Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Mythic playtest right here, anyone?


Adventure Feedback

51 to 100 of 489 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

I use Hero Lab, and I just made manual changes to reflect the Mythic stuff.


Well I think this is all right. Let me know if there are any problems.

Embok was your typical Robin Hood style rogue until one day another rogue came along and started harassing people in the town. Embok discovered the source of the rogue's strange power, an otherwise mundane dagger, and did what any good rogue would do - he stole it and gained the mythic power for himself. Now he's off using his new power for the sake of good, rogue-style.

Embok
CG Male Elf
Rogue 1/Trickster 1
Speed: 30ft
Init: +3
Languages: Common, Elven, Celestial, Gnome, Sylvan
--------------------------
AC: 15 (10 +3 Dex, +2 Armor)
HP: 13 (1d8+1+4) (Dead at -20)
Saves: Fort: +0 Ref: +5 Will: +1
DA: Hard to Kill, Elven Immunities
--------------------------
Bab: +0
Melee: Dagger +3 (1d4+3)(19-20/x2)
SA: Sneak Attack 1d6
--------------------------
Str: 12, Dex: 17, Con: 10, Int: 16, Wis: 12, Cha: 12
Skills: Acrobatics: +7, Bluff: +5, Climb: +5, Disable Device: +9, Disguise: +5, Escape Artist: +7, Knowledge(Local): +7, Perception: +7, Sense Motive: +5, Sleight of Hand: +7, Stealth: +7
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Weapon Finesse (Mythic)
SQ: Mythic Power (Dexterity)(3+1+2), Elemental Vulnerability(Acid), Surprise Strike, Extra Mythic Power(2), Trapfinding(1), Low-Light Vision, Keen Senses
--------------------------
Possessions: Mythic Dagger, Dagger, Leather, Masterwork Thieves' Tools, 26 gp.

Osirion

Well, here she is. I am thinking she pretty much turns out as fury unleashed.

Elyza Thornspire

TN Female Elf
Transmuter 1/Archmage 1
Speed: 30ft.
Size: Medium
Init: +4; Senses: Perception +3, +8 when hawk on shoulder, Low-light vision
Languages: Common, Elven, Draconic, Auran, Sylvan, Orc
--------------------------
AC: 16 (+2 Dex, +4 Mage Armor (3 hrs per MP used)
HP: 9 (1d6+0+3) (Dead at -20)
Saves: Fort: +0 Ref: +2 Will: +2
Flaw: Furious Rage (If intimidated or hit with crit, rage without benefits, lose spell casting for d4+1 rounds)
--------------------------
Bab: +0
Melee: Longsword +3 (1d8+3)(19-20 x2)
Arcane Strike: Longsword +4 (1d8+5)(19-20 x2)
If MP spent, Longsword +4 (1d8+5+2d6)(19-20 x2) (for 10 rounds)
Conditional: +1 damage if flanking
Ranged: Long bow +2 (1d8)(20 x3)
If MP spent, Long bow +3 (1d8+2+2d6) (for 10 rounds)
Telekinetic Fist: +2, (1d4) 30ft RTA, 7/day
SA: Arcane Strike +1 attack, +2 damage + bane (for 10 rounds)
SA: Physical Enhancement, +1 to one physical stat, movable when prepping spells
DA: Elven immunities, Hard to Kill
Mythic Power (1d6, 5/day)
Archmage Arcana: Wild Arcana (1 MP to cast any one spell in spellbook at +2 CL)
Path Ability: Abundant Casting (+1 target)
--------------------------
Str: 15+1 Dex: 15 Con: 10 Int: 18 Wis: 10 Cha: 8

Skills: Perception(1) +3, Spellcraft(1)+8, Kn Arcana(1)+8, Kn Religion(1)+8, Kn Local(1)+8, UMD(1)+0
Feats(1): Scribe Scroll, Arcane Strike, Mythic Arcane Strike (1 MP = 10 rounds any +1 weapon ability, +1 attack and damage), Alertness when familiar is in reach
Traits: Dirty Fighter, Warrior of Old
--------------------------
Spells Memorized: 3 cantrips, 2 1st + 1 transmutation
0) Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
1) Grease, Color Spray, Enlarge Person(t)
Mage armor cast by using 1 MP to get 3 hours coverage.

Spellbook: all cantrips, Color Spray, Enlarge Person(t), Mage Armor, Shield, Magic Missile, Burning Hands, Grease
Opposition schools: Enchantment and Necromancy
--------------------------
Possessions: long bow, longsword, backpack, spell book, 2 daggers, clothes, 2 sunrods, bedroll, long coat with reinforced wood shoulder perch for Screech, 2 wooden bowls, scroll case, 10 sheets paper, 3 ink pens, 1 inks, tent, 10 days rations, 5 gp, 6 sp

Familiar: Screech, Hawk, AC 16, Int 6, HP 4, walk 10', fly 60' average


Awesome! Ok, I'll get something set up on google docs so we can visually see. First combat scenario. Wide open, even terrain, with 2 kobolds and 4 zombies.


