Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Damptons Delve - Tavern - Magnimar Naos District


Andoran

51 to 100 of 244 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Andoran *

Slumping slightly and giving a hard swallow, Menas follows the massive man in to the basement, not willing to argue himself in to the dreadful chore. The Taldane points out the large Keg sitting in the corner, a set of carefully written instructions, scribed in various languages, are pinned to it's spigot. "You can grab that and haul it up, bit beyond my little arms. However I'll grab the Two-Knights Rum." The young priest hefts with some difficulty a smaller keg and starts the process of dragging it up stairs, trying to stay out of the way of the much larger man.

Andoran *

Violca watches Urai enter with a quiet, appraising gaze. Taking her mug of water she slips back over to the dias, watching him from the corner of her eye as she goes.

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Quietly at first, then growing just loud enough to be ambient, she begins singing the tales of Urai Agmundr, the blood stained legend of the Pathfinder Society.

Perform (Sing): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Grand Lodge

Voilca holds court with another praiseworthy performance and the place goes quiet.

Magnus leans back relaxing against the counter, listening, his spirits lifted with song and drink.

"Ahhh, can't wait until I become a legend myself. My name celebrated by beautiful women, song and hard drink..." he mutters to himself and takes a swig from his tankard.

"The day will come, aye, the day will come, when the trophy of the Ruby Phoenix will belong to Magnus "Fist of the Linnorm..." He finishes off the tankard and slams it on the counter.

Andoran

Cormac O'Bron wrote:
Cormac looks at Gaerath inquisitively, "I saw a cleric once huff some herbs like that for like six hours, and then power seemed to radiate off him like heat wavering off a hot brand!"

Gaerath lights, the giant reafer and after a long inhale, he winks, and passes it towards Cormac with a wink, if he is so inclined.

Violca Grey wrote:
"I will dance for you, if someone will give me music."

Gaerath lifts an eyebrow appraisingly

Violca Grey wrote:
Before long Violca is dancing and spinning with swirl of skirts and a swish of colourful scarves. The bangles on her wrists and ankles chime in perfect time to music.

"By Desna's milky treats, I think I'm in love... again" Gaerath exhales a long plumb of blue smoke.

"Encore, Encore!"

Magnus wrote:
He nudges Gaereth next to him and nods towards the stage. "The monument of Violca." He grips and shakes the map. "Tis right here on the map! Hehehehe.”

"Another goddess born, truly blessed by Desna!"

Menus wrote:
Menas starts handing out beverages over the counter.

"Mine thanks Barkeep, and a toast to Cayden!" he says lifting his mug.

Violca Grey wrote:
"I'll have an Ulseberry Ale, Menas, and in the cleanest mug in the house," she orders giddily. "I'd forgotten how fun it is to do that without dodging halflings with greataxes between steps."

"The wee-folk with Great-Axe's, like I am already tripping!"

Urai Agmundr wrote:
"I am Urai Agmundr and I am told that there is Vjarik here. I will have it and also for any who would drink with me."

Urai Agmundr Chelaxian bodyguard branded with the Thasilonian Wrath-Rune.

"I am Urai Agmundr and I am told that there is Vjarik here. I will have it and also for any who would drink with me."

"Like spirits! Mmmmmm, er, ah, Chelax!?" Raising an eyebrow.

Cormac O'Bron wrote:

"I'll drink with ye lad, on one condition. Y've got to crack a smile! This aura of dread thing is harshing my buzz. I've travelled with hellknights seeking vengeance who were more chipper than you seem to be!"

"I'm in"

Urai Agmundr wrote:
"I will smile if there truly is Vjarik here or if someone will tell me that Sheila has been stupidly spending Pathfinder's lives again."

"Dude, don't get me started on Sheila throwing us to the hells again!"

"A toast, PATHFINDERS!" bellows Gaerath jovially.

Andoran *

Glancing at the rays of sun coming in to the Delve, Menas nods his head approvingly. "Seems like business is going to be good. I have a pal, Ellery - Arwyn - something like that. Hopefully she will be dropping by soon. I have big plans for this little place. The least of which include buying proper punctuation for the outdoor sign - and hiring one of them Linguist to make sure nothing like that happens again." The young barkeep smiles looking at the room around him. "A toast to the Pathfinders - and a Toast to Cayden - May he never fail to inspire. I want to thank everyone for comin' out. Truly it is a lucky man to call a bar his home, and it to be filled with so many wonderful, interesting, and colorful people.

He turns his gaze to Gaerat. "Where abouts you from friend? You've got my curiosity.

Andoran *

Magnus "Fist of the Linnorm" wrote:
"Ahhh, can't wait until I become a legend myself. My name celebrated by beautiful women, song and hard drink..." he mutters to himself and takes a swig from his tankard.

