Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Disney Buys Star Wars


Movies

201 to 234 of 234 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
SuperSlayer wrote:
People people it's a freakin movie. It's not real, and it's not supposed to be real. Jeezzz. It's solely for the purpose of entertainment, and for making money for the movie studio. Lucas claims Star Wars is a fantasy film, not SCI FI. I think people are going a little nuts about this.

It's a discussion board, not a think to yourself board.


.

We all agree Star Wars is over. And Lucas' Cash Out proves it.

.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Irontruth wrote:


The Emperors plans make no sense in anything you just described. If he can see all this future stuff, why doesn't he just grab Princess Leia before she steals the Death Star Plans? If he can orchestrate an entire galactic republic to dance to his whims, I'm pretty sure he can lock up a rebel with the galaxy's most conspicuous hairdo.

Remember, Palpatine is in control of the entire imperial fleet. Who is going to oppose him? The Jedi who are dead now that he's thoroughly purged them?

We don't even know why the emperor dissolved the senate. It's something to do with taking control, but he's already a supreme emperor, so why does he need to do this? And why is this Corellian Corvette in danger when it can just jump into hyperspace and escape like the Falcon does half an hour later in the movie? And why does something called the Empire even have a Senate in the first place?

Also, if Tattoine is such a remote planet that hardly anyone goes to, why is there an imperial garrison on it? And why don't those gunners on Vader's ship just blow up the escape pod? They know that there's no life forms, so it's not like they're risking harming anyone anyway.

Vader sends a few stormtroopers to try and locate these supposedly vital plans. One would expect him to use all their resources to find the plans. Except the only resources they devote are a few squads of idiots and two star destroyers. Either those are the only ships in the galaxy, or all other Star Destroyers are useless.

And the fleet doesn't need to track the plans down, Vader KNOWS where they are. All they needed to do was turn on the galactic equivalent of afterburners and show up. Then they would have kept the Falcon from escaping and, subsequently, the Death Star from blowing up. I'm pretty sure the Empire guy with the weird breathing mask and James Earl Jones voice knows how to use google alerts, I mean they could tell exactly where the escape pod landed.

Seriously, you have to keep contorting into pretzels and rely on explanations that aren't present in the movie. I just keep pointing out things that happen and how they contradict each other violently while ignoring similar contortions of logic that exist in the original trilogy

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Tales Subscriber
princeimrahil wrote:
Irontruth wrote:


The Emperors plans make no sense in anything you just described. If he can see all this future stuff, why doesn't he just grab Princess Leia before she steals the Death Star Plans? If he can orchestrate an entire galactic republic to dance to his whims, I'm pretty sure he can lock up a rebel with the galaxy's most conspicuous hairdo.

Remember, Palpatine is in control of the entire imperial fleet. Who is going to oppose him? The Jedi who are dead now that he's thoroughly purged them?

We don't even know why the emperor dissolved the senate. It's something to do with taking control, but he's already a supreme emperor, so why does he need to do this? And why is this Corellian Corvette in danger when it can just jump into hyperspace and escape like the Falcon does half an hour later in the movie? And why does something called the Empire even have a Senate in the first place?

Also, if Tattoine is such a remote planet that hardly anyone goes to, why is there an imperial garrison on it? And why don't those gunners on Vader's ship just blow up the escape pod? They know that there's no life forms, so it's not like they're risking harming anyone anyway.

Vader sends a few stormtroopers to try and locate these supposedly vital plans. One would expect him to use all their resources to find the plans. Except the only resources they devote are a few squads of idiots and two star destroyers. Either those are the only ships in the galaxy, or all other Star Destroyers are useless.

And the fleet doesn't need to track the plans down, Vader KNOWS where they are. All they needed to do was turn on the galactic equivalent of afterburners and show up. Then they would have kept the Falcon from escaping and, subsequently, the Death Star from blowing up. I'm pretty sure the Empire guy with the weird breathing mask and James

...

Because then there would be no movie.

Osirion

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Grand Magus wrote:

.

We all agree Star Wars is over. And Lucas' Cash Out proves it.

.

Not all.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I think the prequels fell into the trap that many adults who make moves for kids make. You don't have to make a dumb down movie, in order for children to like them.

Compare the prequels to the original three. How many people here grew up when the originals were being made? Did you not like them because you personally couldn't relate to any of the characters because none of them were kids your age?

Kids like movies about adults. That doesn't mean there shouldn't be movies about kids (which surprisingly many adults like) but it is not necessary to have a movie about kids in order to get kids to enjoy it.


PsychoticWarrior wrote:

Annnnd here's where you lose me. Who, exactly, has been saying this here? I think you're projecting a helluva a lot of your own problems on others.

OMG! Internet Psychiatry, FTF!!!

Woah, for a second I thought I hallucinated the whole "Han shot first" thing. How could you possibly benefit by cruelly getting my hopes up that I'm Tyler Durden?

Shadow Lodge

Bah. I'm Tyler Durden.


