Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Rappan Athuk


Compatible Products from Other Publishers

1,851 to 1,900 of 2,187 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

D20 pro map comments: it would be great if the words, number could be scrubbed off the maps. As long as the title of the map file mimics the book that is fine. Again, I cannot tell you how much these files are incredibly helpful!


I've been thinking about the weird correlation between high-lethality settings and high-level content.

You would think that in a game style where PCs die a lot, reaching high level - or even mid level (6-8) - would be rare. If half of PCs die before level 4, and then attrition in the mid-levels is about 10 per cent per level, only a very small fraction of PCs would reach 10th or higher. A 12th level character has beaten extraordinary odds, and left a half-dozen or so fallen PCs per player behind him.

Given this fairly straightforward statistical reality, wouldn't most of the content in a highly-lethal campaign be geared towards low to mid-level play, as those are the levels the group would spend the greater part of its time at?

With respect to RA, if the 10th level and beyond of the dungeon represents the narrow peak of a pyramid of playing time, where's the broad base of content to support the time and advancement necessary to reach the peak? I know RA is based on a real campaign by Bill Webb. Does he have binders of content for the low to mid-level play that supported RA?

In my D&D group, going on for 30+ years now, we also have high body counts. Making it to 5th level is an achievement. There's a greater than 50/50 chance of a TPK at some point in levels 1-6, and a non-negligible chance of one at each level thereafter. So the great bulk of content I've used - published material and home-brewed - has been for levels 1-6. Even when we were kids playing D&D three times a week, it took us three years to get a party high enough level to tackle the G-series.

So I guess I'm trying to square the circle of lethal gameplay and a disproportionate amount of high-level content.


Elorebaen wrote:
FGG, please give us a fair warning before the subscriptins become unavailable. Thanks!

I second this. I got the RA sub through the kickstarter, but haven't subbed for Cyclopean Deep yet. Would hate to miss out, so advance warning would be hugely appreciated :-)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

@Haffrung, that applies if you get a lot of TPKs. In my old school style slaughter-fests the PCs did a lot of running away and normally only lost a couple of their number at a time. They'd never get into a fight with no out and the trap-paranoia was massive. Thus new PCs were introduced continuously, things like TSar help that with a ton of NPCs scattered around for players to take over.
We'd normally play a stable of PCs and have retainers etc, all of which continue the campaign. So the party endures even if the individuals don't. And once you got to those higher levels the revolving door of death comes into play and PCs come back. Also the dying rate slows with level, the buffer of HPs etc help. Although save-or-die is still there obviously.
So this game is designed to be played for years, with a group of players, not so much a group of PCs.


When someone dies do you have them make a new character at APL or what?

RPG Superstar 2011 Top 16

I figure there has to be some sort of penalty otherwise you get into speciality cycling. Dunno what exactly though.

Layout and Design, Frog God Games

Rappan Athuk is fairly unforgiving all on its own. I don't know that the players need to incur a penalty. Simply say "You can't re-build the same character".


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Grimmy wrote:
When someone dies do you have them make a new character at APL or what?

Normally one below the lowest levelled PC, and they don't get a the full choice of magic items, there is some randomness to it


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
mach1.9pants wrote:

@Haffrung, that applies if you get a lot of TPKs. In my old school style slaughter-fests the PCs did a lot of running away and normally only lost a couple of their number at a time. They'd never get into a fight with no out and the trap-paranoia was massive. Thus new PCs were introduced continuously, things like TSar help that with a ton of NPCs scattered around for players to take over.

We'd normally play a stable of PCs and have retainers etc, all of which continue the campaign. So the party endures even if the individuals don't. And once you got to those higher levels the revolving door of death comes into play and PCs come back. Also the dying rate slows with level, the buffer of HPs etc help. Although save-or-die is still there obviously.
So this game is designed to be played for years, with a group of players, not so much a group of PCs.

Mach1, I get where you're coming from, and I've run campaigns like that, but in the end they feel...souless. No heart. I much prefer to GM campaigns where players create PCs with in-depth backgrounds and roleplaying hooks that I can use as the GM to create unique NPCs and items in a pre-built adventure like RA. However, on meatgrinder adventures like RA there needs to be additional means of bringing characters back from the dead, since it's pretty much assured that there will be character death. Usually my groups are smart enough for everyone to chip in to buy a scroll of raise dead and hope that someone in the party can get it off in a dungeon environment.

