Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Ravingdork's Crazy Character Emporium


Advice

2,551 to 2,600 of 2,715 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Ancient Dragon Master wrote:
Can I have a list of 10th level characters RavingDork the website isn't working properly

You're not the first to ask for something like that. Here you go.

Note that most of my links aren't permanent. That's why I recommend you use the "master link" located at the bottom of the opening post of this thread. It will take you to the OneDrive folder that contains ALL of the gallery's characters. Bookmark it. Use it. Check back to this thread for new additions.

And if you like what you see in this thread, please be sure to hit that favorite button on the first post as well! Appealing to my vanity keeps these characters free.


Thanks.


Can you create summoner who Takes eldritch heritage and improved eldritch heritage (primal bloodline) to get the energy resistances for summoned creatures
His/her eidolon focuses on being a tank while the summoner summons helpers and snipes


What's paegin doing in there he's only level 9


Shouldn't Mister owl shooting both barrels at once be +14/+9


Tels wrote:

Ravingdork, have you considered the insanity that is Garr at 9th level when she could have Cleave, Lunge and Great Cleave?

Or... even crazier... Garr as she is, multiclassed into a Ranger that worships Saranrae, taking her Ranger Combat Style, which gives Whirlwind Attack at 6th for a Ranger (10th level for Garr). With her bloodline, Longarm, Enlarge, and Lunge her reach will be 25 ft. and if she uses a reach weapon, it's 50 ft. Combine that with a weapon like spiked gauntlets (so she still threatens within 25 ft.) and she can make a Whirlwind Attack and hit everything within 50 ft. of her.

Impressive.

What if long limbs At 17th level +15ft
Enlarge+10ft
Long arm+ 5ft
Lunge+5ft
15+10+5+5=35ft
If reach 70ft
Nothing could escape your wrath.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Ancient Dragon Master wrote:

Can you create summoner who Takes eldritch heritage and improved eldritch heritage (primal bloodline) to get the energy resistances for summoned creatures

His/her eidolon focuses on being a tank while the summoner summons helpers and snipes

I could do that, yes.

Ancient Dragon Master wrote:

What's paegin doing in there he's only level 9

He actually has 2 racial hit dice and 9 class levels, which makes his total character level 11, not 9 or 10.

However, because of the way Pathfinder's rules for monstrous characters work, he is considered a 10th-level character for the purposes of his starting funds and what level party he should be in.

You can find the rules for monstrous characters in the Bestiary, but in short, they say that "monster levels" don't count for as much as class levels, so monstrous PCs get a modified progression rate.

Ancient Dragon Master wrote:
Shouldn't Mister owl shooting both barrels at once be +14/+9

As far as I'm aware, no. If I recall correctly, shooting both barrels is an attack action that allows two attacks at -4 to hit.

That's off the top of my head so I could be a little off. It's also one of the older characters, so he might behind on a recent errata or something, though I generally do try to keep up with things like that in my gallery.


Paizo Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Hm. If you have, say, a double-barrelled shotgun, I do not see how firing both barrels at once should reduce your chance to hit, assuming you are proficient with the weapon.


Pathfinder Companion, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Ed Reppert wrote:
Hm. If you have, say, a double-barrelled shotgun, I do not see how firing both barrels at once should reduce your chance to hit, assuming you are proficient with the weapon.

Those are the rules, though.

"This twin-barreled shotgun can be shot one barrel at a time, or both together as one attack. A double shot that fires bullets is inaccurate, and takes a –4 penalty on both attacks."


Paizo Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Luthorne wrote:
Ed Reppert wrote:
Hm. If you have, say, a double-barrelled shotgun, I do not see how firing both barrels at once should reduce your chance to hit, assuming you are proficient with the weapon.

Those are the rules, though.

"This twin-barreled shotgun can be shot one barrel at a time, or both together as one attack. A double shot that fires bullets is inaccurate, and takes a –4 penalty on both attacks."

Well, I suppose if dem's da roolz, so be it, but... "that fires bullets". Does this mean there's no penalty if it fires shotgun shells? Do shotgun shells exist on Golarion?

