Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Let's trade races!!! (Post Gen Con 2012)


Pathfinder Society® General Discussion

51 to 100 of 100 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
**

Matthew Morris wrote:
Thefurmonger wrote:
Ok Got one of my Oreads (or will soon)
"I got a rock." - Charlie Brown.

lol!

Shadow Lodge ** Venture-Lieutenant, California—Silicon Valley aka JohnF

Eric Clingenpeel wrote:
Hey, FurMonger, my wife and I are also going to be making paired Kitsune, if you're coming to U-Con or M-Dog, we'll have to try and get in a game together. :)

That's why we're looking for a Kitsune - I've got one, and my wife wants one for a paired character. We've each got a Nagaji, but aren't so tempted by them. Still, it's less than two weeks to Pacificon, so maybe we'll get something interesting there (I believe I'm GMing enough tables to be eligible for a GM boon, which might give me a better chance)

Qadira ***** RPG Superstar 2010 Top 16

Of course, a Nagaji / Kitsune couple would be different.

Silver Crusade **

JohnF wrote:
Eric Clingenpeel wrote:
Hey, FurMonger, my wife and I are also going to be making paired Kitsune, if you're coming to U-Con or M-Dog, we'll have to try and get in a game together. :)
That's why we're looking for a Kitsune - I've got one, and my wife wants one for a paired character. We've each got a Nagaji, but aren't so tempted by them. Still, it's less than two weeks to Pacificon, so maybe we'll get something interesting there (I believe I'm GMing enough tables to be eligible for a GM boon, which might give me a better chance)

If I earn a kitsune boon at Pacificon, its all yours.

Silver Crusade *** Venture-Lieutenant, California—Silicon Valley aka Wendy-Ann

Alexander_Damocles wrote:
JohnF wrote:
Eric Clingenpeel wrote:
Hey, FurMonger, my wife and I are also going to be making paired Kitsune, if you're coming to U-Con or M-Dog, we'll have to try and get in a game together. :)
That's why we're looking for a Kitsune - I've got one, and my wife wants one for a paired character. We've each got a Nagaji, but aren't so tempted by them. Still, it's less than two weeks to Pacificon, so maybe we'll get something interesting there (I believe I'm GMing enough tables to be eligible for a GM boon, which might give me a better chance)
If I earn a kitsune boon at Pacificon, its all yours.

Alexander I wuvves you!!!!!!! So what sort of cookies do you like????

OK, so I've just outed myself and connected my name to that JohnF character, but for a Kitsune boon it's a price worth paying!! See you at Pacificon

Andoran ****

I kind of want Nagagi, but all I have for trade is a treasure map....

Silver Crusade **

Wendy-Ann wrote:
Alexander_Damocles wrote:
JohnF wrote:
Eric Clingenpeel wrote:
Hey, FurMonger, my wife and I are also going to be making paired Kitsune, if you're coming to U-Con or M-Dog, we'll have to try and get in a game together. :)
That's why we're looking for a Kitsune - I've got one, and my wife wants one for a paired character. We've each got a Nagaji, but aren't so tempted by them. Still, it's less than two weeks to Pacificon, so maybe we'll get something interesting there (I believe I'm GMing enough tables to be eligible for a GM boon, which might give me a better chance)
If I earn a kitsune boon at Pacificon, its all yours.

Alexander I wuvves you!!!!!!! So what sort of cookies do you like????

OK, so I've just outed myself and connected my name to that JohnF character, but for a Kitsune boon it's a price worth paying!! See you at Pacificon

Free cookies are the best! I gave away my last kitsune boon (Kept the Nagaji boon tho!), and I have no problem giving away one if I earn one.

Shadow Lodge ** Venture-Lieutenant, California—Silicon Valley aka JohnF

Chris Mortika wrote:
Of course, a Nagaji / Kitsune couple would be different.

I have an irrational dislike of lizardfolk et al. ever since one of my characters made a cliched initial appearance as the soon-to-be sacrifice on an altar surrounded by lizardmen. While maybe it wasn't quite so much of a cliche thirty or so years ago, I'm still not all that fond of them.

In any case, I've already got the miniature to use. It's been lying around in my odds-and-ends pile for twenty years now - it's time for it to get some use. (I've also got the almost-identical fully human figure, but that's not painted yet).