Now, having said that, there has to be the threat of failure. I draw the line at total party kills (TPKs). When the whole party wipes, or just a single guy survives, I leave the option up to the party about how to continue. I'm not going to just wave my GM wand and apply some deus ex machina malarky to bring back 4 of 5 or 5 of 5 toons.

Nothing against your take on it though, there are times where it can be fun to roll through a bunch of different character builds in the same campaign. To each their own.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

It is a good point that it is not a style for those that really want to invest and get into a character. I have never played that way and our RPing is a lot of banter and silliness, we don't take RP seriously and our PCs less so. Even in CoC it is pretty light hearted in the face of unspeakable horrors! One day I might end up with a bunch that plays like that and see how it goes, but I have never been part of a pure RP heavy group.

Publisher, Frog God Games

Haffrung wrote:

I've been thinking about the weird correlation between high-lethality settings and high-level content.

You would think that in a game style where PCs die a lot, reaching high level - or even mid level (6-8) - would be rare. If half of PCs die before level 4, and then attrition in the mid-levels is about 10 per cent per level, only a very small fraction of PCs would reach 10th or higher. A 12th level character has beaten extraordinary odds, and left a half-dozen or so fallen PCs per player behind him.

Given this fairly straightforward statistical reality, wouldn't most of the content in a highly-lethal campaign be geared towards low to mid-level play, as those are the levels the group would spend the greater part of its time at?

With respect to RA, if the 10th level and beyond of the dungeon represents the narrow peak of a pyramid of playing time, where's the broad base of content to support the time and advancement necessary to reach the peak? I know RA is based on a real campaign by Bill Webb. Does he have binders of content for the low to mid-level play that supported RA?

In my D&D group, going on for 30+ years now, we also have high body counts. Making it to 5th level is an achievement. There's a greater than 50/50 chance of a TPK at some point in levels 1-6, and a non-negligible chance of one at each level thereafter. So the great bulk of content I've used - published material and home-brewed - has been for levels 1-6. Even when we were kids playing D&D three times a week, it took us three years to get a party high enough level to tackle the G-series.

So I guess I'm trying to square the circle of lethal gameplay and a disproportionate amount of high-level content.

Yes--the subscription will include much low level material


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pawns Subscriber

I'm curious - looking over the FGG website I see:

Rappan Athuk (pathfinder version)
(S&S versions)
Subscription (pathfinder version)

Then on the necromacer games link there is 'Rappan Athuk Reloaded - big price difference...

However I guess I'm not sure I understand what the differences are between the products...


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Rappan Athuk Reloaded is the old 3.5 box set; which is available as a PoD softcover and softcover map book too

So Rappan Athuk has:
1. RA1, RA2, RA3 books in 3.0
2. Rappan Athuk Reloaded in 3.5 (limited edition box set of 1000) and PoD now
3. Rappan Athuk hardcover in Pathfinder and Swords and Wizardry

make sense?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pawns Subscriber
mach1.9pants wrote:

Rappan Athuk Reloaded is the old 3.5 box set; which is available as a PoD softcover and softcover map book too

So Rappan Athuk has:
1. RA1, RA2, RA3 books in 3.0
2. Rappan Athuk Reloaded in 3.5 (limited edition box set of 1000) and PoD now
3. Rappan Athuk hardcover in Pathfinder and Swords and Wizardry

make sense?

I think so lol - if I am only interested in the pathfinder version will it be missing out on something (other than the 'golden ticket' (I'm not sure what that is))

I just want to figure out what the extra 400 bucks is getting you I suppose.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Well anything that is limited edition has the extra value, it is a collectors item. I think the going rate on Ebay has gone down from 500 now, if only for already opened ones. But the content in the hardcover is not lacking in any way (there is more) but no big fold out maps. The back of the hardcover has to mini scale maps of most of the areas. But they are all only book size, obviously!

But there is a Battlemaps supplement available too

RA Supplements

EDIT: Just to confirm these are the same maps in the hardcover, just as a standalone supp


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pawns Subscriber

Thanks - so were I to get the PDF or Hardcover I should have everything - which is what I was hoping.

Does anyone know how the map supplement is? A selection of maps - laminated? The battlemaps seem underpriced if they are complete.

