Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Cartmanbeck's Guide to Pathfinder Races


Advice

1 to 50 of 447 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

41 people marked this as a favorite.

Hi everyone!

I've finally finished my guide to the races of Pathfinder, and I can tell you right now that this was MUCH MORE WORK than I thought it would be at first!

LINK

Right now, it has all the core races finished, but I do plan to add the rest of the races from the Advanced Race Guide in increments in the next few months.

I would really like as much feedback as possible on this, especially on the last three sections (half-elf, half-orc, and human) as those races are super versatile so I had trouble coming up with specific ways to optimize them.

Exhaustedly,
Cartmanbeck


Why do you recommend Scarred Witch Doctor for dwarves?

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Cheapy wrote:
Why do you recommend Scarred Witch Doctor for dwarves?

I don't actually, I am just saying that the only way to really make an optimized witch as a dwarf would be to convince your GM to let you use that archetype, which would be awesome because of the Con boost for dwarves. If that's confusing I can re-write that line without the semi-joke.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Awesome bit of work my good man! I will be using this in the creation of my next toon!

One point to fill in: You seem to have missed the Half-Orc/Class/Wizard recommendation. I would assume you would have given it the RED.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Bwang wrote:

Awesome bit of work my good man! I will be using this in the creation of my next toon!

One point to fill in: You seem to have missed the Half-Orc/Class/Wizard recommendation. I would assume you would have given it the RED.

Actually for Half-elf, Half-orc and Human I simply left some of them off because there's simply nothing that makes them better or worse than any other option. Those three races have a floating ability bonus, so you can theoretically make a good character of any class using those races.


Looks good so far! One thing I noticed that you missed were the Halfling Keepsakes from Halflings of Golarion. Or are the bonuses that they provide not big enough to be worth mentioning?


Dot.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Ventnor wrote:
Looks good so far! One thing I noticed that you missed were the Halfling Keepsakes from Halflings of Golarion. Or are the bonuses that they provide not big enough to be worth mentioning?

I didn't look much at them, honestly. The bonuses are relatively small, but I'll take a second to see if any of them are really worth a mention.

Grand Lodge

Nice guide! But under Halflings you suggest Mammoth Rider
quote: "This means that at 7th character level, our halfling Cavalier’s wolf mount suddenly grows from Medium size to Huge size"

Sorry, but you must be level 9 to get in:

"Mammoth Rider Class Details

Hit Die: d12.
Requirements

To qualify to become a mammoth rider, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.

Base Attack Bonus: +6.
Skills: Handle Animal 9 ranks, Ride 9 ranks, Survival 5 ranks."
From the PFSRD

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Kurt Grossman wrote:

Nice guide! But under Halflings you suggest Mammoth Rider

quote: "This means that at 7th character level, our halfling Cavalier’s wolf mount suddenly grows from Medium size to Huge size"

Sorry, but you must be level 9 to get in:

"Mammoth Rider Class Details

Hit Die: d12.
Requirements

To qualify to become a mammoth rider, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.

Base Attack Bonus: +6.
Skills: Handle Animal 9 ranks, Ride 9 ranks, Survival 5 ranks."
From the PFSRD

Fixed, thank you for the feedback!


I notice you don't seem to consider the smaller weapon size when discussing the costs and benefits of being small.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Mighty Squash wrote:
I notice you don't seem to consider the smaller weapon size when discussing the costs and benefits of being small.

I don't generally see it as a huge detriment to damage, since normally the bonuses you get to damage are more important than the dice you're rolling. For example, a d4 vs. a d6 is only 1 point higher average damage, so it shouldn't theoretically made a big difference. Do you think it's important enough to make a note of on both of the small-sized races?


Probably not, I was just wondering.

I was also curious as to why you are so sure the First Worlder is better than the Wild Caller. The fey type makes the eidolon much less potent as a combatant, having a d6 instead of a d10 for it's hit dice and half the BAB.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Mighty Squash wrote:

Probably not, I was just wondering.

I was also curious as to why you are so sure the First Worlder is better than the Wild Caller. The fey type makes the eidolon much less potent as a combatant, having a d6 instead of a d10 for it's hit dice and half the BAB.

