Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

What's for lunch?


Off-Topic Discussions

301 to 350 of 963 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

All the ingredients are prepared together in a big broth, so it's all hot.

I have to say, though, I'm a big fan of eating the shellfish raw with just a bit of lemon juice.

Shadow Lodge

Klaus van der Kroft wrote:
All the ingredients are prepared together in a big broth, so it's all hot.

SOLD!


I went to shop before closing to get cheap pączki. Instead I saw cheap grapes and maize. Today I will be cooking chicken legs for dinner so the maize remains for tomorrow breakfast or lunch-time but grapes are going down fast...

Osirion

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Fried potatoes, bratwurst, fried pointed cale.

Qadira

Fried rice.

Shadow Lodge

Pizza!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Single-malt Scotch!


Success! This time I actually got the pączki!


A nap.


We went to a icecreamery/gelato shop in Brisbane yesterday. Seeing the size of the portions I only had two scoops one of caramelised fig and one of tiramisu, and a flat white coffee.

Qadira

2 people marked this as a favorite.
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
A nap.

Don't dream about eating giant marshmallows. You'll wake up with your pillow gone and the worst case of cotton-mouth you've ever experienced.


Pork. Probably served with broccoli and potatoes.


Just comming back from 9 days of patriotic celebration (we celebrate the 18th of September of 1810, when our first independent government was formed), and I ate meat literally every single day. There's 10 more pounds of me for the world to love.

So it's cow food week for me. Onion and Mushroom quiche for lunch, graciously sent by my mother yesterday.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadowborn wrote:
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
A nap.
Don't dream about eating giant marshmallows. You'll wake up with your pillow gone and the worst case of cotton-mouth you've ever experienced.

This one time, I had this really vivid dream where I was eating this giant marshmallow. It was the strangest thing, because when I woke up...

Spoiler:
My giant marshmallow was gone!

Silver Crusade

Celestial Healer wrote:

Ordered in from a new Dominican place. Grilled chicken, rice and beans, fried plantains, and a side salad.

It's good stuff.

I will be eating this again today.


Celestial Healer wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:

Ordered in from a new Dominican place. Grilled chicken, rice and beans, fried plantains, and a side salad.

It's good stuff.

I will be eating this again today.

Everything tastes better with fried plantains.

Including fried plantains.

Myself today? More green stuff: Asparragus, onion and tomato salad.


Chicken casserole with cheese and rice, pinto beans, corn with chopped red and green sweet pepper, and cornbread with jalapenos baked inside. And a Mt. Dew.


More grapes. What is not to like with before-closing bargain for grapes?

And a bit of cake.

And then a fried pork chop with broccoli and potatoes.

Paizo Employee Project Manager

A microwave meal that seemed like a good idea when I bought it.

It was not. D-:


Jessica Price wrote:

A microwave meal that seemed like a good idea when I bought it.

It was not. D-:

Ready meals are gambles unless you are familiar with particular brand. But even then their quality can vary.

Paizo Employee Sales Imp

Jessica Price wrote:

A microwave meal that seemed like a good idea when I bought it.

It was not. D-:

I keep trying to convince my stomach that these little diet microwave meals are enough food for it. It loudly disagrees.

Shadow Lodge

Last of the leftover Mongolian BBQ. Will need to bring something or go out for lunch tomorrow.

Silver Crusade

Cosmo wrote:
Jessica Price wrote:

A microwave meal that seemed like a good idea when I bought it.

It was not. D-:

I keep trying to convince my stomach that these little diet microwave meals are enough food for it. It loudly disagrees.

You're usually better off having normal lunch food. A lot of those diet entrees are so full of sodium that you aren't doing yourself any favors by eating them.


Celestial Healer wrote:
Cosmo wrote:
Jessica Price wrote:

A microwave meal that seemed like a good idea when I bought it.

It was not. D-:

I keep trying to convince my stomach that these little diet microwave meals are enough food for it. It loudly disagrees.
You're usually better off having normal lunch food. A lot of those diet entrees are so full of sodium that you aren't doing yourself any favors by eating them.

Aye aye. Just get yerself some good old vegetables and keep the meals organized (fiber on dinner works great if, like me, you tend to have high levels of uric acid and sugar. Peas or corn, for instance). One egg every day, some milk, some bread. Eat 5 times a day, put apples and oranges in your drawers so you are never too hungry.

Despite my high cholesterol escapades, I've been regularly dropping off pounds just by fixing that part, and all my levels are very close to normal, even though I still get to sport a manly roleplayer belly (I mean, I'm the DM. I have an example to set. Can't be all skinny for the kids). No need to get into overly complicated dietary products; normal food works just as well!

Dinner tonight: Cheese table! Too lazy to cook anything and I have some leftover camamberts, brie, goat, and ranco from last week's holiday. Ginger ale to chug it down.

Sczarni

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Working the evening shift today, so "lunch" was at 6:00 pm. It was left-over lamb stew from a Persian restaurant, that my wife brought back for me from St. Louis. She's the best!

Taldor

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Popeye's!