The melodic and soothing tones of Violca's voice continue to boast the exploits of the great Urai Agmundr but she gradually begins broadening her focus to the great Ulfen people. She starts weaving stories of the Linnorm Kings, their tribes, and one known as the Fist of the Linnorm.

She sings of how he proved himself in grand ventures for the Pathfinder Society, returning victorious from battles in the frigid northern realms while lesser men tremble at the slightest chill. She continues to unfurl a tale of his training and combats with the Irorian Monks of Tian Xia, as he woos the blushing Tian maidens. She recounts his bare-fisted victories against the noble Shoati warriors as his deeds become legends throughout all of Golarion.

Violca sings to the room, the men and women seated nearby, but doesn't raise her eyes to the men at the bar until she brings her musical interlude to a close and smiles or perhaps smirks as she takes her bows.

Grand Lodge

Violca continues to sing...Urai Agmundr...the Ulfen people...then the Fist of the Linnorm.

Magnus bristles upon hearing his name. For a moment, he is in own zone, as the world around him goes still. There is only him, the woman singing, her song and the words - Words of his deeds that are yet to come. Deeds that aren’t made into reality yet but words that will spring his mind and heart to action.

Violca concludes the song and the applause and cheers of the crowd snap him out of it. He joins in with a loud roaring “RAAAHHHHHH!”He looks at the rest of the patrons. "That's my wife! She just doesn't know it yet!"

He hollers out to her as she takes a bow.

"My dear Varisian vixen! Your words leave new boots to be filled! Or in the case of the “Fist of the Linnorm” new gloves! Hah! Now I have reason to set sail for the Far East and seek the Shoanti Skull Clan and give the song truth!"

Andoran *

Violca wanders back to the bar, reaches over it and pours herself another glass of wine.

"You'll have to stand in line, Magnus, or perhaps fight to the death. You're not the first to declare he will wed me," she says as she sips her drink, "and I doubt you'll be the last. Besides...

In Varisian:
wives are supposed to dance for only one man and where's the fun in that?
" Violca continues to presumably explain something with a shrug and a smile but it must have been spoken in Varisian based on the appearance of few patrons who chuckle in response. The Varisian fiddler from the corner grins as widely as a goblin.

Andoran

Quote:


"Where abouts you from friend? You've got my curiosity.

"Of my sixteen-something years, I've been through a few of the Orc-lands and of course Absalom. After learning the ways of Desna as a Pathfinder, I've been like all over this world. I've fought Devils, Demons, and the Undead. There's never a dull day.

And like what of you Host Menas? Did you start off in Magnimar, or meander over from Absalom or the like, too?"

Quote:
Turning back towards Violca, after rolling 21=Lingustics, with a chuckle:

"Ah, very cute Violca, and I don't think but one man's enough."

* Venture-Lieutenant, Canada—New Brunswick aka Lyarie

Gaerath wrote:
"Ah, very cute Violca, and I don't think but one man's enough."

"My point exactly, Gaerath.," replies Violca, smiling playfully at the Desnan priest.

Grand Lodge

Magnus perks up upon hearing the words fight to the death.

"Well, sign me up, lass, and I’ll shorten the lines for ye!"

But he is at a lost when she said something in Varisian. His linguistics are of no use as nothing matches the root form of the languages he speaks.

"Well, another language to be learned...*sighs* Making it tough on good ole’ Magnus I see. Good, I like challenges," he quips, as Gaereth speaks to Violca who somewhat gives away the topic.

Quote:
"Ah, very cute Violca, and I don't think but one man's enough."
Quote:
"My point exactly, Gaerath.," replies Violca, smiling playfully at the Desnan priest.

"Tis Perfect! One woman’s not enough for me either! I know of this one retired Ulfen in the Society who has nine wives."

Andoran *

Violca laughs brightly.

"Ah, but I'm not ready to be a wife just yet. I'm sure I have many a year in front of me, and if my life is cut short, then I certainly would rather have spent the little time I have off on grand adventures than raising babies." She tosses her black amber hair and then looks slightly abashed.

"That being said, my own mother and her mother before her married and started popping out the little ones as soon as they were old enough. For that I give them every credit out of respect... And because my Baba could probably whoop my carcas into next week!" Violca exclaims merrily with another laugh and stops in abrupt seriousness and continues with sombre insistance. "No, seriously. I wouldn't be able to sit down for a week, and that's if I was lucky."

Andoran

Quote:

Magnus perks up upon hearing the words fight to the death.

"Well, sign me up, lass, and I’ll shorten the lines for ye!"

Gaerath wrote:
"Ah, very cute Violca, and I don't think but one man's enough."

Magus:"Well, another language to be learned...*sighs* Making it tough on good ole’ Magnus I see. Good, I like challenges," he quips, as Gaereth speaks to Violca who somewhat gives away the topic.