Edit: I see that they do, sort of. Apparently, you can stick loose pellets down the barrel(s) of a shotgun, on top of the powder (cartridge?) but single piece shotgun shells don't exist. Either way, firing pellets simultaneously out of both barrels does not incur the -4 penalty mentioned above, since pellets aren't bullets.

Grand Lodge

I know I'm necrokicking but whatever.

Are you still making these? If you are, are you hosting a new site for your material elsewhere?

Grand Lodge

Please ignore my above post. Apparently I didn't see several thousand other posts tailing behind this thread.


Hi RavingDork :)
i a while back ran the first barbarian build on this page https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-yv4HLZWmWZ50K-q5mr_OkwX_tytkCoovFXm_C9 DGWY/edit
i found it to be ridiculously fun but would love to see what you might tweak or even see it as part of your roster in your format.
:)


Biffy wrote:

Hi RavingDork :)

i a while back ran the first barbarian build on this page https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-yv4HLZWmWZ50K-q5mr_OkwX_tytkCoovFXm_C9 DGWY/edit
i found it to be ridiculously fun but would love to see what you might tweak or even see it as part of your roster in your format.
:)

Fixed the link and made it linkified.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
AldantheRighteous wrote:

I know I'm necrokicking but whatever.

Are you still making these? If you are, are you hosting a new site for your material elsewhere?

Welcome to the club! Yes, I'm still making them, though it's relatively sporadic. See the "master link" in the first thread for the complete character gallery. All other links are unreliable, but the master link is eternal.

Biffy wrote:

Hi RavingDork :)

i a while back ran the first barbarian build on this page https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-yv4HLZWmWZ50K-q5mr_OkwX_tytkCoovFXm_C9 DGWY/edit
i found it to be ridiculously fun but would love to see what you might tweak or even see it as part of your roster in your format.
:)

"So what do you do?"

"I slay doors."

"Great. You're in!"

lol. You've got some interesting character combinations there for sure!

I don't know about getting that first guy the giant subtype, but as a half-orc he qualifies for the Racial Heritage feat, which can allow him to be treated as a frost giant, or a fire giant, or any one type of giant really (since they are legal humanoids). Not sure if that helps you get where you want to go though.


Ravingdork wrote:
AldantheRighteous wrote:

I know I'm necrokicking but whatever.

Are you still making these? If you are, are you hosting a new site for your material elsewhere?

Welcome to the club! Yes, I'm still making them, though it's relatively sporadic. See the "master link" in the first thread for the complete character gallery. All other links are unreliable, but the master link is eternal.

Biffy wrote:

Hi RavingDork :)

i a while back ran the first barbarian build on this page https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-yv4HLZWmWZ50K-q5mr_OkwX_tytkCoovFXm_C9 DGWY/edit
i found it to be ridiculously fun but would love to see what you might tweak or even see it as part of your roster in your format.
:)

"So what do you do?"

"I slay doors."

"Great. You're in!"

lol. You've got some interesting character combinations there for sure!

I don't know about getting that first guy the giant subtype, but as a half-orc he qualifies for the Racial Heritage feat, which can allow him to be treated as a frost giant, or a fire giant, or any one type of giant really (since they are legal humanoids). Not sure if that helps you get where you want to go though.

My GM actually allowed me to use the Giant Template on this build i then had a ring of enlarge person that bumped me up to Huge size.

We had a campaign which in the first session we raided a pirate base and i was bursting through walls, hulls, sternums and crumpling orcs into balls and using these flesh balls as throwing weapons on their buddies :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Biffy wrote:

My GM actually allowed me to use the Giant Template on this build i then had a ring of enlarge person that bumped me up to Huge size.

We had a campaign which in the first session we raided a pirate base and i was bursting through walls, hulls, sternums and crumpling orcs into balls and using these flesh balls as throwing weapons on their buddies :)

"I have an army."

"We have a hulk."

lol.


Aether Architect from Psychic Anthology has some interesting and abuseable uses. It can be used to create permanent, huge, walls of force, essentially, for free. Granted, only at 18th level... But it can be anchored to just about anything, or, apparently, nothing.

If I'm reading it right, one could build a ship almost entirely out of walls of force, or even better, use AA to build a second hull around an already existing ship! Or around a castle, walls, house, flying magical tower made of ice etc.

