Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Additional Resources Updates


Pathfinder Society® General Discussion

51 to 100 of 1,139 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge *

Helaman wrote:

From the Shattered Star Players Guide:

Fame 5, 1 PP: Exchange one character trait taken at character creation for a new Pathfinder Society trait (see page 5). The character must still obey the normal trait system rules (such as not having more than one trait from the same category); however, the new trait does not need
to be from the same category as the trait it replaces.

Will this be making an addition to PFS play?

Any word on this? This isn't half bad.

Paizo Employee Digital Products Assistant

The Additional Resources page has been updated to include October products and changes.

*****

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Thanks Chris!

Liberty's Edge ****

Minor correction needed:

Quote:

Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea World Guide

Feats: all feats on pages 284–289 except Cypher Magic, Cypher Script, Eye of the Arclord, Fortune Teller, Hamatulatsu, Harrowed, and Shade of the Uskwood. For the Cypher Magic feat, replace the Scribe Scroll prerequisite with Spell Focus;

I think Cypher Magic should be deleted from the area I have bolded it, so as to reduce confusion.

Edit: Wasn't Hamatulatsu discussed and legalized, or is that Marty being confused?

****

I agree with kinevon re: Cypher Magic.

Also Cypher Script; Mike said he was going to make that legal.

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2owlm?Conflict-in-Additional-Resources#7

The Exchange ***** RPG Superstar 2010 Top 16

Speaking of poisons, are there any inhaled poisons that a PFS ninja can use with his "poison bomb" ninja trick?

There was one up for auction at Gen Con, but I didn't bid enthusiastically enough.

***** Venture-Lieutenant, Georgia—Atlanta aka CRobledo

Quote:

Pathfinder Adventure Path #63: "The Asylum Stone"

Equipment: fortifying leeches, spy eyes, and wings of flying, lesser are legal for play

YESSSSSSS!!! My bloatmage was waiting for this! Purchasing next scenario!

****

Will the aforementioned corrections need to wait until next month? I just need to know if I should hang on to my printout of the thread. :)

Paizo Employee ***** Pathfinder Society Campaign Coordinator

Patrick Harris @ SD wrote:
Will the aforementioned corrections need to wait until next month? I just need to know if I should hang on to my printout of the thread. :)

SIgh. Yes. Sorry, changes didn't get saved when I made them. I am doing it right now so they will be listed in November Additional Resources.

Paizo Employee Digital Products Assistant

The Chronicle sheet for Thornkeep has been added to the Additional Resources page and minor fixes have been applied to get the PDF and page matching.

Paizo Employee ***** Pathfinder Society Campaign Coordinator

kinevon wrote:

Minor correction needed:

Quote:

Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea World Guide

Feats: all feats on pages 284–289 except Cypher Magic, Cypher Script, Eye of the Arclord, Fortune Teller, Hamatulatsu, Harrowed, and Shade of the Uskwood. For the Cypher Magic feat, replace the Scribe Scroll prerequisite with Spell Focus;

I think Cypher Magic should be deleted from the area I have bolded it, so as to reduce confusion.

This has been fixed now.

Paizo Employee ***** Pathfinder Society Campaign Coordinator

Patrick Harris @ SD wrote:

I agree with kinevon re: Cypher Magic.

Also Cypher Script; Mike said he was going to make that legal.

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2owlm?Conflict-in-Additional-Resources#7

This has been fixed now.

****

Yay! Thanks.

Grand Lodge **

kinevon wrote:

Minor correction needed:

Quote:

Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea World Guide

Feats: all feats on pages 284–289 except Cypher Magic, Cypher Script, Eye of the Arclord, Fortune Teller, Hamatulatsu, Harrowed, and Shade of the Uskwood. For the Cypher Magic feat, replace the Scribe Scroll prerequisite with Spell Focus;

I think Cypher Magic should be deleted from the area I have bolded it, so as to reduce confusion.

Edit: Wasn't Hamatulatsu discussed and legalized, or is that Marty being confused?

I made a post about Hamtulatsu, but there wasn't any discussion generated.

Paizo Employee Digital Products Assistant

Additional Resources has been updated for November.

Scarab Sages *****

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

Mike do you mean to authorize the 12 level pregens from the NPC Codex? If not, additional resources are not clear on that.

Scarab Sages *****

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

If he is authorizing 12 level pregens for play, I will volunteer to run group of all level 12 pregens in Eyes of the Ten for a brave group of players...;)

Grand Lodge ****

Dragnmoon wrote:
If he is authorizing 12 level pregens for play, I will volunteer to run group of all level 12 pregens in Eyes of the Ten for a brave group of players...;)

I would love to see how long THAT group lasts. :D

Paizo Employee ***** Pathfinder Society Campaign Coordinator

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dragnmoon wrote:
Mike do you mean to authorize the 12 level pregens from the NPC Codex? If not, additional resources are not clear on that.

