Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Awarded my second GM star


Pathfinder Society GM Discussion

Andoran **

I officially have my second star as a Pathfinder Society GM. So, I would like to thank the GMs who have helped me, my local organizers, past and present, and everyone here for a lot of advice.

Pathfinder Society Organized Play in my area is attracting some new gamers and I think that Paizo has done a very good job in trying to bring people into our hobby. Maybe some more good introductory modules for those new to RPGs or Pathfinder Society might be a good idea, but I know that several are out there.

Andoran ***

Congrats! (One more table of credit, and I get my second star)

Andoran **

kinevon wrote:
Congrats! (One more table of credit, and I get my second star)

Until I started being involved in PFS back in 2010, I had taken a long hiatus from gaming. I played a few games of 4E at a shop near where I lived, but it really did not appeal to me.

Paizo Employee ***** Global Organized Play Coordinator

Congrats!

Sczarni ***

Congratz!

Grand Lodge ** RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

Congratulations!

Andoran **

One thing that I have learned as a GM is to expect unusual moves from players. Also, I think that we do have a lot of different play styles, and a GM's job in part is to make sure that every character has a chance to shine. (It is funny to have a super serious character and one that is a bit zany at the same table.)

Andoran *** Venture-Captain, Washington—Seattle aka The Great Rinaldo!

William Ronald wrote:
One thing that I have learned as a GM is to expect unusual moves from players. Also, I think that we do have a lot of different play styles, and a GM's job in part is to make sure that every character has a chance to shine. (It is funny to have a super serious character and one that is a bit zany at the same table.)

Especially if the player of the serious character has a good sense of humor and is willing to be the straight man for the zany one.

Anyway, congratulations! I hope to start getting some stars by my name soon as well!

Andoran **

The Great Rinaldo! wrote:
William Ronald wrote:
One thing that I have learned as a GM is to expect unusual moves from players. Also, I think that we do have a lot of different play styles, and a GM's job in part is to make sure that every character has a chance to shine. (It is funny to have a super serious character and one that is a bit zany at the same table.)

Especially if the player of the serious character has a good sense of humor and is willing to be the straight man for the zany one.

Anyway, congratulations! I hope to start getting some stars by my name soon as well!

A good straight man is a bonus when there is a zany party.

As Pathfinder Society grows, it will be interesting to see how PFS will try to recruit players and GMs. The Great Rinaldo!, I highly recommend GMing -- as it can give people in your group who are GMs a chance to play.

Andoran *** Venture-Captain, Washington—Seattle aka The Great Rinaldo!

William Ronald wrote:
As Pathfinder Society grows, it will be interesting to see how PFS will try to recruit players and GMs. The Great Rinaldo!, I highly recommend GMing -- as it can give people in your group who are GMs a chance to play.

I've been a DM/GM for games for about thirty years now, across a great number of game systems. Pathfinder is definitely one of the better ones, and PFS is a great organization. My local group is awesome, and I'll be GMing PFS at my first (small local) con in a few weeks. I look forward to running for new players.

Taldor **** Venture-Lieutenant, Indiana—Northwestern Indiana aka VanceMadrox

Congrats Will! Thanks for all your help running at our local venue. You're only about 15 tables behind me now.

Andoran **

VanceMadrox wrote:
Congrats Will! Thanks for all your help running at our local venue. You're only about 15 tables behind me now.

I have been GMing so much that I have to remind myself about some facts about my characters.

We do have a pretty active group in NW Indiana at Lightspeed Hobbies in Portage.

Andoran ***

Grats!!!!

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder Society® / Pathfinder Society GM Discussion / Awarded my second GM star All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.