I believe it would fall under the "Spellcasting Services" cost if one hired it done. Helegur could probably reinforce her ice tower if she paid an aetherkinetic to do so, pretty cheaply too. In order to attack the tower, one would have to break through the force walls first, then break through the actual walls.

Or, imagine, like, an invisible ghost ship created by an aethekinetic, with permanent invisible sails and rigging, just sailing through the ocean. He could be an Aether/hydrokinetic and be the terror of the seas. Get a necromancer cohort to cast permanency and invisibility on skeletons before animating them (as dead bodies are objects), and command an invisible skeleton crew for your invisible ghost ship.

[Edit] Hmm... Theoretically, if one were to anchor the ghost ship to an invisible flying carpet, one could have a flying, invisible ghost ship as the ship itself has no weight. Just make sure to cram the invisible skeleton crew inside a portable hole before lift off to avoid weight limits.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Tels wrote:

Aether Architect from Psychic Anthology has some interesting and abuseable uses. It can be used to create permanent, huge, walls of force, essentially, for free. Granted, only at 18th level... But it can be anchored to just about anything, or, apparently, nothing.

If I'm reading it right, one could build a ship almost entirely out of walls of force, or even better, use AA to build a second hull around an already existing ship! Or around a castle, walls, house, flying magical tower made of ice etc.

I believe it would fall under the "Spellcasting Services" cost if one hired it done. Helegur could probably reinforce her ice tower if she paid an aetherkinetic to do so, pretty cheaply too. In order to attack the tower, one would have to break through the force walls first, then break through the actual walls.

Or, imagine, like, an invisible ghost ship created by an aethekinetic, with permanent invisible sails and rigging, just sailing through the ocean. He could be an Aether/hydrokinetic and be the terror of the seas. Get a necromancer cohort to cast permanency and invisibility on skeletons before animating them (as dead bodies are objects), and command an invisible skeleton crew for your invisible ghost ship.

[Edit] Hmm... Theoretically, if one were to anchor the ghost ship to an invisible flying carpet, one could have a flying, invisible ghost ship as the ship itself has no weight. Just make sure to cram the invisible skeleton crew inside a portable hole before lift off to avoid weight limits.

The Skull and Shackles Player's Guide lists what spells can be anchored to, and will travel with, sailing vessels; and which are immobile and stay in place independent of the sailing vessel.

Wall of force fell among the latter, so I imagine if this ability is anything like wall of force, then its effect will be stationary, and cannot be anchored to moving objects such as a ship or flying carpet.


Is your 'Master Link' still working? I get a blank page when I click on it. I was looking for some artwork for a campaign and loved the saved images you had!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Wallsingham wrote:
Is your 'Master Link' still working? I get a blank page when I click on it. I was looking for some artwork for a campaign and loved the saved images you had!

It looks like it's working fine to me. Is anyone else having any trouble with it?


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Ravingdork wrote:
Wallsingham wrote:
Is your 'Master Link' still working? I get a blank page when I click on it. I was looking for some artwork for a campaign and loved the saved images you had!
It looks like it's working fine to me. Is anyone else having any trouble with it?

Opens fine for me as well.


Well, nuts! I was afraid of that....


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

NEW NPC/MONSTER CHARACTER

Tin Man, The (CR 13 unique animated object)

This knight is covered head to toe in armor. Though his plate mail looks to be well-maintained, his gait creaks with every step. He carries a simple-looking battleaxe, which he casually flips from one hand to the other.

Formerly a common soldier who long ago perished on the battlefield, the Tin Man’s body was recovered by the soldier’s widow. Stricken with grief, the soldier’s widow attempted to get her husband back. She animated his corpse as a construct creature—an augmented animated object—then granted it sentience via the awaken construct spell. The thing she awakened was not her husband, however, and she quickly fell further into despair as the thing she created continued to rot in front of her, all the while questioning her about life. By the time there was no flesh remaining, the widow had long since gone mad, throwing herself into the sea.

Leaving behind her spellbook, as well as a large study full of information, the thing that was the soldier slowly taught itself the ways of the world, as well as the arcane arts. Before long, however, the animate skeleton was discovered, and was nearly destroyed by the local temple’s acolytes who mistook it for an undead menace. It now travels the world in the old soldier’s armor, attempting to avoid further discovery, and seeking out some worthwhile purpose for itself.

