Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DC Shooter


Off-Topic Discussions


I don't like your politics.

Qadira

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well I for one did not post it because I knew it would start a flame war. Which is why I am now hiding this thread.

Andoran

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Guy's a dick. He should be prosecuted as fully as possible under the law. However, it may not have gone massive because no one died. Shootings are too common in the US for each one to get its own thread. There'd be no space for anything else.


Paul Watson wrote:
Guy's a dick. He should be prosecuted as fully as possible under the law. However, it may not have gone massive because no one died. Shootings are too common in the US for each one to get its own thread. There'd be no space for anything else.

True. I have a feeling the security guard saved a lot of people from getting a bullet & a bag of Chick fil a.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Joint statement from LGBT organizations on FRC shooting.

Also Greta Christina, Jen McCreight, Ed Brayton and that's where I stopped looking because I was getting sick of typing the link code.

So, you know, what they said.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Samnell wrote:

Joint statement from LGBT organizations on FRC shooting.

Also Greta Christina, Jen McCreight, Ed Brayton and that's where I stopped looking because I was getting sick of typing the link code.

So, you know, what they said.

Yeah I see what they said. Unfortunately many in the OTD see people who support traditional marriage as hateful.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

No, we see discrimination against same sex couples as discrimination, and have little opinion on traditional marriage beyond the fact that it is, indeed, both traditional and marriage.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Aretas wrote:
Samnell wrote:

Joint statement from LGBT organizations on FRC shooting.

Also Greta Christina, Jen McCreight, Ed Brayton and that's where I stopped looking because I was getting sick of typing the link code.

So, you know, what they said.

Yeah I see what they said. Unfortunately many in the OTD see people who support traditional marriage as hateful.

Seeing something as hateful is worlds apart from "therefore we should go murdering people who do it".


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
Aretas wrote:
Yeah I see what they said. Unfortunately many in the OTD see people who support traditional marriage as hateful.

I personally don't see supporters of "traditional" marriage as hateful. Outdated, out of touch with the history of marriage and grounded in a religious meaning that happens to only apply to their religion and which just happens to also agree with their own personal opinion of LGBT people, yes. Hateful, not necessarily.

Spreading falsehoods and lies about LGBT people, like the Family Research Council does, that's hateful, however.

RPG Superstar 2010 Top 32

Aretas wrote:
Yeah I see what they said. Unfortunately many in the OTD see people who support traditional marriage as hateful.

I know, right? Just today I told my wife, "Dear, this traditional marriage sure sucks a lot. We should ban marriages like this and restrict marriage to the gays."


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Wow, another nut job. They must be breeding or something.


bugleyman wrote:
Wow, another nut job. They must be breeding or something.

Pish, it's coming up on election time, so the media coverage has put all the eggs in an incubator.


Nah the nut jobs are the ones who intimidate others and call them bigots if they hold a different opinion on a "public policy issue".

I've seen my fair share of posters freely and carelessly toss around bigot and hater.

Inciting violence in nutjobs


Aretas wrote:

Nah the nut jobs are the ones who intimidate others and call them bigots if they hold a different opinion on a "public policy issue".

I've seen my fair share of posters freely and carelessly toss around bigot and hater.

Inciting violence in nutjobs

I'd say the nutjobs are the ones who try to hurt people. That includes this guy, but it also includes the gay-bashers. And there are a lot more of them.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Aretas wrote:


Inciting violence in nutjobs

Having watched the entire video, which includes like one reference to violence that's clearly ridiculously tongue-in-cheek (presented in the same tone as "spread this like herpes" and in the context of self-defense at that) by or in defense of gay people and lots of references, which I guess you missed, to actual violence against gay people, I don't know that I believe you actually watched it.

But I shall charitably assume you meant this: "selling shirts to fundraise for suicide prevention" and simply spelled it "inciting violence in nutjobs" for reasons known only to yourself.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
Aretas wrote:

Nah the nut jobs are the ones who intimidate others and call them bigots if they hold a different opinion on a "public policy issue".

I've seen my fair share of posters freely and carelessly toss around bigot and hater.

