dodge bonus to AC against attacks by traps. At 6th level and every 3 levels thereafter, these bonuses increase by 1 (to a maximum of +6 at 18th level).

Paizo Employee Designer

2 people marked this as a favorite.
GodsBlister wrote:

I've got a pair of questions regarding the new Oozemorph errata.

Since items rest within an oozemorph, can someone try a Steal CMB to take items from them in their base form?

Are they only able to hold magic items within themselves or can they hold anything they have on them?

You should be able to steal them as normal for carried items, but ewwww, do you really want to steal slimed items?

Nonmagic items are fine too, imo.

Paizo Employee Designer

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Levo N wrote:
Hi,Mark.Is it ok to attack myself or ally with a Conductive weapon to channel sp/su ability?

It technically only works on a "struck opponent," as per the text of the conductive property.

Paizo Employee Designer

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Ziegfeld wrote:

Hi~ Mark, I have a question about flat-footed and trap.

When a character don't find a trap and he is attacked by the trap, does he be flat-footed?

Because investigator and some other archetypes have the trap sense ability, but don't have the uncanny dodge ability. And the trap sense ability give a dodge bonus to AC against attacks by traps.

Thank you!

** spoiler omitted **

In many cases, a character is probably flat-footed when encountering a trap (though it opens its whole own can-of-worms about immediate actions to feather fall from a pit trap). However, there are various circumstances when that wouldn't be the case, such as failing to disable a trap by 5 or more.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Another one for the Ooze pile: Oozemorphs cannot qualify for any feats with Wild Shape in their prerequisites without multiclassing into Druid for Wild Shape despite their Fluidic Form being quite similar to Wild Shape in function. Is this intended or is this something that needs to be fixed? The same goes for the Rageshaper and Fiendflesh shifters, who also replace Wild Shape with something else.

Thanks for answering my questions.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

How has this week gone for you? And since you probably won't get to this until at least tomorrow, TGIF!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Mark Seifter wrote:
Kudaku wrote:

Hi Mark!

I haven't been browsing these these boards much lately, but Starfinder has really reinvigorated my enthusiasm for TTRPGs! We recently finished our Hell's Rebels campaign (fantastic villain by the way) and have just started Dead Suns.

In that vein, I have a few questions for you:

1. Have you been playing any Starfinder lately? What's some things you really like about the system but might not be obvious?

2. Do you use any house rules or modifications in your Starfinder games?

3. A slightly more technical question - Heavy Armor in Starfinder affects your Speed. Does this only modify base speed (ie ground movement) or does it also affect other kinds of speed, like the one offered by Jump Jets (CRB p. 206-207) or the Flight spell (p. 355)?

1) I haven't played very much since the playtest but my playtesters set a grueling pace, playing five days a week throughout the primary playtest period, so we got a lot done at that point. There are a lot of subtle points I really like, but my favorite is how we actually managed to solve the seemingly contradictory directives that forced us to totally redo the math but then somehow have it still work seamlessly mathematically with all old PF monsters (a huge constraint!) The fact that we barely managed to squeeze that out was pretty darn cool.

2) I'm probably going to mainly just put in things that were lost in translation to the final book, like removing the Ghost operative's extraneous +4 bonus that makes it better than all other choices level 1-6 and fixing the issue with Enhanced Resilience where it didn't receive the halving that most physical damage resistance did when they all came to include all three physical damage types (I will likely do this by reverting to the version where you pick one of bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing and get full level).

3) It should affect all of them, otherwise it just stops mattering really fast, since SF gives you all kinds of other speeds at low levels. That said, that's merely what it should be to retain value to that balancing factor for armor; I'm not on the SF team moving forward so my unofficial comments are even more so here than in PF.

Hi,

just wanted to pop in and say thank you very much for answering my post! I'm guessing you already have a very busy schedule and finding the time to answer what can be rather technical and convoluted questions can't be easy. We really appreciate the effort you put in! :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mark Seifter wrote:
Ziegfeld wrote:

Hi~ Mark, I have a question about flat-footed and trap.

When a character don't find a trap and he is attacked by the trap, does he be flat-footed?

Because investigator and some other archetypes have the trap sense ability, but don't have the uncanny dodge ability. And the trap sense ability give a dodge bonus to AC against attacks by traps.

Thank you!

** spoiler omitted **

In many cases, a character is probably flat-footed when encountering a trap (though it opens its whole own can-of-worms about immediate actions to feather fall from a pit trap). However, there are various circumstances when that wouldn't be the case, such as failing to disable a trap by 5 or more.

While Investigators don’t get Uncanny Dodge, they do have access to the Inspired Alertness Investigator Talent which I think of as Uncanny-Dodge-on-demand.

Quote:
Inspired Alertness (Ex): Whenever the investigator becomes flat-footed, he can expend one use of inspiration to ignore that condition. He must be conscious to do so, and must decide to do so when he becomes flat-footed. Using this ability doesn't require an action.

