Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Goblinworks Blog: The Blog About Kickstarter


Pathfinder Online

1 to 50 of 122 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo Employee Paizo Glitterati Robot

Added discussion thread for Goblinworks Blog: The Blog About Kickstarter.

Goblin Squad Member

Woot! Thanks to everyone involved in getting this out to us today!

Goblin Squad Member

It looks like the Kickstarter page link is not working.

Paizo Employee Paizo Glitterati Robot

Delbin wrote:
It looks like the Kickstarter page link is not working.

I have just updated it. Refresh and it should work just fine. :)

Goblin Squad Member

Chris Lambertz wrote:
Delbin wrote:
It looks like the Kickstarter page link is not working.
I have just updated it. Refresh and it should work just fine. :)

There it is. Thanks.

Sovereign Court Goblin Squad Member

<------ Inaugural Member of the Goblin Squad!

/FLEX

Goblin Squad Member

I knew I put off submitting a video for too long.

Goblin Squad Member

What does the t-shirt look like?

Goblin Squad Member

Misere wrote:
What does the t-shirt look like?

I'll let you know when mine comes in ;)

Liberty's Edge Goblin Squad Member

And it's live!

After last night I've been checking in every hour hoping it'd go up today, I'm really glad it has.

.cast Summon Backer.

Liberty's Edge Goblin Squad Member

Stay on the Kickstarter page and hit refresh once a minute. The number just goes up and up...

Goblin Squad Member

Welp, seems like it's time to pitch in the 30 dollars to get in the squad.

[edit]: Done and done

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Nihimon wrote:
Misere wrote:
What does the t-shirt look like?
I'll let you know when mine comes in ;)

We'll let you know when it has been designed!


Does any of the pledge level guarantee any in-game perks?

Goblin Squad Member

Zahariel wrote:
Stay on the Kickstarter page and hit refresh once a minute. The number just goes up and up...

I wonder if Ryan & Co. are refreshing the Kickstarter page the same way I was refreshing the blog earlier today :)

Paizo Employee Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Nihimon wrote:
Zahariel wrote:
Stay on the Kickstarter page and hit refresh once a minute. The number just goes up and up...
I wonder if Ryan & Co. are refreshing the Kickstarter page the same way I was refreshing the blog earlier today :)

I'm not even involved in the project and I know I'm refreshing it. Then again, I have a fascination with watching these things, and do the same refreshing with projects I'm backing myself or ones I'm just interested in watching. It's a burgeoning spectator sport!

Goblinworks Founder

Nice up to 59 backers so far

Goblin Squad Member

Mark Moreland wrote:
Nihimon wrote:
Zahariel wrote:
Stay on the Kickstarter page and hit refresh once a minute. The number just goes up and up...
I wonder if Ryan & Co. are refreshing the Kickstarter page the same way I was refreshing the blog earlier today :)
I'm not even involved in the project and I know I'm refreshing it. Then again, I have a fascination with watching these things, and do the same refreshing with projects I'm backing myself or ones I'm just interested in watching. It's a burgeoning spectator sport!

I also like to refresh it since I want this thing to do well.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

andI wrote:
Does any of the pledge level guarantee any in-game perks?

Nope. We felt that that's not really appropriate when we're just looking to fund a technology demo at the moment. We'll certainly consider that sort of thing should we do funding for the full game, though!

Liberty's Edge Goblin Squad Member

I'll talk my gaming group into starting a book to see who guesses the day this gets funded. I say it happens before the week is over.

Goblinworks Executive Founder

Zahariel wrote:
I'll talk my gaming group into starting a book to see who guesses the day this gets funded. I say it happens before the week is over.

Depending on the financial resources of the members of your group, I could see one of them backing it at the key moment just to be right. I approve.

Paizo Employee CEO

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Woot! We are at 10% of funding already! :)

-Lisa

Goblin Squad Member

Question: nowhere in the donation process did it ask for my paizo.com account name. Just curious how does that gets connected to my forum account? Not that I'm worried as I used my Facebook account to log onto Kickstarter, so it will ultimately trace back to me, but I'm just wondering.

Goblin Squad Member

Lisa Stevens wrote:

Woot! We are at 10% of funding already! :)

-Lisa

Shows the dedication of the fans that the company has made hahaha :P

[Edit]

Blaeringr wrote:
Question: nowhere in the donation process did it ask for my paizo.com account name. Just curious how does that gets connected to my forum account? Not that I'm worried as I used my Facebook account to log onto Kickstarter, so it will ultimately trace back to me, but I'm just wondering.

Kinda wondering about that myself actually

Goblinworks Founder

They know... they always know... they are always watching... when you think you see something from the corner of your eye, but turn to see nothing... that was them... when someone blows out your birthday candle before you could.. that was them.

Goblin Squad Member

101! Nice :)

Liberty's Edge Goblin Squad Member

Blaeringr wrote:
Question: nowhere in the donation process did it ask for my paizo.com account name. Just curious how does that gets connected to my forum account? Not that I'm worried as I used my Facebook account to log onto Kickstarter, so it will ultimately trace back to me, but I'm just wondering.