My reasoning there is assuming that your summoner is going to focus more on the summon nature's ally spells than using the Eidolon for combat. I'll add a little more detail there.

Sczarni

Just started reading it. Very nice. Okay, just finished the section on Dwarves - for prestige classes you don't mention Horizon Walker which can actually be very good for a Dwarf Ranger, especially if they want to abuse the Mountain favoured terrain dominance in place of favoured enemy. It fits really well for dwarves and gives as much as +20 or more to attack & damage against creatures from the mountains.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Krodjin wrote:
Just started reading it. Very nice. Okay, just finished the section on Dwarves - for prestige classes you don't mention Horizon Walker which can actually be very good for a Dwarf Ranger, especially if they want to abuse the Mountain favoured terrain dominance in place of favoured enemy. It fits really well for dwarves and gives as much as +20 or more to attack & damage against creatures from the mountains.

Wow, I never read that deeply into the Horizon Walker, and definitely didn't realize that you essentially get free Favored Enemy at 3rd level in addition to the Terrain Dominance special ability. That's awesome! I'll add that right now.

Shadow Lodge

Very well done. I just have one suggestion - add some more space. Consider adding a space in between each "class" description. Seeing those huge walls of texts can be hard to manage.

But well done! It's obvious that you put a ton of time into this!

Added to The Comprehensive Pathfinder Guides Guide


Is there a reason you skipped a few classes for the half orc? You've got them all for the favoured class bonus section below, but some classes (cavalier, cleric, magus, ranger, and wizard) aren't rated.


I know it is months away...but Grippli musketeer. Just sayin'

Gr..gr..greg.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Eric Mason 37 wrote:
Is there a reason you skipped a few classes for the half orc? You've got them all for the favoured class bonus section below, but some classes (cavalier, cleric, magus, ranger, and wizard) aren't rated.

For Half-elf, half-orc, and human I skipped the classes that don't have anything good or bad going for them. The problem with the rolling ability score bonus is that there's really no BAD choice for those three races, and so for human, for example, I ended up with like 6 classes that just said "There's nothing that makes X class a better or worse choice than any of the other ones, so enjoy your human X!"

Do you guys think I should add those back in?

@Broken: I'll add some whitespace right now.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Some of the human favored class bonuses make them stronger options for certain classes than many other races (adding spells known to classes with few spells known can be a big bonus)

For half-elves their dual favored classes plus some of their favored class bonuses mean they could be great options for certain multiclass/dipping builds as well as for prestige class builds that require multiple classes to qualify.

Not huge differences but worth noting.


cartmanbeck wrote:
Ventnor wrote:
Looks good so far! One thing I noticed that you missed were the Halfling Keepsakes from Halflings of Golarion. Or are the bonuses that they provide not big enough to be worth mentioning?
I didn't look much at them, honestly. The bonuses are relatively small, but I'll take a second to see if any of them are really worth a mention.

I personally think the Blessed Button is worth a mention for Divine Halfling Slingers, since it essentially gives you good aligned magic projectiles for casting a spell that's probably worth casting anyway.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Ventnor wrote:
cartmanbeck wrote:
Ventnor wrote:
Looks good so far! One thing I noticed that you missed were the Halfling Keepsakes from Halflings of Golarion. Or are the bonuses that they provide not big enough to be worth mentioning?
I didn't look much at them, honestly. The bonuses are relatively small, but I'll take a second to see if any of them are really worth a mention.
I personally think the Blessed Button is worth a mention for Divine Halfling Slingers, since it essentially gives you good aligned magic projectiles for casting a spell that's probably worth casting anyway.

I added a blurb about the Sacred Keepsakes and then in Cleric and the other divine classes mentioned them also.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Might be good to look at race specific traits (as opposed to racial features) especially when you get to Aasimars and Tieflings there many specific traits that can be very good for the right builds.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Rycaut wrote:
Might be good to look at race specific traits (as opposed to racial features) especially when you get to Aasimars and Tieflings there many specific traits that can be very good for the right builds.