You can't join Fight Club. You're too........GINGER!!!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

this youtube video will explain it.

Shadow Lodge

Episodes 4-6 absolutely had some pretty terribly written plot devices. To me they weren't as severe and there were less of them. It is also much easier to ignore them or jump through hoops to make them work because I love the characters more. They were more interesting and fun to watch. I wanted to see what happened to them next.

In episodes 1-3 the characters were so dull and annoying it made the poorly written plot devices stand out more. If the characters suck what else was there to do.

I love Natalie Portman, Ewan McGregor, and Liam Neeson...just not in this movie. I know it must have been hard to act while walking around a set that was completely neon green. Especially scenes where you aren't interacting with anyone else.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Grand Magus wrote:

.

We all agree Star Wars is over. And Lucas' Cash Out proves it.

.

Disagree!

STAR WARS has never been more "alive" Since The Empire Strikes Back.

Paizo Employee Digital Products Assistant

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Removed edition war posts. Please do not do this thing. Also, please don't try to get around our profanity filter.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Irontruth wrote:

Also, Sidious is the worst sith ever.

He created an army to fight another army he created. Why didn't he just put both armies together and rule with an iron fist? No one else had an army to stop him, because they had to rely on the army he created.

This really needs to be explained to anybody? Really?

Oh, fine. Palpatine needed to create a crisis to even get into the situation where he could assume complete control over the Republic. Neither of those armies "belonged" to him. The Separatists thought they were legitimately rebelling against the oppressive Republic, the Republic thought they were giving their wise chancellor the necessary instruments to fight against the insurrection.

When Palpatine managed to make himself into the Emperor, via political manipulation and the removal of the Jedi, he cut off the head of the Separatist movement by sending Darth Vader to kill their leaders and so managed to impose order on the galaxy. The End.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I could do without all the links to RedLetterMedias prequel reviews, with the tasteless serial killer jokes.

The prequels were a mixed bag, not the horrible mess people make them out to be. The Phantom Menace actually was pretty good, tow-headed child Anakin and over-the-top Jar-Jar aside. Attack of the Clones was a mess, but Revenge of the Sith again was quite decent. The first half of that film actually was a return to form of what made Star Wars fun. Hell, I liked Haydensens acting there.

And I would be quite upset if the post-ROTJ EU would be chucked out the window. Sure, there is bad stuff in there, too ( everything written by Del Rey after Anakin Solo died ^^ ), but there is Star Wars: Legacy, Anakin Solo and the Thrawn trilogy there, too.


magnuskn wrote:
Irontruth wrote:

Also, Sidious is the worst sith ever.

He created an army to fight another army he created. Why didn't he just put both armies together and rule with an iron fist? No one else had an army to stop him, because they had to rely on the army he created.

This really needs to be explained to anybody? Really?

Oh, fine. Palpatine needed to create a crisis to even get into the situation where he could assume complete control over the Republic. Neither of those armies "belonged" to him. The Separatists thought they were legitimately rebelling against the oppressive Republic, the Republic thought they were giving their wise chancellor the necessary instruments to fight against the insurrection.

When Palpatine managed to make himself into the Emperor, via political manipulation and the removal of the Jedi, he cut off the head of the Separatist movement by sending Darth Vader to kill their leaders and so managed to impose order on the galaxy. The End.

So why was the separatist leader doing everything Palpatine told him and was afraid of the consequences of reporting failure?

And who was controlling the clone army... like issuing it secret orders and receiving complete obedience?


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Irontruth wrote:
So why was the separatist leader doing everything Palpatine told him and was afraid of the consequences of reporting failure?

Because of personal involvement with him? Darth Sidious was the guy who instigated the insurrection against the Republic by manipulating those leaders. But the "faction" itself did not consider itself under the command of Palpatine ( as Darth Sidious ), which is why he could stay behind the scenes.

Irontruth wrote:
And who was controlling the clone army... like issuing it secret orders and receiving complete obedience?

Actually, the clone army was beholden to the Republic and the chancellor, moreso to the chancellor as his powers increased. But Palpatine had to work up his way towards that, at the beginning of his career there were more checks and balances. That was made pretty clear during Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Jedi.


princeimrahil wrote:
Irontruth wrote:


The Emperors plans make no sense in anything you just described. If he can see all this future stuff, why doesn't he just grab Princess Leia before she steals the Death Star Plans? If he can orchestrate an entire galactic republic to dance to his whims, I'm pretty sure he can lock up a rebel with the galaxy's most conspicuous hairdo.

Remember, Palpatine is in control of the entire imperial fleet. Who is going to oppose him? The Jedi who are dead now that he's thoroughly purged them?

We don't even know why the emperor dissolved the senate. It's something to do with taking control, but he's already a supreme emperor, so why does he need to do this? And why is this Corellian Corvette in danger when it can just jump into hyperspace and escape like the Falcon does half an hour later in the movie? And why does something called the Empire even have a Senate in the first place?

