Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Brewfest 2012


Pathfinder Society Grand Lodge

1 to 50 of 62 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Andoran **** Venture-Captain, Missouri—Cape Girardeau aka Arnim Thayer

Brewfest is back for 2012!

Located at Buckner's Brewery in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, this annual convention is hosting over 40 tables of Pathfinder Society scenarios of all tiers including the Race for the Rune Carved Key!

Sign up now on Warhorn and join in the fun!

Qadira ***

done....
So we'll be there.

edit: a question (or series of questions I guess)
My wife and I are thinking of signing up for Master of the Fallen Fortress - Do we need brand new PCs for it? or can someone play it with a PC with 2 XP? how about playing it with a 2nd level PC? Thanks!

Osirion **

Master of the Fallen Fortress is a 1st level, no XP character. That's part of the draw since you can have people who have been playing forever and noobs together at the same table and have a blast.

While I would love to join in on the fun, I'm limited on travel with 2 kids under 4 at home. If you can make it, I recommend it.

*****

this will certainly be an interesting convention!!!!!!

Qadira ***

noswald, are you sure? I'm getting kind of ...
Mixed Messages...
on this. Check the link (I started the other thread when someone sent me a PM saying other things).

Taldor ****

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Card Game, Companion Subscriber

Per request from another thread:

Master of the Fallen Fortress was originally limited to the 1st level 0 XP character, as an intro to society play. However, it has changed from its humble beginnings.

Currently, MoFF is simply treated as any other 1st level module, with the exception that since it's a FreeRPG day mod it only offers 1 XP and 1 PP. So, it can be played by any legal 1st or 2nd level character. It maybe replayed as often as one desires with 1st level characters, but only once may you receive credit with a 2nd level character playing through it.

The most recent rules reflecting this are on page 30 of the Guide (v4.2).

Hope this helps, and good gaming. A convention at a Brewery...man wish I could make this one =p.

Osirion **

I must have missed that in the new guide. That will make it a little less deadly for some characters, even though they are still 1st level. Sorry for the misinformation and have fun with it.

Andoran ***** Venture-Lieutenant, California—Fresno aka Sarta

Glad to see Brewfest is back on track. I can't get out there this year, but will try next year.

Qadira ***

noswald wrote:
I must have missed that in the new guide. That will make it a little less deadly for some characters, even though they are still 1st level. Sorry for the misinformation and have fun with it.

Thanks Noswald! I was unsure of how to proceed, and it's always nice to get us all back on the same page. (thinking of all the times I gave out "out of date" info ... still getting those 3.5 rules out of my head!)

Qadira ***

Will Johnson wrote:
Glad to see Brewfest is back on track. I can't get out there this year, but will try next year.

Getting a place to stay is ... tough this year. Plan to drive down and spend the night - but all the local motels are saying full. the ones that don't say full, say "We've got this waiting list, so we'll just put you on it...", shesh...

*****

this should really be a fun con .. looking forward to it

*****

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Thinking about this...

*****

Kyle Baird wrote:
Thinking about this...

do it

do it
do it
do it
do it
do it
do it
do it
do it
do it
do it
do it
do it
do it
do it
do it
do it
do it

peer pressures the heck out of kyle

Grand Lodge ****

Michael VonHasseln wrote:

Brewfest is back for 2012!

Located at Buckner's Brewery in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, this annual convention is hosting over 40 tables of Pathfinder Society scenarios of all tiers including the Race for the Rune Carved Key!

Sign up now on Warhorn and join in the fun!

You should announce these things a little sooner!

*****

I thought there was something up a few months ago .. but I can't find it ... I know I've been planning to go for at least 3 months lol

Qadira ***

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kyle Baird wrote:
Thinking about this...

O.O ....

wow, THE Kyle Baird might attend? I'll have to adjust my gaming sched... How much are those "My PC got Kyle'd" T-shirts anyway?

Qadira ***

Purple Fluffy CatBunnyGnome wrote:
I thought there was something up a few months ago .. but I can't find it ... I know I've been planning to go for at least 3 months lol

but I've played everything you are signed up to run! (pout!)

*****

nosig wrote:
Purple Fluffy CatBunnyGnome wrote:
I thought there was something up a few months ago .. but I can't find it ... I know I've been planning to go for at least 3 months lol
but I've played everything you are signed up to run! (pout!)

Lol .. nothing says you can't replay just for the heck of it

Qadira ***

Purple Fluffy CatBunnyGnome wrote:
nosig wrote:
Purple Fluffy CatBunnyGnome wrote:
I thought there was something up a few months ago .. but I can't find it ... I know I've been planning to go for at least 3 months lol
but I've played everything you are signed up to run! (pout!)
Lol .. nothing says you can't replay just for the heck of it

I would hate to deprive someone of a seat - but I'll keep it in mind. I think you are running Goblin Guild - and I would love to play that again (we got very rushed playing it, and I think the Judge trimmed/rushed some in the middle).