I'm dreading Aasimar and Tiefling because each of them could have a guide of their own... :(

The Exchange

I like your guide. It's pretty easy to read, and has great insight to how well the race works with more than just the common "_______ is good, and there's no reason for you not to take it. __________ is horrible. You should feel horrible if you take it." sort of deal.

On a side note, I hate it when a guide tells you something is terrible, but never tells you why it's terrible. You've avoided that, so Kudo's to you!


cartmanbeck wrote:
Rycaut wrote:
Might be good to look at race specific traits (as opposed to racial features) especially when you get to Aasimars and Tieflings there many specific traits that can be very good for the right builds.
I'm dreading Aasimar and Tiefling because each of them could have a guide of their own... :(

I am looking forward to this actually, they're probably one of the more complex advanced races offered by the race guide. Not to mention they both have that massively long optional list of alternate traits, blood lines and different spell like abilities you can roll for.


Tirq wrote:

I like your guide. It's pretty easy to read, and has great insight to how well the race works with more than just the common "_______ is good, and there's no reason for you not to take it. __________ is horrible. You should feel horrible if you take it." sort of deal.

On a side note, I hate it when a guide tells you something is terrible, but never tells you why it's terrible. You've avoided that, so Kudo's to you!

Yeah, I feel ya...I see a LOT of guides that do that, and it's ALWAYS annoying...it's almost as bad as guides where the writer made a SERIOUS rules blunder.

And Cartmanbeck, nice job on the guide! Easy to navigate, and generally informative (Could have gone a bit more in-depth in some parts, but considering the number of races in PF, and how in-depth some of them are...probably better to not go too in-depth unless neccesary)

Can't wait for the ARG races to be added!

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Now there are the Inner Sea Bestiary Races, like the Android.

Can't wait to see them.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

I didn't even know there were playable races in the Inner Sea Bestiary. I'll have to check those out!

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Ok so that actually brings me to a request for you all:

Given that I don't have access to every single book in existence cuz I'm not rich, I don't actually know of all the playable races that are out there. I was just made aware of the ones from the Inner Sea Bestiary (I found Syrinx, Lashunta, Ghoran and Android, are there others?) and I also found the Kuru, which is from the Isle of Shackles Campaign Setting.

The request is: Can you post to me any other monsters from any bestiary/fluff book that you know of, which have racial stats already given for playing as them? I already have access to all of the ones from the Advanced Race Guide, so don't post those, please. Also, stick with only Paizo-created races (no third-party stuff, please).


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Cartmanbeck: I too look forward to someone posting those missing races. And for those who can't find the races, you can find a lot of them at http://www.d20pfsrd.com

It might be helpful to post your criteria for deciding which races are best/worst for certain classes. It would allow the rest of us to do the same thing to home brew races, endemic to individualized campaign worlds. And I would love a critique on on which feats go best with which race/class combos...and which to avoid!

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Bwang wrote:

Cartmanbeck: I too look forward to someone posting those missing races. And for those who can't find the races, you can find a lot of them at http://www.d20pfsrd.com

It might be helpful to post your criteria for deciding which races are best/worst for certain classes. It would allow the rest of us to do the same thing to home brew races, endemic to individualized campaign worlds. And I would love a critique on on which feats go best with which race/class combos...and which to avoid!

I feel like I've done a pretty good job of explaining why each race is good at a certain class, but for the most part it's based on a combination of ability score bonuses and class feature + racial feat combos that are incredible.

The issue I'm having with finding other player-ready classes is that there's no real criteria to search for on d20pfsrd.com that will bring them up.


o.O You listed the Iconic Bard as a Gnome? Lem is a Halfling, not a Gnome.

EDIT: you also mention being a Mammoth Rider at level 7, which is impossible, given the skill pre-reqs require you to be at LEAST level 9 before qualifying. And Half-Elves can NOT select Elven Archetypes, specifically the Ancient Lorekeeper archetype.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Martiln wrote:

o.O You listed the Iconic Bard as a Gnome? Lem is a Halfling, not a Gnome.