Shadow Lodge * Contributor, RPG Superstar 2010 Top 8

I have: An Ifrit

I want: A Sylph

Shadow Lodge ** Venture-Lieutenant, California—Silicon Valley aka JohnF

Altus Lucrim wrote:
I kind of want Nagagi, but all I have for trade is a treasure map....

If we acquire a Kitsune (or another Nagaji) we'll pass a Nagaji on to you.

Andoran ****

I'd appreciate it, race boons are cool but I only left gencon with one, and it is totally not for trade.

Andoran **

JohnF wrote:
Chris Mortika wrote:
Of course, a Nagaji / Kitsune couple would be different.

I have an irrational dislike of lizardfolk et al. ever since one of my characters made a cliched initial appearance as the soon-to-be sacrifice on an altar surrounded by lizardmen. While maybe it wasn't quite so much of a cliche thirty or so years ago, I'm still not all that fond of them.

In any case, I've already got the miniature to use. It's been lying around in my odds-and-ends pile for twenty years now - it's time for it to get some use. (I've also got the almost-identical fully human figure, but that's not painted yet).

We nagaji are not lizssardfolk. We're sssnakefolk. That'sss why we all draw out our "Sss" sssoundsss when ssspeaking.

Silver Crusade **

Norowareta Nagagorjo wrote:
JohnF wrote:
Chris Mortika wrote:
Of course, a Nagaji / Kitsune couple would be different.

I have an irrational dislike of lizardfolk et al. ever since one of my characters made a cliched initial appearance as the soon-to-be sacrifice on an altar surrounded by lizardmen. While maybe it wasn't quite so much of a cliche thirty or so years ago, I'm still not all that fond of them.

In any case, I've already got the miniature to use. It's been lying around in my odds-and-ends pile for twenty years now - it's time for it to get some use. (I've also got the almost-identical fully human figure, but that's not painted yet).

We nagaji are not lizssardfolk. We're sssnakefolk. That'sss why we all draw out our "Sss" sssoundsss when ssspeaking.

I sssstand by thissssss ssstatement.

Shadow Lodge ****

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

As a geologist, I'd love to find a way to obtain an Oread, but I have nothing to trade unfortunately.

That being said, if you find yourself in need of geological advice...I work cheap? :P

Osirion ***** Venture-Lieutenant, Australia—Sydney aka Luke_Parry

Thefurmonger wrote:

Sorry Luke,

Sadly a LOT of people beat you to it. all but 1 of them is spoken for, the last one is being saved for an Oread.

Heh. Fair enough :-P

Osirion

Hmm ... well, there certainly seem to be a lot of Kitsune/Hagaji/Wayang boons. Especially for an Ifrit boon.
So ... I'm going to make a rather unusual offer.
I am a freelance illustrator, and I specialize in portraiture and fantasy art.
I would consider doing a character portrait in exchange for a boon. Let me know what boon you've got, and maybe we can talk about what kind of sketch you'd like to have done of your favorite character.
Take a look at My simple gallery of sketches and be sure to look at the "Gaming Sketches" folder for some further examples, including portraiture that was included in Wayfinder #7 that was released just last month at PaizoCon.

Feel free to look around and let me know what you think, whether or not you have a boon to trade. I also do commissions, but, that can be discussed off-thread, in PM!

Good Gaming!!

Cheliax ****

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Maps, Modules Subscriber

I Have: about 8 of the kitsune/wayangs/nagaji boon.
I want: Any two of the boons other than the racials, for one of the GM boon, or one for one on non-open-by-4.2 racials.

Cheliax

Thefurmonger wrote:

Hey Cardboard Dragon.

Send me a PM with your mailing info.

you are welcome to a Kitsune.

Done.

many thanks @ Thefurmonger


Cardboard Dragon wrote:
Thefurmonger wrote:

Hey Cardboard Dragon.

Send me a PM with your mailing info.

you are welcome to a Kitsune.

Done.

many thanks @ Thefurmonger

Not a problem at all.

Have fun playing it.