Shadow Lodge

Ckorik wrote:

I'm curious - looking over the FGG website I see:

Rappan Athuk (pathfinder version)
(S&S versions)
Subscription (pathfinder version)

Then on the necromacer games link there is 'Rappan Athuk Reloaded - big price difference...

However I guess I'm not sure I understand what the differences are between the products...

Rappan Athuk was first published as set of three softcover 3.0 modules, that described a very large (27 levels) megadungeon. Later, it was expanded to become a full boxed set, (Rappan Athuk Reloaded, compatible with 3.5), with 6 more levels added, and a description of the surrounding areas.

The current incarnation is a hardcover book, available in both the Pathfinder and Swords & Wizardry systems. The added a lot more information about the areas around the dungeon, including the Cloister of the Frog, a smaller dungeon that can warm players up for tackling Rappan Athuk itself (or TPK them, depending on their luck). It also adds another 16 levels to Rappan Athuk itself, for a total of 49 levels in the main dungeon (plus a 50th bonus level that only Kickstarter backers of a certain level or higher recieved).

There are also some upcoming expansions:

The Rappan Athuk subscription will be a further expansion to the dungeon in the form of 6 additional levels. It's going to be released as single levels PDFs approximately every two months, and then collected into a hardcover compilation after they have all been released.

Finally, there is the Underdark below the actual dungeon proper. This is covered in Cyclopean Deeps, offered as a subscription with two hardcover books to follow (each containing 6 levels of the Underdark below Rappan Athuk).

That enough dungeon for ya?

tl;dr version:
Give FGG your $$$.

Shadow Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Chuck Wright wrote:
Rappan Athuk is fairly unforgiving all on its own. I don't know that the players need to incur a penalty. Simply say "You can't re-build the same character".

I hide behind the pile of dead bards!


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Ckorik wrote:
Does anyone know how the map supplement is? A selection of maps - laminated? The battlemaps seem underpriced if they are complete.

They arent laminated and arent complete.

In my view they range in usefulness from quite to not very. Because they're in a book and each page has a white border, those areas spread over more than one page arent terribly useful, in my view. I wish I'd picked up some extras, in retrospect, so I could cut them up. (Alternately, if they'd come unstapled and with minimal borders I think the value would have been higher, for me at least).

Shadow Lodge

Steve - IIRC, you're very PDF-a-phobic, right? But c'mon, the battlemaps are something that is going to be MUCH more useful as a PDF that you can continually reprint than it will as the book that came in the big box.

I was a little disappointed in them...I had thought that the "Book of Maps" was going to be a complete set of the level maps, wilderness maps, etc. Not that it's THAT big of a deal...since the PDF didn't have any (noticeable) security, I was able to create a PDF file that included all the maps I would have wanted to see in the book if I had designed it.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pawns Subscriber

I was actually talking about the 'battlemap' version - they claim to be laminated but I'm unsure if they are meant to be inclusive or not. (on the FGG website under Rappan Athuk they are under the 'swag' category


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Ckorik wrote:
I was actually talking about the 'battlemap' version - they claim to be laminated but I'm unsure if they are meant to be inclusive or not. (on the FGG website under Rappan Athuk they are under the 'swag' category

Ah that is something different. One side is a blank square laminated map with the FGG logo on it; the other has a large scale map of the area above the dungeon.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Kthulhu wrote:

Steve - IIRC, you're very PDF-a-phobic, right? But c'mon, the battlemaps are something that is going to be MUCH more useful as a PDF that you can continually reprint than it will as the book that came in the big box.

I was a little disappointed in them...I had thought that the "Book of Maps" was going to be a complete set of the level maps, wilderness maps, etc. Not that it's THAT big of a deal...since the PDF didn't have any (noticeable) security, I was able to create a PDF file that included all the maps I would have wanted to see in the book if I had designed it.

Yeah, I made my own map folio too (around 90 pages from memory :p). First time I can remember being truly glad to have the PDF of a product.

You're right that I was speaking about the printed version. It seemed to me that the preferred digital version would be the d20pro? (somethingpro?) files that are on the way. I didnt personally get much value out of the printed book. Though it turns out it was the laminated one he was referring to anyhow.

Shadow Lodge

What I'm suggesting is using the PDF of the battle map book...you'll feel much less loath to cut way the borders and tape the sheets together if you're doing so in a bunch of sheets you printed out than on a professionally printed book. (Plus they're easier to deal with than trying to tear the book up.)