EDIT: you also mention being a Mammoth Rider at level 7, which is impossible, given the skill pre-reqs require you to be at LEAST level 9 before qualifying. And Half-Elves can NOT select Elven Archetypes, specifically the Ancient Lorekeeper archetype.

Whoops, I'll fix the Iconic Bard.

The only place in which half-elves can't choose elven archetypes is in Pathfinder Society. They have the elf subtype, so they are considered elves in all respects. I know this has been debated a lot, but I haven't seen an argument that is strong enough to remove the elf-only archetypes from my list, and honestly I feel that any GM that denies a half-elf the elf archetypes, or a half-orc the orc archetypes, is being ridiculous.


cartmanbeck wrote:
Martiln wrote:

o.O You listed the Iconic Bard as a Gnome? Lem is a Halfling, not a Gnome.

EDIT: you also mention being a Mammoth Rider at level 7, which is impossible, given the skill pre-reqs require you to be at LEAST level 9 before qualifying. And Half-Elves can NOT select Elven Archetypes, specifically the Ancient Lorekeeper archetype.

Whoops, I'll fix the Iconic Bard.

The only place in which half-elves can't choose elven archetypes is in Pathfinder Society. They have the elf subtype, so they are considered elves in all respects. I know this has been debated a lot, but I haven't seen an argument that is strong enough to remove the elf-only archetypes from my list, and honestly I feel that any GM that denies a half-elf the elf archetypes, or a half-orc the orc archetypes, is being ridiculous.

Read Jason Bulmahn's FAQ entry here. It has been widely established that "effects" are mainly narrowed into things like spells affecting you because of your race, or magic items, or rangers favored enemies, but archetypes are race specific, regardless of if you are half of that race or not. Otherwise half-elves and half-orcs would have the elf/orc archetypes included in the lists available to them. Also in my opinion, giving those 2 races even more options than any other race like that makes them way more powerful than the other featured races, and that's just unfair.

EDIT: Another thing to consider is, if what you say is true, and half-elves count as elves and humans for all things race-related, why did the Arcane Archer have a Race prerequisite of "Elf or Half-Elf"? Wouldn't the latter requirement be redundant with your line of reasoning?

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Martiln wrote:
cartmanbeck wrote:
Martiln wrote:

o.O You listed the Iconic Bard as a Gnome? Lem is a Halfling, not a Gnome.

EDIT: you also mention being a Mammoth Rider at level 7, which is impossible, given the skill pre-reqs require you to be at LEAST level 9 before qualifying. And Half-Elves can NOT select Elven Archetypes, specifically the Ancient Lorekeeper archetype.

Whoops, I'll fix the Iconic Bard.

The only place in which half-elves can't choose elven archetypes is in Pathfinder Society. They have the elf subtype, so they are considered elves in all respects. I know this has been debated a lot, but I haven't seen an argument that is strong enough to remove the elf-only archetypes from my list, and honestly I feel that any GM that denies a half-elf the elf archetypes, or a half-orc the orc archetypes, is being ridiculous.

Read Jason Bulmahn's FAQ entry here. It has been widely established that "effects" are mainly narrowed into things like spells affecting you because of your race, or magic items, or rangers favored enemies, but archetypes are race specific, regardless of if you are half of that race or not. Otherwise half-elves and half-orcs would have the elf/orc archetypes included in the lists available to them. Also in my opinion, giving those 2 races even more options than any other race like that makes them way more powerful than the other featured races, and that's just unfair.

EDIT: Another thing to consider is, if what you say is true, and half-elves count as elves and humans for all things race-related, why did the Arcane Archer have a Race prerequisite of "Elf or Half-Elf"? Wouldn't the latter requirement be redundant with your line of reasoning?

Jason's FAQ entry only applies to favored class bonuses, and that's only because all of the core races have their own favored class option for each class that is specific to their race. If half-elves qualify for human feats, why wouldn't they also qualify for human archetypes? Until it's clarified more specifically, I can't justify re-writing a lot of the half-elf and half-orc sections.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Half-Elves do not qualify for Human feats, or Archetypes.