Quote:
"My point exactly, Gaerath.," replies Violca, smiling playfully at the Desnan priest.
"Tis Perfect! One woman’s not enough for me either! I know of this one retired Ulfen in the Society who has nine wives."

"Hah, like, I'm sure ye've flattened many a battle line warrior!" says Gaerath, giving the Ulfan a slap, on the back, and winking at Violca, "More than one women at a time!? Hmmmm, it's got to be in Desnan scripture somewhere!

And as for languages, dude, they're fun to play with. For instance..." says Gaerath, as he pauses to take a long drag from his reafer.
He exhales the funneling plume of smoke while saying in a hi pitched voice: "... Yip yap carrr tsuu,"

Kobold slang of Draconic:
"All us kill now!".
"Roughly translates as 'Let's kill them now!' But (In a deep baritone): 'Yjip yalp carrr tsuu'
Copper-Draconic:
"Bring fresh kill now!".
Is how a Copper Dragon orders his dinner.

So just with a slight change of inflection or slur of a syllable, one can change the meaning of basically the same phrase."

Grand Lodge

Quote:

And as for languages, dude, they're fun to play with. For instance..." says Gaerath, as he pauses to take a long drag from his reafer.

He exhales the funneling plume of smoke while saying in a hi pitched voice: "... Yip yap carrr tsuu,"

"Alas! A tongue my ears can make sense of! Although I never heard of wyrm-speak sound like yapping dogs before (referring to the high pitch). I find tongues and women mysterious and fascinating. Often, best found together. Ho Ho Hahahah!" He roars in laughter and drinks

Speaking of women, he turns his attention back to Violca.

Quote:

"Ah, but I'm not ready to be a wife just yet. I'm sure I have many a year in front of me, and if my life is cut short, then I certainly would rather have spent the little time I have off on grand adventures than raising babies." She tosses her black amber hair and then looks slightly abashed.

"That being said, my own mother and her mother before her married and started popping out the little ones as soon as they were old enough. For that I give them every credit out of respect... And because my Baba could probably whoop my carcas into next week!" Violca exclaims merrily with another laugh and stops in abrupt seriousness and continues with sombre insistance. "No, seriously. I wouldn't be able to sit down for a week, and that's if I was lucky."

"What ye say rings truth, lass. Hmmm..." He falls into a distant look for a moment. His eyes betray the cogs in his mind churning. Then...

"A solution I have! I propose we pretend! Aye! Pretend when Magnus is in Magnimar. You provide him the wild pleasures of your dances. And he will Ragnarok your world with the Linnorm! We can be friends who pretend to be spouses with benefits! Aye!"

He bristles. His eyes widen. Another thought. His head stoops low in a dramatic hush.

"Ye don’t happen to know a dance they call ‘Dance of Kindred Desires’ Do ye?"

* Venture-Lieutenant, Canada—New Brunswick aka Lyarie

Magnus "Fist of the Linnorm" wrote:
"Ye don’t happen to know a dance they call ‘Dance of Kindred Desires’ Do ye?"

Violca gasps and flicks one of her scarves up to cover the lower face in a passable semblance of a viel. "How could you suggest I know such a thing, and in public too!" she cries, sounding for the world like an embarrassed and innocent young woman.

Her eyelashes flutter above the viel, tears brimming in her eyes.

Grand Lodge

Magnus looks around the room to see if anyone noticed or heard.

He stoops his head low in hush tones.

"It's fine, lass. Ye can whisper it in m'ear."

Andoran *

Menas laughs loudly shaking his head. "Violca. Don't tease him so! Ya gotta watch these Varasian girls, Magnus, my friend! You'll find your money purse empty and nothing more than wistful dreams of what could have been to show for it! Pops his neck a bit, as the sun starts to ride high. He nods once again, as he does with great frequency, at the condition of his tavern. His eyes narrow slightly as if going over some calculations.

A courier enters the Tavern and makes his way to the bar, putting a letter in his hands. The Barkeep reads it quickly gets a wide grin on his face.

"Well ladies and gents, looks like I'm off in a few days to the River Kingdoms. Probably won't be back for a few weeks - Violca. You'll man the place in my absence, while you can? Grab Arwyn if things get sticky!"

Andoran *

Viola drops her scarf, her teary-eyed facade replaced with a pout.

"First you say incriminating things about me, then you tell me you're up and leaving without me?" She lifts her chin indignantly. "It'd serve you right if your tavern burnt to the ground!" she exclaims, but her scornful gaze lasts only a moment.

Violca sighs then stands and adeptly ties her hair back with a scarf before moving behind the bar.

"If it weren't for all the times you saved my life..."

Grand Lodge

Quote:
Menas laughs loudly shaking his head. "Violca. Don't tease him so! Ya gotta watch these Varasian girls, Magnus, my friend! You'll find your money purse empty and nothing more than wistful dreams of what could have been to show for it!

