Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Why no Friday Blog?


Website Feedback

Andoran

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Day after Thanksgiving made sense but I'm curious as to why Friday log posts have stopped.


Yup it's been 3 weeks with no new Pathfinder minis. I is a sad Maniac :(


They haven't started the goblin wheels up yet.

Sometimes there are days without blog posts.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Laschoni wrote:
Day after Thanksgiving made sense but I'm curious as to why Friday log posts have stopped.

I think for today, at least, they want to give the Kickstarter & the Megadungion maximum exposure.

Cheliax

When blizzard did WoW their publishing schedule for everything else slowed to a crawl. Welcome to Paizo 2.0 all aboard the MMO train choo choo...

Ok mostly joking...now c'mon make them miniatures from the kickstarter available to us Luddites ! ;)

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

:(

Paizo Employee CEO

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Erik has been a super busy boy lately. I can't ask him to work longer hours since he hardly ever goes home. Other things have popped up that are just more important than writing the blog. And there is really nobody else that can write it right now. So it doesn't get done. Which sucks, I know, but the alternative would be Erik getting sick or something from working even harder, and I think that sucks worse. I'll see what I can do to get you guys some minis love next Friday. I know Erik had plans, but they got ambushed by more important work. Ahhh, the hectic life of a gaming executive! :)

-Lisa

Cheliax

Well for what it's worth I think a lot of us have seen enough to want to order the miniatures already...and the last two sets were amazing enough where I just buy them when they're announced now =)

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Thanks Lisa. It is cool. I definitely would rather have a healthy Erik, than a minis preview.

We often didn't know all the DDMs in a set from WotC, until their release date. It made for a few pleasant surprises.

Now if I could get my subscription case a day or two before the official release date, with a few unknown surprises inside, that would be cool. ;) That actually happened a couple of times with the DDM sets.


Mazra wrote:

We often didn't know all the DDMs in a set from WotC, until their release date. It made for a few pleasant surprises.

I'd be partial to having some minis revealed at release :) although I wouldn't mind seeing a few more before then... If its viable.

Andoran

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Thanks Lisa, I was just curious because it seemed like nothing had been said about it. I really love how much work you guys poor into all the products. Helps swallow the bills.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Crazy idea: guest blog Friday. Maybe one of the third party guys wouldn't mind a chance to discuss their upcoming projects....


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

You could always have a guest blog when Erik's too busy. I'm sure any number of customers would volunteer! ;)

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm actually working on setting up some guest blogs to fill in for days when I get too busy. It's shameful that I've missed two weeks in a row, so I'm going to make it up to you guys next week with a MEGA REVEAL.

In the meantime, this week did actually break some significant miniatures news. Have you seen the Pathfinder Online Kickstarter Campaign? We've already revealed two cool variant-paint Pathfinder Battles miniatures that will be sent to Crowdforger supporters as a bonus for backing the project, which also comes laden with other cool rewards like a soundtrack, a hardcover Pathfinder Emerald Spire Superdungeon written by superstar Pathfinder designers, Flip-Mats, and more. There are a ton more minis coming as part of this effort, and if it reaches its funding goal we're talking about at least nine figures.

So, while I HAVE been too busy to post blogs, miniatures-related business has been a big part of why.

As a quick update, WizKids is currently in production on the NEXT TWO Pathfinder Battles sets. They have art reference, and their sculptors are busy at work probably as you read this. In addition to this, we've got at least three other minis-related projects in various stages of production, from formal concepting to actual production.

No, I can't tell you anything about those yet. Yes, I will be approving new sculpts for one of these projects as early as next week.

More news soon, in the form of an official blog post. In the meantime, please consider kicking in on the Kicstarter campaign. I'm hoping that getting sweet Pathfinder Battles promotional figures as part of this package will help to introduce prepainted minis to a lot of video gamers, and that will help the Pathfinder Battles line grow and grow with more awesome figures and more awesome sets in the future.

Onward!

Andoran

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Would these happen to include Encounter packs? I still have an unused coupon I believe.

Yeah, I've put my money up for the kickstarter. Doubled my commitment with the news of the Emerald Spire and Mini repaints.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I am not big on MMORPGs. But when you started putting minis as stretch goals, I pledged to the necessary level. So, it worked in my case.

Cheers,

Mazra

Andoran

Erik Mona wrote:

It's shameful that I've missed two weeks in a row, so I'm going to make it up to you guys next week with a MEGA REVEAL.