Since it’s a non-action, I would think it could be used to remove the flat-footed condition as soon as the trap caused it. Then the Trap Sense Dodge Bonus would apply?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Also is it possible to take Weapon Focus(Morphic Weapons); would you need to pick a single weapon form for the Morphic Weapon, or is it just not a legal choice? And does an oozemorph get any sort of CMD bonus when someone tries to steal from inside their base form, as it's someone plunging their hand into a living entity?

Paizo Employee Designer

2 people marked this as a favorite.
GodsBlister wrote:

Another one for the Ooze pile: Oozemorphs cannot qualify for any feats with Wild Shape in their prerequisites without multiclassing into Druid for Wild Shape despite their Fluidic Form being quite similar to Wild Shape in function. Is this intended or is this something that needs to be fixed? The same goes for the Rageshaper and Fiendflesh shifters, who also replace Wild Shape with something else.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Oozemorphs certainly aren't using wild shape.

As to morphic weaponry, it's an interesting question. Natural attacks, as far as I know, must have some kind of name for the natural attack (for weird ones in a monster that aren't on ye olde chart, they are usually defined in the statblock). Thus, whether you choose "morphic weapons" or some other appropriate name for them, you should probably be able to Weapon Focus in them. If the class had said something like "You gain your choice of a slam (B), talon (S), or pincer (P)" then you would need three different feats, but it doesn't.

As for stealing, it's just the way they carry things, and the description doesn't mention a CMD bonus, so they don't have one by default. But if the GM wants to give some opponents a circumstance penalty to CMB for the ick factor of sticking their hand in an ooze, I certainly might join them if I ever run for an oozemorph!

Paizo Employee Designer

2 people marked this as a favorite.
TrinitysEnd wrote:
How has this week gone for you? And since you probably won't get to this until at least tomorrow, TGIF!

It's been a pretty up and down week, and I'm back to being very busy here at the end (but since I winnowed these questions down so I'm up to date, I can still handle the few on here!).

Paizo Employee Designer

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Kudaku wrote:

Hi,

just wanted to pop in and say thank you very much for answering my post! I'm guessing you already have a very busy schedule and finding the time to answer what can be rather technical and convoluted questions can't be easy. We really appreciate the effort you put in! :)

You're welcome! Definitely extra busy all the time, but I took my one brief lull and used it to try to catch up for a year of not being able to answer.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Mark Seifter wrote:
First World Bard wrote:
Mark, have you read the Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher? Because I think I've finally decided what to do with my Crypt of the Everflame credit: create Isana (the series' protagonist's aunt) as a Hydrokineticist. She'll probably be a Taldan that secretly worships Saranrae as a goddess of healing (partly because it's good RP for the Indomitable Faith trait shoring up a Kineticist's poor save, and partly because of what went down in the Crypt when I ran it. :P)
I have read them, as part of my elemental-themed research for the kineticist (which also included watching Legend of Korra). If you're playing Isana, just remember that using water powers to <spoiler redacted> a child is probably not a great choice for PFS, even if you think it's a good idea.

Heh. I finally played her a few months ago at a Child's Play fundraiser game-day that Lucas helped coordinate. I realized that, story-wise, Pharasma made more sense as a patron deity, given her having domain over both healing and water. I even took a rank in Profession(Midwife). Pharasma's domain over death gets more attention than birth; I figured i should share the love.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Mark Seifter wrote:
First World Bard wrote:
Mark, what's your favorite Starfinder iconic pregen to play at first level, and why?
I have actually not played any of them; I played my own characters. I've run for them before, though, and Keskodai seemed like fun for the players, plus bug dad is a fun story concept, and mystic is one of my babies. But Obo is awesome too, and Iseph is nearly as awesome and also one of my class babies. And can't forget Navasi, Quig, or Raia either. Starfinder iconics are pretty stellar!

I see what you did there.

Paizo Employee Designer

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Gisher wrote:
Mark Seifter wrote:
Ziegfeld wrote:

Hi~ Mark, I have a question about flat-footed and trap.

When a character don't find a trap and he is attacked by the trap, does he be flat-footed?

Because investigator and some other archetypes have the trap sense ability, but don't have the uncanny dodge ability. And the trap sense ability give a dodge bonus to AC against attacks by traps.

Thank you!

** spoiler omitted **

In many cases, a character is probably flat-footed when encountering a trap (though it opens its whole own can-of-worms about immediate actions to feather fall from a pit trap). However, there are various circumstances when that wouldn't be the case, such as failing to disable a trap by 5 or more.

While Investigators don’t get Uncanny Dodge, they do have access to the Inspired Alertness Investigator Talent which I think of as Uncanny-Dodge-on-demand.

