Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Chronicles of Righteousness and Champions of Good just announced


Products

1 to 50 of 59 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

The former (not sure if the name is correct) will cover Angel Lords, while the latter is in the Player's Companion line. Go ahead and guess what'll be in it.

Taldor

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Tales Subscriber

Gawd bless you, Cheapy.


So I wonder what we'll see from Champions? Some new archetypes, feats, traits? Perhaps some PrC's?

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

In before Mikaze geekgasms on the possibility of celestial totems.. ;-)


Oh yeah, forgot about those! ;)


ERMAGERD


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Finally an anouncement from Gencon I actually find interesting.

Cheliax

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Dragon78 wrote:
Finally an anouncement from Gencon I actually find interesting.

Hehe I'm still waiting for that announcement I don't find interesting. :D

But yeah, these books are very high on my want-list.

Qadira

Dragon78 wrote:
Finally an anouncement from Gencon I actually find interesting.

They dovetail nicely with the worldwound AP.

Contributor

Very nice :D

Cheliax

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
brock, no the other one... wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:
Finally an anouncement from Gencon I actually find interesting.
They dovetail nicely with the worldwound AP.

Indeed. And I'll be very surprised if we don't get a Mendev/Worldwound regional sourcebook to add to the Demon Blight Crusade support.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Paul Watson wrote:
In before Mikaze geekgasms on the possibility of celestial totems.. ;-)

My theory is that he saw this thread, and then fainted.


Champions of Good? sounds like maybe a Paladin focused book

Curious on how the Book of Righteousness progresses. Would love to see a book supporting and describing Angels in the same amount of detail as the Book of the Damned does for Devils, Demons, and Daemons.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I would love to get a few more summons for Summon Monster. There are so exceedingly few Good aligned summons to get :(

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Dibs on celestial totems not included due to some weird editing "error". ;-)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I have been sick of demons/devils since 2nd edition so I have little to no interest in the next AP after shattered star.

I have mixed feelings about mythic rules, still would like to wait 2-3 years before everyone starts fighting demon lords, demi-gods, etc.

But a celestial version of those books of the damned is awesome.

Champions of good just might be pathfinder's unbroken version of exalted deeds.

So when are these two books suposed to come out?

Also have there been any other product anouncements other then the pathfinder munchkin card deal?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gorbacz wrote:
Dibs on celestial totems not included due to some weird editing "error". ;-)

The paizo design staff's only pleasure in life is making Mikaze cry. True story

Cheliax

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Dragon78 wrote:
Also have there been any other product anouncements other then the pathfinder munchkin card deal?

One of the tweets coming out of yesterday's seminar (tweeted by Dale McCoy) was that Paizo intends to experiment a bit on the length of the modules in their Pathfinder Modules line. Of course, it's not really an actual product announcement, but still interesting for anyone following that product line.


I am looking forward to these products! We have about a year to wait for them?

Cheliax

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Shalafi2412 wrote:
I am looking forward to these products! We have about a year to wait for them?

From what I remember of Dale's tweets I got the impression the Angel book is the next thing to be announced for the CS line, so presumably Feburary. Champions of Purity probably the same.


Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

You sure this isnt a book like the Books of the Dammed?but for angels

Which I think would be great

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber
Cheapy wrote:
Paul Watson wrote:
In before Mikaze geekgasms on the possibility of celestial totems.. ;-)
My theory is that he saw this thread, and then fainted.

My theory is that I'm at Gencon and OH MY GOD I NEED TO HUG SOMEONE AFTER I GET THIS BLUE PAINT OFF

:D :D :D

Posted from iPhone so sloppy


Dragon78 wrote:

I have been sick of demons/devils since 2nd edition so I have little to no interest in the next AP after shattered star.

You mean after Reign of Winter, right? 'Cause RoW comes before the Worldwound AP and I don't think it will be too Demon-related.

Cheliax

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Joey Virtue wrote:

You sure this isnt a book like the Books of the Dammed?but for angels

Which I think would be great

I'm actually pretty sure it is he first Book of the Damned equivalent for Celestials.


