Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Sources of Sneak Attack?


Advice


I'm having to tweak a PFS character due to the recent mothballing of the Alchemist (Vivisectionist) archtype.

And apparently my google-fu is weak.

What are the classes that grant Sneak Attack?

I know of:
Rogue or Ninja
Alchemist (Vivisectionist)
Bard (Sandman)
Arcane Trickster PrC -
not what I'm looking for, as the build is on a Fighter chassis

Surely there's something else?

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

ZenithTN wrote:

I'm having to tweak a PFS character due to the recent mothballing of the Alchemist (Vivisectionist) archtype.

And apparently my google-fu is weak.

What are the classes that grant Sneak Attack?

I know of:
Rogue or Ninja
Alchemist (Vivisectionist)
Bard (Sandman)
Arcane Trickster PrC -
not what I'm looking for, as the build is on a Fighter chassis

Surely there's something else?

Assassin PrC (from core rulebook)

Red Mantis Assassin PrC (from Inner Sea World Guide, not PFS legal)
Low Templare PrC (from Inner Sea World Guide, PFS legal)
Master Spy PrC (from the Advanced Players Guide, PFS legal)
Lion Blade PrC (from Taldor, Echoes of Glory, PFS legal)
Shackles Pirate PrC (from Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting, PFS legal)
Inner Sea Pirate PrC (from Pirates of the Inner Sea)
Aspis Agent PrC (from Paths of Prestige, definitely not PFS legal)
Bellflower Tiller PrC (from PoP, PFS legal)
Daggermark Poisoner PrC (from PoP, not PFS legal)
Gray Gardener PrC (from PoP, not PFS legal)
Sleepless Detective PrC (from PoP, PFS legal)


ZenithTN wrote:

I'm having to tweak a PFS character due to the recent mothballing of the Alchemist (Vivisectionist) archtype.

And apparently my google-fu is weak.

What are the classes that grant Sneak Attack?

I know of:
Rogue or Ninja
Alchemist (Vivisectionist)
Bard (Sandman)
Arcane Trickster PrC -
not what I'm looking for, as the build is on a Fighter chassis

Surely there's something else?

Was sneak attack the main reason for the character? If not then you can build behind one of the other concepts for your character.


Thanks Cartmanbeck.
@Wraithstrike - Sneak attack is a secondary schtick. He was to be a Halfling Fighter 9/Alchemist 3. Bombs didn't interest me, but self-buffing did. I am not interested in Use Magic Device as it is non-reliable and a money-sink buffing. I'm not particularly interested in being a Rogue or Ninja either.

You might add that Assassin is not PFS legal either, as it requires an evil alignment.

I don't own paths of prestige.

Low Templar wouldn't be completely wretched, but that feat & skill tax (Mounted Combat & Ride, respectively) might be pricy.


Fighter/Bard might work.
Inquisitors are also good self buffers. Many of their spells and abilities are swift actions.

If self-buffing is the main goal then I would go inquisitor.

Going with a ranger that uses the guide archetype might also work.


@Wraithstrike - Unfortunately neither my characters Charisma or Wisdom is up to snuff for Bard, Inquisitor or (less so) Ranger. I'll just have to sleep on this awhile. He's only 2nd level, so I may just trash him.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

ZenithTN wrote:

Thanks Cartmanbeck.

@Wraithstrike - Sneak attack is a secondary schtick. He was to be a Halfling Fighter 9/Alchemist 3. Bombs didn't interest me, but self-buffing did. I am not interested in Use Magic Device as it is non-reliable and a money-sink buffing. I'm not particularly interested in being a Rogue or Ninja either.

You might add that Assassin is not PFS legal either, as it requires an evil alignment.

I don't own paths of prestige.

Low Templar wouldn't be completely wretched, but that feat & skill tax (Mounted Combat & Ride, respectively) might be pricy.

We'll have the info from Paths of Prestige up on the d20pfsrd in about a week and a half. (Two week waiting period after release)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

The is a Team work feat that give you 1D6 precision damage that stacks with sneak attack.


voska66 wrote:
The is a Team work feat that give you 1D6 precision damage that stacks with sneak attack.

True, and while it should be included for completeness, but methinks it's pretty much a dog with fleas for PFS. One doesn't often sit at a table and find a partner who also has the teamwork feat.

@cartmanbeck - Thanks for the info. I love your work.

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder RPG / Advice / Sources of Sneak Attack? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.