"I will take your words to heart friend Menas. It is no wonder everytime me and my brethren come here rich we leave as paupers. But I figure a Varisian woman pathfinder would give me the discount of not pilfering my purses, heh. The Monument of Violca seems safe ta me."

Andoran *

Offers a wide smile and starts counting off on his fingers.
"Dependable, Good in a pinch, Cunning, Inspiring, and a Good Friend? Yes. Almost Trustworthy - more Predictable than Trustworthy. Like a wolf that seems to like you. It's not going to kill you, but don't leave your mutton within it's reach. Oh, Safe does not appear the list anywhere. Seems when ever I got anywhere with the girl I've got something eating me or some such nonsense! I'm a scholar for goodness sake! His grin gets a bit wider as he eyes Violca. He takes a sip from his favorite mug and wiggles his left eyebrow.

Grand Lodge

"Ahhhh, I get it! 'That' kinda of lass! Well, in this city of charlatans, I would rather gamble my trust in a Varisian vixen pathfinder over one who isn't. 'Sides I like dangerous women."

He grins wide as well and glances at Violca. Then back to Menus.

"Well, safe travels where you go. I have all this day and the night before I must leave with the Longaxes. Until then, I can help watch this place and make certain no miscreant takes advantage of fair Violca. Methinks Urai is indisposed. The legend prolly drank the entire keg of Vjarik and knocked his lights out. So I'll be the next Ulfen legend to keep this place safe."

Andoran *

Menas gets a strange expression on his face as one of his eyebrows makes a dash for his hairline. "Friend - I am not due to leave for a few days... and besides... it isn't a sure thing. A courier will come and fetch me in a few days if my services are needed. You guys don't get rid of me that easy!" [b]The Taldane man pours another mug of some Dragonpunch and slides it to Magnus.

Grand Lodge

"Ah tis good then. You can have the bar back and Violca can continue doing what she does best!" He raises the mug and downs the Dragonpunch.

"Ye really can use more Vjarik here. Hmm. And I Magnus have another thought! Ye see, I was gonna get me a ship through the Society soon. With that ship I can go to and fro to my homelands with ease. And with that ship I can bring to the south, Vjarik."

"With more Vjarik ye be attractin' more Northmen and when it comes to drink, we Northmen are loose with our coins. With more Northmen, ye get more coin."

Andoran *

Joshua Smith wrote:
Menas gets a strange expression on his face as one of his eyebrows makes a dash for his hairline. "Friend - I am not due to leave for a few days... and besides... it isn't a sure thing. A courier will come and fetch me in a few days if my services are needed. You guys don't get rid of me that easy!" [b]The Taldane man pours another mug of some Dragonpunch and slides it to Magnus.

"Ugh!" Violca exclaims in frustration. "You make it sound as if you're about throw aside your apron to dash off without so much as a spare pair of drawers and then you blame us for being good and willing friends." She lets down her hair and shakes it loose.

With a jingling of bangles she vaults the bar to perch on a stool. She snatches up her wineglasses and holds it out expectantly.

"One for for 'Almost Trustworthy,' one for 'more Predictable than Trustworthy,' and three for comparing me to a wolf!"

Andoran *

The door swings open and a young man walks in, wearing a wide brimmed hat, light armor. His over coat and clothes are caked with dirt and mud. He carries a bastard sword across his back and a holstered double barrel pistol. Hanging on a leather necklace is a silver holy symbol of Ragathiel, and has a backpack slung over one shoulder. He calls out, "Landlord, brandy and ah good meal, best ya 'ave ifn you please."

He closes the door behind him and moves to the bar grabbing a seat. He slings off his backpack to the ground and begins pulling off his gloves. "Wolf or naught, do keep the music going, I'm ere to relax and eat!"

After removing his gloves and receiving a mug of brandy, he raises and salutes, "To my fellow Pathfinders and brethen Andorans, Good health, happy fortunes, and a safe road!"

He begins to drink the flagon.

Grand Lodge

"Here! Here! And to hard drink and soft company! To the big 'W'! Vjarik and Voilca!" Magnus raises his mug and downs more of his drink.

Andoran

Magnus "Fist of the Linnorm" wrote:

"Ahhhh, I get it! 'That' kinda of lass! Well, in this city of charlatans, I would rather gamble my trust in a Varisian vixen pathfinder over one who isn't. 'Sides I like dangerous women."

He grins wide as well and glances at Violca. Then back to Menus.

"Well, safe travels where you go. I have all this day and the night before I must leave with the Longaxes. Until then, I can help watch this place and make certain no miscreant takes advantage of fair Violca. Methinks Urai is indisposed. The legend prolly drank the entire keg of Vjarik and knocked his lights out. So I'll be the next Ulfen legend to keep this place safe."

A sly smile, and wink at Violca, "Like, do I really look like such a lucky miscreant?