Mikaze wrote:
Cheapy wrote:
Paul Watson wrote:
In before Mikaze geekgasms on the possibility of celestial totems.. ;-)
My theory is that he saw this thread, and then fainted.

My theory is that I'm at Gencon and OH MY GOD I NEED TO HUG SOMEONE AFTER I GET THIS BLUE PAINT OFF

:D :D :D

Posted from iPhone so sloppy

You went as a smurf? Which one?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Yeah I meant Reign of Winter.

Did they say that Chronicles of Righteousness would be about Angels specifically?


Dale McCoy's tweet from the seminar:

"campaign setting stuff: [Chronicles of the Righteous]. Covers angel lords"

I reckon that's all we know at this point. I do hope it'll be similar to the Book of the Damned books, where it covers the movers and shakers (empyreal lords) and their realms, celestials, and mortal worship. Hopefully with a wee bestiary at the end.


Urgghhhh!!! I want these now! But that won't be possible for quite some time. But the fact they've been officially announced is wonderful! Now we just have to play the waiting game...


hopefully it also includes new angels, since at current the ranks of good outsiders are a bit thin compared to evil outsiders

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber

Got to talk to F. Wesley Schneider about these.

This gon be good. :)

Kajehase wrote:
Mikaze wrote:
Cheapy wrote:
Paul Watson wrote:
In before Mikaze geekgasms on the possibility of celestial totems.. ;-)
My theory is that he saw this thread, and then fainted.

My theory is that I'm at Gencon and OH MY GOD I NEED TO HUG SOMEONE AFTER I GET THIS BLUE PAINT OFF

:D :D :D

Posted from iPhone so sloppy

You went as a smurf? Which one?

Level 13 Twi'lek Scoundrel Smurf. We buzzed the Paizo booth trying to catch Vic Wertz and Lisa Stevens but the headpiece was killing the other twi'lek so we had to go.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

MMCJawa, that is an understatement. We could use a lot more Good(and LN/CN) outsiders.


On a tangent:

I find it weird and kind of dumb that the outsiders that most symbolize Chaos (Proteans), have only about 4 statted types, which is so far much less than any of the lawful good/evil outsiders.

SO yeah the non-evil outsider ranks need some tweaking

Osirion

MMCJawa wrote:

On a tangent:

I find it weird and kind of dumb that the outsiders that most symbolize Chaos (Proteans), have only about 4 statted types, which is so far
much less than any of the lawful good/evil outsiders.

Me too! I homebrewed a couple, but it would be neat to see some more from Todd, who is, as I understand it, their 'daddy.'

Ditto Formians (esp. those 'wasp-formians' mentioned in The Great Beyond!). I'm not sure if multiple types of Axiomites really works with their whole concept, perhaps the only variation they have is by strapping on class levels. Inevitables? Eh. Never really felt the love for them.


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Ravenmantle wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:
Also have there been any other product anouncements other then the pathfinder munchkin card deal?
One of the tweets coming out of yesterday's seminar (tweeted by Dale McCoy) was that Paizo intends to experiment a bit on the length of the modules in their Pathfinder Modules line. Of course, it's not really an actual product announcement, but still interesting for anyone following that product line.

That sounds great. Provided the page count goes up, of course. :)

Thanks.


Angels just in time for Valentine's Day! :)

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Dragon78 wrote:


Champions of good just might be pathfinder's unbroken version of exalted deeds.

+1.

Nothing against complex anti-heroes, but sometimes you just want to be the good guy. Hellknights, diabolists, demoniacs, assassins, souldrinkers; we have so many evil options for the GM or occasional evil campaign, we can use more good ones. Even the Holy Vindicator (from the APG) could be evil. How many evil bloodlines are there compared to good ones.

Sales note: GMs make more characters, but can handwave. There are more players than GMs, and there is a need for "on side of angels" options. I'd like a wizard archetype tied to the upper planes.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Technically hellknights aren't evil, well most of them aren't. More Lawful than anything.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Lazaro wrote:
Technically hellknights aren't evil, well most of them aren't. More Lawful than anything.

And diabolists can be Lawful Neutral (and are PFS legal for anyone who wants a Cheliaxian spellcaster with an interesting twist). And not only by RAW, but by world design some Hellknight orders are compatible with a paladin's ethos.

