Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Miniatures Gallery - Discussion Thread


Miniatures

1 to 50 of 74 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

It looks like the old thread has been purged. Please use this thread for discussion of anything appearing at www.pathfinderminis.com

PathfinderMinis is a fan site dedicated to displaying all pre-painted plastic miniatures made by Paizo. If you have any suggestions for this site, notice any errors or have other feedback, please feel free to post your comment in this thread.

www.pathfinderminis.com

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Maps Subscriber

I hadn't seen the Skull & Shackles entries on your website until just now. Your site really does show off that this is a fantastic looking set. Sea based adventures has always been a staple in my campaigns, but seldom did I have the miniatures I needed. This set will fill a lot of holes.

Thanks all around to Paizo for the design and inspriration, Wizkids for development, and to Kor for the site.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I usually update the site within 1 hour to 24 hours of the Friday updates, so it's usually quite current with both the "official" release images and the "unofficial" releases and announcements.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Kor - Orc Scrollkeeper wrote:
It looks like the old thread has been purged.

I'm confused. It's right here.

...?


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Vic Wertz wrote:
Kor - Orc Scrollkeeper wrote:
It looks like the old thread has been purged.

I'm confused. It's right here.

...?

Something weird is going on.

The old link I had from my website to the old thread stopped working as I was being redirected to the Paizo home page. The old thread also hasn't appeared in my focus threads for about a year now, so I thought it had been purged since it was an old thread. It seems it is alive and well.

Anyways, today I made this new thread, and updated the link from my website. The link worked fine earlier today. Now I just clicked on the new link from my website, and again I was just redirected to the Paizo home page.

I'll experiment a bit more with the new link.

Sovereign Court

Kor, that happened to me with my link to the Age of Worms page. Think it was sunday when all of a sudden it started sending to the homepage.

Anyways, very nice gallery.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I have added www in the link in front of the paizo.com url and it seems to be working well now. Maybe just a coincidence. If I see it happening again I will try accessing it from multiple computers with different o/s and browsers to see if I can identify a pattern.

The Exchange

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber

I love the site and going to bookmark it.
I have a suggestion that if you can have a way to keep track of what miniatures you have.
There use to be a website for D&D Miniatures called Shoebox, but it has been unavailable and found another site to keep track of my D&D Miniatures.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Hi Victor, thanks for linking that site!

I have been wanting to do something very similar for a long time, however I currently lack the programming knowledge. About 1 month ago I posted in several Paizo forums asking for a volunteer to help me out with the coding, but no one replied.

I will contact the current site owner and see if he would be able to provide me with the code. If he could, I'm sure I could easily adapt the code for my purposes.

Thanks!


Hi Eric! This line is terrific, thank you;

Here are my suggestions as I gather they are too late perhaps these ideas might fill in other lines.

1 Pirate PC's (Tiefling Smuggler, Elf Freebooter, or a Dwarf Corsair)

2 Another Common Pirate Crew Member or a Chelish Marine

3 Hammerhead Shark &/or Hammerhead Wereshark

4 Giant Crab mini

The hammerhead and the crab have never been done before, compared to yet another sculpt of a "bloodbug" or "rat sworm" again. Further Hammerheads are the type of shark that is mentioned specifically in the S&S AP. The set could definitely use more pirate miniatures that are not key NPC and also a variety of interesting races such as that awesome Tengu. There is already one great pirate crew member mini (of unknown rarity) but it would be great to have another type of pirate to represent the opposing crew.

Thanks for reading, keep up the great work!


Victor wrote:

I love the site and going to bookmark it.

I have a suggestion that if you can have a way to keep track of what miniatures you have.
There use to be a website for D&D Miniatures called Shoebox, but it has been unavailable and found another site to keep track of my D&D Miniatures.

Thanks for the link. That site is very useful for tracking down what I'm missing!

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
rocksolo wrote:

Hi Eric! This line is terrific, thank you;

Here are my suggestions as I gather they are too late perhaps these ideas might fill in other lines.

1 Pirate PC's (Tiefling Smuggler, Elf Freebooter, or a Dwarf Corsair)

2 Another Common Pirate Crew Member or a Chelish Marine

3 Hammerhead Shark &/or Hammerhead Wereshark

4 Giant Crab mini

The hammerhead and the crab have never been done before, compared to yet another sculpt of a "bloodbug" or "rat sworm" again. Further Hammerheads are the type of shark that is mentioned specifically in the S&S AP. The set could definitely use more pirate miniatures that are not key NPC and also a variety of interesting races such as that awesome Tengu. There is already one great pirate crew member mini (of unknown rarity) but it would be great to have another type of pirate to represent the opposing crew.

