Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Ultimate Equipment Errata


Paizo Products

201 to 250 of 365 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Pg. 82 - Dog

In the first sentence of the lap dog paragraph, "tiny" should be capitalized.

Grand Lodge

Pg. 82 - Dog (again)

The riding dog's description fails to mention that no damage is taken you fall from a riding dog.

Grand Lodge

Pgs. 80 & 81 - Owl

The owl listed on the Pets and Familiars table costs 10 gp and weighs 1-3 lbs, like it says in the description. The owl on the next page, however in the guard and hunting animals table costs 20 gp and weighs 4 lbs.

Grand Lodge

Pg. 85 - Snake, constrictor

The description of this animal doesn't mention the word "familiar", but practically says so when it mentions they are "used" by some traveling spellcasters, albeit they're an unpopular choice due to their size. The wording can be misleading, since as of now no book allows constrictor snakes as familiars.

Grand Lodge

Pg. 86 - Galley

The galley in Ultimate Equipment costs 30,000 gp, but on page 184 of Ultimate Combat, it costs 10,000 gp

Grand Lodge

pg. 87 - Keelboat

The keelboat in Ultimate Equipment costs 3,000 gp, but on page 184 of Ultimate Combat, it costs 13,000 gp

Grand Lodge

Pg. 87 - Sleigh

The sleigh in Ultimate Equipment costs 50 gp, but on page 182 of Ultimate Combat, it costs 100 gp

Grand Lodge

Pg. 93 - Cloves

On table 2-11: Trade Goods, a pound of cloves appears twice on the list, once in the 1 gp category and again in the 15 gp category. In the Core Rulebook, it's 15 gp.

Grand Lodge

Pg. 93 - Adamantine and mithral

At first I thought this was a glaring error, that adamantine is only 300 gp per lb. whereas mithral is 500 gp per lb., when adamantine light armor costs WAY more than mithral light armor.

Then it dawned on me that being a light metal, it takes more mithral to equal a pound than it takes adamantine to equal a pound. Is this true?


shaving kit lists at 15 sp twice and 15 gp once. which is it?

Grand Lodge

Pg. 86 - Carriage

In the Core Rulebook on page 163, we see that the price of hiring a coach cab costs 3 cp per mile when traveling from town-to-town, and a flat 1 cp when traveling within the boundaries of a town. Presumably the Carriage on page 86 of UE is the reincarnated version of this, as it costs 3 cp per mile and is essentially a coach cab, based on its picture.

This would mean that somewhere in its description it might be prudent to mention that when traveling within a town in one of these, it costs 1 cp (unless this was intended to be a rule revision).


I really want this book but there do seem to be quite a few items (including missing entries in tables) that need errata so I've been hesitant. Is there any estimate when a new printing might be done that includes a lot of the errata outlined in this thread (or otherwise)? I realize the latest copy of the PDF version might include a lot of the updates but I'm really interested in a print copy.

L

Cheliax

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Legendarius wrote:

I really want this book but there do seem to be quite a few items (including missing entries in tables) that need errata so I've been hesitant. Is there any estimate when a new printing might be done that includes a lot of the errata outlined in this thread (or otherwise)? I realize the latest copy of the PDF version might include a lot of the updates but I'm really interested in a print copy.

L

2nd printing both physical and pdf will be done at the same time

and that time will be when they have to reorder
they reorder when current physical copies are "low"
they don't say when they are "low" because no one would buy current copies

Andoran RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

p. 221 Mantle of Immortality - while you're wearing this item, can you die of old age, or does it simply negate age penalties while you're wearing it, but you'll die when your time is up after venerable?

Andoran RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

p. 247 - Plague Mask - the price of 27K seems very high for remove disease once per day and a +4 resistance bonus to diseases. Remove disease should cost 3*5*1800/5 = 5400, and even +4 resistance bonus on all saves only costs 16000. Even if you add 50% on the remove disease power for a second ability, that gets 24,100.

Andoran RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

p. 247 Stormlord's Helm - what exactly is meant by "once it does, the wearer can call lighting (as the spell) for 10 minutes or until the wearer dismisses the thunderstorm". Can you call a bolt of lightning for 100 rounds in a row, or only 10 times in the 10 minutes of the storm?


2 people marked this as FAQ candidate.