I take your meaning. Nevertheless, in my opinion, if you walk around in Darth Vader armor with spikes added to it, your organization loudly emulates the heirarchy of Asmodeus' Hell, your devotion to order is great and your belief in morality is nonexistant, and your capstone ability allows you to grant the unholy weapon quality to any weapon, you belong on the list of evil flavored character options.

Hopefully the Book of Most Excellent Righteousness will have a celestial wizard, in opposition to (if not ethically opposite from) the Hellknight signifier.


Ajaxis wrote:
Lazaro wrote:
Technically hellknights aren't evil, well most of them aren't. More Lawful than anything.

And diabolists can be Lawful Neutral (and are PFS legal for anyone who wants a Cheliaxian spellcaster with an interesting twist). And not only by RAW, but by world design some Hellknight orders are compatible with a paladin's ethos.

I take your meaning. Nevertheless, in my opinion, if you walk around in Darth Vader armor with spikes added to it, your organization loudly emulates the heirarchy of Asmodeus' Hell, your devotion to order is great and your belief in morality is nonexistant, and your capstone ability allows you to grant the unholy weapon quality to any weapon, you belong on the list of evil flavored character options.

Hopefully the Book of Most Excellent Righteousness will have a celestial wizard, in opposition to (if not ethically opposite from) the Hellknight signifier.

+1

Contributor

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Set wrote:
MMCJawa wrote:

On a tangent:

I find it weird and kind of dumb that the outsiders that most symbolize Chaos (Proteans), have only about 4 statted types, which is so far
much less than any of the lawful good/evil outsiders.

Me too! I homebrewed a couple, but it would be neat to see some more from Todd, who is, as I understand it, their 'daddy.'

Ditto Formians (esp. those 'wasp-formians' mentioned in The Great Beyond!). I'm not sure if multiple types of Axiomites really works with their whole concept, perhaps the only variation they have is by strapping on class levels. Inevitables? Eh. Never really felt the love for them.

I started out with three types because of the roots of their names in the Ogdoad of Hermopolis mythology from the real world. I'm perfectly happy with expanding them in the future to have more castes or sub-castes (either myself or other folks), but since their appearances shift radically within the general description of their caste, caste is almost more of a descriptor of role rather than sub-species in a way. But variety is good. Chaos is good. Rigidity is slavery. Evil is slaveryGoodnodifferentFindBeautymagicmusicgloryinchangingshiftingfluidicrea lity. Etc. I really really -really- like the Proteans.

As far as the wasp formians, I'd always considered that you might have multiple types of insect-variant formians (ant, wasp, etc) to represent different hive-strains. Hopefully we'll see the wasp types statted at some point, but I think the Paizo guys have plans of their own for Formians at some point. I look forward to seeing what they do with them.

Axiomites really have outward form for the purpose of interacting with everyone else, because glowing manifestations of mathematics aren't easy to deal with really. I've always wanted to add more than the standard humanoid axiomite to represent some of the higher types vaguely hinted at, or gestalt amalgamations of multiple axiomites like paqrtial versions of their combination to bring about the Godmind.


I think it's also worth noting that Formians may or may not even be Outsiders. Sure, they happen to also be in Axis but they also seem to be native to Castrovel. So it's possible they're Native Outsiders living on Castrovel who immigrated from Axis. Or they're Monstrous Humanoids or Aberrations from Castrovel that emigrated to Axis. I suppose time will tell.


Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Lazaro wrote:
Technically hellknights aren't evil, well most of them aren't. More Lawful than anything.

Yeah, those neutral societies keep telling themselves that...

I know those Hellknights have good propaganda, but there's plenty of evil in the Hellknights.

Osirion

The Block Knight wrote:
I think it's also worth noting that Formians may or may not even be Outsiders. Sure, they happen to also be in Axis but they also seem to be native to Castrovel. So it's possible they're Native Outsiders living on Castrovel who immigrated from Axis. Or they're Monstrous Humanoids or Aberrations from Castrovel that emigrated to Axis. I suppose time will tell.