Use the book for reference. Use the PDF printouts for actual use in play.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Yeah, there is that (i hope i wouldve thought of that before i pulled the book apart). I dont know that i need a book of battlemats for reference though.


Steve Geddes wrote:
Kthulhu wrote:
Steve - IIRC, you're very PDF-a-phobic, right? But c'mon, the battlemaps are something that is going to be MUCH more useful as a PDF that you can continually reprint than it will as the book that came in the big box.
You're right that I was speaking about the printed version. It seemed to me that the preferred digital version would be the d20pro? (somethingpro?) files that are on the way. I didnt personally get much value out of the printed book. Though it turns out it was the laminated one he was referring to anyhow.

Good news, we should have levels Ground - 6 out soon on D20Pro. Just finishing up some final touches and testing. I hope you guys are finding these useful.

Layout and Design, Frog God Games

Blonde Frog wrote:
Steve Geddes wrote:
Kthulhu wrote:
Steve - IIRC, you're very PDF-a-phobic, right? But c'mon, the battlemaps are something that is going to be MUCH more useful as a PDF that you can continually reprint than it will as the book that came in the big box.
You're right that I was speaking about the printed version. It seemed to me that the preferred digital version would be the d20pro? (somethingpro?) files that are on the way. I didnt personally get much value out of the printed book. Though it turns out it was the laminated one he was referring to anyhow.
Good news, we should have levels Ground - 6 out soon on D20Pro. Just finishing up some final touches and testing. I hope you guys are finding these useful.

A small translation for Blonde Frog here.

"I hope you guys find these things useful."

More than likely translates loosely too...

"I'm working my butt off on these things and my head's about to explode, so if you don't like them I just may hunt you down and murder you."

But I'm paraphrasing here, I'm sure.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Well I brought D20Pro to see these so, yeah pretty good for me :D

Just picked up S+W version too , from NobleKnight, cos I need that black book on my collection


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Blonde Frog wrote:


Good news, we should have levels Ground - 6 out soon on D20Pro. Just finishing up some final touches and testing. I hope you guys are finding these useful.

BF,

All I can say is, your work on the d20Pro RA maps is beyond anything that I've seen from any rpg product developer in terms of electronic product support, and that includes Paizo or WotC. What you've done, by providing the maps and tokens in d20Pro-ready-for-import format, is basically created a dream scenario for me and the other GM of our home campaign.
Using your maps/tokens, we are now back to only having to do the same prep work that we would have to do if we were gaming face-to-face. We're used to having to burn up hours and hours of time between sessions getting the maps and tokens ready ON TOP OF the required reading/tweaking that all GMs have to do in order to prep an adventure.
I can tell you this, my wife and kids sure as heck appreciate your efforts, since they aren't seeing dad stapled to his computer working on the d20Pro maps and tokens. When they ask why I'm not needing so much time on the computer now, I just tell them:

'Thank the Blond Frog'.

...and then I need to spend more time explaining that to my wife. But still, from the bottom of my group's (and my family's) heart:

THANKS!

P.S. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'd pay extra for a separate download of future products that included this type of product support (d20Pro maps/tokens) from ANY publisher! Yeah, it probably means contracting this work out long term (so you don't go bonkers) but my gut says you could still turn this into a profit if you charged separately for them...


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber
Dr. Johnny Fever wrote:
Blonde Frog wrote:


Good news, we should have levels Ground - 6 out soon on D20Pro. Just finishing up some final touches and testing. I hope you guys are finding these useful.

BF,

All I can say is, your work on the d20Pro RA maps is beyond anything that I've seen from any rpg product developer in terms of electronic product support, and that includes Paizo or WotC. What you've done, by providing the maps and tokens in d20Pro-ready-for-import format, is basically created a dream scenario for me and the other GM of our home campaign.
Using your maps/tokens, we are now back to only having to do the same prep work that we would have to do if we were gaming face-to-face. We're used to having to burn up hours and hours of time between sessions getting the maps and tokens ready ON TOP OF the required reading/tweaking that all GMs have to do in order to prep an adventure.
I can tell you this, my wife and kids sure as heck appreciate your efforts, since they aren't seeing dad stapled to his computer working on the d20Pro maps and tokens. When they ask why I'm not needing so much time on the computer now, I just tell them:

'Thank the Blond Frog'.