2 points i'd like to make:

1) although mithril has a method of making other items not listed (cost by weight), the adamantine listing (p.48) does not have one at all, so there is no apparent way to make a metal shield out of adamantine (even though it wouldn't benefit much from it), either in the core rulebook or ultimate equipment. is that intended?

2) the wording of the 'hosteling' armor ability (p.119)seems strange. the size of the animal companion or familiar that can be put into the armor/shield is based on a combination of the TYPE of armor/shield in combination with the size of THE PERSON who activates it. This results in the ability of a medium sized character to use a sprite sized tower shield (which would be around 9 inches tall)intended for a smaller character to be able to put his large sized animal companion/mount into that shield then carry it conveniently in a shirt pocket, while a small sized character can never use any tower shield, regardless of size, (even one made for a medium creature), to put his own large animal companion inside it. Is this the intended effect?

Andoran RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

p. 259 Necklace of Adaptation - not technically errata, but should the requirements be updated to allow alter self or life bubble?

Andoran RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

p. 260 Necklace of Netted Stars (very cool item, by the way) - it allows the recall of previously cast 1st-level or 0-level spells, as a pearl of power. However, 0-level spells are at will, so there's never a need to recall one that's previously cast. I assume the reference to 0-level spells should simply be removed, but don't know for sure that it wasn't supposed to be 1st-level or 2nd-level spells. (though the price would suggest not.)

Andoran RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

p. 270 Bonebreaker Gauntlets - looks like a typo here - "If the save fails, the Wand reduces the target's Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution...."

However, the item is a pair of gauntlets, not a wand at all.

Grand Lodge

7 people marked this as FAQ candidate. 1 person marked this as a favorite.

P. 122 Spell storing (armor) Anytime a creature hits the wearer with a melee attack or melee touch attack, the armor can cast the spell on that creature as a SWIFT ACTION if the weare desires...

The only time there would be a swift would be in cases of an AoO...so shouldn't that be an immediate action instead?

Andoran RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

p. 271 - Bracelet of Second Chances - "When a critical hit or sneak attack is confirmed on the wearer...he can choose to convert the critical hit into a normal hit." It should mention that it can convert the critical hit or sneak attack into a normal hit.

Grand Lodge

asthyril wrote:

2 points i'd like to make:

1) although mithril has a method of making other items not listed (cost by weight), the adamantine listing (p.48) does not have one at all, so there is no apparent way to make a metal shield out of adamantine (even though it wouldn't benefit much from it), either in the core rulebook or ultimate equipment. is that intended?

2) the wording of the 'hosteling' armor ability (p.119)seems strange. the size of the animal companion or familiar that can be put into the armor/shield is based on a combination of the TYPE of armor/shield in combination with the size of THE PERSON who activates it. This results in the ability of a medium sized character to use a sprite sized tower shield (which would be around 9 inches tall)intended for a smaller character to be able to put his large sized animal companion/mount into that shield then carry it conveniently in a shirt pocket, while a small sized character can never use any tower shield, regardless of size, (even one made for a medium creature), to put his own large animal companion inside it. Is this the intended effect?

I'll respond to the first part as I know the answer to it readily.

1) While it's true there's no real listed method of making items out of adamantine, shields do have rules. You'd price it as if making a weapon, since shields appear in that list. They'd be adamantine weapons at that point, able to bypass hardness with a shield bash.

It's true they'd provide the wielder no further defensive abilities on their own, but they'd have greater hardness and increased hit points. Serious shield bearers would do well to seek such an item out if they fear sunder-happy opponents.


Strife2002 wrote:
asthyril wrote:

2 points i'd like to make:

1) although mithril has a method of making other items not listed (cost by weight), the adamantine listing (p.48) does not have one at all, so there is no apparent way to make a metal shield out of adamantine (even though it wouldn't benefit much from it), either in the core rulebook or ultimate equipment. is that intended?

I'll respond to the first part as I know the answer to it readily.

1) While it's true there's no real listed method of making items out of adamantine, shields do have rules. You'd price it as if making a weapon, since shields appear in that list. They'd be adamantine weapons at that point, able to bypass hardness with a shield bash.

It's true they'd provide the wielder no further defensive abilities on their own, but they'd have greater hardness and increased hit points. Serious shield bearers would do well to seek such an item out if they fear sunder-happy opponents.

do you have some sort of official ruling on this from somewhere? i have seen lots of people argue that you should just use weapon rules, and i agree, but there has been no official response that i can find on the subject.