Inciting violence in nutjobs

Ninja'ed by Samnell.

I don't know where you get the "Inciting violence in nutjobs" from this video?
Or do you think that speaking up for themselves and promoting awareness about a very real and very serious problem is "inciting violence?"

RPG Superstar 2010 Top 32

Aretas wrote:

Nah the nut jobs are the ones who intimidate others and call them bigots if they hold a different opinion on a "public policy issue".

Homophobes are so, so oppressed. Won't someone speak up for the poor homophobes?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Aretas wrote:
Nah the nut jobs are the ones who intimidate others and call them bigots if they hold a different opinion on a "public policy issue".

Nah, I'm pretty sure the nutjobs are the ones killing people.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Aretas wrote:
Nah the nut jobs are the ones who intimidate others and call them bigots if they hold a different opinion on a "public policy issue".

See, and I thought this was going to be an olive branch thread, where you point out how someone attacked a conservative organization this week, we all denounce his actions and call him nasty names, and then laugh about it over a beer.

And then you call the rest of us names for defending civil rights.

Why are you trying to incite a flame war? What that guy did is something we can all agree is wrong.


...I like olives. :)


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Hitdice wrote:
...I like olives. :)

Not me...pick 'em right off pizzas.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
bugleyman wrote:
Hitdice wrote:
...I like olives. :)
Not me...pick 'em right off pizzas.

Well, I have the luxury of not putting them on pizza in the first place :D


mmm, extra anchovies...


Hitdice wrote:
mmm, extra anchovies...

/vomit

Qadira

bugleyman wrote:
Hitdice wrote:
...I like olives. :)
Not me...pick 'em right off pizzas.

I only like the green olives. Does that make me a bigot?


Andrew R wrote:
bugleyman wrote:
Hitdice wrote:
...I like olives. :)
Not me...pick 'em right off pizzas.
I only like the green olives. Does that make me a bigot?

Of course you're not a bigot, cuz I agree with you.

Green olives are simply superior.


meatrace wrote:
Hitdice wrote:
mmm, extra anchovies...
/vomit

So long as everyone's busy vomiting, I might as well finish the pizza, right? Wouldn't want it to go to waste!

Taldor

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
meatrace wrote:
Andrew R wrote:
bugleyman wrote:
Hitdice wrote:
...I like olives. :)
Not me...pick 'em right off pizzas.
I only like the green olives. Does that make me a bigot?

Of course you're not a bigot, cuz I agree with you.

Green olives are simply superior.

Olice supremacists! Next you'll be saying that manzanilla olives should be eliminated to allow picholine olives to have their moment in the sun. Heartless bastards!


Hitdice wrote:
meatrace wrote:
Hitdice wrote:
mmm, extra anchovies...
/vomit
So long as everyone's busy vomiting, I might as well finish the pizza, right? Wouldn't want it to go to waste!

/vomits on the pizza

*scrubs mouth with back of his hand*
Have at it Mr. Bullet.


I'm a kalamata fan myself.
Mmmmm...

Taldor

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Actually, I tried manzanilla olives stuffed with bleu cheese about a year ago ... holy crap those were tasty .. .and it is now a toss up between those and kalamatas any time I get a hankering for olives.


That does sound good. I like bleu cheese a lot as well, above the protests of my friends and family; no one else I know seems to like it.

Uno's Pizzeria (a pizza chain) used to have something they called "Tuscany Bread" which was like a flatbread pizza with kalamatas, feta cheese, tomatoes and basil. It was sooo good. And it was so popular that...they discontinued it :-/


Aretas wrote:

Nah the nut jobs are the ones who intimidate others and call them bigots if they hold a different opinion on a "public policy issue".

I've seen my fair share of posters freely and carelessly toss around bigot and hater.

I'm pretty sure that the label of bigot is not applied to people who just disagree about "policy issues". People are getting called bigots because they are advocating discrimination against a group of people, in this case gay people.

When someone says that someone else is an "abomination" and that their advocating for their rights is "pushing a radical adjgenda", and encourages violence and bullying against them damn streight I'm going to call that person a bigot because they are.