*****

nosig wrote:
Purple Fluffy CatBunnyGnome wrote:
nosig wrote:
Purple Fluffy CatBunnyGnome wrote:
I thought there was something up a few months ago .. but I can't find it ... I know I've been planning to go for at least 3 months lol
but I've played everything you are signed up to run! (pout!)
Lol .. nothing says you can't replay just for the heck of it
I would hate to deprive someone of a seat - but I'll keep it in mind. I think you are running Goblin Guild - and I would love to play that again (we got very rushed playing it, and I think the Judge trimmed/rushed some in the middle).

ayup I am ... not sure what the sign-up looks like .. but I'm sure there would be room ... but I'm not the coordinator and cannot state that for certain sure ... Can certainly figure it out the day of...

****

Purple Fluffy CatBunnyGnome wrote:
nosig wrote:
Purple Fluffy CatBunnyGnome wrote:
nosig wrote:
Purple Fluffy CatBunnyGnome wrote:
I thought there was something up a few months ago .. but I can't find it ... I know I've been planning to go for at least 3 months lol
but I've played everything you are signed up to run! (pout!)
Lol .. nothing says you can't replay just for the heck of it
I would hate to deprive someone of a seat - but I'll keep it in mind. I think you are running Goblin Guild - and I would love to play that again (we got very rushed playing it, and I think the Judge trimmed/rushed some in the middle).
ayup I am ... not sure what the sign-up looks like .. but I'm sure there would be room ... but I'm not the coordinator and cannot state that for certain sure ... Can certainly figure it out the day of...

I played this at the PFCBG's table at Nuke Con and let me just say that [redacted] makes a good present for [redacted].

Spoiler:
alchemist's fire + Ekkie = fun

Andoran *****

Kristen and I will be bringing the Runecarved Key she made for the special on Saturday night.

I accidentally broke 'Sloth' off of it at Little Egypt Wars, but she managed to get it fixed up pretty well.

*****

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Nice. I'll probably know by tomorrow if I'm going or not.

Qadira ***

Kyle Baird wrote:
Nice. I'll probably know by tomorrow if I'm going or not.

PM me if you can't find a place to stay - I know a hunting lodge B&B not to far away...

Qadira ***

This is maybe a silly question (a week before the convention), but would anyone else be interested in playing (or running) a mod across 2 or more slots? Something all day Saturday for example - say Crypt of the Everflame? Or is Murders Mark available yet? or even something higher level like Carrion Hill?

Qadira ***

HA! five more days! (yeah, I don't get there till Saturday - so I miss the first day. Gotta earn the money to pay for the CON!)

Andoran *****

I'd just like to point out that Missouri is pretty far from the East Coast. No hurricanes over this-a-way... :P

*****

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Alrighty ...... LET'S GO BREWFEST

hehehehehehehehe ... just off the last one and ready for the next

Taldor ****

Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

We have the special being run Saturday night.

So Kyle, if you come, you can actually get player credit. We'll try not to kill you, but I hear it was written by a killer GM. :)

*****

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Tim Statler wrote:
I hear it was written by a killer GM. :)

Tim Hitchcock?

Andoran *****

Kyle Baird wrote:
Tim Statler wrote:
I hear it was written by a killer GM. :)
Tim Hitchcock?

Yep. That guy has some kind of reputation for writing killer scenarios. :/

Qadira ***

nosig wrote:
HA! five more days! (yeah, I don't get there till Saturday - so I miss the first day. Gotta earn the money to pay for the CON!)

Four days and counting down.... (three days for a bunch of you lucky people)

Andoran *****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
nosig wrote:
nosig wrote:
HA! five more days! (yeah, I don't get there till Saturday - so I miss the first day. Gotta earn the money to pay for the CON!)
Four days and counting down.... (three days for a bunch of you lucky people)

Dont remind me. I still have prep work to do. ;)

Qadira ***

Seth Gipson wrote:
nosig wrote:
nosig wrote:
HA! five more days! (yeah, I don't get there till Saturday - so I miss the first day. Gotta earn the money to pay for the CON!)
Four days and counting down.... (three days for a bunch of you lucky people)
Dont remind me. I still have prep work to do. ;)

weakling! Come to St. Louis, we only get 5 min. to read the scenario summary as prep work! It grows you STRONG Judge skills! (sarcasm, really. Prep good, it makes a better game...)

Qadira ***

nosig wrote:
nosig wrote:
HA! five more days! (yeah, I don't get there till Saturday - so I miss the first day. Gotta earn the money to pay for the CON!)
Four days and counting down.... (three days for a bunch of you lucky people)

and the countdown continues... three days and counting down.... (two days for a bunch of you lucky people)

(the excitement is building...)