I believe James mentioned something along those lines, and I love, love, love that idea, since formians 'feel' better for me aesthetically if they are intruders in the planes, and still have to eat, etc. Vast farms on the planes, defended by formian soldiers, would make for an interesting visual, and create a rationale for why the formians are constantly expanding and in conflict with planar natives, since they need so much more territory than a self-sufficient outsider.


This is how I think of them as well. It's about time the Outer Planes were the victim of intrusion.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

From what James said to me at Gen con the plan is for it to have a layout similar to that of Lords of the Abyss with a page or two devoted to each empyreal lord within and to try and cover as many of them from all the different good outsider types as possible. The way it sounds I'm a little sad they are planning on putting angels, agathions, azatas, archons, peris, and the other race of native outsiders who name I can't remember at the moment; into one book but on the other if it gets enough support and is a nice success maybe we'll get more. Also really looking forward to seeing some new good outsiders coming with it like we got in all the other books of the damned and Todd totally with you on more proteans thanks to you one of my players has an outsider race that doesn't want to kill him ^-^.

Osirion

The Block Knight wrote:
This is how I think of them as well. It's about time the Outer Planes were the victim of intrusion.

It's a notion that lends itself to some plot seeds as well.

Where did they come from originally?

Why are they so fanatically devoted to expanding into other planes?

What is going on where they came from that is so dire, that they feel the need to emigrate to hostile dimensions and set up shop?

And is whatever-possibly-world-ending-threat-they-may-be-fleeing following them...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cheapy wrote:
Go ahead and guess what'll be in it.

Champions of Good will contain the Elements of Harmony. It's the long-awaited Pony sourcebook, I'm sure.


doc the grey wrote:
From what James said to me at Gen con the plan is for it to have a layout similar to that of Lords of the Abyss with a page or two devoted to each empyreal lord within and to try and cover as many of them from all the different good outsider types as possible. The way it sounds I'm a little sad they are planning on putting angels, agathions, azatas, archons, peris, and the other race of native outsiders who name I can't remember at the moment; into one book but on the other if it gets enough support and is a nice success maybe we'll get more. Also really looking forward to seeing some new good outsiders coming with it like we got in all the other books of the damned and Todd totally with you on more proteans thanks to you one of my players has an outsider race that doesn't want to kill him ^-^.

That's...rather disappointing. I get they are concerned that evil sells better than good, as far as product lines go, but I feel that is far too little space to fully cover 3 or so planes, three races of outsider, and all of the stuff that the Book of the Damned volumes contain.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
MMCJawa wrote:
doc the grey wrote:
From what James said to me at Gen con the plan is for it to have a layout similar to that of Lords of the Abyss with a page or two devoted to each empyreal lord within and to try and cover as many of them from all the different good outsider types as possible. The way it sounds I'm a little sad they are planning on putting angels, agathions, azatas, archons, peris, and the other race of native outsiders who name I can't remember at the moment; into one book but on the other if it gets enough support and is a nice success maybe we'll get more. Also really looking forward to seeing some new good outsiders coming with it like we got in all the other books of the damned and Todd totally with you on more proteans thanks to you one of my players has an outsider race that doesn't want to kill him ^-^.
That's...rather disappointing. I get they are concerned that evil sells better than good, as far as product lines go, but I feel that is far too little space to fully cover 3 or so planes, three races of outsider, and all of the stuff that the Book of the Damned volumes contain.

Yeah I'm with you there but from the sounds of it putting out the complete books of the damned that we did get was a near miracle. It's part of the reason why they are so hesitant to do more books of the damned on the kytons, asuras, and raksasha's is they are a pain in the ass to do and a worry to sell. Also I think to be honest they are the first company to really try something like this in earnest so it's a bit of a gamble. I will say though i think the best way to make sure they know this will sell is to keep telling people about it and when it comes out if it's good buy it out. Hopefully that will send the message that we want more of these so we can build up a nice repertoire of books on good outsiders.

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

Just to be pedantic, the actual working titles for these books are:

Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Book of the Righteous

Pathfinder Player Companion: Champions of Purity

Make of that what you will! :)

1 to 50 of 59 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder Campaign Setting / Pathfinder Campaign Setting Products / Chronicles of Righteousness and Champions of Good just announced All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.