I plan to have a massive extraplanar competition inside a Coliseum on my game soon. The premise is quite simple: the players need an item that happens to be the price.
I need competitors for the event and while I could make all of them, I'm asking for your help as I believe you can come up with quite the unique participants. The catch might sound stupid for some of you: I got a 6-player party, and I would like to conduct team battles, hence the extra help from you guys to make competitors.
Here are the criterias for the competitors:
- any race... or suitable monster, with any template if desired
- any class, any archetype and any prestige class if desired
- any alignment, depending on the class restriction, of course
- between CR 15 and 20 (yes, it's a high-level competition)
- starting wealth is equaled to the PC wealth amount for the chosen level
- any book is allowed
- statblock, description and a few lines about the general strategy he/she/it would use in a team battle.
- I'm currently running an Eberron campaign, but since the competition is extraplanar, or "interplanar", as well as being inside a demiplane with the Coliseum in question, competitors can come from anywhere, any setting, any plane.
Pretty straightforward. However, if you're using 3rd-party materials, please provide a link or reference of the book(s) you've used.
Like I said, I'll make competitors myself (not to be posted here though to avoid peeking from my players), but I would love it if I could get help from you guys. You can make teams or single entries too, no obligation in that department.
Thanks in advance... and don't be afraid to be creative.
How about a team of elite goblin bombers from Droaam? They could be the secret weapon from the Hags, only used rarely, when someone becomes too popular in the Droaamish fighting pits. They could be on the lower end of the lvl spectrum for what you want, but make up for lack of brute strength with canny tactics and bombs.
Extraplanar you say? Up to CR 20 you say? This would be my submission, stolen from Ashiel (who deserves mad props for it).
Basically, it's 4 Succubi, 4 Shadow Demons, 6 Nabasu, 2 Glabrezu, a Marilith, 15 Vrocks and 5 Dretch. Read Ashiel's post for their tactics.
That would be great as any kind of encounter, not just the Coliseum. I'll keep it in mind.