Grand Lodge

asthyril wrote:
Strife2002 wrote:
asthyril wrote:

2 points i'd like to make:

1) although mithril has a method of making other items not listed (cost by weight), the adamantine listing (p.48) does not have one at all, so there is no apparent way to make a metal shield out of adamantine (even though it wouldn't benefit much from it), either in the core rulebook or ultimate equipment. is that intended?

I'll respond to the first part as I know the answer to it readily.

1) While it's true there's no real listed method of making items out of adamantine, shields do have rules. You'd price it as if making a weapon, since shields appear in that list. They'd be adamantine weapons at that point, able to bypass hardness with a shield bash.

It's true they'd provide the wielder no further defensive abilities on their own, but they'd have greater hardness and increased hit points. Serious shield bearers would do well to seek such an item out if they fear sunder-happy opponents.

do you have some sort of official ruling on this from somewhere? i have seen lots of people argue that you should just use weapon rules, and i agree, but there has been no official response that i can find on the subject.

Well the only "official" response I got confirming this wasn't from Paizo, but from Wizards of the Coast back in the days of 3.5 which Pathfinder is based off of.

I extend it to Pathfinder as well due to the fact that, RAW, shields are listed as weapons as well as appearing in the armor tables.


Not sure if it got mentioned before and not that I want to make adamantine more expensive but it has a listing under trade goods. Looking at the price per lb under that and the flat costs for different weapons and armor, why would a worked version of a rare metal sell for less than the material cost? Heavier weapons and armor should be more expensive right?

Qadira RPG Superstar 2008 Top 6, Contributor

I always assumed that they weren't pure adamantine, since most don't cost enough when you look at their weights.


You have to pay retail cost for raw adamantine while weapon and armor smiths pay wholesale price. Those adamantine merchants have to pay the bills to you know.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

p. 83 - Under fox, the fox is listed as a canine. A fox is a vulpine, not a canine.


Ajaxis wrote:
p. 83 - Under fox, the fox is listed as a canine. A fox is a vulpine, not a canine.

I'm just going to link to Wikipedia...


P242: CROWN OF HEAVEN

Quote:
...A crown, an orb, and a scepter of heaven—collectively known as a regalia of heaven—increase in power when used together....

I can't find the "Orb of Heaven" item in the UE...

http://TheOnlySheet.com


Gluttony wrote:
Ajaxis wrote:
p. 83 - Under fox, the fox is listed as a canine. A fox is a vulpine, not a canine.
I'm just going to link to Wikipedia...

Interesting - thanks for the link!

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Ajaxis wrote:
p. 83 - Under fox, the fox is listed as a canine. A fox is a vulpine, not a canine.

Withdrawn, and I stand corrected.

Grand Lodge

The Only Sheet wrote:

P242: CROWN OF HEAVEN

Quote:
...A crown, an orb, and a scepter of heaven—collectively known as a regalia of heaven—increase in power when used together....

I can't find the "Orb of Heaven" item in the UE...

http://TheOnlySheet.com

I believe the item in question is the orb of golden heaven on page 313. This item's description also has the same issue as it refers to a crown of golden heaven. I guess the scepter of heaven is the tie-breaker, as it doesn't mention the word "golden" at all, and so neither should the orb (which would be renamed).

Grand Lodge

Pg. 103 - Casting plaster

Any reason this alchemical tool doesn't have a Craft DC?

Andoran

Gluttony wrote:
Ajaxis wrote:
p. 83 - Under fox, the fox is listed as a canine. A fox is a vulpine, not a canine.
I'm just going to link to Wikipedia...

But that's not canine; that's Canidae. Wiktionary says a canine is "A dog or wolf, as distinct from a fox, which is a vulpine."

Grand Lodge

Pg. 104 - Impact foam

We need a little more information on this item. It says the two ways to use this item are to either spend 1 minute applying it to a 10-ft.-radius area, or throw it like a splash weapon (which sounds like its effects would then be instantaneous). We need more info about when throwing this item.

1) Since this is only intended to be thrown at the ground, not at enemies, can you target a square when throwing this, or only a grid intersection?
2) Since the term "splash weapon" was used, what exactly does the splash do? Is it simply saying that its effects apply equally to all squares in the splash?
3) Are the effects when throwing this instantaneous like I assumed above? Is that the trade-off, spend 1 minute applying to a 10-ft.-radius area or throw to only affect a 5-ft. radius area?