Alas, I must be off I've just got word of some Heresy afoot in the Ancient Osir Lands"

And with and a bow, Gaerath heads for the door,

"And with the Luck of Desna, I'll be back in a week to tell y'all of my adventures" He flips the barkeep a gold piece "I know you don't need it man, but it may be good for the help... And Violca, I'll send you a dream"

"Praise Desna, and Peace"

Andoran

Armont Duvall wrote:


After removing his gloves and receiving a mug of brandy, he raises and salutes, "To my fellow Pathfinders and brethen Andorans, Good health, happy fortunes, and a safe road!"

He begins to drink the flagon.

"Oh, good day, Freedom for all man, see you later"

and Gaerath heads off for adventure.
A large shaggy mut that was waiting outside the bar shuffles up behind him. "Good girl Fluffy" he says with a pat and a treat which Fluffy accepts joyfully.

Andoran *

Armont Duvall wrote:

"Wolf or naught, do keep the music going, I'm ere to relax and eat!"

After removing his gloves and receiving a mug of brandy, he raises and salutes, "To my fellow Pathfinders and brethen Andorans, Good health, happy fortunes, and a safe road!"

"How could I not oblige a fellow Andoran?" Violca murmurs with a smile. She snags a bottle from behind the bar and fills her glass herself, carrying both across the room to the dias that serves as a small stage.

She sips her drink and then sets aside the bottle and glass and begins to sing again. This time she sings in Varisian, a hauntingly beautiful folk song of a traveller's nostalgia for home and hope of returning one day.

Perform (sing)1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Grand Lodge

Magnus applauds and cheers another near flawless performance by Violca.

The tavern slows down to idle chatter, and after a while, Magnus looks over to the songbird.

"Hey Violca! So when we gonna go follow my wayfinder and visit the Battle of Charda? I will need one who is well-versed with the quill to chronicle my discovery."

Andoran *

Menas departs quickly that afternoon, leaving instructions to allow the 'dreaded running tab' for Pathfinder Society members. He gives a fond wave to those in the Tavern as he wishes them all fair travels - as he heads off on an adventure, hopefully to be seen again.

Andoran *

When Armont receives his food he says a small prayer over it. Before he begins to eat he gives a hearty cheer to Violca Grey's performance. When Gaerath and Menas leave to depart, he bows to each in turn and says,

"May Ragathiel's blessing be upon you and your adventures. Good Fortune and safety to you!"

Time passes and he enjoys the delicious meal and drink. Casually listening to the other patrons and enjoying the music. He thinks on the Battle of Charda - wondering if Magnus's find is legitimate or if he was making a pass at Violca......or both, he muses with a smile.

As he is about to ask about this the door opens and a young boy comes in. Dressed in commoners clothes, little more than rags the boy looks around and the room and peers through the smoke. He walks up to Armont's back and leans around his right to look at his face.

"Excuse me sir, are you Armont Duvall?"
"Aye." he replies pushing his empty plate away and turning on the stool to look at the boy.
"I was told to give this to you," he holds out an envelope stamped with a red wax seal.

Armont takes the missive and hands the child four gold.
"Ragathiel bless you, son."

The shocked then joyful look of the child's face becomes a blur as he turns and runs out the door in excitement. Armont opens the letter and reads it to himself. Once done he places more coin on the counter for the food and tip. Pulling on his gloves he stands and folds the letter into the cuff of his glove.

"Well it appears I've been summoned. Thanks for the food an entertainment. Ragathiel go and protect you all."

Armont stands, picks up his backpack, bows and walks to the door.

Andoran *

(Leon Eidas 5'6" Human of Garundian decent, With shoulder length black hair tied in a pony tail, very tanned skin and Ice blue colored eyes.)

As Leon walks around town more or less aimlessly in the Naos District of Magnimar City. He is taken by the sounds coming from a rundown looking establishment. He sees the somewhat disheveled appearance of the place and thinks to himself. "Now this is my kind of place, Bacon." He says to his accompanying Boar named Bacon. He stops in front and see's the precariously perched sign hanging over the door. "The Damptons Delve Tavern. Well it's definitely rustic. Guess we should walk in and see whats up. It's lively in there."

The Boar looks at his master and then at the door. Then back to his master. The look on the Boars face would reflect that it thinks it's master is crazy to go in there.

"Come on Bacon, let's go in. What could possibly go wrong?." The boar once again looks at it master, and shakes it's head side to side. They both enter the tavern, The boar reluctantly follows.

As Leon enters the main room he sees a beautiful woman dancing, as well as two large Ulfen men. He let's a man by that is heading out the door.

plus some other patrons milling about. He looks around and finds an empty table with 2 chairs. He heads towards it and places his backpack on one of the chairs. he leans his longbow against the chair, and then tells bacon to stay. Leon moves over to the bar.