Feats and Archetypes are not effects.


cartmanbeck wrote:
Martiln wrote:
cartmanbeck wrote:
Martiln wrote:

o.O You listed the Iconic Bard as a Gnome? Lem is a Halfling, not a Gnome.

EDIT: you also mention being a Mammoth Rider at level 7, which is impossible, given the skill pre-reqs require you to be at LEAST level 9 before qualifying. And Half-Elves can NOT select Elven Archetypes, specifically the Ancient Lorekeeper archetype.

Whoops, I'll fix the Iconic Bard.

The only place in which half-elves can't choose elven archetypes is in Pathfinder Society. They have the elf subtype, so they are considered elves in all respects. I know this has been debated a lot, but I haven't seen an argument that is strong enough to remove the elf-only archetypes from my list, and honestly I feel that any GM that denies a half-elf the elf archetypes, or a half-orc the orc archetypes, is being ridiculous.

Read Jason Bulmahn's FAQ entry here. It has been widely established that "effects" are mainly narrowed into things like spells affecting you because of your race, or magic items, or rangers favored enemies, but archetypes are race specific, regardless of if you are half of that race or not. Otherwise half-elves and half-orcs would have the elf/orc archetypes included in the lists available to them. Also in my opinion, giving those 2 races even more options than any other race like that makes them way more powerful than the other featured races, and that's just unfair.

EDIT: Another thing to consider is, if what you say is true, and half-elves count as elves and humans for all things race-related, why did the Arcane Archer have a Race prerequisite of "Elf or Half-Elf"? Wouldn't the latter requirement be redundant with your line of reasoning?

Jason's FAQ entry only applies to favored class bonuses, and that's only because all of the core races have their own favored class option for each class that is specific to their race. If half-elves qualify for human feats, why...

1. Jason also explained that things like favored class bonuses are not effects. Remember, Half-Elves count as humans and elves for any "Effects" related to race(things like favored enemies, bane, and specific spells targeting race).

2. Just where does it say that Half-Elves qualify for Human only feats? Even in their section of the ARG, the feat Discerning Eye has a prereq of Elf or Half-Elf, specifying that both races can take it, but I'm not seeing any Elf-only feats that have Half-Elves in the prereqs. The same goes for Human only feats, they don't have Half-Elf or Half-Orc in the prereqs either. tldr; archetypes, favored class bonuses and feats are not effects related to race.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Martiln wrote:
cartmanbeck wrote:
Martiln wrote:
cartmanbeck wrote:
Martiln wrote:

o.O You listed the Iconic Bard as a Gnome? Lem is a Halfling, not a Gnome.

EDIT: you also mention being a Mammoth Rider at level 7, which is impossible, given the skill pre-reqs require you to be at LEAST level 9 before qualifying. And Half-Elves can NOT select Elven Archetypes, specifically the Ancient Lorekeeper archetype.

Whoops, I'll fix the Iconic Bard.

The only place in which half-elves can't choose elven archetypes is in Pathfinder Society. They have the elf subtype, so they are considered elves in all respects. I know this has been debated a lot, but I haven't seen an argument that is strong enough to remove the elf-only archetypes from my list, and honestly I feel that any GM that denies a half-elf the elf archetypes, or a half-orc the orc archetypes, is being ridiculous.

Read Jason Bulmahn's FAQ entry here. It has been widely established that "effects" are mainly narrowed into things like spells affecting you because of your race, or magic items, or rangers favored enemies, but archetypes are race specific, regardless of if you are half of that race or not. Otherwise half-elves and half-orcs would have the elf/orc archetypes included in the lists available to them. Also in my opinion, giving those 2 races even more options than any other race like that makes them way more powerful than the other featured races, and that's just unfair.

EDIT: Another thing to consider is, if what you say is true, and half-elves count as elves and humans for all things race-related, why did the Arcane Archer have a Race prerequisite of "Elf or Half-Elf"? Wouldn't the latter requirement be redundant with your line of reasoning?

Jason's FAQ entry only applies to favored class bonuses, and that's only because all of the core races have their own favored class option for each class that is specific to their race. If half-elves
...