(I really wanted to give him the bioconstruct heart modification, but alas, that can only be placed upon golems. I guess he will just have to adventure somewhere else for it.)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

CHARACTER UPDATE

The illusionist and grand shadow adept, Ravendark (15th-level elf illusionist), has had the shadow enchantment and greater shadow enchantment spells (from Occult Realms) added to his spellbook.

He has also switched his Greater Spell Focus feat for Spell Specialization (greater shadow enchantment).

This grants him much more versatility in his spell list as he can now spontaneously duplicate any 5th-level or lower enchantment spell at 80% effectiveness, or 100% effectiveness with his Solids Shadows metamagic feat.

Ravendark can spontaneously cast most conjuration, enchantment, or evocation spells in the game at 100% effectiveness.

His spell list has been adjusted a bit as well, since he had several enchantment spells listed that he no longer needs to have prepared. To be able to afford the two new spells in his spellbook with his starting funds he now has one less clone in storage, and a few extra enervation scrolls to make up the difference.

Enjoy!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

CHARACTER ART UPDATE

Teddy has a new look.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Guess what guys; the Crazy Character Emporium isn't just for players to enjoy! :D

James Jacobs wrote:

For boss NPCs, just give the NPC a PC's wealth. That increases the boss NPC's CR by +1, so a zero HD creature with class levels and PC wealth is a CR equal to his class level.

We do this pretty much for EVERY major boss of an adventure path.

If it's good enough for Paizo, it's good enough for all you GMs out there too!

Go ahead and dig into my gallery! Make exciting boss fights for your players!

(Maybe consider adding an additional +1 CR for their ability scores and high optimization level.)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

CHARACTER ERRATA

More sweeping changes are on their way due to the plethora of new stealth errata released with the recently released Adventurer's Guide. To start, I have updated all of the Lore Warden fighters in my gallery to better match the new version of the archetype:

Enyo Quache (6th-level human daring mercenary)
Macellano Alamander (8th-level human trick fighter)
Manny the Mancatcher (1st-level human bounty hunter)
Taur Thelyn (13th-level human forest warden)


Ravingdork wrote:

CHARACTER ERRATA

More sweeping changes are on their way due to the plethora of new stealth errata released with the recently released Adventurer's Guide. To start, I have updated all of the Lore Warden fighters in my gallery to better match the new version of the archetype:

Enyo Quache (6th-level human daring mercenary)
Macellano Alamander (8th-level human trick fighter)
Manny the Mancatcher (1st-level human bounty hunter)
Taur Thelyn (13th-level human forest warden)

Manny links to Enyo.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ravingdork wrote:

CHARACTER ERRATA

More sweeping changes are on their way due to the plethora of new stealth errata released with the recently released Adventurer's Guide. To start, I have updated all of the Lore Warden fighters in my gallery to better match the new version of the archetype:

Enyo Quache (6th-level human daring mercenary)
Macellano Alamander (8th-level human trick fighter)
Manny the Mancatcher (1st-level human bounty hunter)
Taur Thelyn (13th-level human forest warden)

What stealth errata?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
miscdebris wrote:


Manny links to Enyo.

Thanks! Here is the correct link for Manny.

Tels wrote:
What stealth errata?

This stealth errata.


Paizo Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

RD: this is an amazing project. Thanks for doing it. A question: how often did you find yourself choosing things – skills, feats, whatever – for a character without regard for the character's backstory? A gross example might be a regional trait for a character who was born in a different region. Just curious.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Ed Reppert wrote:
RD: this is an amazing project. Thanks for doing it. A question: how often did you find yourself choosing things – skills, feats, whatever – for a character without regard for the character's backstory? A gross example might be a regional trait for a character who was born in a different region. Just curious.

Though some characters certainly have far more background detail than others, I put a lot of thought into each and every one of them. Sometimes I'm heavily focused on creating the concept, and the mechanics follow that; and other times it's the opposite, where I try to make a cool rules combo work, then I apply flavor to taste.

I like to think that I don't do what you describe very often, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were a couple of characters in the gallery where that's happened (most likely unintentionally).