Thanks for reading, keep up the great work!

I'm pretty sure Eric already said there was a hammerhead shark in the skull and shackels set - just not "spoiled" yet. As for the chelish marine, today blog should make you happy.

I am holding out for a giant crab as well, would love to see one.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I want a reefclaw and the bees that attack at Rickety Squibs.

I think the reefclaw is the only mini needed to complete the encounters for the Beginners box as everything else has been done. They could then do repaints for a beginners box monster set if they wanted to target beginners.


douglasiv wrote:

I want a reefclaw and the bees that attack at Rickety Squibs.

I think the reefclaw is the only mini needed to complete the encounters for the Beginners box as everything else has been done.

+1 to the Reefclaw idea, although I'll be surprised if one isn't lurking among the as-yet unpreviewed S&S minis.

My group is already past that part of the AP, but Reefclaws would be a very useful miniature for other GMs who are thinking of running the campaign. Giant Bees/Wasps can be obtained elsewhere ( I found half a dozen at a local party supply/joke shop, cheap) but the Reefclaw is fairly unique.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Victor wrote:
....found another site to keep track of my D&D Miniatures.

Just curious, is this site still active? The link to their forum no longer works.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I have spoken to the current host and the site is essentially still active. The host is interested in adding Pathfinder Battles content to the site and I have offered any assistance I can provide to help make that happen.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
douglasiv wrote:
I want a reefclaw and the bees that attack at Rickety Squibs.

Its not a bee, but the giant wasps (swarmlings) from Mage Knight are my favorite bee-type creature. They are fairly easy to re-base.

Swarmling


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Cat-thulhu wrote:
I am holding out for a giant crab as well, would love to see one.

Is there a Giant Crab in the Skull & Shackles AP? I hope so, because I really want one!


Kor - Orc Scrollkeeper wrote:
douglasiv wrote:
I want a reefclaw and the bees that attack at Rickety Squibs.

Its not a bee, but the giant wasps (swarmlings) from Mage Knight are my favorite bee-type creature. They are fairly easy to re-base.

Swarmling

Thanks those look great. Not too many available in the singles market. I may have to check eBay. Thanks

The Exchange

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber
danielc wrote:
Just curious, is this site still active? The link to their forum no longer works.

The database is still usable and can keep track of your miniature collection, but not active per say. Maybe he has not put attention towards the project.

Kor - Orc Scrollkeepr wrote:
I have spoken to the current host and the site is essentially still active. The host is interested in adding Pathfinder Battles content to the site and I have offered any assistance I can provide to help make that happen.

It also seems that he is able to be contacted yet and willing to do more. Hopefully this has made him want to make those links on his database active again.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I would love to see the database include Pathfinder minis as well. It seems like a nice format. As for the forum, he could just link to the Plasticrypt forum if he didn't want to run his own. That would be an easy fix and give his site a greater sense of being active.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Modules Subscriber

Kor - your site is extremely useful to me. Before sorting through my various bins when running an adventure, I make a list of the monsters I need, then use your site (and Greyhaze's Plasticrypt for DDM) to preview my options and make mini selections. It saves me a ton of time.

One possible suggestion to enhance functionality - and I don't know if this is possible from a legal or practical perspective. Since Paizo sometimes doesn't use OGL monster names for its minis (ie. bloodbug vs stirge or xulgath vs troglodyte), it would also be great to have the OGL name somewhere in the rectangle you've created for each monster.

Thanks a ton for creating and maintaining a very valuable reference site!


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
rokeca wrote:

Kor - your site is extremely useful to me. Before sorting through my various bins when running an adventure, I make a list of the monsters I need, then use your site (and Greyhaze's Plasticrypt for DDM) to preview my options and make mini selections. It saves me a ton of time.

One possible suggestion to enhance functionality - and I don't know if this is possible from a legal or practical perspective. Since Paizo sometimes doesn't use OGL monster names for its minis (ie. bloodbug vs stirge or xulgath vs troglodyte), it would also be great to have the OGL name somewhere in the rectangle you've created for each monster.

Thanks a ton for creating and maintaining a very valuable reference site!