Andoran *****

Re-read all my scenarios
Highlight Frostfur and KotSS
Draw maps for Frostfur and KotSS
Pick out minis
Make sure my characters are up to date, in case any tables fall through

Got plenty of time. ;)

*****

Seth Gipson wrote:

Re-read all my scenarios

Highlight Frostfur and KotSS
Draw maps for Frostfur and KotSS
Pick out minis
Make sure my characters are up to date, in case any tables fall through

Got plenty of time. ;)

Unless you're running frostfur friday night ... or 2nd slot sunday .. i can have maps for you

Grand Lodge ****

nosig wrote:
Seth Gipson wrote:
nosig wrote:
nosig wrote:
HA! five more days! (yeah, I don't get there till Saturday - so I miss the first day. Gotta earn the money to pay for the CON!)
Four days and counting down.... (three days for a bunch of you lucky people)
Dont remind me. I still have prep work to do. ;)
weakling! Come to St. Louis, we only get 5 min. to read the scenario summary as prep work! It grows you STRONG Judge skills! (sarcasm, really. Prep good, it makes a better game...)

Snarky comments on the state of affairs in the St. Louis gaming area are counterproductive in my opinion. This has been hashed out on other threads.

I do agree though that all judges can be helped tremendously by advanced preparation of the scenario they are going to be running, particularly when you have a hard time limit, such as at a convention.

*****

Cire wrote:
nosig wrote:
Seth Gipson wrote:
nosig wrote:
nosig wrote:
HA! five more days! (yeah, I don't get there till Saturday - so I miss the first day. Gotta earn the money to pay for the CON!)
Four days and counting down.... (three days for a bunch of you lucky people)
Dont remind me. I still have prep work to do. ;)
weakling! Come to St. Louis, we only get 5 min. to read the scenario summary as prep work! It grows you STRONG Judge skills! (sarcasm, really. Prep good, it makes a better game...)

Snarky comments on the state of affairs in the St. Louis gaming area are counterproductive in my opinion. This has been hashed out on other threads.

I do agree though that all judges can be helped tremendously by advanced preparation of the scenario they are going to be running, particularly when you have a hard time limit, such as at a convention.

I don't think he was making a snarky comment (since he's one of the STL judges, but moreso joking around about it ... could be wrong .. but that's how I took it :)

Andoran *****

That's what I had read into it, too. I dont think he was being snarky. He might actually have been directly referring to another thread where he had just posted something about it and I mentioned I didnt think I could consistantly GM like that.

Grand Lodge ****

I sit across the aisle from mr. nosig at work. This topic has been discussed much lately and Im probably just too sensitive. I apologize. Carry on.

Grand Lodge ****

Cire wrote:
I sit across the aisle from mr. nosig at work. This topic has been discussed much lately and Im probably just too sensitive. I apologize. Carry on.

If you like I could talk some smack so you could turn your aggression outside of your community. :]

Grand Lodge ****

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Naw. I'm fatigued for 5 rounds from my rage. I'm good. :)

Grand Lodge ****

Cire wrote:
Naw. I'm fatigued for 5 rounds from my rage. I'm good. :)

Heh.

If the people in this thread are the type of people that plan several months ahead... you should plan on this - Con of the North, February 2013.

Qadira ***

nosig wrote:
nosig wrote:
nosig wrote:
HA! five more days! (yeah, I don't get there till Saturday - so I miss the first day. Gotta earn the money to pay for the CON!)
Four days and counting down.... (three days for a bunch of you lucky people)

and the countdown continues... three days and counting down.... (two days for a bunch of you lucky people)

(the excitement is building...)

two days and counting down.... (ONE! day for a bunch of you lucky people)

(wow... I should check this thread more than once a day... other people are posting to it now too! Don't mind Cire, he didn't realize I was just pokeing fun at Seth Gipson)

Taldor ****

Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Less than 24hours to go.
Come on people. Where else can you game in a micro brewery and have your food delivered to the table?

Andoran *****

I could be mistaken, but I dont remember any food being delivered to tables last year. Just them putting it out on the bar and waiting for you to come pick it up. :P

Qadira ***

Well, if you're the Judge, most any of the players will be happy to get it for you. In fact, if you're running the only cleric/healer, that is also likely to be true. YMMV.

Andoran *****

So jealous of all of you. I came back home to Oz after UCon. If I took another week off I could have had beers with you guys this weekend.
Went to a brewery con here at Easter - it was certainly different.
Have fun

Andoran *****

Tim Statler wrote:

Less than 24hours to go.

Come on people. Where else can you game in a micro brewery and have your food delivered to the table?

The Shadowlodge cons in Sydney. The last three (I think, might be only two) have had this. Certainly a change from Origins or Gen Con

1 to 50 of 62 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder Society® / Pathfinder Society Grand Lodge / Brewfest 2012 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.