Shadow Lodge

Hot Pockets. Trying to save money and only eat fridge/freezer stuff rather than going out every day, until winter rolls around and A.) It's too cold to go shopping and thus I have a great excuse to order delivery and B.) I start working a lot more overtime and thus have more spare cash.

Osirion

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Hotpot from potatos, leek, green onions, carrots, celery, turnip cabbage and sausages, served with fresh pretzel roll.

Tomorrow: A sort of goulash made from sausages, onions, sweetpepper, mushrooms and tomatoes, served with rice and grilled egg-plant.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

An entire box of Oreos, since I am a responsible adult who can make good decisions.


Sandwiches with sausage. And APPLES!

Silver Crusade

Saint Caleth wrote:

An entire box of Oreos, since I am a responsible adult who can make good decisions.

This made me laugh out loud. Awesome.

Meanwhile, I am having pizza. Mmmm. Pizza.


Meeting a couple of friends at the Ruby Tuesday down the street. Planning to get those spicy chicken wings with tartare sauce.

Silver Crusade

But... But... You usually eat so well...

Maybe the Ruby Tuesdays in Chile are better than the ones in the States.


Celestial Healer wrote:

But... But... You usually eat so well...

Maybe the Ruby Tuesdays in Chile are better than the ones in the States.

Well, you have to understand that places like Ruby Tuesday, Applebees, Fridays, and the like serve a different kind of food than what we're used to. It may contain most of the same ingredients, but the preparations are unusual. For instance, stuff like onion rings and fried shrimp are not part of the standard Chilean diet, so it's sort of a change of pace.

I don't know if they are representative of US cuisine, but I think you guys have some very interesting flavours and textures.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Seemingly familiar chains can be really different in foreign countries. In the States, KFC is gross, but here in China it is actually quite good. The Chinese also turned Pizza Hut into a fancy restaurant with tablecloths and a matire d' and everything. I have no idea why.

Silver Crusade

Onion rings and fried shrimp are certainly the type of things you could get a Ruby Tuesdays in the US. Anything battered and deep fried will go over well at a place like that.


Saint Caleth wrote:
Seemingly familiar chains can be really different in foreign countries. In the States, KFC is gross, but here in China it is actually quite good. The Chinese also turned Pizza Hut into a fancy restaurant with tablecloths and a matire d' and everything. I have no idea why.

Yeah, a friend of mine recently came back from China and told me the exact same thing, with KFCs being surprisingly excellent and Pizza Hut being a fancy place.


Here in Poland KFC is modestly nice. I hadn't contact with Pizza Hut, there is enough of local pizzerias.


Klaus van der Kroft wrote:
Saint Caleth wrote:
Seemingly familiar chains can be really different in foreign countries. In the States, KFC is gross, but here in China it is actually quite good. The Chinese also turned Pizza Hut into a fancy restaurant with tablecloths and a matire d' and everything. I have no idea why.
Yeah, a friend of mine recently came back from China and told me the exact same thing, with KFCs being surprisingly excellent and Pizza Hut being a fancy place.

They love KFC in China. China is actually the only country in the world with more KFC franchises than MacDonalds.


Lunch for today: Reineta on a tomato, garlic, rosemary, and onion bed. I left it juicing up last night on the vegetables and white wine sauce (reinetas have a very mild flavour, so to really get it done nicely you have to leave it sucking in from the vegetables for several hours), with a siding of mashed potatoes.

Silver Crusade

Buffalo chicken sandwich with fries. Mmmmmmm...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Parm-roasted broccoli, brown rice with garlic and some chorizo in it, and store brand diet coke.


Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Parm-roasted broccoli, brown rice with garlic and some chorizo in it, and store brand diet coke.

I first read that as PAM-roasted broccoli. After reading the menu there, I was hoping she catered.


DungeonmasterCal wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Parm-roasted broccoli...
I first read that as PAM-roasted broccoli. After reading the menu there, I was hoping she catered.

The roasted broccoli recipe is delicious; even my broccoli-hating dad likes it. Plus it's extremely easy. I don't even chop or peel the garlic like the recipe calls for, just let the cloves oven roast in their peel and it comes out soft and mild and sweet... perfect for spreading on toast or just poping it in your mouth with a fork-full of broccoli.

Ina's roasted eggplant dip is even tastier.


Got a few fries and a piece of chicken out of KFC. It was quite good. Not as good as home-made but good.

Shadow Lodge

Hardee's bacon burger.


Mushrooms fried with onion served with potatoes.

Also apples.

I think I'll go and eat an apple.

Andoran

There is a whole lot of good fruit getting ripe out there. Pomegranate, figs, apples, pears, tomatoes . . .

Silver Crusade

I'll be making my first winter squash of the season. Not for lunch though... for dinner.

Acorn squash roasted with butter and brown sugar.

Also au gratin potatoes from scratch using fresh potatoes from a neighbor's farm.

Mmmm.

Shadow Lodge

Pizza and cheesecake.

301 to 350 of 963 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Off-Topic Discussions / What's for lunch? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.