And here's the link to google docs spreadsheet. Feel free to align yourselves in a marching order.

Here's the link


Hm. If it wasn't wide open I might be sneaking ahead of the group, but since it is I guess I'll probably be in the middle? Behind the super melee types and ahead of the wizard.


Don't worry, this first scenario is super run of the mill. Based on how this goes I will set up varied terrains and give some lead up to the actual combat to allow surprise rounds.

Everyone roll initiative

Osirion

OOC:
Well, a take 10 perception would have Elyza noticing them at a range of about 180'. Rolling in case you want to use that instead. 3 or better on Kn Religion, she would know the front line is zombies. Same using Kn Local for the kobolds. Edit: Wow. She doesn't know what the little creatures are in back.
This mage is hot headed and not one to stay in the back of the pack.
PS. Spent 1 more gp to get 20 arrows.
Init:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12, Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22, Kn Religion1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15, Kn Local1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


OOC:
Wait, what? I used preview to make sure I was getting the rolling right, and it kept the same init roll for the final version, even after I added in the two skills upon seeing Elyza's post. Couldn't that be super abusable?


It can be but we're going to trust that it's not being abused :)


GM:

Zombie Perception 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Kobold Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Zombie Init 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
Kobold Init 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Kobold Stealth 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Sorry sneaky people...natural 20 for the kobolds on perception :/

***EDIT***
It is early evening, the sun is mostly set and shadows abound in the wide valley. As you walk along, you see four figures swaying slightly back and forth. Behind the four figures you see two other, slightly smaller figures skittering around. As you come closer you hear, "Get them!".

I'll also allow untrained knowledge checks on Int based characters, or if you have a convincing enough prayer to your deity. This ain't PFS :)


Init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Edit This is Tom. just a little sleepy i guess


perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Knowledge (religion) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Knowledge: Religion (bard :) ) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Knowledge: Local 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Mari shouts, "Watch out! Its 6 bears!"

Initiative order:

Silas 22
Tom 21
Zombie bears 18
Embok 14
Kobold bears 13
Elyza 12
Mari 12
Chuck 9


Bears?! If only!!! Thanks for the init posting Marigold!


Everything Mari can't identify is a bear. She's not super familiar with the great outdoors :)


HAH! I like it!


Silas charges straight ahead without a word, striking at the creature directly in front of him.

Attack roll (+2 from charge): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

And, since that's unlikely to hit, let's add the Mythic die for a total of 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13. If that hits, damage will be 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8.


13 will hit the zombie.

Silas' attack charge lands a fist directly in the chest of the zombie, but it flinches only slightly at the damage taken. The impact causes much less of a reaction than you would have expected.

Also, I updated the spreadsheet to be editable, I moved your name Silas, everyone else feel free to move their names.


If I know they are undead burst 1d6 ⇒ 6 DC=12

If I don't know they are undead Tom walks up to help Silas and attacks the one infront of Silas 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Thomas you beat me to the punch! Yes you know they are undead and you know that blunt force trauma doesn't affect Zombies very well.

Will save 1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Will save 2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Will save 3 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Will save 4 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

The first and last zombie stumble at the radiant burst of positive energy from the cleric. The one that Silas attacked looks like it is almost finished. The middle two zombies pause for a moment and groan loudly.

Silas is attacked by the two closest to him.
Slam Zombie3 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Slam Zombie4 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Damage Zombie3 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Sorry...Confirm crit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Silas, if you decide to use sudden block I'll take the Confirm Crit roll and damage as the reroll. You get to make an attack on that creature as part of your immediate action. Damn...sorry for the rolls.

The first zombie rushes forward towards Embok...
Slam 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

The second zombie rushes forward towards Charles...
Slam 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage Zombie4 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


As a swift action, I'll use a point of mythic power to Surprise Strike the zombie that attacked me. It's flat-footed and I get +1 to my attack roll.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Doubt that hits, so I'll try to stab it normally as well.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Doubt that hits as well! My mythic career is off to a great start.


Both miss, but sooooo close. Are you moving or are you staying put?

Embok slashes out in surprising attack and follows up with an underhand swipe. Both miss when he gets distracted by an eyeball popping in and out of socket on the zombie.


Nah, not moving.


The two kobolds chitter at each other in a strange language,

Draconic:
"Split up, gang up on the dwarf! Heheheheh, pelt him with our stones!"

They split and go to either sides of the zombies, and use their slings to attack with stones on Silas.

Kobold1 Sling 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Kobold2 Sling 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The stone from the second Kobold falls short, not even reaching Silas' foot after rolling on the ground.

The first stone flies true and grazes the Dwarf's ear...
Damage 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Osirion

With a growl, Elyza draws her longsword which bathes it self in flame before she swings at the zombie. To hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 While the action was impressive looking, the zombie didn't even flinch.