Thanks rokeca. I have received several requests to build in a search ability into the website. While contemplating the challenge of learning a new language to do this (PHP), another mini-fan pointed me to a website that already does this for the D&D minis. I'm hoping to work with that site and get Pathfinder minis included... if that doesn't work out though, then I will start working on developing the needed knowledge to get it up and running here.

You do make a great suggestion though and I will ensure that the appropriate reference "tags" as you mentioned are also referenced on each miniature. Since search tags are just a general reference, I think it might be OGL compliant, as long as no-where on the information page it refers to the monster under its protected content name. (Of course if I am wrong, my e-mail address for their Cease & Desist letter is easily referenced on the home page.)


It's like Christmas morning every time I get to see new pics posted for the S&S adventure path. Now the new Undead Horde set looks great, the wight with his peg leg fits right into a pirate campaign. he would make a perfect substitute for Whalebone Pilk if you don't end up getting him as he is rare.

Rarity is the main reason I write I have already suggested that the pirate in this set be common, even though it should be uncommon because it looks super terrific in detail and color. Now I am "suggesting" that the Seaweed Siren be Rare. While interesting and never done before, it holds a lower replay value over say the pirate or marine and nobody wants to end up with 10 seaweeds sirens trying to get 1 Whalebone Pilk.

Great to see the Chelish Marine, this mini for sure will see a lot of use as it can fit into many types of settings. Hope to see that Hammerhead and Crab on the way!

Currently I am using the WotC stormclaw scorpion from the Lords of Madness set. They have two other scorpions which also look very crab like. So there it is scorpion x3, crab x0, lol. They also made a wasp that is perfect for Ole'Rickety's place.

If you are looking to add a little something to your next sea battle check out the cool Kraken Tentacle minis they are making at dungeon crawler. Maybe a bit inspiration for a new line here.

Thanks again peeps at piazo, your doing a wonderful job!


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Thanks Again Kor. I love being able to go to the Gallery and show off minis or check the list of those to come.

I also love the new layout Very nice. :-)


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Thanks danielc. I hope to add a great level of user inter-activeness in the distant future. I am trying to teach myself PHP right now, which should allow me to build a user interface into a customized gallery page. This customized page would allow people to select the criteria they wish to query, and display the minis applicable to the query (i.e. all orcs, or all female humans).


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Kor, still any plans to put together a Shattered Star checklist? I'm going through my minis and re-organizing them and wanted to do a checklist of each set.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Hobbun wrote:
Kor, still any plans to put together a Shattered Star checklist? I'm going through my minis and re-organizing them and wanted to do a checklist of each set.

Just curious, can't you just look at the gallery and write them down to make your own check list? That is what I do.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Of course I can.

It just would be nice to see a well organized checklist with the boxes like the first two sets, instead of my chicken scratch. :)

And since he created checklists for the first couple of sets, I was just curious if it was something he was still planning to do. Believe me though, I've been appreciative of the first two checklists.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I will tinker around tonight to see what I can put together. I want to do a list for all sets, in the same format. However, I have yet to settle on a format I am truly happy with.

I know there were a lot of people who liked using the checklists that WotC put out for their D&D Miniatures line. I was sort of surprised that Paizo didn't also have a checklist available, as it helps to promote the product.

Myself, I used to just use Excel for recording my minis -- but soon with my addiction it became too laborious. I will also look into the option tonight of putting them into an Open Office format spreadsheet, so that people have the option of either just printing the sheet and marking on it, or typing into on the computer.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I have not linked this to the gallery yet, but here's my current spreadsheet-based Open Document checklist:

Shattered Star Checklist


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Hobbun wrote:

Of course I can.

It just would be nice to see a well organized checklist with the boxes like the first two sets, instead of my chicken scratch. :)

Ah got you. :-)

I have made my own sense the first DDM figures in Excel so I am sorry. Of course his is nice. ;-)


Keep up the good work, Kor.
Your site is the primary way I keep track of what minis I want from upcoming sets.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Bill Kirsch wrote:

Keep up the good work, Kor.

Your site is the primary way I keep track of what minis I want from upcoming sets.

Same here, thanks for all the good work ^^


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Thanks all. I'm happy to hear the site is helpful for others.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game, Class Deck Subscriber

Thanks for the checklists Kor, just started my case subscription and they are really helpful for tracking what I'm missing!


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Well it seems the new host I switched to 5 days ago (Bluehost) has been down all day. I'm hoping they will have their issues fixed soon, but I may have to source out another host tonight. I was trying to decide between BlueHost and GoDaddy... it seems I may have chosen the lesser of the 2.


