Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Blank Shackles Map?


Skull & Shackles

Cheliax

Does anyone know where I can find a blank map of the Shackles? I am going to be running S&S in my homebrew campaign setting and have the perfect location to slot the Shackles in, the only problem is that it is on the eastern coastline not the west.

A blank map picture would allow me to flip the region of the Shackles to fit my setting and then go in and add my own labels. Additionally I can allow players to add in their own labels as they go.

Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.


theHunterD13 wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find a blank map of the Shackles? I am going to be running S&S in my homebrew campaign setting and have the perfect location to slot the Shackles in, the only problem is that it is on the eastern coastline not the west.

A blank map picture would allow me to flip the region of the Shackles to fit my setting and then go in and add my own labels. Additionally I can allow players to add in their own labels as they go.

Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Doesn't photo shop allow you to mirror-image? Think I read that somwhere..... If that is tha case you simply use the pdf from the map folio and erase the reversed writing.

Cheliax

Gondolin wrote:
theHunterD13 wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find a blank map of the Shackles? I am going to be running S&S in my homebrew campaign setting and have the perfect location to slot the Shackles in, the only problem is that it is on the eastern coastline not the west.

A blank map picture would allow me to flip the region of the Shackles to fit my setting and then go in and add my own labels. Additionally I can allow players to add in their own labels as they go.

Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Doesn't photo shop allow you to mirror-image? Think I read that somwhere..... If that is tha case you simply use the pdf from the map folio and erase the reversed writing.

Thanks Gondolin, I have never used Photoshop before so I'm not sure what all it can do but I will look into it since you mentioned it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Use the Some PDF Image Extractor. Pop open that program, load in the Wormwood Mutiny and tell it to extract by hitting play (or just extract pages 1-3). It'll extract every image in the PDF, including the imbedded ones-- and including the borders for every single page. Find the map in the folder it makes, delete the folder and save the map. It should be completely blank except for the "this distance = this miles" black-and-white line, which will be blank so you can make it as large or small as you like.

Then open up the map in Irfanview and you can flip or resize it how you please without the hassle of the long boot up time of Photoshop (or the fact that it costs 700 dollars).


Ice Titan wrote:
Use the Some PDF Image Extractor. Pop open that program, load in the Wormwood Mutiny and tell it to extract by hitting play (or just extract pages 1-3).

That's a really nice freeware programm there. Thanks a bunch

Cheliax

Ice Titan wrote:
Use the Some PDF Image Extractor. Pop open that program, load in the Wormwood Mutiny

Thank's alot will look into this and see what I can do with it. I love free software.

Cheliax

Ice Titan, that worked out perfectly and provided exactly what I was hoping to achieve. Thanks again.


theHunterD13 wrote:
Ice Titan, that worked out perfectly and provided exactly what I was hoping to achieve. Thanks again.

No problem. I learned about this program a long time ago and have since used the Extractor to pull all of the cool splash images from each book to fill up the tumblr for my weekly Pathfinder group. Share the knowledge!


Very useful link, Ice Titan. Thanks for sharing.

Cheliax

Also, the Skull & Shackles map folio includes a blank map of the Shackles.


Rosgakori wrote:
Also, the Skull & Shackles map folio includes a blank map of the Shackles.

You don't get the PDF if you buy at your friendly local game store... so you would be writing on the sole original.

Plus, one actually really wants the seas north beyond the Eye (say off the coast of Rahadoumi at least) and south to the edge of the main Golarion map as well.

This is a game about piraty sailing

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder Adventure Path / Skull & Shackles / Blank Shackles Map? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Skull & Shackles

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.