And all is forgiven!


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Mazra wrote:
I definitely would rather have a healthy Erik, than a minis preview.

This


Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Eric, I know the first two miniatures that will given through the Kickstarter are repaints, but if (when) we gain more miniatures (and I know we will), will any of them be new sculpts?


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Erik Mona wrote:

I'm actually working on setting up some guest blogs to fill in for days when I get too busy. It's shameful that I've missed two weeks in a row, so I'm going to make it up to you guys next week with a MEGA REVEAL.

In the meantime, this week did actually break some significant miniatures news. Have you seen the Pathfinder Online Kickstarter Campaign? We've already revealed two cool variant-paint Pathfinder Battles miniatures that will be sent to Crowdforger supporters as a bonus for backing the project, which also comes laden with other cool rewards like a soundtrack, a hardcover Pathfinder Emerald Spire Superdungeon written by superstar Pathfinder designers, Flip-Mats, and more. There are a ton more minis coming as part of this effort, and if it reaches its funding goal we're talking about at least nine figures.

So, while I HAVE been too busy to post blogs, miniatures-related business has been a big part of why.

As a quick update, WizKids is currently in production on the NEXT TWO Pathfinder Battles sets. They have art reference, and their sculptors are busy at work probably as you read this. In addition to this, we've got at least three other minis-related projects in various stages of production, from formal concepting to actual production.

No, I can't tell you anything about those yet. Yes, I will be approving new sculpts for one of these projects as early as next week.

More news soon, in the form of an official blog post. In the meantime, please consider kicking in on the Kicstarter campaign. I'm hoping that getting sweet Pathfinder Battles promotional figures as part of this package will help to introduce prepainted minis to a lot of video gamers, and that will help the Pathfinder Battles line grow and grow with more awesome figures and more awesome sets in the future.

Onward!

How many minis sets / minis related projects are you planning on releasing in a given year?


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

I had asked over in the main product thread, but since Shattered Star minis haven't shown up in either the January or February subscription order yet, is it still on track for a January Release?

What with the original GW KS rewards shipping, the new GW KS ending, normal subscriptions, and a new minis set releasing . . . January is looking to be a busy and/or expensive month for some folks.

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

Shattered Star is still on track for a January release.

There are encounter packs in the works. Still not sure when they will hit, though.

I think we're looking at three full sets, plus whatever else we can squeeze in between the cracks.

Thanks for your support on the Kickstarter, guys! We have tons of additional figures planned. Right now they are all repaints, but if we break through the ambitious project goal, brand new sculpts is certainly something we've discussed with WizKids.

Of course, if the campaign is not successful, none of these happen, period.

So please consider supporting the Pathfinder Online Kickstarter campaign and get your friends to jump on board, too!

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Erik Mona wrote:
Shattered Star is still on track for a January release.

The first half of our shipment has already reached our warehouse, so I'm pretty confident that the set will release on time.


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Vic Wertz wrote:
The first half of our shipment has already reached our warehouse, so I'm pretty confident that the set will release on time.

Ooooh.

Does that mean that the Friday previews may now contain photos of production models and not just proofs?

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

Yep.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Erik Mona wrote:

Shattered Star is still on track for a January release.

Great to hear, was hoping to use the holiday code on it, though I noticed it won't work for that.

So plan B, npc codex and other November to January stuff I missed ^^


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Dude?

January?

Right after Christmas?

Really? That's cold.

That's wallet cruelty, that is. How can I afford to shell out for a new set less than a month after Christmas? Why do you guys like to hurt me with your release schedule? ;.;

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I would agree there. IMHO A November release would be better for all, maybe Wizkids and Paizo too. A case of Shattered Star minis under the Christmas tree would have been special.

Andoran

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Unless I am mistaken today's pathfinder online update is a repaint of an earth elemental.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Laschoni wrote:
Unless I am mistaken today's pathfinder online update is a repaint of an earth elemental.

Didn't I read somewhere that up to the million the miniatures would all be repaints, but after that there might be new sculpts? Or did I just imagine this?


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
danielc wrote:
Laschoni wrote:
Unless I am mistaken today's pathfinder online update is a repaint of an earth elemental.
Didn't I read somewhere that up to the million the miniatures would all be repaints, but after that there might be new sculpts? Or did I just imagine this?

