I do: 1d20+10 for 1d8+11+1d6 flanking with feral mutagen and sword now
Next level with my feral mutagen I will be doing:
1d20+8 three attacks at 1d8+12, 1d6+6, 1d6+6 +1d6 (sneak attack) flanking/power attack.
I'm built like a barbarian.
I don't use them at the same time. Have both for DR down the road.
Before we even started the game I was looking at ways to be able to communicate since I did not know roll20 had its own voice system, which seems to be not working so well.
People that play FPS(first person shooters) online normally play in teams, and they talk to each other. From what I was able to find many of them use Ventrillo, but it lags at times. I seen sites use record and compare it with Mumble, and mumble sounded better, and had a better response time, so if everyone is ok with it we can try that. I think it is free so all we would have to do is figure how it works, and it does not take up a lot of resources.
Anyway let me know what you think.
Since we have such a large group, will you be enhancing the CR? Because if we have 8 people fighting an enemy set up for 4-5 I doubt we'll even need the healing our one cleric offers. Remember, in two of the last three games (I can't attest to the first) no player has even taken damage. Conversely, every enemy we've faced up until now has been dispatched in less than four rounds, and it only took that long because half the enemy pack tried to run as soon as we showed up.
You are fighting goblins, and I am playing them to their nature with silly tactics such as using improvised weapons, and grappling people with armored spike on.
One day that shall pass. :)
Vent does use resources, which is why I want to go with mumble.
Skype is one on one as far as I know unless you pay for it.
I think what we need is a way to streamline the combat and exploration elements. Here are some ideas for accomplishing this:
1) Some kind of time limit for actions. Failure to act results in delaying your initative. (If you decide you are ready you go after the current creature that is acting.)
2) If we put all OOC discussions on skype (or whatever) then that should help deal with the wall of text during combat.
3) Use an initative order (without numbers if need be) when not in combat and exploring a map. This way each person takes an action and nobody is wondering what we are all doing.
Hello everyone. I would like to speed the game up, and address other concerns.
1. Anything that you need me to do such as change icons or add new icons for you to use within the game, should be handled before we start playing. I don't check my email that often, but if you shoot me a PM here I will check it, and add the icon days in advance. This is also a good idea in case you shoot me an email and it get sent to the junk folder or you forget to attach the icon, or you me a broken link etc.....
2. I am going to start watching turn time more closely. I am not going to ban summoning spells or classes, but I if you run a class that presents a variety of choices I would like for you to consider your actions in advance. If you are having issues send me a PM. The issue can be technical or gamed related.
3. I would like for everyone to check the discussion thread at least once a day. That allows for everyone to participate on discussions like these.
4. I think Skype seems to be the preferred choice. I would like for everyone to give an opinion though. It is fast enough for real time communication, and we don't have to install mumble if we use skype, nor figure out how mumble works.
5. I would like for everyone to list their roll20.net ID also. Due to the fact that I had other players that dropped out I have a list of players that shows up in my drop down menu when I want to give one of you control of an icon, who are not longer playing. Once I get everyone's roll20 ID I can eliminate the other names. Once I do that I roll20 will generate a new link for the campaign which I will post here.
6. Some of you will getting PM's today, and it is likely you will get the PM before you see this, so if you get a PM, and then see this, don't worry about it.
7. At the moment the campaign tab is broken, at least for me anyway, due to the new upgrades. Gary also said dots may be broken so "no dot" does not mean "no updates".
That is all I have for now.
I am going to call the game tonight, but next week it is back on. The good news is that the game on the 8th is back on.
In the meantime post your login names here, and put in your vote for a voice system. I will actually get a headset if we can reach a consensus since my web cam which doubled as my mic is not cooperating.