I saw Skyfall over the weekend, and really liked it. I also really liked the theme song to the movie by Adele... so much that I bought the single.
This got me to thinking about all of the Bond themes, and I ended up buying a collection of all of the Bond movie music.
Listening to the themes of all 23 movies, I'd have to say my favorites are:
1) "Live And Let Die" by Paul McCartney and Wings (from Live And Let Die, 1973)
2) "Nobody Does It Better" by Carly Simon (from The Spy Who Loved Me, 1977)
3) "You Only Live Twice" by Nancy Sinatra (from You Only Live Twice, 1967)
4) "Skyfall" by Adele (from Skyfall, 2012)
5) "A View To A Kill" by Duran Duran (from A View To A Kill, 1985)
And an honorable mention for really setting the template of what makes a Bond theme to:
"Goldfinger" by Shirley Bassey (from Goldfinger, 1964)
What are your favorite Bond tunes... including incidental music, end-titles songs, Bond-inspired songs, etc?
The World is Not Enough is my favorite.
While I enjoy both Live and Let Die and A View to a Kill, they seem to be missing something of the Bond 'feel' to the songs. If I had never never been told that those two songs were Bond themes I would never be able to guess.
|Brian E. Harris|
I love the "A View To A Kill" theme.
I wasn't a fan of the "Die Another Day" theme until it was remixed, but, then again, I'm not really a fan of anything modern-Madonna unless it's remixed. She's lost it.
|Charlie Bell RPG Superstar 2015 Top 32, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16|