I know of at least one character (that I'm playing now, not in the gallery currently) that took a trait at the start of the campaign. A couple of games in, I realized that the trait I had selected had very specific backstory attached to it that didn't mesh with the character very well at all, and it had a totally different name too! I didn't catch it because I happened to be combing through the d20pfsrd site for traits that matched my concept's goals. They have a habit of changing names and stripping important flavor for legal reasons, so it totally got by me during character creation.

I'm more vigilant about that sort of thing now. For the last few years I've had full Paizo subscriptions, so I can easily check hard copies and PDFs rather than relying on third party sites, but there's still a lot of stuff from before I had the subscriptions that I rely on the d20pfsrd, Archives of Nethys, or the PRD for.

In short, I try my best not to break/ignore flavor stuff, but it does happen. That being said, I would have no trouble breaking flavor if the build or concept called for it (though in that case, I would probably make a note of it on the character sheet so as to avoid confusion). There are a handful of characters in the gallery who have done this already, but they are most definitely in the minority.

Hope that helps to answer your question. Don't forget to like the first post if you haven't already. :D


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ravingdork wrote:
Tels wrote:
What stealth errata?
This stealth errata.

Huh... so now there are two fighter archetypes named Lore Warden. Silly Paizo and their naming shenanigans, they could have used something like Sword Sage, or Scholastic Warrior instead of using an already taken name. It's like the Dervish Dancer thing all over again.


Paizo Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Ravingdork wrote:
In short, I try my best not to break/ignore flavor stuff, but it does happen. That being said, I would have no trouble breaking flavor if the build or concept called for it...

It does indeed! Thanks much. Off to check that first post. :-)

Editadd: "You and 575 others have marked this post as a favorite." :-)


Thanks for this. Some really intriguing concepts and ideas!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Loptop the Goblin wrote:
Thanks for this. Some really intriguing concepts and ideas!

I'm glad you like them! If you use any of the concepts in your games, or make a character inspired by them, please be sure to come back and share your stories of how it went! :D


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

NEW CHARACTER

Natsu Yama (female halfling fighter 5/ninja 2) - assassin? infiltrator? saboteur? spy? thief? vagabond? You decide!

Natsu is a hell of a dart thrower, able to hurl as many high-damaging shuriken as she has levels! :D


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

NEW CHARACTER

The Heart Collector (male human necromancer 5/Adventuring Savant 10) - Sociopath, sadist, and egomaniacal wizard seeking godhood at any cost; a true specialist in maiming magic

Character Background:

“Oh this? Do you not recognize your own heart when you see it?”

Eibon has gone to great lengths to hide his past, long ago murdering anyone known to have any worthwhile information or long-term connections with him. What precious little else that is known about him, is that he is a dark wizard of great power actively seeking out a way to become a living god, at any cost.

A sadist and sociopath, the seemingly emotionless Eibon has earned the moniker “Eibon the Ruthless” due to his preference for horrific attack spells that maim and mutilate the bodies of his enemies. His favorite attack, death clutch, and his penchant for carrying the hearts of his victims, have also earned him another nickname: The Heart Collector. It is widely rumored that he carries the hearts of his former family members on his person at all times, though none have ever discovered the truth of the rumor and lived to tell the tale.

Despite his otherwise chaotic tendencies, Eibon remains singularly focused at gaining more knowledge and power, hoping to ultimately achieve immortality through deification (though he has no qualms about utilizing undead servitors during his various endeavors, he is loath to become one himself). As a result, he generally gets along well with those who actively work towards helping him obtain his goals. Even so, given enough time, Eibon will ultimately murder anyone associated with him. He believes that long-term association will only result in the theft of his secrets, leading to the possibility of others becoming gods in his stead. Conversely, Eibon completely ignores those who are inconsequential to his schemes (regardless of their plights or any complaints), and brutally massacres any who actively oppose him or his mad quest for power.


Ravingdork wrote:

NEW CHARACTER

The Heart Collector (male human necromancer 5/Adventuring Savant 10) - Sociopath, sadist, and egomaniacal wizard seeking godhood at any cost; a true specialist in maiming magic

** spoiler omitted **...

Bad link.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Good link.

