Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Welcome to new Lexington, KY Venture-Captain


Pathfinder Society® General Discussion

Paizo Employee ***** Global Organized Play Coordinator

I wanted to take a minute to welcome aboard the new Venture-Captain assigned to Lexington, KY. I will let Nicholas Gray introduce himself, advise about the websites he will utilize for coordinating, and any other information he wishes to share.

As for areas that fall within his region, he will cover the state of Kentucky for the time being. Once he finds candidates for Venture-Lieutenants for other cities, such as Louisville, Bowling Green, Paducah, and the Owensburg area, he will assign them.

Welcome to the team!

Andoran *****

Congratulations!

Andoran *****

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

Yay a New VC!!!!

Looking forward to meeting you at PaizoCon or GenCon....

Sczarni *****

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

huzzah!

Qadira *** Venture-Captain, Texas—Dallas & Ft. Worth aka Thorkull

Welcome, Nicholas! Or do you prefer Nick?

Taldor *** Venture-Captain, Oklahoma—Tulsa aka Rob Duncan

Nicholas,

Welcome aboard from another new VC (Tulsa, Okla.)! Looking forward to working with you -- let me know if I can do anything to help!

Cheliax **

Sweet. We got a pretty good PFS group going in Lex at Amazing Wonders. Look foward to working with you.

Silver Crusade **** Venture-Captain, Ohio

Welcome to the Team!!

Silver Crusade ***

Hello everyone! My name is Nicholas Gray, but everyone can call me Nick for short. As Mike has already pointed out, I am the new Venture-Captain of Lexington, KY, and I hope to turn this into a successful and thriving region for PFS. I have been actively GMing and playing in PFS for the last two years within the Atlanta, GA region, and where I acted as a store liaison and non-official Venture-Lieutenant. I have just moved to Lexington from Georgia this May for a new job, and as a result I’m still a bit new to the region and the local gaming scene. But I’m working to jump right into this role as Lexington’s new VC, and get some great PFS gaming going.

I am currently working with someone a little more tech savvy then myself to set up a website for Lexington PFS, and I hope to have it up within the next few days. Once that is set up, and I get the ok from some local gaming and comic book stores, I will start to schedule some PFS game days. I also hope to have a Facebook up this weekend.

I am new to the local gaming scene, so any help with the local cons, general information about the region, and anything else that anyone might think is helpful would be greatly appreciated!

Silver Crusade ***

Alzared wrote:
Sweet. We got a pretty good PFS group going in Lex at Amazing Wonders. Look foward to working with you.

Awesome, how about I try and show up for your next gameday so that we can meet and have some PFS fun?

Qadira ***

Congrats Nick.

You'll be great.

-Pain

Cheliax **

Sounds great. We play Tuesdays at 6pm.

Grand Lodge ****

Welcome.

Osirion *

Congradulations on the position Nicholas.

I was not aware Lexington had organized play for PFS. I wish I had known last year when I was living there.

Silver Crusade ***

Alzared wrote:
Sounds great. We play Tuesdays at 6pm.

I'll do my best to be there next Tuesday then.

Artanthos wrote:

Congradulations on the position Nicholas.

I was not aware Lexington had organized play for PFS. I wish I had known last year when I was living there.

That's part of the reason I'm becoming Lexington's VC. To get the ball rolling so everyone can get a shot at playing PFS here.

*

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Congrats Nick!

I'm another Kentucky Pathfinder fan.

I've never played in PFS, but I'm interested in finding out more about it. A Lexington club isn't that terribly far away and seems like a good way to check it out.

I'm looking forward to seeign the web site!

Silver Crusade

I'm at Dragon*Con right now, and I just joined up with PFS after years of being curious about the system. The guys down here weren't sure if there was an official Lexington presence, so I'm really glad to find this announcement!

(Amusingly, I also just stopped by Amazing Wonders for the first time ever this past Wednesday!)

Taldor **

Welcome!

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32

Nicholas,

Welcome to KY. I have been playing PFS from the start, have an active group here in Somerset, KY (about 75 miles south of Lexington), and am somewhat familiar with the gaming scene in Lexington. So, here's what I know; I hope some of it is helpful to you.

My group in Somerset plays a lot of different games, but we primarily play Pathfinder. Roughly 2-3 Fridays per month, we play an Adventure Path. Right now, we are playing Carrion Crown. At least one Saturday per month (often more), we play Pathfinder Society. This weekend is a little different as it is a holiday. We are getting together today (Sunday) to play boardgames, a session of PFS, and maybe a game of Shadowrun Missions. You're welcome to join us if you get this in time. You can e-mail me (copatt75@yahoo.com) for directions. There will also be grilling and boffer weapons.

I have been woefully saddened by Lexington's organized play offerings (and Louisville seems to hate OP even more). Definitely check out www.meetup.com. There's a Lexington D&D group. Traditionally, this group met one Saturday a month, but meets more frequently now. I first joined them because they were playing LFR. Some of them continue to play LFR, but I think most play non-organized play type games. I think the group also organizes PFS games on Tuesdays at a store called Amazing Wonders. I have not been able to make it up to Lexington on a Tuesday because of my work schedule, but I never see very many people RSVP through Meetup. Finally, I've got a friend named James Risner. He owns a store in Lexington callled Lokkak (I know, immediately recognizeable as a game store, right?). The store sells mostly Magic and Pathfinder product, and he hosts a lot of the Meetups. He plays and runs a lot of Pathfinder, though his store doesn't specifically host PFS games that I know of.

