Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Sky Metals in Numeria


Pathfinder Campaign Setting General Discussion


With more information on the sky metal released I've got curious, is many of these sky metals found in Numeria? I know Karamoss unlocked how to make Djezet alloy and used much of it to build Red Redoubt. I know Adamantine is referred to by many as 'Numerian Steel' through out the River Kingdoms and beyond.I can see other sky metals being good resources but would they fit well? Abysium seems to radioactive and has its uses as a poison and for bindings as it weakens those who hold or are exposed to it.

Is there any more ideas how to place the other sky metals into Numeria?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Numeria is in fact the place where the seven sky metals are the most common these days in the Inner Sea region.


James Jacobs wrote:
Numeria is in fact the place where the seven sky metals are the most common these days in the Inner Sea region.

Interesting, but I know Admantine is leaked outside of Numeria and Djezet is found in Red Redoubt but are the other star metal coveted among the Technic League? I could see them using the Abysium as a power source for some unholy mechanical horror or binding those rogue members of the League to weaken them and keep hem alive long enough for a experiment or two. I could see technic league captains running around with Siccatite weapons and Noqual armor.

Andoran

Out of curiosity, where is the information about skymetals found?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting Subscriber
EATERoftheDEAD wrote:
Out of curiosity, where is the information about skymetals found?

There is an article on all 7 sky metals in Pathfinder Adventure Path #61: Shards of Sin.


Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber

Pathfinder AP #61, Shards of Sin. First in the Shattered Star AP.
The information is found in the Shattered Star article.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Freedom16 wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Numeria is in fact the place where the seven sky metals are the most common these days in the Inner Sea region.
Interesting, but I know Admantine is leaked outside of Numeria and Djezet is found in Red Redoubt but are the other star metal coveted among the Technic League? I could see them using the Abysium as a power source for some unholy mechanical horror or binding those rogue members of the League to weaken them and keep hem alive long enough for a experiment or two. I could see technic league captains running around with Siccatite weapons and Noqual armor.

All seven skymetals can be found outside of Numeria for sure. It's just that those metals are more common in Numeria than they are elsewhere. The Technic League likely has an interest in all seven types, but they hardly have the market cornered on them.


James Jacobs wrote:
Freedom16 wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Numeria is in fact the place where the seven sky metals are the most common these days in the Inner Sea region.
Interesting, but I know Admantine is leaked outside of Numeria and Djezet is found in Red Redoubt but are the other star metal coveted among the Technic League? I could see them using the Abysium as a power source for some unholy mechanical horror or binding those rogue members of the League to weaken them and keep hem alive long enough for a experiment or two. I could see technic league captains running around with Siccatite weapons and Noqual armor.
All seven skymetals can be found outside of Numeria for sure. It's just that those metals are more common in Numeria than they are elsewhere. The Technic League likely has an interest in all seven types, but they hardly have the market cornered on them.

Interesting enough and thanks for the information James, gives me a idea of how to introduce a Technic League NPC asking to come along into the ruins of Thassilon in the search of sky metals to fix 'something.'

might even tie in Sin Magic as well, the Technic League and those under the Black Sovereign were described as decadent in their ways so the idea of Sin Magic seems like something they would delve into if they learned of it.

Lantern Lodge

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
Freedom16 wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Numeria is in fact the place where the seven sky metals are the most common these days in the Inner Sea region.
Interesting, but I know Admantine is leaked outside of Numeria and Djezet is found in Red Redoubt but are the other star metal coveted among the Technic League? I could see them using the Abysium as a power source for some unholy mechanical horror or binding those rogue members of the League to weaken them and keep hem alive long enough for a experiment or two. I could see technic league captains running around with Siccatite weapons and Noqual armor.

I thought that outside of Numeria Riddleport was pretty much the only place with a forge hot enough for Adamantine

Andoran

Ah, I don't have the funds to track down much for AP stuff but I might be able to snag a friend's copy for a few minutes. I'll gobble up anything Numerian I can get my hands on right now. :D


EATERoftheDEAD wrote:
Ah, I don't have the funds to track down much for AP stuff but I might be able to snag a friend's copy for a few minutes. I'll gobble up anything Numerian I can get my hands on right now. :D

SPOILERS:
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/the-shattering-of-darkmoon-vale/wiki s/skymetals

I found this while wandering the google streams EATERoftheDEAD, give it a look.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Galnörag wrote:
Freedom16 wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Numeria is in fact the place where the seven sky metals are the most common these days in the Inner Sea region.
Interesting, but I know Admantine is leaked outside of Numeria and Djezet is found in Red Redoubt but are the other star metal coveted among the Technic League? I could see them using the Abysium as a power source for some unholy mechanical horror or binding those rogue members of the League to weaken them and keep hem alive long enough for a experiment or two. I could see technic league captains running around with Siccatite weapons and Noqual armor.
I thought that outside of Numeria Riddleport was pretty much the only place with a forge hot enough for Adamantine

That's the only PUBLIC/KNOWN place in Varisia with a forge capable of doing so... Not only are there perhaps others hidden in obscure parts of Varisia, but there's absolutely more forges in the Inner Sea region capable of this. With many of them in Numeria.

Andoran

Freedom16 wrote:
I found this while wandering the google streams EATERoftheDEAD, give it a look.

...and that just got bookmarked.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting Subscriber

Quick sidenote: Karamoss wasn't the one to first make djezet alloy - the Thassilonians beat him to that by millenia. There have certainly been other capable metallurgists that pulled it off as well.


Generic Villain wrote:
Quick sidenote: Karamoss wasn't the one to first make djezet alloy - the Thassilonians beat him to that by millenia. There have certainly been other capable metallurgists that pulled it off as well.

Very true but the biggest testament to the Djezet alloy is Red Redoubt that Karamoss 'built' over night and I've already hinted in my game the Technic League has begun sending agents to Thassilonian ruins as well as to Shory cities in search of star metals they do not have or understand hoping those ancient ruins will hold the secrets to using the star metals to their fullest as well as Sin Magic bleeding into the study of the Technic League as well, decadence is next to godliness or so the Black Sovereign runs his court and the idea of Sin Magic was appealing for such a society. I also remember the process of making Djezet alloy is a taxing and expensive process in which you need high heat to get the right blend.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
That's the only PUBLIC/KNOWN place in Varisia with a forge capable of doing so... Not only are there perhaps others hidden in obscure parts of Varisia, but there's absolutely more forges in the Inner Sea region capable of this. With many of them in Numeria.

Ha! Numerians don't need forges!

(That's what lasers are for. :))


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Less desirable sky metals may be out there as well.

Paizo Employee Managing Editor

Damon Griffin wrote:
Less desirable sky metals may be out there as well.

I was wondering how long until someone linked that comic. :)


Damon Griffin wrote:
Less desirable sky metals may be out there as well.

Is it bad that I saw that then automatically began brewing more sky metals in a similar manner? Gonna toss the blue glowing mace at my cleric, he's afraid of the dark and loves science maybe he'll discover the cure for cancer! Or die by it! :D


Why are the metals from those links undesirable: make a crossbow bolt with the brittle metal as a head and then fill it with contact poison, or a barbed needle of that cancer causing metal that will eventually kill those hit. Comeon guys, we're gamers, we can make anything deadly.

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder Campaign Setting / General Discussion / Sky Metals in Numeria All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.