No, level 12s are not authorized. I will update the Additional Resources when I return to work but probably won't show up until December's update. Thanks for the heads up.

Scarab Sages *****

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

Oh well, there goes that plan...;)


DOT

**** Venture-Captain, Pennsylvania—Philadelphia

Aw shucks. No Thassilonion Specialist love this month. Maybe next month.

**

I also would like it if my horse could wear horseshoes.

The Exchange ***** Venture-Lieutenant, Netherlands—Amsterdam aka Seraphimpunk

do game stores / VLs have permission to print out the iconics for use as pregenerated characters to replace the usual lineup?

Paizo Employee ** Developer

6 people marked this as a favorite.

There has never been a restriction on printing out content from legally-obtained digital copies of our books for personal use. In this case, using one such printout so that someone can play at your table would count as personal use in the same way printing and distributing Chronicle sheets is permitted.

The Exchange ***** Venture-Lieutenant, Netherlands—Amsterdam aka Seraphimpunk

kewl

Silver Crusade ***

Good to hear. My local game store actually keeps a binder on site with all three First Steps adventures and all the level 1 pregens (including the Ultimate Combat iconics) for anyone to use.

Liberty's Edge *

So a quick question, I know we can get chronicles for the PF Novels. Can we also get them for the PF Tales.

Paizo Employee ***** Pathfinder Society Campaign Coordinator

Malehavoc's Revenge wrote:
So a quick question, I know we can get chronicles for the PF Novels. Can we also get them for the PF Tales.

Novels and Tales are the same thing. Are you referring to the short stories? If so, the answer is no.

**** Star Voter 2013

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I believe he is talking about the Chronicle sheets that are a bonus for reading the books.

Liberty's Edge *

Michael Brock wrote:
Malehavoc's Revenge wrote:
So a quick question, I know we can get chronicles for the PF Novels. Can we also get them for the PF Tales.
Novels and Tales are the same thing. Are you referring to the short stories? If so, the answer is no.

Ok thanks just wanted to know

*

Christopher Rowe wrote:
And not that this has anything to do with my question, but as I was looking at my copy of that document (the one dated Wednesday, November 28th, 2012), I noticed that in the introductory paragraphs it lists the core assumption as including the CRB and Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Seekers of Secrets. That's actually changed to the Pathfinder Society Field Guide now, hasn't it?

Maybe he means the "download a PDF of this document" link from additional resources?

And since it was only a few mouse clicks, I did the work for you; he DOES mean that document:

Additional Resources PDF wrote:
(If you’re bringing a printout of the pages, it must be from the actual Paizo PDF and not text copied and pasted into a blank word processing document). Since the core assumption for Pathfinder Society Organized Play is the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook, Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Seekers of Secrets, and the Pathfinder RPG Bestiary, we cannot assume that every Game Master will have the products listed below.

Emphasis mine.

See this download dated 2012-11-28 to see what he's talking about.

EDIT: Copy/pasting this post to the "additional resources updates" sticky in the hope that it will be seen there by the powers that be.

Paizo Employee Digital Products Assistant

Additional Resources has been updated with December products and sanctioned Adventure Paths.

****

Should the Shattered Star titles be in red? Or at least the information about sanctioned play/chronicle downloads?

Paizo Employee Digital Products Assistant

They are now.

****

Groovy.

*

In the introductory paragraphs of the .pdf version of the Additional Resources document, this sentence appears (paragraph two, second column, second to last sentence):

Additional Resources .pdf said wrote:
Since the core assumption for Pathfinder Society Organized Play is the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook, Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Seekers of Secrets, and the Pathfinder RPG Bestiary, we cannot assume that every Game Master will have the products listed below.

Seekers of Secrets has been replaced in the core assumption by Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Pathfinder Society Field Guide, as is made clear by both the Field Guide entry in the Additional Resources document and the text describing the core assumption at p. 5 of the Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play.

Speaking of which, isn't the Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play itself part of the core assumption, and so should perhaps be mentioned in those introductory paragraphs if the other included items are going to be listed?

Paizo Employee ***** Pathfinder Society Campaign Coordinator

Christopher Rowe wrote:

In the introductory paragraphs of the .pdf version of the Additional Resources document, this sentence appears (paragraph two, second column, second to last sentence):

Additional Resources .pdf said wrote:
Since the core assumption for Pathfinder Society Organized Play is the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook, Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Seekers of Secrets, and the Pathfinder RPG Bestiary, we cannot assume that every Game Master will have the products listed below.

Seekers of Secrets has been replaced in the core assumption by Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Pathfinder Society Field Guide, as is made clear by both the Field Guide entry in the Additional Resources document and the text describing the core assumption at p. 5 of the Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play.

Speaking of which, isn't the Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play itself part of the core assumption, and so should perhaps be mentioned in those introductory paragraphs if the other included items are going to be listed?