"Excuse me barkeep, Can i get two tankards of brew. If you have anything to eat that would be good too."

Leon waits for the barkeep to acknowledge his order.

Shadow Lodge ***** Venture-Captain, California—San Diego

Urai slams his empty mug of Vjarik down on the table and shouts "All who are here in this bar drink free until the sun rises and I must leave. So say I Urai Agmundr!

Reaching in his pouch he pulls out a large ruby that has obviously been pried from its original setting and tosses it onto the bar for payment.

"Share the tales of your glory, your losses and your triumphs of great success and horrible failure and revel in the fact that you are still here to tell the tale and raise a mug to those who are not.

He grins largely at the room before filling his mug yet again.

Andoran *

"The Great Urai Agmundur buys your drinks tonight so drink them well, friends!" Violca cries as she waltzes across the room to take charge of the bar. She plucks up the ruby from its place on the bar before it gets 'lost' among the mugs of patrons. With a snap of her fingers with a grin and the gem disappears.

With a flourish, Violca pours and deposits two tankards in front of Leon.
"Shall I get your companion a bowl for his, or is one of these for me, love?" She laughs, twirling away before gaining a response. She calls out something in Varisian into the backroom, presumably a food order. As a response, a bowl comes flying out of the back room. Violca catches it and slides it onto the bar beside the tankards.

Grand Lodge

Quote:

Urai slams his empty mug of Vjarik down on the table and shouts "All who are here in this bar drink free until the sun rises and I must leave. So say I Urai Agmundr!

Reaching in his pouch he pulls out a large ruby that has obviously been pried from its original setting and tosses it onto the bar for payment.

"Share the tales of your glory, your losses and your triumphs of great success and horrible failure and revel in the fact that you are still here to tell the tale and raise a mug to those who are not.

He grins largely at the room before filling his mug yet again.

Magnus roars with a loud cheer "YAHHHHHHRR! Drinks on Urai!"

"Stay out of trouble, brother! And we shall cross paths one day. If not I shall see you in Valhalla."

Andoran *

Violca dances back and forth, filling food and drink orders. She pauses breifly to lean on the bar in front of Magnus as she slowly pours him a mug of Vjarik-one does not rush when handling with Vjarik.

"Let's hear a tale of glory from you, sweatheart," Violca implores with a smile.

Grand Lodge

"You wish to hear a tale?” Magnus gasps and looks around. "From me...?

Well, then...Ah...Very well! I shall entertain thy ears and all who would listen with a good tale."

Magnus twirls a moustache, thinking about the time he dueled a Ulfen female barbarian and took her after he won.

He shakes off that inappropriate thought, as his sense of tact catches him (and she'll probably never talk to him again).

"Nay. Not that one. Not for thy virgin ears...” he mutters, thinking out loud.

Continues twirling his moustache rummaging through his memories. His mind churns, thinking of a time where he chased down a goblin and knocked it out cold with a single blow.

“Nay, not that one, either. Not glorious enough.”

His eyes narrow, thinking about his stark childhood living with the mythical Linnorm clan.

“Hmm. That one’s too dark. And ye probably think I’m crazy.”

He sighs. Then his eyes brighten.

"Alright I got one fer ye. I got one. And this one is a true story by and by. So heed close attention."

Magnus stoops his head low in a dramatic hush. And he begins:

“It was a stark morning in Magnimar..."

"The sun barely breaking over the mountains. The 'Fist of the Linnorm,' the last survivor of his elite cadre of Longaxes on a holy quest, lies sprawled out in the street. Most of his men did not survive the night in search for the Holy Monument. Each fallen to the vices of the city and the charms of the Varisian sirens. Their souls torn from them. The gold drained from their purses. Only a husk remains of what once was man."

“The Fist of the Linnorm crawls like salted slug on the cobblestone road. ‘I can’t give up hope. It’s all I have,’ he says. His throat parched. His vision, blurry, fading. Then he sees it. A shrine to the Drunken God. And before it, a Varisian muse, the fairest of her kind. Her hair, nearly black with a tinge of red. Her hands outstretched holding a holy tankard of Vjarik."

"'The Fist of the Linnorm’ drinks the elixir and slowly staggers to his feet with renewed vigor. She says, ‘Who do I serve? What is the secret of the Battle of Charda?’ The Fist of the Linnorm says in return, ‘You my Lady, find the Monument of Violca and one shall know the way.’ Then she says, ‘You are lucky to find me. Have you found the truth of the Monument of Violca?’ He answers, ‘Yes. You, the song, and dance, are one.’

"With that, she takes his hand. His world flashes and it is now night time. Before him, stands a magnificent edifice and behind it, the ramparts of mighty Fort Indros bristling with ballistae and trebuchet."