Crying "we only disagree" and "freedom of concience" drives me up the wall because it is, essentially, a lie and you guys know it.

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
zylphryx wrote:
Olive supremacists! Next you'll be saying that manzanilla olives should be eliminated to allow picholine olives to have their moment in the sun. Heartless bastards!

I have this wonderful solution. It involves putting them in ovens.


I'm pretty sure that belongs in a thread about alignment, TOZ. >.>

Andoran

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Alignments are for cars.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
TOZ wrote:
zylphryx wrote:
Olive supremacists! Next you'll be saying that manzanilla olives should be eliminated to allow picholine olives to have their moment in the sun. Heartless bastards!
I have this wonderful solution. It involves putting them in ovens.

Jesus Harold Christ on a bicycle and his brother George!

Did you just manage to sarcastically godwin a thread that had devolved into discussion of olives?!

/bow


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
zylphryx wrote:

Actually, I tried manzanilla olives stuffed with bleu cheese about a year ago ... holy crap those were tasty .. .and it is now a toss up between those and kalamatas any time I get a hankering for olives.

I just tried some microwave blackened chicken & pasta in alfredo sauce that I bought on a whim. I've occasionally had blackened chicken in my alfredo before, but apparently the place where I got it that way was pretty mild with it. Feeling a bit sick now.

I like bland food, dammit.

Shadow Lodge

meatrace wrote:

Jesus Harold Christ on a bicycle and his brother George!

Did you just manage to sarcastically godwin a thread that had devolved into discussion of olives?!

/bow

*dons his tophat and moonwalks out*


Samnell wrote:


I like bland food, dammit.

My general rule of thumb is that if you're not sweating while eating it, it needs more sriracha.


meatrace wrote:
Samnell wrote:


I like bland food, dammit.
My general rule of thumb is that if you're not sweating while eating it, it needs more sriracha.

Some things don't need more sriracha. Like tequila. Trust me on this.


Saint Caleth wrote:
meatrace wrote:
Samnell wrote:


I like bland food, dammit.
My general rule of thumb is that if you're not sweating while eating it, it needs more sriracha.
Some things don't need more sriracha. Like tequila. Trust me on this.

*puts sriracha on his cornflakes*

*washes it down with sriracha-milk*

What were you saying?


meatrace wrote:
Saint Caleth wrote:
meatrace wrote:
Samnell wrote:


I like bland food, dammit.
My general rule of thumb is that if you're not sweating while eating it, it needs more sriracha.
Some things don't need more sriracha. Like tequila. Trust me on this.

*puts sriracha on his cornflakes*

*washes it down with sriracha-milk*

What were you saying?

Mmmm... Vietnamese Cock Sauce...

Yummy.


Interesting wikipedia page that I thought of while reading about the shooting.

EDIT: Upon further reflection, I should say that I am not suggesting that the FRC are the same as the Nazis.

Andoran

FRC President Perkins wrote:
He said, "Wow, this hero business is hard work." So, he did not lose his sense of humor.

They always say they retained their sense of humour . . . but it's only something you'd nervously laugh at like "Hahaha wow you're not dead."

RPG Superstar 2010 Top 32

Comrade Anklebiter wrote:
EDIT: Upon further reflection, I should say that I am not suggesting that the FRC are the same as the Nazis.

I think the real question is: are you comparing the gay rights movement to the KPD? I always suspected Comintern was behind it...


I like both black and green olives.


Olives should be made into oil. It's their perfect state.


A Man In Black wrote:
Comrade Anklebiter wrote:
EDIT: Upon further reflection, I should say that I am not suggesting that the FRC are the same as the Nazis.
I think the real question is: are you comparing the gay rights movement to the KPD? I always suspected Comintern was behind it...

I've never heard that. The wikipedia page had something about some Stalinist leader talking to the lawyer. I don't remember who at the moment.

Actually, I found the page pretty informative. I never realized that the homosexual love angle was invented by the defense attorney.

Less on-topic than I had thought, but, whatevs, still interesting historical shiznit.

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Off-Topic Discussions / DC Shooter All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.