Also still have one more to trade for an Ifrit or an Oread :)

Shadow Lodge ***** Venture-Captain, Michigan—Alma

Thefurmonger wrote:
Also still have one more to trade for an Ifrit or an Oread :)

If I had either of those I'd send it your way, FM. All I have is the GM boon and a Kitsune boon that my wife and are I are planning on using together. (To get in the mood we watched Disney's Robin Hood last night. :D)


lol, nice.

I am thinking of useing the Kitsune at this point as the 2 oreads are not looking good.

So we may be rocking a Fey sorcerer and a ninja.

Shadow Lodge ** Venture-Lieutenant, California—Silicon Valley aka JohnF

Eric Clingenpeel wrote:
All I have is the GM boon and a Kitsune boon that my wife and are I are planning on using together. (To get in the mood we watched Disney's Robin Hood last night. :D)

Don't think I haven't been tempted by the idea of a Kitsune ranger with a bear animal companion ...

Shadow Lodge ***** Venture-Captain, Michigan—Alma

Kitsune Cavalier beast rider with bear mount?

Cheliax *

Eric Clingenpeel wrote:
Kitsune Cavalier beast rider with bear mount?

Fox is riding bear?! HOW CAN THIS BE?

**

Sounds like an episode of Grimm.
Second season of which just started online!

Cheliax **

Lessee...

I have:
Oread
Nagaji/Wayang/Kitsune (yay for GM boons. You pick which one you want)

I want:
Well, not super-picky here, but...Ifrit, or Sylph maybe? I want a Fetchling desperately, but since those are tied to the 12+ characters rather than a boon on their own, I'll just have to suffer.

Silver Crusade ****

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I have: (1) Kitsune/Nagaji/Wayang

I want: (10) additional sessions run by a GM from the date of the deal, and not sand bagged ones. 4 hour scenarios (we be goblins) will only count for 1 in my book.

Shadow Lodge ****

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Daniel Luckett wrote:

I have: (1) Kitsune/Nagaji/Wayang

I want: (10) additional sessions run by a GM from the date of the deal, and not sand bagged ones. 4 hour scenarios (we be goblins) will only count for 1 in my book.

If you're willing to make the drive to the GM in question, I'm your huckleberry :P

Silver Crusade ****

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CanisDirus wrote:
Daniel Luckett wrote:

I have: (1) Kitsune/Nagaji/Wayang

I want: (10) additional sessions run by a GM from the date of the deal, and not sand bagged ones. 4 hour scenarios (we be goblins) will only count for 1 in my book.

If you're willing to make the drive to the GM in question, I'm your huckleberry :P

Actually, let me rescind that offer...for now. I just realized I could use it as bait locally.

*runs off to bait my locals into action*

Qadira ***** RPG Superstar 2010 Top 16

Alexandra, check your mail.

Taldor *****

Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
W. Kristoph Nolen wrote:

Well ... let's see if this might work. I'm not certain what I want, but, I'm only passingly familiar with what all the race boons are, so ... I'm interested in the Ifrit that I have, but, it's not really strikin' me for RP stuff.

I have:
Ifrit

I want
Something cool to RP.

I have

Nagaji

I want
Ifrit

Osirion ****

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

I still have 2 kitsune/wayangs/nagaji boons and I'm still looking for either an ifrit or a sylph boon. PM me. Thanks.

*

How that we have our full boon list from gencon, does anyone still want to trade?

Boon list:

Here are a list of boons.
#1 - Favored Monument: +2 Knowledge(Magnimar History) and one of twelve other small bonus.
#2 - Translator: choose 3 languages from the inner sea guide or pg.101 out of the Core rulebook. follows all the rules for follower vanities on pg.60-61 of the Society Field Guide.
#3 - Cinderlands Survivor: You gain the permanent benefits of the endure elements spell but only in hot conditions and only temperature up to 110 degrees F and below; you gain no bonuses in extreme cold. This is an extraordinary ability. In addition, you gain +1 bonus on all saving throws against fire spells and effects and against any other effects related to heat.
#4 - Expedition Manager: In addition to your more dangerous duties as a Pathfinder, you also have undertaken an archaeological expedition at a minor site. Your venture-captain expects you to fund the expedition yourself, but so long as you report on your findings, you may keeo any physical goods uncovered for yourself. When rolling you day job check at the end of a scenario, you may spend between 2 and 6 prestige points to pay for supplies, expenses, and personnel. The next time you roll a day job check, the expedition returns with research and relics dependant upon how many prestige points you spent.
You can acquire any single item of the listed price or less at no cost. An item acquired in this way is worth 0 gp and cannot be sold. In addition, your archaelogical findings may contain clues about historical events, arcane enigmas, or other mysteries. As a free action, you gain a bonus on a knowledge (arcana, history, planes, or religion) check equal to the number of prestige points that you spent. When you use the skill bonus, cross this boon off of your chronicle sheet.
2PP: the item acquired costs 1000gp or less
4pp: the item acquired costs 2000gp or less
6pp: the item acquired costs 3500gp or less
#5 - Missing Mentor: after completing five DC 15 Knowledge (Local) or Diplomacy checks in a settlement of 1,000 people or more (only one attempt per scenario), select one of "+1 bonus to Will saves vs. fear and the DC to Intimidate you increases by 3", "+2 bonus to stabilize when dying", or "+2 bonus to CMD against the bull rush, drag, and reposition maneuvers".
#6 - Prosperity: Thanks to an excellent contract, a newly discovered trade secret, or just the luck of being in the right profession at the right time, your business is booming. You gain a +1 bonus on all Day Job checks. In addition, a DC 45 Day Job check now earns you 200 gp, and a DC 50 Day Job check earns you 300 gp.
#7 - Sinscarred: Choose a school of magic. +1 on saves vs that school and +2 spellcraft
#8 - Sacred Trust: Choose one of seven Shoanti clans and get a bonus
#9 - Vulpine Blooded: Get to play a Kitsune (we got FOUR of these....)
#10 - Naga Blooded: Get to play a Nagaji
#11 - Shade Blooded: Get to play a Wayang
#12 - Extra trait: Gain an extra trait of a type you do not already have.
#13 - Shoanti Quah-Friend: You gain a +1 bonus on attack rolls against creatures of the giant subtype and either become specialized in Survival or learn the Shoanti language for free. Cross through the option you do not choose.
#14 - Varisian Caravaner: You gain a +1 bonus on attacks vs goblinoids. You become specialized in Perform(dance) or learn Varisian as a free language.
#15 - Student of runes: +1 save vs all writing based traps, spells and abilities, also become speced in Linguistics
#16 - Varisian Weapon training: You get one martial weapon prof (from a list) if you already have all martial you get one of 2 exotic profs.
#17 - Treasure Map: You recently inherited or purchased a map that promises buried riches to any adventurer willing to follow its convoluted instructions. When you would roll a Day Job check, you may instead check one of the boxes.* Upon checking the third box, you uncover the hidden cache, earning you a number of gold pieces equal to 150 x your current character level. You may spend 4 PP to acquire another promising map and reuse this boon; if you choose not to do so upon checking the final box on the Chronicle sheet, cross the entire boon of the Chronicle sheet. You may only use one Treasure Map at a time.
#18 - Xenophobic: Attach any number of unused race boons to this one. Those races are treated as favored enemies by this character.

Have
#9 (Vulpine Blooded - Fox race)x2, #10 (Naga Blooded - Snake race), Monastic Combat training (trained in a combat maneuver, no AoO but -2), Tian Ancestry (you're Tian and get an extra Tian trait)

Want
#2 Cinderlands, #4 Expedition manager, #6 Prosperity, #8 Shoanti (need more info), #11 Wayang, #12 Extra Trait, #13 Shoanti, #18 Xenophobic. Dhamphir.


Want: Nagaji

Have: A birthday on October 1st, gratitude... *sigh* and money.

Lantern Lodge

I have
Nagaji

I want
Slyph

Pm me :D

Grand Lodge

I never really get the chance to go to a Con, but I manage to get about 4 PFS tables going per week at my college. I've introduced tons of people to PFS (so help me, I have memorized that first First Steps scenario back and forth... it's a good scenario, but yeesh).

I know this is a trading thread, but I dun really have much to give other than lots of thanks. I'd really like to use all this GMing credit to stat up a Kitsune, just because I think they're awesome, and I'm tired of playing Elves/Humans >.<

(I don't want to violate any rules of PFS either, by the way, but I guess if it helps, I guess I could also trade any one Paizo source book for a Kitsune boon IF that is allowed by the rules. If not, then I won't do it, I guess.)