...and then I need to spend more time explaining that to my wife. But still, from the bottom of my group's (and my family's) heart:

THANKS!

P.S. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'd pay extra for a separate download of future products that included this type of product support (d20Pro maps/tokens) from ANY publisher! Yeah, it probably means contracting this work out long term (so you don't go bonkers) but my gut says you could still turn this into a profit if you charged separately for them...

+100!!

Publisher, Frog God Games

Yeah--I was not truly happy w/ the battle maps--the intended use was to be able to copy/use them w/ out having to laboriously fold the main book; we have made better products than the map book. I was pretty pleased w/ the rest of the stuff.

Heck; not all my ideas work:)


I don't even understand what the ones in the back of the hardcover are for since they aren't even miniature scale. Same with the lami battle mat of the mausoleum.

Sorry for the negativity I'm having a blast with RA just can not for the life of me figure out why we need battle maps at the wrong scale for battle, with DM only info not even removed from them (see area 1a-4 part 2).


1 person marked this as a favorite.

if there is a second printing, even if not, I think the pdf should be updated to include an appendix of player's maps made from d20pro maps. This would allow the option to export the maps into any virtual game space including Paizo's upcoming offering.

Right now, the d20pro maps are locked from export, which I understand. However, since I have a 30 inch monitor, I can screen grab it at fairly good resolution. Since I use d20pro, this isn't a problem but others (meaning future customers) may not wish to spend $30+the cost of Rappan Athuk d20pro maps.

Personally, I feel all adventures/modules in this modern age should be bundled with pdfs that include both a GM and a Player's Map. In fact for me, the usefulness of the printed copy has become greatly diminished. If I just had the RA printed copy without the pdf and d20pro maps, I don't think I could run it due to the complexity of the cartography.

While waiting for completion of d20pro maps (thank you so much for your work on this, Rachel), I am completely reworking the pdf for later printing for play. Removing the art, separating the maps, changing stat blocks, adding errata (S&W version has significantly more than the Pf version), adding art into a illustrations section like Tomb of Horrors, and renumbering the pages. The white space from the lack of art allows notes to be written during play; no one wants to write in their faux-leather hardcopy.

So, the printing copy looks good on my bookshelf and have enjoying reading it but it has limited use in actually playing my game.


I just got the PDFs and, as a relatively new GM, the map of the Blood Ways make me want to cry.

Pathfinder Rules Conversion, Frog God Games

Joanna Swiftblade wrote:
I just got the PDFs and, as a relatively new GM, the map of the Blood Ways make me want to cry.

that's not because you're new, never fear.

I would have cried too, if I had any tears left

SG


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Speaking of crying is it strange to leak tears of joy whilst sniffing my leather copy?

Publisher, Frog God Games

The battle map book is mini scale


I'll pick them up then, at least the PDF.

I may even buy D20pro just to check out those files, if they are going to be available to non-backers.

Publisher, Frog God Games

d20 pro will be for sale as soon as its complete


Hey guys, so i'm a new DM and i posted (a few pages back) Asking if anyone had a 'RA for dummies'

Well i was thinking of making one, at least to get players and GMs started off for the first 5 levels or so. Referencing pages and encounters that you can throw at the players in a good order to NOT TPK your party. My question is this: What CAN i say and what CAN'T i say? Of course i will leave images out, stat blocks out, and tables ect. ect. leaving the technical things aside, is this covered by the OGL?

In my group i was going to have a venerable Cleric of Pharasma request help from the pathfinder society, The Pathfinder Society would send over a handful of pathfinders which would all be player characters. The Cleric would resurrect all the PCs that died because he knows that these are the only people crazy enough to actually take on this mission, there won't be any more. as the players get higher and higher in level the Cleric conveniently "Starts to run out of funds" and will only Resurrect at a discounted price.

Any extra pathfinder's sent over would be extra PCs if the players wanted to swap out.


mach1.9pants wrote:
Speaking of crying is it strange to leak tears of joy whilst sniffing my leather copy?

Nope. I almost got a few drops on my own copy today. Copy number 205 and signed by... well I cant actually read the signature but it starts with an R.

I look forward to watching my party struggle.