Grand Lodge

Pg. 107 - Table 2-16: Alchemical Weapons

This table categorizes all the weaponized alchemical items into a handy table similar to the ones in the weapons chapter. The issue is that at the top of this table is the header of "Simple Weapons." Many of the items in this table are splash weapons, and by labeling these as simple weapons, some classes suddenly wouldn't be proficient in them, meaning they'd take a -4 penalty to use. True, page 202 of the Core Rulebook says that thrown splash weapons require no weapon proficiency, but that's way back in the Core Rulebook and buried in a paragraph in the combat chapter and a new player gearing up their wizard may be confused and ignore this table due to it saying "simple weapons" at the top of it.

Grand Lodge

Pg. 107 - Holy water

If you're going to include holy water, you may as well include unholy water as well, either in its own block or as a special mention in the holy water description.

Grand Lodge

Pg. 106 - Acid

This item should mention what the Craft (alchemy) DC is to make it like all the other items in this chapter do. It's a DC 15 Craft (alchemy) check.

Grand Lodge

Pg. 108 - Liquid blade

Seems like this item should be able to be crafted for Small creatures, or any sized creature for that matter. Right now the description only mentions a blade for a Medium creature, which seems unrealistic (all it'd take is lesser or greater amounts in a smaller or bigger bottle). I got a player with a gnome alchemist in my game that'd love to make some of this stuff for herself.

Grand Lodge

Pg. 104 - Mending paste

Minor error. Third sentence, "fragile condition" should be changed to "fragile quality."

Grand Lodge

Pg. 108 - Paper candle firework

Doesn't mention what action it takes to light it like the other similar items do.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as FAQ candidate.

Pg. 108 - Pellet grenade

This variant of the fuse grenade has iron pellets inside of it but can instead be filled with silver, cold iron, or adamantine pellets to bypass appropriate damage reductions. It should be noted, though, which damage is affected by this. The damage value for this item is 1d6/1d6/1d6:

1) First d6 for the bludgeoning damage of the concussive force
2) Second d6 for the piercing damage of the flying pellets
3) Third d6 for the fire damage in the resulting explosion

So isn't it only the second d6 that's affected by damage reduction? What about the bludgeoning and fire damage (for both this item and the fuse grenade, which only deals these two damages)? Do they both bypass or do they bypass no matter what since their damage doesn't rely on a material?

Grand Lodge

Strife2002 wrote:

Pg. 108 - Paper candle firework

Doesn't mention what action it takes to light it like the other similar items do.

Same for the skyrocket firework, star candle firework, and starfountain firework on page 109.

Grand Lodge

Pg. 109 - Skyrocket firework

Second to last sentence says:

"Anyone who takes damage from the explosion is either blinded or deafened (50% chance of either) for 1 round."

Shouldn't these be separate rolls? It seems like someone receiving one of these could be both blinded AND deafened, unless the either/or text was to prevent a target from avoiding both conditions with good rolls.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as FAQ candidate.

Pg. 111 - Table 2-17: Poisons

Two of the poisons listed in this table, belladonna and hemlock, say "see text" at the ends of their Effect entries. Whatever text this is referring to (presumably descriptions for all these poisons) was cut from the book.

The additional text for belladonna is that a target can attempt one save to cure a lycanthropy affliction contracted in the past hour.

The additional text for hemlock is that creatures reduced to 0 Dexterity suffocate.


2 people marked this as FAQ candidate.

Pg. 374 - Table 7-25: 3rd-level arcane scrolls

In the uncommon scrolls list, there's a spell called beast shape. beast shape I is already listed in the common spells section.

There are a bunch of spells in the scrolls section that are missing their material component costs (ex: reincarnate, the cleric version of scrying). yeehaw cheap scrolls I guess.

Pg. 382 - Table 7-42: Random Wands

Greater medium wands require you to roll a d80, not d%. Presumably the last 20% should be 4th-level wands?

Andoran RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

p. 297 feather token (whip) - if this is used to grapple a creature, what is the CMD to escape the grapple? I would probably use 25, but that assumes a Dex bonus of 0, and should probably be stated in the rules, rather than making the GM have to figure it out on the spot.

Andoran RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

p. 298 Figurine of Wondrous Power (serpentine owl) - should the stats used for the giant owl form still use a giant eagle stats, now that giant owl stats are in Bestiary 3?

201 to 250 of 365 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder RPG / Paizo Products / Ultimate Equipment Errata All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.