Some questions from a player new to PFS -
The PFS Guide 4.2 states the following regarding replay:
"All Tier 1 scenarios and Tier 1–2 sanctioned modules are available for unlimited replay with a 1st-level character for credit." And, "No character can ever have two of the same Chronicle—the Chronicle must be applied to a different character each time."
- If I replay a scenario using the same character multiple times, I can RECEIVE the credit (Chronicle sheet) but I must APPLY the second and subsequent sheets to different characters. Is this correct?
Another statement in the guide: "The sanctioned modules can also be played with a 2nd-level character once for credit."
- Does it mean I can play a scenario once for credit with a 1st-level character, and also replay once for credit with a (different) 2nd-level character?
|Patrick Harris @ SD|
1. You can run an infinite number of characters through the First Step series, but each one can only do each scenario once. You can't replay with the same character over and over and then apply the credit elsewhere; you need to use each character. I mean, I guess with first level rebuilds you could do it with the same character over and over, but that would be so boring I imagine you would actually perish of it.
2. Modules != scenarios. You can run an infinite number of 1st level characters through the Level 1 modules, as long as no one character repeats the same module, but you can only do each module once with a 2nd level character. (After you do that, you can continue to run it with other 1st level characters). However, you cannot run 2nd level characters through 1st level scenarios at all.
Edit: Misread questions. I think this is more accurate.
|Martin Weil Venture-Agent aka kinevon|
Actually, Patrick, I think you misread his questions a bit.
1) Each time you play a Tier 1 Scenario or a Tier 1-2 Module, it must be with a different PC. You can play First Steps, Part 1, for example, with John once, George once and kevin once, but you can't play it with Kevin three times and apply the credit to Kevin, John and George.
Note: You can also GM these scenarios for credit any number of times, but each credit must be applied to a different PC, and those PCs cannot also receive credit for playing that same scenario.
2) Modules are not equal to Scenarios. Tier 1 Scenarios cannot be played by 2nd level PCs ever.
Modules, however, can be played with any number of different PCs of 1st level, and once with a 2nd level PC who has not played it previously, nor received GM credit for it.
|Patrick Harris @ SD|
My thanks for the answers.