Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Travel from SEA to Redmond


PaizoCon

Qadira

Pathfinder Campaign Setting Subscriber

Are there group shuttle buses that are available in the area to take in order to avoid a huge taxi charge to get out to Redmond? Renting a car seems kind of silly for me, since I don't see myself leaving the immediate area for the Con, and it seems like a taxi will cost like $60. We have these kind of ride share vans out this way, and wondered if there are any out there.

Thanks!

Designer, RPG Superstar Judge

I know they have such shuttles for getting to the airport. I don't know if any are for hire to transport people from Seattle to Redmond.

And fortunately, Seattle has a GREAT bus system. I live in Seattle, and there are several routes to Redmond which take 45-60 minutes (compared to driving, which is usually 30 mins).

Where are you staying in Seattle?

We should make sure this sort of bus info is available on the PaizoCon site...

Paizo Employee Associate Editor

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Public transit route planner: link! If the route says "Link," that's the light rail; there's a stop at the airport and you can buy tickets from a machine there. Bus fair you'll need to pay in cash (exact change) on the bus.

Shuttle Express is slightly cheaper than a taxi for door-to-door shared rides ($40 each way per person); alternatively they have once-per-hour drop-off and pickup at the Redmond Inn for $22, if you don't mind a 15-minute walk.

I believe closer to the con there are also ride-share threads for people arriving at Seatac at about the same time, which can bring a taxi or town car down to a more reasonable amount.

Qadira

Pathfinder Campaign Setting Subscriber

Thanks to both of you. I'm actually flying in to SeaTac and coming straight to the hotel from the airport most likely (unless I can time a trip to Mike's Amazing Cakes before hand). So I'll take a look at the once-per-hour shuttle or maybe the Shuttle Express. Thanks again!

Taldor

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Grolick wrote:
Thanks to both of you. I'm actually flying in to SeaTac and coming straight to the hotel from the airport most likely (unless I can time a trip to Mike's Amazing Cakes before hand). So I'll take a look at the once-per-hour shuttle or maybe the Shuttle Express. Thanks again!

Keep an eye on the messageboards closer to the event. There will be shared ride threads popping up. If you can combine your ride to the hotel with several others, it can be pretty cheap to get from point A to point B.

Andoran

Thanks as well, the hubby and I are coming in to SeaTac and neither of us drive. Valuable info!


Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

As an FYI, I'm flying in to SeaTac, staying at a friends house in Seattle, then borrowing their car Friday through Sunday, driving from Seattle to the hotel/con. If anyone else (up to 1-2 others) are staying in Seattle and are somewhat conveniently located between where I'll be and on the way to the con, I would be happy to drive you (no gas fare needed.) Only requirement is you must be freshly showered when I pick you up and deliver to me at least one piece of fresh fruit of some form each morning and a can or bottle of Coke Zero at some point during the day :)


jreyst wrote:
As an FYI, I'm flying in to SeaTac, staying at a friends house in Seattle, then borrowing their car Friday through Sunday, driving from Seattle to the hotel/con. If anyone else (up to 1-2 others) are staying in Seattle and are somewhat conveniently located between where I'll be and on the way to the con, I would be happy to drive you (no gas fare needed.) Only requirement is you must be freshly showered when I pick you up and deliver to me at least one piece of fresh fruit of some form each morning and a can or bottle of Coke Zero at some point during the day :)

Not sure if I am staying at my sisters in Marysville (just north and closest) or my sister-in-laws in Graham (just south). If so and this is convenient I would love this. If I happen to be on the other side of your local I would still love to car pool & can drive.

The cherries might even been ripe by then :)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I'm arriving via the Clipper ferry from Victoria, and since I was too late to get a room in the Con hotel, I am at the Redmond Inn, which I understand isn't too far off... All that being said, i can get there via Sound Transit, and it appears that the Seattle transit system is pretty solid.

Andoran

1 person marked this as a favorite.
jreyst wrote:
If anyone else (up to 1-2 others) are staying in Seattle and are somewhat conveniently located between where I'll be and on the way to the con, I would be happy to drive you (no gas fare needed.)

I'm currently located in Walingford/ University District & currently have a whole flat of strawberries/rainier cherries... which may or may not get turned into pie by my amazing wife by the time of the con.

Just throwing that out there.

Paizo Employee Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Throw that pie INTO MY MOUTH!


You can get from the airport to the town center by light rail and express bus. Use the King County Metro Trip Planner it is $5.25 cash ($2.75 + $2.50 exact change required) or $2.75 if you use an Orca card (which has an initial outlay of $5).

If you're planning on using public transportation for more than just to the hotel and back to the airport, buy an Orca card. It reduces the overall fare as the transit system does not use transfers here.


Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

In response to any of the posters above who were (or are still) interested in driving together, I will be driving from Seattle to Redmond early Friday morning then returning back to Seattle in the evening (and again Saturday but returning to Seattle earlier on Sunday).

If you want to hitch a ride PM or email me (jreyst@gmail.com.)

Note that you'll have to figure out if you're located in a spot conveniently accessible by me or not. In other words look at the map, find Seattle, find Redmond, find where you are. If you're within 5-10 minutes of me hopping off of a freeway I'll come get you but beyond that its kind of not gonna happen. Also, there may be days when I may be heading back to Seattle earlier or later than you so don't always count on me for sure as your ride. I don't want you to be put out if I have to (or want to) head out to go sight-seeing or meet someone etc.

Since time's short, as I said, PM or email me if you want a ride.

Edit Clarifying edit to indicate that this ride offer is also open Saturday morning/evening and Sunday morning/afternoon (I have to head back to Seattle earlier on Sunday to make flight.)


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Judy Bauer wrote:

Public transit route planner: link! If the route says "Link," that's the light rail; there's a stop at the airport and you can buy tickets from a machine there. Bus fair you'll need to pay in cash (exact change) on the bus.

Shuttle Express is slightly cheaper than a taxi for door-to-door shared rides ($40 each way per person); alternatively they have once-per-hour drop-off and pickup at the Redmond Inn for $22, if you don't mind a 15-minute walk.

I believe closer to the con there are also ride-share threads for people arriving at Seatac at about the same time, which can bring a taxi or town car down to a more reasonable amount.

Hey, that's a useful link. Thanks!

Cheliax

Great Info....It will get used for sure! "Exact Change". See you at PaizoCon!

Andoran

Be advised there is no "public transportation" that let's you off closer than a half mile from the hotel.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I'm getting .3 miles, but yeah. You are basically walking point three miles for $35

Andoran RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

We looked around and it was cheaper, even with hotel parking fees, to rent an economy car from Fox at Seatac and just drive.

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / PaizoCon / Travel from SEA to Redmond All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in PaizoCon

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.