Spoiler:
move: draw weapon, swift: mythic arcane strike, flaming weapon property, std strike


Mari will grumble, "Stinkin' surface world with their stinkin' bear infestation!"

Moving forward, she yells out to her companions, "Battle Plan Tiramisu!"

Mythic Rally: Until the start of my next turn, everybody gets one free reroll of a d20

She then reaches out, calling upon Torag's power to heal her companion.

Cure Light Wounds on Silas - 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

But Torag apparently was only listening with half his attention to Mari's impassioned plea.



Charles then next round:

Init:
Silas 22
Tom 21
Zombie bears 18
Embok 14
Kobold bears 13
Elyza 12
Mari 12
Chuck 9


I will use Sudden Block, so I take 6 damage total. Free melee attack in response is 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4. D'oh. (Since this is happening before Marigold's turn I can't take advantage of the reroll.)


Charles swings his greatsword at the zombie who made a very nice bruise on his chest.

Power Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (1, 2) + 10 = 13

Critical miss confirmation roll 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Don't worry about critical misses. If you miss, you miss...you don't stab yourself.


Silas, looking even less amused than usual, takes a step towards Kobold2, and launches a simultaneous kick and headbutt.

5' step (changed on sheet) then flurry of blows.
First: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4. Reroll from Mythic Rally: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Second: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
If anyone else lands a hit on me, I will take the Sudden Block on them. Hit 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6. Fie.


The kick knocks the wind out of the kobold and the headbutt connects with a resounding *crack*...the kobold's eyes roll up into his head and it falls down dead.


Charles I will let you reroll due to Mythic Rally...I forgot about it till Silas made good use.


Charles, thinking that he will miss in midswing, suddenly feels his blade realigning.

Power Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 5) + 10 = 17

Pendin Fust wrote:
Don't worry about critical misses. If you miss, you miss...you don't stab yourself.

Actually, no, unless i take the path trait

EDIT: Oh, you mean, you won't penalize us for missing critically?


Unless it served a purpose for story...no penalizing natural 1's.

Charles' swing, corrected in mid air with a dazzling display of swordsmanship, cuts the zombie in 2 pieces. From patchy skin head to mostly bone crotch.


MAY SARENRAE'S FIRE CLEANSE YOU!

Move 10ft forward and casts burning hands domain spell. Should hit kobold and 2 zombies

Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4

Reflex DC=15


Zombie3 Reflex 1d20 ⇒ 17
Kobold1 Reflex 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The zombie closes to Silas bursts into flame. The zombie takes a few shambling steps, emits a piercing screech, and falls to the ground, burning to ashes.

The other zombie, miraculously, only gets hit by part of the flame, but the kobold isn't so lucky.

The zombie by Embok slams down again.

Slam 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

The zombie by the kobold rushes at the fire-bringer and slams down.

Slam 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Quick request, can everyone put their combat stats in their profiles? Thanks!


Disgusted by the sight of the zombie's eye, Embok does the natural thing - try to stab it.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

"Now that's more like it!"

If it's dead he'll move right two squares, otherwise he'll stay where he is.


Not dead yet I'm afraid...
The poke at the eye slashes across the zombies as it lurches back from the attack. It is hurting...that much is obvious.

We'll say that everyone has concealment from that zombie now, since its eye got poked!

The kobold left sees the others falling and decides to run.

Osirion

Elyza takes another swing to finish off the zombie, 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Rally Reroll 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 but still misses. Since she is not having luck, she steps around the zombie to give Charles a better chance.

Spoiler:
Swift: Mythic Arcane Strike without spending the MP as the flaming property lasts 9 more rounds, Std: attack with sword, miss twice, 5' step: to B2 to provide flank if Charles moves

AC: 12, HP: 9, Saves: Fort: +0 Ref: +2 Will: +2, Longsword +4, d8+5+d6 flaming


Marigold begins orating, "Come now, my friends... SURELY we will not allow these undead abominations to triumph!?" She then moves into a more advantageous position.

Begin Inspire Courage (+1 attack, damage) ; activate another use of mystic rally (1 reroll before my next turn); then move into flanking position for Thomas


Charles then Round 3


Sorry, i didn't see that everyone was waiting on me.
Round 2

With renewed vigor, Charles attacks the other zombie, aiming to repeat his feat from before.

Power Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 1) + 10 = 17

Re-roll 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Maybe we should signify which round we are in at the beginning of the post?


Charles' mighty strike separates the zombie's head from its shoulders. The force of the blow causes the rotten head to burst, showering bits and pieces around.

Last zombie left. Round 3...go!


Round 3

If the zombie is still "alive" when his turn comes, Charles will charge it and attack with the greatsword.

Power Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Damage 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 5) + 10 = 18

51 to 100 of 489 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Older Products / Playtests & Prerelease Discussions / Mythic Adventures Playtest / Adventure Feedback / Mythic playtest right here, anyone? All Messageboards

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.