“Alas, 'The Fist of the Linnorm' kneels in respect. He closes his eyes, as he taps into the primordial weave and draws the primal energies to fuel his fury. He glows with an aura of crimson red. His hands turn into vise of living steel. He calls out ‘With these weapons, I honor thee!’. Then he sees it upon the horizons - the ships of Magnimar’s navy and the ships of the Riddleport Pirates engaged in skirmish. And the vision was gone. But a fragment of his fury remained, an ember, never fading.”

“The Fist of the Linnorm then turns to his muse and says 'I feel mighty fine.' And she says to him, ‘You look mighty fine’ and smiles. Then he says to her ‘If you truly mean what ye say, then will you be my temporary wife in Magnimar.’ Then she says in return, 'I thought you never ask, you sexy beast. Ulfen men are the best.'"

"And so he whisks her off to the Church of the Drunken God where a drunken bartender priest gave a drunken rite of matrimony where one must be drunk to recognize it. Thereafter, his Varisian muse honored him with the Dance of Kindred Desires and he ragnarocked her world with his Linnorm all nite til dawn.”

"And they lived happily ever after...only in Magnimar. Because what happens in Magnimar, stays in Magnimar."

"Oh yea...The End?"

Andoran *

Violca watches Magnus' half-spoken musings with a smile. As the shape of his story begins to take shape, her conceals her mirth, but by the end of the tale she cannot help but laugh aloud.

"A beautifully crafted tale," she chuckles. "A very... optimistically dramatic description of events past and to come. I warm you though, you can't scale the Momument of Violca with less than a day of adoration and flattery. And it will take a lot more than an offer to have primodial trolls overthrow a pantheon for me to get me to wed anyone, not even for a drunken Magnimaran fling."

Violca tops up Magnus' mug of Vjarik and calls out, "Who's next to spin us tale?"

Grand Lodge

Quote:
I warm you though, you can't scale the Momument of Violca with less than a day of adoration and flattery. And it will take a lot more than an offer to have primodial trolls overthrow a pantheon for me to get me to wed anyone, not even for a drunken Magnimaran fling."

"Very well then! Not less than a day, but a full day! And I say to hells with the wedding, let's skip to the drunken fling. I like the way you think, woman, hehehe."

Quote:
Violca tops up Magnus' mug of Vjarik and calls out, "Who's next to spin us tale?"

Magnus graciously raises his mug to her and gulps down the contents.

"Ye know what I want? How about YOU grace us with a tale. In order to scale such a monument, the Fist of the Linnorm wishes to hear a tale of the Monument of Violca so not to scale it blind. A tale of her past. How she lost her innocence and became the minx who stands before him! Now that is a tale the ears of a hot-blooded man desires! Aye?"

Andoran *

Violca Grey wrote:

"The Great Urai Agmundur buys your drinks tonight so drink them well, friends!" Violca cries as she waltzes across the room to take charge of the bar. She plucks up the ruby from its place on the bar before it gets 'lost' among the mugs of patrons. With a snap of her fingers with a grin and the gem disappears.

With a flourish, Violca pours and deposits two tankards in front of Leon.
"Shall I get your companion a bowl for his, or is one of these for me, love?" She laughs, twirling away before gaining a response. She calls out something in Varisian into the backroom, presumably a food order. As a response, a bowl comes flying out of the back room. Violca catches it and slides it onto the bar beside the tankards.

(Leon, grabs a tankard and then takes a big swallow. He looks at Bacon and then back to Violca.) "Well Thank you very much, I would very much like to have a drink with you. But Bacon is the jealous type."

(Leon smiles and laughs.) "A bowl of food and ale for him would be great. But i am sure that the rest of the bar would be unhappy if i was to monopolize your time with a drink. Besides It seems that it's the dancing that everyone, including me wants to see."

(Leon raises his tankard to Urai Agmundur in a thank you gest.)

Grand Lodge

Quote:
"A bowl of food and ale for him would be great. But i am sure that the rest of the bar would be unhappy if i was to monopolize your time with a drink. Besides It seems that it's the dancing that everyone, including me wants to see."

"Hello there, newcomer and razortusk! I'm afraid today, the roles seems to be switched! The fair lady is the bartender and I am the entertainer. I can dance for you!" greets Magnus mildly inebriated by now.

Magnus motions the fiddler to play a tune. He awkwardly shakes his hips. With his wide girth, it might as well be a polar bear with a hula hoop.

He plants a foot on a stool in front of Leon and flashes his thunder thighs and wiggles his ass.

Perform: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Andoran *

"You want to know where I come from, Magnus?" Violca murmurs, arching an eyebrow. "Well let's take a look..." She touches a finger to her chin, pondering a moment before continuing.

"Every story has no fewer perspectives than there are people to observe it, and I shall give you two perspectives.