Cheliax ****

Luke_Parry wrote:

Well, if you are just giving away the Kitsune, I would not say no - it would allow me to play a Kitsune alongside my girlfriend's one :-)

*makes puppy-dog eyes*

(Yes, I realize the preceding line is probably a little over the top ;-) )

You just want pounce ;)

**** Venture-Captain, New Jersey aka Shivok

zean wrote:

I never really get the chance to go to a Con, but I manage to get about 4 PFS tables going per week at my college. I've introduced tons of people to PFS (so help me, I have memorized that first First Steps scenario back and forth... it's a good scenario, but yeesh).

I know this is a trading thread, but I dun really have much to give other than lots of thanks. I'd really like to use all this GMing credit to stat up a Kitsune, just because I think they're awesome, and I'm tired of playing Elves/Humans >.<

(I don't want to violate any rules of PFS either, by the way, but I guess if it helps, I guess I could also trade any one Paizo source book for a Kitsune boon IF that is allowed by the rules. If not, then I won't do it, I guess.)

I'll get you a kitsune boon, I have an extra one. BTW what college/area? I want to confirm all the details. PM me your PFS#

**

Have: Undine
Want: Prosperity

I will not likely get a chance to start a third character anytime soon, but I can use the other one on my master jeweler. :)

Sczarni

ever since i found the PFS at last years dragoncon i've really enjoyed playing. unfortunately i can't get to many cons further away, so getting boons is somewhat difficult. if anyone might have an extra kitsune boon they arent using that would be so awesome. i would try to find some way to pay them back even if it might just be friendship till i could possibally offer them a boon.


Ok, as of thisafternoon all my extra Kitsune boons are gone.

Hope you all enjoy them :)

Osirion ****

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

I've still got two kitsune/nagaji/wayang boons if anyone wants them. I'm looking for either a sylph or an ifrit boon if anyone out there has one. PM me. Thanks.

Silver Crusade

I don't really have many options when it comes to going to cons, so if someone is feeling really awesome I'd love to get a kitsune, sylph or anything I suppose, so I could do something fun and different. I, sadly, don't really have anything to trade for it, but it would amazing and what not if someone had an extra one they don't need or something...

***

Ryan Bolduan wrote:
Xzaral wrote:
Basically take a race boon, and instead of playing the race you get favored enemy bonuses against that race, which stack with favored enemy. The way it reads seems you can do multiple race boons with it as well, but not the same one more than once.

I need me one of those.

DEATH TO ALL TENGU!

Lol I was thinking the exact same thing. Suddenly everyone hates Tengu, Asimar, and teiflings.

Osirion ***** Venture-Lieutenant, Australia—Sydney aka Luke_Parry

_metz_ wrote:
You just want pounce ;)

Eh. Given that you can't take it until level 11 (and that assumes that you have a full BAB class), it is not *that* much of a draw card (although I will admit that it is good, for those last three games).

Mechanically, for 'long-term bang for buck', I think that Nagaji is probably better ;-)

*** RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Mortifier wrote:
Ryan Bolduan wrote:
Xzaral wrote:
Basically take a race boon, and instead of playing the race you get favored enemy bonuses against that race, which stack with favored enemy. The way it reads seems you can do multiple race boons with it as well, but not the same one more than once.

I need me one of those.

DEATH TO ALL TENGU!

Lol I was thinking the exact same thing. Suddenly everyone hates Tengu, Asimar, and teiflings.

I find it fitting, given the agression of some opposed to opening up the races.

Taldor

bdk86 wrote:
Eric Clingenpeel wrote:
Kitsune Cavalier beast rider with bear mount?
Fox is riding bear?! HOW CAN THIS BE?

What would the acrobatics check for a Kitsune Barbarian tumbling over a tired, halfling cavalier's mount be?

Grand Lodge ***

I'm still relatively new to PFS, so I don't have anything to trade, but I was wondering how are these boons are traded/used?

Also, I've love to play a kitsune. :)


as for the how, people just mail them to each other.

when you get the boon it is blank, so it can be traded until you fill in a character # on it.

Grand Lodge ***

Cool. Now I just need to find my way to one of these cons!

51 to 100 of 100 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder Society® / General Discussion / Let's trade races!!! (Post Gen Con 2012) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.