Quote:
Inspired Alertness (Ex): Whenever the investigator becomes flat-footed, he can expend one use of inspiration to ignore that condition. He must be conscious to do so, and must decide to do so when he becomes flat-footed. Using this ability doesn't require an action.
Since it’s a non-action, I would think it could be used to remove the flat-footed condition as soon as the trap caused it. Then the Trap Sense Dodge Bonus would apply?

This seems like it works to me! I might consider it on my investigator except that his trap spotter + unfair Perception means that he's never been blindsided by a trap yet.

Paizo Employee Designer

2 people marked this as a favorite.
First World Bard wrote:
Mark Seifter wrote:
First World Bard wrote:
Mark, have you read the Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher? Because I think I've finally decided what to do with my Crypt of the Everflame credit: create Isana (the series' protagonist's aunt) as a Hydrokineticist. She'll probably be a Taldan that secretly worships Saranrae as a goddess of healing (partly because it's good RP for the Indomitable Faith trait shoring up a Kineticist's poor save, and partly because of what went down in the Crypt when I ran it. :P)
I have read them, as part of my elemental-themed research for the kineticist (which also included watching Legend of Korra). If you're playing Isana, just remember that using water powers to <spoiler redacted> a child is probably not a great choice for PFS, even if you think it's a good idea.
Heh. I finally played her a few months ago at a Child's Play fundraiser game-day that Lucas helped coordinate. I realized that, story-wise, Pharasma made more sense as a patron deity, given her having domain over both healing and water. I even took a rank in Profession(Midwife). Pharasma's domain over death gets more attention than birth; I figured i should share the love.

Yeah, Pharasma is for sure a better fit. Did you join the Dark Archive with the backstory that Zarta Dralneen agreed to help protect your home village from an attack so you could be working for a morally questionable patroness?

Paizo Employee Designer

3 people marked this as a favorite.
First World Bard wrote:
Mark Seifter wrote:
First World Bard wrote:
Mark, what's your favorite Starfinder iconic pregen to play at first level, and why?
I have actually not played any of them; I played my own characters. I've run for them before, though, and Keskodai seemed like fun for the players, plus bug dad is a fun story concept, and mystic is one of my babies. But Obo is awesome too, and Iseph is nearly as awesome and also one of my class babies. And can't forget Navasi, Quig, or Raia either. Starfinder iconics are pretty stellar!
I see what you did there.

You're not the first in this thread to comment about that part of what I did in that post ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Mark Seifter wrote:
Yeah, Pharasma is for sure a better fit. Did you join the Dark Archive with the backstory that Zarta Dralneen agreed to help protect your home village from an attack so you could be working for a morally questionable patroness?

Hey, this thread isn't called "Mark Seifter Asks You Questions" :P

Snarking aside, no, the closest nation fit to the book series is clearly Taldor, so I went with Sovereign Court.

Paizo Employee Designer

4 people marked this as a favorite.
First World Bard wrote:
Mark Seifter wrote:
Yeah, Pharasma is for sure a better fit. Did you join the Dark Archive with the backstory that Zarta Dralneen agreed to help protect your home village from an attack so you could be working for a morally questionable patroness?

Hey, this thread isn't called "Mark Seifter Asks You Questions" :P

Snarking aside, no, the closest nation fit to the book series is clearly Taldor, so I went with Sovereign Court.

I still ask people questions here. This thread breaks breaks all the rules!

I think my last one was what people thought about the brawler archetypes in UW as a follow-up to a post about them last year before the book came out. Doesn't mean people answer the questions I ask, necessarily, but Rules as Written, I guess I wouldn't answer any of your questions here either, you'd just ask them.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hi Mark, it's Atalius the necromancer here. How's your weekend going? I was just wondering is there anything on the horizon to increase the choice of wild shape options for Druids. Not that there aren't a lot already, but any talk about allowing gargantuan shape forms or even huge shape forms for the cave druid in ooze form. Or is the issue with that it would be too OP? As always I appreciate your time, have a good weekend!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hi Mark, Daring Teamwork by Guiding Blade wrote "A guiding blade regains panache whenever an ally reduces a creature to 0 or fewer hit points, instead of when she herself does so",does need her ally using a Light or One-Handed Piercing Melee Weapon like a Swashbuckler?

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

No, because in the wording for daring teamwork did not state any particular type of weapon required. Anyway expecting all melee classes to use light or one-handed piercing melee weapons is unrealistic. The 1.5 str bonus and increased power attack damage for 2 handed weapons is quite nice, you know.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Does a wild-shaped druid display an aura to detect magic? What if the druid has magic items on her natural form that have melded into her wild shape? Does it make a difference if the magic item is one that provides a constant bonus and thus continues to function in wild shape vs. one that is just melded and inactive?

6,501 to 6,550 of 6,685 << first < prev | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / >>Ask *Mark Seifter* All Your Questions Here!<< All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.