From the Advanced Race Guide:

humanoid wrote:


...For example, a half-elf has both the human and the elf subtypes. Subtypes are often important to qualify for other racial abilities and feats. If a humanoid has a racial subtype, it is considered a member of that race in the case of race prerequisites...

Half-elves have the [human] and [elf] subtypes.

Racial feats and archetypes both have races as a prerequisite. Therefore, half-elves qualify for any human or elf racial feats and archetypes.

I consider this a clarification on the part of Paizo that racial subtypes are enough to qualify for feats and archetypes. Specific rule (that racial subtypes qualify you) trumps general rule (that you don't qualify for racial subtypes if you're not that race).

The only ruling that has been made by devs is that favored class bonuses are exclusive to your race.

I'm currently asking for devs to confirm this on this thread.


Looking at some of the bestiary races you plan on including, it seems you are getting them through people directing you to the bestiary entry itself. I only noticed this myself recently (might be new), but there is a section on the SRD labeled More Races. This basically lists all the extra races that they made racial stats for, but were not considered important enough to add to features or uncommon races, or really to add anything beyond new about them. It does not include anything other than the barebones of making a character with it (for example, the lizard folk entry makes no mention of the fact that the bite is undersized in the bestiary entry), but the races are at least grouped by "how likely a GM would let you play this." I think most of these were the ones described in the examples for Creating New Races section too.

For my two bits, lizard folk look like they would be good combat rogues, ninjas, or vivisectionists. They have +2 natural armor, making up for the typical low ac, and their three primary natural attacks at level 1 are a godsend for anything with sneak attack, since that would be three attacks at full BAB with no penalties. The bonus to strength and constitution are also nice for a thug build. Other than that, they are rather vanilla, with only a swim speed and +8 to swim as a defining feature. Great when you have to swim, but the fact that most people have low swim bonuses tells you how often that happens.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

lemeres wrote:
stuff

LOL... Given that I work on that site you'd think I would have known about that page. Thank you very much for the info!

In other news, Aasimar have now been added to the guide!

Dark Archive

Nifty, gonna give it a look.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

I have updated the guide with information about the Tiefling race!

Liberty's Edge

Love the guide, keep up the good work.

One question though. I notice you don't mention the race traits such as Warrior of Old for Elves or Forlorn for Dwarves. Was this intentional, or were you going to add them later?

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

WarDriveWorley wrote:

Love the guide, keep up the good work.

One question though. I notice you don't mention the race traits such as Warrior of Old for Elves or Forlorn for Dwarves. Was this intentional, or were you going to add them later?

Traits are taking it to a level that I just can't go... there are SO many traits out there, and it would take me entirely too long to add them. Maybe one day, after I get the other races all on there!

Speaking of, I've updated the guide with Catfolk!


For the Elven Summoner favored class bonus, you say that 1 minute = 6 rounds, and that 5 levels of the favored class bonus will drop the summoning time to a single round. That's incorrect. 1 combat round = 6 seconds (not 10, as you imply), so you would need to take the favored class bonus 9 times in order to knock that down to 1 round.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

yeti1069 wrote:
For the Elven Summoner favored class bonus, you say that 1 minute = 6 rounds, and that 5 levels of the favored class bonus will drop the summoning time to a single round. That's incorrect. 1 combat round = 6 seconds (not 10, as you imply), so you would need to take the favored class bonus 9 times in order to knock that down to 1 round.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Grand Lodge

dot

Grand Lodge

Any chance you can open this to printing/extract to PDF from Google docs? Its easier for me to extract and read even if its in development.

Teifling

- spelling error
Tieflings have a demon or other evil outsider in their family history, and this can cause them some social problems dealing with others, as there is the assumption of evil or deceitful.

I like the guide so far - awesome stuff. Looking forward to Dhampir - its one of the more common of the off center races so hoping its close to top on list of priorities.

[edit]Scratch that - Dhampir appears to be in the main body but not in the contents at the beginning of the doc

1 to 50 of 447 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder RPG / Advice / Cartmanbeck's Guide to Pathfinder Races All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.