8 posts up from you, in this thread.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
WampaX wrote:
danielc wrote:
Laschoni wrote:
Unless I am mistaken today's pathfinder online update is a repaint of an earth elemental.
Didn't I read somewhere that up to the million the miniatures would all be repaints, but after that there might be new sculpts? Or did I just imagine this?
8 posts up from you, in this thread.

LOL, I can be so blind sometimes. I looked and did not see it. Thanks.

Taldor

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Card Game Subscriber
Erik Mona wrote:

I'm actually working on setting up some guest blogs to fill in for days when I get too busy. It's shameful that I've missed two weeks in a row, so I'm going to make it up to you guys next week with a MEGA REVEAL.

And? Been F5'ing all afternoon/evening =p

Andoran

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Sniggevert wrote:
Erik Mona wrote:

I'm actually working on setting up some guest blogs to fill in for days when I get too busy. It's shameful that I've missed two weeks in a row, so I'm going to make it up to you guys next week with a MEGA REVEAL.

And? Been F5'ing all afternoon/evening =p

Same here. At least it isn't late yet on the West Coast.


Sad Minis Maniac, no blog post again :'(

Thats now 4 weeks of no minis *sobs*

Cheliax

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

They showed a new Troll Champion on their FB page a few minutes ago.


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
The Minis Maniac wrote:

Sad Minis Maniac, no blog post again :'(

Thats now 4 weeks of no minis *sobs*

Don't lose hope yet.

Friday updates tend to land late (around 10PM EST).

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sadly, I was so busy handing out holiday bonuses to the staff today that by the time I finished, the web team was long gone! As a stop-gap, I've posted photos of several new reveals on the Paizo Facebook. We'll get formal photos up next week, and again I apologize about the lack of the blog lately.

Next Friday will have the coolest mini in the whole set, possibly the most complex and awesomest prepainted plastic mini ever made for any set.

And I am absolutely positive that it'll be actually posted on Friday, since I AM NOT WRITING IT!

Instead, a Shattered Star author will be dropping by with a fun essay discussing what it's like to make something up one day, have Wayne Reynolds paint it some time later, and later still what it's like to hold the thing you made up in your hand.

It's going to be wild.

In the meantime, check out the Paizo Facebook Page for a look at Amiri, the Troll Champion (next to the lowly Troll from Heroes & Monsters), the Guiltspur Naga, the Mite on Spider, and the Wrath Demon.

More coming soon, honest!


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

I like that you have modeled the Troll Champion after Skanderbrog in Song of the Serpent (at least in terms of his choice of weapons). Will there be other Pathfinder Tales minis popping up in future sets?

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

Very likely.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Clearly we need to bribe Erik with White Castle or Lion's Tap....


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

Well, I'm suddenly happy that I didn't go nuts trying to source overpriced DDM Vrocks last month. They seem to come up rather often.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Maps, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Erik Mona wrote:


As a quick update, WizKids is currently in production on the NEXT TWO Pathfinder Battles sets. They have art reference, and their sculptors are busy at work probably as you read this. In addition to this, we've got at least three other minis-related projects in various stages of production, from formal concepting to actual production.

So does this mean spoilers from the next set could start after Shattered Star is released? Perhaps encounter set spoilers?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Maps Subscriber
Erik Mona wrote:

Sadly, I was so busy handing out holiday bonuses to the staff today that by the time I finished, the web team was long gone!

Does this mean the web team didn't get any holiday bonuses? Uh-oh. There's gonna be problems with the forums next week...

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Feegle wrote:
Erik Mona wrote:

Sadly, I was so busy handing out holiday bonuses to the staff today that by the time I finished, the web team was long gone!

Does this mean the web team didn't get any holiday bonuses? Uh-oh. There's gonna be problems with the forums next week...

No worries—*I* handed those out.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Vic Wertz wrote:
Feegle wrote:
Erik Mona wrote:

Sadly, I was so busy handing out holiday bonuses to the staff today that by the time I finished, the web team was long gone!

Does this mean the web team didn't get any holiday bonuses? Uh-oh. There's gonna be problems with the forums next week...
No worries—*I* handed those out.

Amusingly though, there were forum issues. Well, ISP issues more accurately.

Darned Mayan Apocalypse!

Paizo / Messageboards / paizo.com / Website Feedback / Why no Friday Blog? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Website Feedback

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.