Seems to have been a copy/paste error. Sorry about that.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

I've written up Eibon the Ruthless (aka, the Heart Collector) as a generic character so that he could more easily fit into any campaign.

If you want to better fit him into a Golarion-specific campaign, however, you need only make the following changes:


  • Instead of being an "Adventuring Savant," Eibon is a Pathfinder Savant.
    Eibon is (currently) a member of the Pathfinder organization (Dark Archive faction), where he frequently downplays his own knowledge and power. Though he remains reticent to reveal any of his secrets, being associated with that organization brings too many great benefits to be ignores; such as being on the forefront of new information on the latest discoveries, or having access to vast resources. Membership also provides ample opportunities to dispose of other members who get in his way or learn too much. Life as a Pathfinder is a perilous one, after all, and mysterious "accidents" befall its members all the time. Orchestrating such events is easy for one as intelligent and powerful as Eibon the Ruthless.
  • Eibon is technically a "follower" of Norgorber, god of secrets and murder, whose proclivities most closely mirror his own.
    Though Eibon does not worship the gods in any traditional sense (his personal egomania would never allow for it), he readily acknowledges their power and success, and looks to them for aid in the same manner he would any other useful tool. He sees himself less as a worshiper and more as a potential rival. Should he ever obtain godhood, Eibon is likely to attempt to overthrow and replace Norgorber as god of secrets and murder. Eibon has even gone through great lengths to study the magical arts of numerous faiths and philosophies, effectively poaching several divine secrets for his own personal use. His successes in stealing the power of the gods' divine servants in this way further fuels him overweening ambition.
  • Everything Eibon does is in preparation to undertake the test of the Starstone.
    Through his adventures and studies, Eibon hopes to uncover one of the biggest secrets of his age: The methods used by Norgorber to beat the test of the Starstone. Eibon believes that once he has discovered the truth behind this great secret, he will then be able to beat the test himself, and show the whole of the universe that he alone is worthy of Norgorber's titles.

If you want to make Eibon higher level, then I'd advise continuing on with his necromancer levels and taking metamagic feats that better augment his favorite attack spells.

If you want to make him lower level, I'd advise simply walking his progression backwards, first removing his "Greater" feats and any items that make the most use of his class abilities (such as his ring of telekinesis, which exists primarily to benefit from his Item Mastery class ability). Also, since he invested his starting funds heavily into additional spells known (paying for every single spell known from level 6 and up, and then some), be sure to refund the "viewing cost" for any given spell he is no longer capable of casting as a result of his lowered levels.

Have fun!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Did Pathfinder Savant get more levels and abilities in some recent book? Every copy of it that I've found has it stopping at 7th level and I can't find the source of some of Eibon's abilities.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Tels wrote:
Did Pathfinder Savant get more levels and abilities in some recent book? Every copy of it that I've found has it stopping at 7th level and I can't find the source of some of Eibon's abilities.

Adventurer's Guide overhauled it for the better. Details here.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ravingdork wrote:
Tels wrote:
Did Pathfinder Savant get more levels and abilities in some recent book? Every copy of it that I've found has it stopping at 7th level and I can't find the source of some of Eibon's abilities.
Adventurer's Guide overhauled it for the better. Details here.

Maybe I won't dumpster the all of the stealth errata of that book.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Huh?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ravingdork wrote:
Huh?

I pretty much universally toss or ignore errata Paizo issues stealth or not. They tend to have a very heavy handed approach when it comes to errata, usually utterly destroying the item, feat, ability etc., that they change.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Oh, gotcha. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Question for you, can you think of anyway of getting the Advanced Weapon Training feat on a sneak attack class, or, in lieu of that, getting sneak attack on a class with access to fighter levels or "counts as fighter levels for feats?"

I ask, because a post on Reddit made me aware of a Warpriest's sniping potential. My first thought was somehow stacking sneak attack, Warpriest damage increase, and Vital Strike for a super powerful single shot sniper. But I can't think of a way of getting Warpriest damage and Sneak Attack on the same class, unfortunately.


Well I think brawlers count as fighters for feat prereqs, and the snakebite striker gets some sneak attack.

2,551 to 2,600 of 2,715 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder RPG / Advice / Ravingdork's Crazy Character Emporium All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.