Also, if Tattoine is such a remote planet that hardly anyone goes to, why is there an imperial garrison on it? And why don't those gunners on Vader's ship just blow up the escape pod? They know that there's no life forms, so it's not like they're risking harming anyone anyway.

Vader sends a few stormtroopers to try and locate these supposedly vital plans. One would expect him to use all their resources to find the plans. Except the only resources they devote are a few squads of idiots and two star destroyers. Either those are the only ships in the galaxy, or all other Star Destroyers are useless.

And the fleet doesn't need to track the plans down, Vader KNOWS where they are. All they needed to do was turn on the galactic equivalent of afterburners and show up. Then they would have kept the Falcon from escaping and, subsequently, the Death Star from blowing up. I'm pretty sure the Empire guy with the weird breathing mask and James

...

Heeheee!

Hahahaaaa!


Dust off the Millennium Falcon and wake up Chewbacca, Han Solo could be battling the Empire once again!

Following the announcement of the plans for "Star Wars Episode 7" from Disney last week, a report has surfaced claiming that Harrison Ford is game to play Han Solo once again.

PLAY IT NOW: Teen Choice Awards 2012: Josh Hutcherson Excited For ‘Catching Fire’ Cast

"Harrison is open to the idea of doing the movie and he's upbeat about it, all three of them are," an Entertainment Weekly source claimed, referring to the 70-year-old actor, along with his original "Star Wars" co-stars Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher.

Though just two years ago, the actor wasn't exactly singing the praises of the space-smuggler-turned-rebel hero.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Hollywood Living Legend Harrison Ford

"As a character he was not so interesting to me," the actor told ABC News in 2010 when asked about Han Solo.

Adding, "I thought he should have died in the last one to give it some bottom... George didn't think there was any future in dead Han toys."

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/harrison-ford-game-playing-han-solo-star-wars- 154517312.html


magnuskn wrote:
Irontruth wrote:
So why was the separatist leader doing everything Palpatine told him and was afraid of the consequences of reporting failure?

Because of personal involvement with him? Darth Sidious was the guy who instigated the insurrection against the Republic by manipulating those leaders. But the "faction" itself did not consider itself under the command of Palpatine ( as Darth Sidious ), which is why he could stay behind the scenes.

Irontruth wrote:
And who was controlling the clone army... like issuing it secret orders and receiving complete obedience?
Actually, the clone army was beholden to the Republic and the chancellor, moreso to the chancellor as his powers increased. But Palpatine had to work up his way towards that, at the beginning of his career there were more checks and balances. That was made pretty clear during Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Jedi.

Sorry, I forgot... the Separatist leader was count Dooku... someone who directly answered to Darth Sidious, the person who made him into a sith and was his master. So yeah, your argument holds water like a colander.


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Irontruth wrote:
Sorry, I forgot... the Separatist leader was count Dooku... someone who directly answered to Darth Sidious, the person who made him into a sith and was his master. So yeah, your argument holds water like a colander.

That is relevant how as to the actual argument we are having here? Dooku was not the leader of the Separatists in the sense that he commanded all of them, as can be clearly seen at the end of Attack of the Clones, but one of their leaders, who was manipulating them from within.

Did you even see the movies or are you just disingenously argueing to win? Because facts =/= you.


I saw Ep 1 probably a dozen times... it took that long for the magic of it being called Star Wars to wear off. I saw Ep 2 a couple times.

By the time 3 came around, I just didn't care anymore what Lucas had to show me.

But seriously, you haven't shown at all how Sidious/Palpatine wasn't in control. Every time he's talking to the person who is in control of an army, that person is deferential and kow tows to him. He is clearly the superio in the relationship and they are doing his bidding. It's so obvious looking at the dialogue and the body language of the characters involved.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Like the leader of the Geonosians in Attack of the Clones, I guess? It was completely obvious that Dooku had to run a scam on the guy to get him to agree to part with the Deathstar plans.

And our discussion here is not exactly going right, anyway. I am not saying that Sidious/Dooku were not controlling the official leaders of the Separatists, but that they ( at least not Sidious ) were not in control of the actual army. Sidious had to work up to being able to assume total monolithic control over both sides and that was what all the scheming throughout the prequel trilogy was leading up to.

Cheliax

I would like to think everyone has seen this, some of it very well done.

Or this, more simplistic but to the point.

Carry on.


I'm not too heartbroken over this. Star Wars died for me when Yoda turned out to know Chewbaca in the third act of Episode 3. Although I can't see Disney messing Star Wars up...


baron arem heshvaun wrote:

I would like to think everyone has seen this, some of it very well done.

Or this, more simplistic but to the point.

Carry on.

Sith Disney Princesses for the win.


TOZ wrote:
Bah. I'm Tyler Durden.

I'm Brian, and so's my wife!

201 to 234 of 234 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Gamer Life / Movies / Disney Buys Star Wars All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Movies

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.