"I was born and raised a true Varisian. My house a caravan, my family an extended collection of the most interesting people, and my home the whole world. Wherever we went, we earned our bread with song, dance, and unique craftsmenship. We children were a happy, tumultous bunch, forever laughing and running about."

Violca pauses a moment then begins again as if starting a new tale.

"I was spawned and reared a degenerate wanderer. My house was a half-rotten shack on wheels, my family an inbred gaggle of theiving charlatans, and my home any land that couldn't manage to keep the rats out. Wherever we went, the men stole what they could while their mothers, wives, and any daughters old enough were rented to lustful men with low enough standards. My siblings and cousins were cruel as only children can be, chasing, taunting, and beating the weak, the odd, and anyone who stood up for them."

Perform (Storytelling) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Abruptly turning away, Violca pours a few more drinks and shouts a few more orders to the kitchen. She comes back to stand in front of Magnus, a glass of wine in her hand. She takes a slow sip and her tone becomes lighter.

"How am I doing so far? Do you like my tale?" She inquires. One corner of her mouth is turned up in a crooked smile, but her dark eyes are suddenly more piercing than twinkling. "Would you like me to continue?"

Grand Lodge

Quote:
"You want to know where I come from, Magnus?" Violca murmurs, arching an eyebrow.

"Aye. Enlighten me like an Irorian!"

Quote:

"Well let's take a look..." She touches a finger to her chin, pondering a moment before continuing.

"Every story has no fewer perspectives than there are people to observe it, and I shall give you two perspectives.

"I was born and raised a true Varisian. My house a caravan, my family an extended collection of the most interesting people, and my home the whole world. Wherever we went, we earned our bread with song, dance, and unique craftsmenship. We children were a happy, tumultous bunch, forever laughing and running about."

Violca pauses a moment then begins again as if starting a new tale.

"I was spawned and reared a degenerate wanderer. My house was a half-rotten shack on wheels, my family an inbred gaggle of theiving charlatans, and my home any land that couldn't manage to keep the rats out. Wherever we went, the men stole what they could while their mothers, wives, and any daughters old enough were rented to lustful men with low enough standards. My siblings and cousins were cruel as only children can be, chasing, taunting, and beating the weak, the odd, and anyone who stood up for them."

Magnus listens intently as Violca spins her tale.

As she tends to her duties, he furrows his brow and lets it soak in for a bit.

Quote:
"How am I doing so far? Do you like my tale?" She inquires. One corner of her mouth is turned up in a crooked smile, but her dark eyes are suddenly more piercing than twinkling. "Would you like me to continue?"

“Yes! I like it. So your family was inbred and you were whored out? This is getting good! I mean..err...Do continue."

He takes a quick swig out of his mug of Vjarik meeting her gaze with his.

"Anyone ever tell ye, ye make a man hard when ye look at 'em like that?" He catches himself. "Gods damnit, I did it again! Apologies...please, continue."

Andoran *

Menas returns after sometime passes, looking only a tad dejected. "Turns out my services were not needed. But - it is good not to leave the counter! Did I miss anything important?

Grand Lodge

Description: The man sits at 5 ft. 11", with blond hair and sly blue eyes, with a handsome complexion, aside from a an almost-healed cut.He wears scale mail, untarnished, but not magical, and a Steel Shield embossed with the emblem of the Grand Lodge.

A man walks in, and looks at the scene: Two Ulfen men, one a legendary hero, a pretty Varisian women at the bar, a boar and a gunslinger at the same table, and says with an Absalom accent "By Abadar I think I'm home." He sits down at a table and looks at Violca, who is still serving "Pardon, madam, but may I please have a drink?"

Andoran *

Violca steps back, leaning against the shelves behind the bar and deep drink from her glass. She puts on a pout as she turns to talk to the returning bartender.

"Menas, I told two visions of my past, one where I my family were fun and interesting traveling entertainers, and one where my family was a degenerate bunch of inbred flesh-peddlers. Magnus picked the latter as true. He thinks my Baba would have let my Da prostitute me," she laments.

She absently pours an ale for the newcomer, sneaking him a wink while maintaining her demeaner off dejection.

Bluff 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Grand Lodge

"Prostitution." Kyros spits the name off his tongue. "Horrible, yet looking at you now, understandable. I always did like Caidean Cailean. Bit late for me to change now, too set in my ways. But at the same time..." He takes a sip of the ale... "You make amazing ale."

Grand Lodge

He realizes what he just said and starts stammering out an apology before silently returning to his ale, hoping that the real story was the more pleasant one.

Andoran *

Menas grins widely and Violca. "Fear not my dear, anyone who knows your father - knows he had more business sense than that.
Quickly ducking and moving to his position behind the bar, he starts taking orders with a wide grin. Carefully observing various patrons for different levels of intoxication.

51 to 100 of 244 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder Society® / Faction Talk / Andoran / Damptons Delve - Tavern - Magnimar Naos District All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.