Thanks! I will get Seeker of Secrets replaced.

Paizo Employee Digital Products Assistant

The PDF download has been updated to reflect the change from Seekers of Secrets to the Pathfinder Society Field Guide.

*

Thanks, Paizonians! That's some speedy customer service right there!

Shadow Lodge ***** Venture-Captain, Washington—Eastern Washington , Star Voter 2013, Dedicated Voter 2014, Star Voter 2015 aka WalterGM

2 people marked this as FAQ candidate. 1 person marked this as a favorite.

Noticed something interesting. As per the current additional resources, Knights of the Inner Sea is legal to an extent. Specifically, " Equipment: all equipment on pages 28–29 are legal for play except war lance." Equipment is listed in the book between pages 30-31, not 28-29. So, as written ATM, no equipment is legal from that book ;)

Second point of interest. We all know about the "what can my animal companion wear" incident, and the excellent, no nonsense FAQ that followed. The core of which is: "For the sake of PFS, animal companions can wear barding and neck-slot items. All other slots aren't really appropriate for animals (or even magical beasts)." However, in Knights of the Inner Sea there are a couple of wondrous items that are intended for mounts. Namely, the Bridle of Tricks and the War Saddle, that take up the neck and waist slots respectively. Per current PFS rules, these cannot be used on on mounts (but ironically, can be worn by PCs). Was this intentional?

Thanks!

The Exchange **

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber

Question on the new additional resources pdf: for Pathfinder Adventure Path #65: "Into the Nightmare Rift", it just says to reference the downloadable chronicle. Does this mean items on the chronicle are legal for general pfs play, or does it mean nothing from this adventure path is legal for play unless you play the sanctioned section?

****

teribithia9 wrote:

Question on the new additional resources pdf: for Pathfinder Adventure Path #65: "Into the Nightmare Rift", it just says to reference the downloadable chronicle. Does this mean items on the chronicle are legal for general pfs play, or does it mean nothing from this adventure path is legal for play unless you play the sanctioned section?

The latter, I would assume.

Paizo Employee ***** Pathfinder Society Campaign Coordinator

teribithia9 wrote:

Question on the new additional resources pdf: for Pathfinder Adventure Path #65: "Into the Nightmare Rift", it just says to reference the downloadable chronicle. Does this mean items on the chronicle are legal for general pfs play, or does it mean nothing from this adventure path is legal for play unless you play the sanctioned section?

Nothing from this chapter of the AP is legal unless you play the sanctioned section.

The Exchange **

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber
Michael Brock wrote:
teribithia9 wrote:

Question on the new additional resources pdf: for Pathfinder Adventure Path #65: "Into the Nightmare Rift", it just says to reference the downloadable chronicle. Does this mean items on the chronicle are legal for general pfs play, or does it mean nothing from this adventure path is legal for play unless you play the sanctioned section?

Nothing from this chapter of the AP is legal unless you play the sanctioned section.

Thanks-wanted to make sure!

Liberty's Edge ***

Walter Sheppard wrote:

However, in Knights of the Inner Sea there are a couple of wondrous items that are intended for mounts. Namely, the Bridle of Tricks and the War Saddle, that take up the neck and waist slots respectively. Per current PFS rules, these cannot be used on on mounts (but ironically, can be worn by PCs). Was this intentional?

Thanks!

LOLOLOLOLOL thank you for a good laugh to start this day

The Exchange **

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber
Walter Sheppard wrote:

Noticed something interesting. As per the current additional resources, Knights of the Inner Sea is legal to an extent. Specifically, " Equipment: all equipment on pages 28–29 are legal for play except war lance." Equipment is listed in the book between pages 30-31, not 28-29. So, as written ATM, no equipment is legal from that book ;)

Second point of interest. We all know about the "what can my animal companion wear" incident, and the excellent, no nonsense FAQ that followed. The core of which is: "For the sake of PFS, animal companions can wear barding and neck-slot items. All other slots aren't really appropriate for animals (or even magical beasts)." However, in Knights of the Inner Sea there are a couple of wondrous items that are intended for mounts. Namely, the Bridle of Tricks and the War Saddle, that take up the neck and waist slots respectively. Per current PFS rules, these cannot be used on on mounts (but ironically, can be worn by PCs). Was this intentional?

Thanks!

I brought this up when the faq first came out, as it also precludes horses from wearing horseshoes of the zephyr or horseshoes of speed, etc. Mike pretty much replied that he expects people to use a little common sense. :)

****

teribithia9 wrote:
I brought this up when the faq first came out, as it also precludes horses from wearing horseshoes of the zephyr or horseshoes of speed, etc. Mike pretty much replied that he expects people to use a little common sense. :)

Do you have a link? As it stands, people are not doing so, and it would be nice to have a clarification to point them towards.

51 to 100 of 1,139 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder Society® / General Discussion / Additional Resources Updates All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.