Alright, I hope that was somewhat helpful. Now maybe you can whip us into shape and persuade us to report our events. At that, we suck.

Chad

Silver Crusade ***

Rosvenyr wrote:

I'm at Dragon*Con right now, and I just joined up with PFS after years of being curious about the system. The guys down here weren't sure if there was an official Lexington presence, so I'm really glad to find this announcement!

(Amusingly, I also just stopped by Amazing Wonders for the first time ever this past Wednesday!)

I’m currently in the middle of getting a bunch of stuff organized so that we can field some tables of PFS around Lexington. Right now we have tables being ran every Tuesday at Amazing Wonders, and I am in the middle of getting sessions set up there one Saturday every month, and another Saturday at another game store.

I should finally have my website up and running here within the next couple of days, and I will be using that as a vehicle to help get everything organized in one place.

exile wrote:

Nicholas,

Welcome to KY. I have been playing PFS from the start, have an active group here in Somerset, KY (about 75 miles south of Lexington), and am somewhat familiar with the gaming scene in Lexington. So, here's what I know; I hope some of it is helpful to you.

My group in Somerset plays a lot of different games, but we primarily play Pathfinder. Roughly 2-3 Fridays per month, we play an Adventure Path. Right now, we are playing Carrion Crown. At least one Saturday per month (often more), we play Pathfinder Society. This weekend is a little different as it is a holiday. We are getting together today (Sunday) to play boardgames, a session of PFS, and maybe a game of Shadowrun Missions. You're welcome to join us if you get this in time. You can e-mail me (copatt75@yahoo.com) for directions. There will also be grilling and boffer weapons.

I have been woefully saddened by Lexington's organized play offerings (and Louisville seems to hate OP even more). Definitely check out www.meetup.com. There's a Lexington D&D group. Traditionally, this group met one Saturday a month, but meets more frequently now. I first joined them because they were playing LFR. Some of them continue to play LFR, but I think most play non-organized play type games. I think the group also organizes PFS games on Tuesdays at a store called Amazing Wonders. I have not been able to make it up to Lexington on a Tuesday because of my work schedule, but I never see very many people RSVP through Meetup. Finally, I've got a friend named James Risner. He owns a store in Lexington callled Lokkak (I know, immediately recognizeable as a game store, right?). The store sells mostly Magic and Pathfinder product, and he hosts a lot of the Meetups. He plays and runs a lot of Pathfinder, though his store doesn't specifically host PFS games that I know of.

Alright, I hope that was somewhat helpful. Now maybe you can whip us into shape and persuade us to report our events. At that, we suck.

Chad

Thanks for all the information Chad! That really helps me a bit as I get through all the stuff I need to get PFS launched in Lexington.

I regularly help out with the Tuesday gamedays at Amazing Wonders (I primarily use a Facebook page to help organize at that store at the moment as a short term thing), and I hope to launch Lexington PFS from that player base.

I think I might look into Lokkak as one of the stores we run regular games out of. I’ve been trying to get a pulse with my local player base to see where they would like to have regular gamedays at.

Unfortunately I already have plans for meeting with family on Sunday, so I’m afraid I cannot attend you barbecue. Hopefully I will be able to come one of your regular gamedays just to check out what you guys are up to. It is about a hour and half drive to Somerset for me. So I would not be able to make a regular thing out of it, but we can see how we can play with the cards we have been given.

Once I finally get my website up you guys will be more then free to use it to help organize gamedays.

Best of luck to you.

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32

Nicholas,

I'm glad the information was somewhat helpful.

I also forgot to mention that there's a small, annual convention at UK, I think in March of each year. My friend Steven ran a PFS session there last year. With proper planning, I'm sure we could provide you with several judges for that event-- 2-3 pretty easily.

I hope you had a good time with your family. We played The Goblinblood Dead. Playing up, it was fairly difficult. I didn't do a horrible job with the grilling, and Smallworld and Shadowrun were both a lot of fun too.

I'll check out your Facebook page and start trying to make some of the Tuesday games.

Chad

Andoran **

Always nice to hear about a new Venture Captain. and now I know where Lexington is.

I had based all my knowledge of it from the tv show, Justified :)

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32

Nicholas,

Could you provide some direction to the Facebook page you guys use for organizing PFS play in Lexington? I'd like to stay on top of which scenarios you guys are running.

Chad

***

Congrats Nick! We miss you down here in ATL, but we are glad KY got a great VC!

Cheliax **

PFS in Lex is looking for a new home, Amazing Wonders is closing Oct 20th. I believe D20(Lokkak) is interested in having us on Wednesdays. Hope to stop in there tonight and check the place out.


Alzared wrote:
PFS in Lex is looking for a new home, Amazing Wonders is closing Oct 20th. I believe D20(Lokkak) is interested in having us on Wednesdays. Hope to stop in there tonight and check the place out.

A+ Comics has a pretty nice location too and I think they would be happy to host some PFS action. I am new to the whole PFS scene myself but I would be interested in playing some.

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder Society® / General Discussion / Welcome to new Lexington, KY Venture-Captain All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.