Kickstarter allows polls to be sent out to backers, I guess they´ll send you a line asking for the email address you use to log in here.

Also, $6.7k! 72 hours, that's how long I think this will take!

Sovereign Court Goblin Squad Member

OH SNAP! Somebody just got one of the 5K spots!!!

Goblin Squad Member

Few hours in... 12k. NICE!

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Zahariel wrote:
Blaeringr wrote:
Question: nowhere in the donation process did it ask for my paizo.com account name. Just curious how does that gets connected to my forum account? Not that I'm worried as I used my Facebook account to log onto Kickstarter, so it will ultimately trace back to me, but I'm just wondering.
Kickstarter allows polls to be sent out to backers, I guess they´ll send you a line asking for the email address you use to log in here.

Yep. All that will happen after the kickstarter closes.

Goblinworks Executive Founder

Shut up and take my money.

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Be tellin' my grandkids one day about what it was like to be an initial member of the GOBLINSQUAD...

Goblin Squad Member

DeciusBrutus wrote:
Shut up and take my money.

Reminds me of...

Ryan Dancey wrote:
I used to think memes were cool, until I was shot in the knee.
Mbando wrote:
Be tellin' my grandkids one day about what it was like to be an initial member of the GOBLINSQUAD...

You and me both :)

Goblinworks Executive Founder

As an aside, I think that those people who stepped up and made videos when they were needed should get a different, better title/badge/recognition in addition to anything they get from helping to fund the tech demo.

Oh, and it's a little bit late, but it's over nine thousand. Just thought I'd make sure everyone knew that.

Goblin Squad Member

Well, we do have our names immortalized in the blog. I'm happy with that.


I've kind of never seen a kickstarter move this fast. To say MMO gamers are exhausted by the endless stream of theme parks is a massive understatement. Maybe this will wake up the investors.

Grand Lodge Goblinworks Founder

Nicely done with this week's blog and the Kickstarter. I am happy to pledge to the project.

Goblinworks Founder

Throws money at screen "here take it"

Sovereign Court Goblin Squad Member

"$1,000: You’ll be welcomed as part of a very small group of alpha playtesters in a closed playtest of Pathfinder Online."

Estimated Delivery: Jan 2013

So is it safe to say that Goblinworks is looking to Alpha Test PFO in Jan 2013?

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

@Kevin Cannell - no, but it is safe to say that we had to estimate a date. :)

Liberty's Edge Goblin Squad Member

35% in four hours. Awesome? I think so!

Goblinworks Executive Founder

Ryan Dancey wrote:
@Kevin Cannell - no, but it is safe to say that we had to estimate a date. :)

There's only so long you can make $50k last. I don't know what market rate is for good programmers and artists, but I think that it's far enough below the poverty line to drag out very long on that little.


I think in this case it's much less about the money raised, although certainly it'll help, and much more about the impact this will have in investor perception. When thousands of people throw money at an idea it's proven to have a market. That's just my impression though, I could be wrong.

Liberty's Edge Goblin Squad Member

@Marou_, I think you're on the right track. I think Backers don't replace investors, but rather give investors a not-too-subtle hint that this is a project worth putting their money into.

Silver Crusade Goblin Squad Member

I'll get at least a Goblin Squad title. I wish I had more to contribute...but right now, all I can offer is time. So, if you need an alpha/beta tester.....*HINT* :D


Ryan/Goblinworks: You guys should add a dollar tier. Sure, I'll get my Goblin Squad stuff, but I'm more invested. Just about every gamer I know would kick a dollar in if just to prove they believed in the concept of a fantasy sandbox MMO, even if they weren't sold that you guys can make the best one.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Zahariel wrote:
@Marou_, I think you're on the right track. I think Backers don't replace investors, but rather give investors a not-too-subtle hint that this is a project worth putting their money into.

This is indeed one of several key goals here. We've been telling investors that we already have an interested audience. This lets them see exactly and unquestionably *how* interested they are.

Goblin Squad Member

Awesome responce so far (almost at 20 K). $30 well spent IMHO.

Goblin Squad Member

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Maybe I'm weird or skittish, I'm actually relieved to see that the rewards aren't in-game, but are more concrete instead. At $50 I'd have only spent slightly more than a regular RPG book. A lot of the other levels look the same way.

The deal closer for me was the RPG wall in the video. It's cool to see so many editions of D&D and other games in Ryan's office. I think he gets "it".

Silver Crusade Goblin Squad Member

I've said it in the other thread, but I'll cross-post here:

I hope you've got stretch goals lined up and ready, because I'm preeetty sure we're going to blow the measly 50k goal right out of the water in three days, tops. ;)

1 to 50 of 122 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Paizo Licensed Products / Pathfinder Online / Goblinworks Blog: The Blog About Kickstarter All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.