Shadow Lodge

Joanna Swiftblade wrote:
mach1.9pants wrote:
Speaking of crying is it strange to leak tears of joy whilst sniffing my leather copy?

Nope. I almost got a few drops on my own copy today. Copy number 205 and signed by... well I cant actually read the signature but it starts with an R.

I look forward to watching my party struggle.

Rill Webb? :P


Ah, it's Bill Webb. The B looks funny. Good to know! Two more days until I start up this meatgrinder!

Layout and Design, Frog God Games

If your signature is legible, then he didn't sign it. ;)


Chuck Wright wrote:
Blonde Frog wrote:
Steve Geddes wrote:
Kthulhu wrote:
Steve - IIRC, you're very PDF-a-phobic, right? But c'mon, the battlemaps are something that is going to be MUCH more useful as a PDF that you can continually reprint than it will as the book that came in the big box.
You're right that I was speaking about the printed version. It seemed to me that the preferred digital version would be the d20pro? (somethingpro?) files that are on the way. I didnt personally get much value out of the printed book. Though it turns out it was the laminated one he was referring to anyhow.
Good news, we should have levels Ground - 6 out soon on D20Pro. Just finishing up some final touches and testing. I hope you guys are finding these useful.

A small translation for Blonde Frog here.

"I hope you guys find these things useful."

More than likely translates loosely too...

"I'm working my butt off on these things and my head's about to explode, so if you don't like them I just may hunt you down and murder you."

But I'm paraphrasing here, I'm sure.

Chuck, you know me so well!


Dr. Johnny Fever wrote:
Blonde Frog wrote:


Good news, we should have levels Ground - 6 out soon on D20Pro. Just finishing up some final touches and testing. I hope you guys are finding these useful.

BF,

All I can say is, your work on the d20Pro RA maps is beyond anything that I've seen from any rpg product developer in terms of electronic product support, and that includes Paizo or WotC. What you've done, by providing the maps and tokens in d20Pro-ready-for-import format, is basically created a dream scenario for me and the other GM of our home campaign.
Using your maps/tokens, we are now back to only having to do the same prep work that we would have to do if we were gaming face-to-face. We're used to having to burn up hours and hours of time between sessions getting the maps and tokens ready ON TOP OF the required reading/tweaking that all GMs have to do in order to prep an adventure.
I can tell you this, my wife and kids sure as heck appreciate your efforts, since they aren't seeing dad stapled to his computer working on the d20Pro maps and tokens. When they ask why I'm not needing so much time on the computer now, I just tell them:

'Thank the Blond Frog'.

...and then I need to spend more time explaining that to my wife. But still, from the bottom of my group's (and my family's) heart:

THANKS!

P.S. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'd pay extra for a separate download of future products that included this type of product support (d20Pro maps/tokens) from ANY publisher! Yeah, it probably means contracting this work out long term (so you don't go bonkers) but my gut says you could still turn this into a profit if you charged separately for them...

LOL, Awesome!


Grimmy wrote:

I'll pick them up then, at least the PDF.

I may even buy D20pro just to check out those files, if they are going to be available to non-backers.

The first two adventure paths are available for sale to non backers on D20Pro now. I have more to release but Hero Lab and D20Pro are doing some updates to their systems and I need to wait for the new versions before I can finalize the next few packs. The est date for that is the 21st. They will be available for sale as they become live.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Hey Blonde Frog, I sent an email about the d20Pro and was told my details were passed to d20Pro. My username for d20 is machpants but they both still say they cost gold to get hold of (I did the 250$ KS pledge). Who do I need to chase?


i was looking at d20 pro and the maps that are availible now, i was wondering if either started with the Mouth of Doom? I was really interested in picking it up, but im debating whether $30 for just 2 packs is worth it as well as the cost to start up d20.


Chuck Wright wrote:
Macharius wrote:
There's also an issue of the Bookmarks not "nesting" properly for Levels 6 through 10C in the PF version.<snip>
Thanks for pointing it out, Macharius, I'll get it fixed and out to the correct people as soon as I can. (Keep in mind that the correct person to get the new one up is at GenCon, though. :D )

Has the hosted PDF version been updated for corrections? I re-downloaded on November 7, and the Pathfinder-version bookmark issue was still present.

1,851 to 1,900 of 2,187 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder RPG / Compatible Products from Other Publishers / Rappan Athuk All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.