Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

What is Pathfinder #1


Rise of the Runelords


Okay so this is a total Noob question but I recently bought Rise of the Rune Lords to run a group through (I am new to PF as we well.) In the book it says learn more about Sandpoint in Pathfinder #1. For the life of me I can't figure out what that is on this site? Any help?

Thanks,

Sasha.


speedster_sasha wrote:


Okay so this is a total Noob question but I recently bought Rise of the Rune Lords to run a group through (I am new to PF as we well.) In the book it says learn more about Sandpoint in Pathfinder #1. For the life of me I can't figure out what that is on this site? Any help?

Thanks,

Sasha.

I don't know if this will help clarify, but I believe it can be simplified some for you.

Generally, when a "series of books" resorts to numbers, it would mean there is more than one release, hence the term "series".

Now, with Pathfinder, there are "books" called "Adventure Paths," or for abbreviation terms, APs.

There are obviously multiple APs that each group of players can run/work with, meaning that the Adventure Paths are a series of books with campaigns/scenarios for the players to run/work with.

My best assumption (and I will remind you in saying that it is an assumption, not a correct answer) would be that for the information you could learn more about would be in the first book of the series of Adventure Paths, hence the term "Pathfinder #1".

Hope that helps!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Rise of the Runelords book 1 (of 6) was Pathfinder Adventure Path #1, and it was written for D&D 3.5e. You have a copy of the updated Pathfinder version of Rise of the Runelords in your hands, so it's not referring to the Pathfinder Adventure Path #1, as that would mean it was referring you to buy the older outdated version of itself, which is out of print.

What it is referring to is the new Pathfinder comic book. Issue one just came out last month. The first issue contains some setting information and RPG material as back-matter as I understand.

Cheliax

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion Subscriber
Wolf Munroe wrote:


Rise of the Runelords book 1 (of 6) was Pathfinder Adventure Path #1, and it was written for D&D 3.5e. You have a copy of the updated Pathfinder version of Rise of the Runelords in your hands, so it's not referring to the Pathfinder Adventure Path #1, as that would mean it was referring you to buy the older outdated version of itself, which is out of print.

What it is referring to is the new Pathfinder comic book. Issue one just came out last month. The first issue contains some setting information and RPG material as back-matter as I understand.

As Mr Munroe said the comics has 6 pages about Sandpoint.


Ah okay thank you. Great world, just tons of products to sort through.

Osirion

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Actually, to counter a point above, it is probably referring to the first of the older AP, as it has a comprehensive outline of Sandpoint in the back-matter, which would be reasonably system neutral. The PDF is still available. In general, pathfinder XX would refer to AP volumes.

The comic also has some Sandpoint backmatter, but it is not as comprehensive.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Companion, Pawns, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
sanwah68 wrote:

Actually, to counter a point above, it is probably referring to the first of the older AP, as it has a comprehensive outline of Sandpoint in the back-matter, which would be reasonably system neutral. The PDF is still available. In general, pathfinder XX would refer to AP volumes.

The comic also has some Sandpoint backmatter, but it is not as comprehensive.

The backmatter in AP1 is in the Hardcover.


I believe that Darksol and sanwah are correct. I looked for information on Drow Deitys and was reffered to Pathfinder #15 which was part of the Second Darkness series (Pathfinder 13 - 18).

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
speedster_sasha wrote:


Okay so this is a total Noob question but I recently bought Rise of the Rune Lords to run a group through (I am new to PF as we well.) In the book it says learn more about Sandpoint in Pathfinder #1. For the life of me I can't figure out what that is on this site? Any help? Thanks, Sasha.

I'm going to assume what you bought is the Rise of the Runelord Anniversary edition...

http://paizo.com/products/btpy8tc0?Pathfinder-Adventure-Path-Rise-of-the-Ru nelords-Anniversary-Edition

If so, what you're looking for is in Appendix 2.

It is the same information found in this book where it was original printed...

http://paizo.com/products/btpy7zkr?Pathfinder-1-Rise-of-the-Runelords-Chapt er-1-Burnt-Offerings

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
speedster_sasha wrote:

Okay so this is a total Noob question but I recently bought Rise of the Rune Lords to run a group through (I am new to PF as we well.) In the book it says learn more about Sandpoint in Pathfinder #1. For the life of me I can't figure out what that is on this site? Any help?

Thanks,

Sasha.

Just so I can cross reference, what page is this on?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

The simplest answer.

This is Pathfinder #1: here!

Sczarni

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

can also find out more about sandpoint in the Wikiarticle about it


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

This actually raises a genuine issue of confusion, I think. The recent print of pathfinder #1 was the comic cover but was listed in the paizo.com exclusive section right next to pathfinder #13 (an AP instalment).

It might be prudent for paizo to refer to the comics in a distinguishing way (even if just on this site) since presumably more and more glaring material will begin to appear in the comics and referring people to the correct source easily is going to get more difficult.

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Might be worth noting his in the ask JJ thread.

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder Adventure Path / Rise of the Runelords / What is Pathfinder #1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.