Kor - in the Legends of Golarion set, I'm almost 100% certain the small green figure in the first row on the right is the kobold artwork from advanced race guide (pg. 133). I'm also willing to bet the small dark miniature on the top left is the kobold ranger from the kobolds of golarion player companion.


Awesome site, keep it up. I really appreciate the gallery organization. With all the sets it helps to visually be able to keep track of things. Well done!


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Oozi McOoze wrote:
Awesome site, keep it up. I really appreciate the gallery organization. With all the sets it helps to visually be able to keep track of things. Well done!

Thanks Oozi

Grand Lodge

Kor - the images seem to be misaligned on the Lost Coast set starting with the gnome.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Allar Westdorp wrote:
Kor - the images seem to be misaligned on the Lost Coast set starting with the gnome.

They look fine to me. Could it be the browser you are using?


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
danielc wrote:
Allar Westdorp wrote:
Kor - the images seem to be misaligned on the Lost Coast set starting with the gnome.
They look fine to me. Could it be the browser you are using?

Yes, please let me know what browser you are using and I will test it out.

From a coding perspective though, it seems odd that it is causing a problem at that point. All the boxes are produced by the same piece of code, so either they all should work or none of them.

I have double checked the arrays the data is pulled from, and I can't see any problems there either.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Lost Coast set
Lamashtu Thug #1 and #2 pictures have been swapped/corrected.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Thank you for posting this. I will get this fixed up tonight.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Pathfinder Tales Subscriber

I was just going through the Special Miniatures section and noticed a few things that may need correction.

- Goblin Raider - This should be listed as a small mini

- Hellfire Wisp - This should be listed as a medium mini.

There are also two additional minis which should be added to this section. They are similar to the Bloodbriar Goblin Raider in that they have different markings on the base than the versions that have already been released.

- Lava Lurker - This version is based on the same paint master as the figure in the Emerald Spire Promo set but has the Paizo logo and "2013" on the base instead of the Emerald Spire set designation.

- Shadowfire Elemental - This version is based on the same paint master as the figure in the Emerald Spire Promo set but has the Paizo logo and "2013" on the base instead of the Emerald Spire set designation.

By the way, love the Pathfinder Minis site, I use it all the time.

EDIT: I haven't been able to find out any information regarding if those last two were released at a convention(s). Maybe they were ony released on Paizo.com?


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
SentinelPrime wrote:
- Goblin Raider - This should be listed as a small mini

My Goblin Raider is on a Medium Base. So if yours is on a small base one of us has a collectible. ;-)

SentinelPrime wrote:
- Hellfire Wisp - This should be listed as a medium mini

Are you sure? I thought it is mounted the same way as the Will-O-Wisp, a small base.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Pathfinder Tales Subscriber
danielc wrote:
SentinelPrime wrote:
- Goblin Raider - This should be listed as a small mini

My Goblin Raider is on a Medium Base. So if yours is on a small base one of us has a collectible. ;-)

SentinelPrime wrote:
- Hellfire Wisp - This should be listed as a medium mini
Are you sure? I thought it is mounted the same way as the Will-O-Wisp, a small base.

Hmmm..., I was going by the description on the Paizo website which gave the size of the mininatures. However, they were probably referring to the mini size and not the size of the base which is why I though they needed correcting. I'll double check the base sizes tonight but I think you are correct.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Thanks for keeping an eye out on the fine details... I occasionally mess up on those... (copy & paste) is not always helpful for me :)

The sizes I list are the base sizes... which does make the wisps look a little odd since the mini's themselves are the same radius as a medium base.

Thanks for reminding me about the other 2 minis... they have been on my "to do" list for awhile. I'm not sure if it is just me but my Shadowfire Elemental is much different in color than the one I got with the Emerald Spire set. The ES one is made from a translucent purple plastic, where-as the one I bought recently from Paizo appears to be black plastic. (I actually just held it up now to the light of my monitor and I do now realize that it is technically made from a translucent purple plastic, but it is far more opaque.)


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
SentinelPrime wrote:
EDIT: I haven't been able to find out any information regarding if those last two were released at a convention(s). Maybe they were ony released on Paizo.com?

Here is Erik's post about these minis:

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lgs4?PromoHoHo

Going by the forum post, neither of these 2 have been released before at a convention.

1 to 50 of 74 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo / Paizo Licensed Products / Miniatures / Pathfinder Miniatures Gallery - Discussion Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.