Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

[Open Design] Help create a legend! -- the spring project is here


Compatible Products from Other Publishers

51 to 100 of 152 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

I have been in Midgard, Journeys to the West (Midgard's ocean exploration project) and now Tales of Midgard or Mythology Anthology :) Lots of fun and great learning for anybody who wants to learn to write stories, write gaming adventures for your friends and for people who want to buy :) and just for self improvement :) Or just for fun :) I have learned allot of things about self, gaming, writing and mythology :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Nic's involvement has led to me signing up for my very first Kickstarter (and Open Design) project. :-)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Joseph Wilson wrote:
Nic's involvement has led to me signing up for my very first Kickstarter (and Open Design) project. :-)

Feel kind of dumb asking, but as a newbie to these things, how/where do I gain access to the project's forums? Do they exist yet?

I tried clicking the link posted in the update section of the project for a poll in the open design forums and it just said that post doesn't exist. I seem to be missing some key, probably obvious, piece of intel...

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Joseph Wilson wrote:

Feel kind of dumb asking, but as a newbie to these things, how/where do I gain access to the project's forums? Do they exist yet?

I tried clicking the link posted in the update section of the project for a poll in the open design forums and it just said that post doesn't exist. I seem to be missing some key, probably obvious, piece of intel...

You just have to wait a day or two for Open Design to add you to the private sections of their forums as a project patron.

Contributor

Yorgi wrote:
Joseph Wilson wrote:

Feel kind of dumb asking, but as a newbie to these things, how/where do I gain access to the project's forums? Do they exist yet?

I tried clicking the link posted in the update section of the project for a poll in the open design forums and it just said that post doesn't exist. I seem to be missing some key, probably obvious, piece of intel...

You just have to wait a day or two for Open Design to add you to the private sections of their forums as a project patron.

Yeah, please give it a day or so. Wolfgang's been swamped, so he likely hasn't had a chance to get you set up yet! But, welcome to the project!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
ChristinaStiles wrote:


Yeah, please give it a day or so. Wolfgang's been swamped, so he likely hasn't had a chance to get you set up yet! But, welcome to the project!

No worries, I was just curious how it works. Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing this thing take shape!

Contributor

Getting very close to those extra pages! Please help spread the news about this project!

Qadira Contributor; Publisher, Kobold Press; RPG Superstar Judge

Worth adding to Joseph's comment: If you don't want to participate in the behind-the-scenes elements, the first couple rewards are just the basic PDF support or the PDF and a pile of extra goodies.

Also, we're about $250 away from adding another 32 pages to this project, making it a 192-page book, plus a 32-page supplement and a great set of 1" scale battlemaps.

The deal keeps getting better, but only for 12 more days. No matter when you sign up, if the project hits the next goal, you get the extra materials.

EDIT TO ADD: I do want to sweeten the $150 deal a bit. If you have ideas (character naming, your face used for art reference in an illustration, something else), let me know what you'd like to see!

Contributor

We are getting oh so close! Let's add 32 pages to this adventure anthology, folks!


And we made it! Every backer gets 224 pages of Midgard Tales goodness!

So, if you want to be part of the Midgard Tales kickstarter, lets see if we can reach the next stretch goal of 16 extra pages of art handouts OR gods forbid, the ultimate funding goal - a 16 page standalone Wolfgang Baur written adventure, "The Raven's Call"!!!

We've got Nic Logue and Richard Pett pitching in with lead designers Christina Stiles, Ben McFarland and Wolfgang Baur!

Midgard Tales kickstarter


I'm interested in this project but the rank I'm interested in is sold out. Is that final?

I see you made your 15,000 goal. Congratulations. I was going to put you over.

Contributor

AndrewMitchell wrote:

I'm interested in this project but the rank I'm interested in is sold out. Is that final?

I see you made your 15,000 goal. Congratulations. I was going to put you over.

We might be able to open a slot! Let me check with the Overlord!


ChristinaStiles wrote:
AndrewMitchell wrote:

I'm interested in this project but the rank I'm interested in is sold out. Is that final?

I see you made your 15,000 goal. Congratulations. I was going to put you over.

We might be able to open a slot! Let me check with the Overlord!

I'd like $250, but I will do $150 if he says no.

PS. I like the broader level range.

Contributor

AndrewMitchell wrote:
ChristinaStiles wrote:
AndrewMitchell wrote:

I'm interested in this project but the rank I'm interested in is sold out. Is that final?

I see you made your 15,000 goal. Congratulations. I was going to put you over.

We might be able to open a slot! Let me check with the Overlord!

I'd like $250, but I will do $150 if he says no.

PS. I like the broader level range.

Andrew, I've sent Wolfgang an inquiry about adding a Legend slot (possibly a few). One of us will respond back here.


Cool. Thank you very much!


@Christina: I know a couple of people who backed at Archmage level expressed an interest in the Legend tier, but had missed out - you might want to give backers advance warning if you guys are expanding the tiers... :)


I hope a couple slots will be opened up then. I'm the one who asked. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

W00t! Now for more art and work for the overlord!

Contributor

Oceanshieldwolf wrote:
@Christina: I know a couple of people who backed at Archmage level expressed an interest in the Legend tier, but had missed out - you might want to give backers advance warning if you guys are expanding the tiers... :)

Good point. I hadn't realized we had several interested. I haven't heard back from Wolfgang yet. Do you have any idea how many were interested?

Contributor

It's a no-go on adding more Legends. Sorry.

Contributor

Out of curiosity, what would entice more folks to sign up at the Vizier level? Should there be a level in between legend and vizier?


ChristinaStiles wrote:
It's a no-go on adding more Legends. Sorry.

Its okay. I signed up as an archmage.

Qadira Contributor; Publisher, Kobold Press; RPG Superstar Judge

Thank you! And now, of course, one of the Legends seats has opened up. Watched pot and all that.

Also, we're closing in on the next goal, which would net the backers a book of "you see this" art to show off to players. I always find handouts helpful, and art especially. Heck, in Ye Olde Days I kept a file of magazine pictures that could inspire adventures.

I would love your support. Project details linkified

Cheliax

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber

I'm hoping we'll manage to get to $20,000. The title of that extra module sounds awesome and I'm very interested in seeing what it's about.

Contributor

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Oo, I just have something bubbling in the cauldron, it screams a little, it protests, but it is nearly ripe...

Contributor

AndrewMitchell wrote:

I hope a couple slots will be opened up then. I'm the one who asked. :)

Well, there's an added tier, so at least 1 slot is opened now.

Contributor

We officially opened up the Sultana's Chosen tier. This one allows you to pitch for adventures from 1st -12th level. Plus, you get to write for future related pdfs--after the project completes. We have 4 of 7 slots left, and 2 have opened at the Legends tier: Midgard Tales

Oh, and if you've been looking to get your hands on a copy of the limited-edition Halls of the Mountain King or The Wrath of the River King, the new tier offers you that chance!

ONLY 7 DAYS LEFT!!!!


So I'm still new to this whole Kickstarter thing. I have an important question to ask before I consider contributing to this thing or not.

If I wait until the general public release of this instead of contributing, what am I missing out on?

Contributor

You would only be able to get the softcover release of the main book. The hardcover one is a limited-edition for the kickstarter, as are the battlemaps and the Legends book. If we hit 20K, the Wolfgang module wll also only be available to patrons.

Contributor

We are $55 away from more art, btw!


The art is funded! An extra 16 pages of handout images to accompany the adventures, in Tomb of Horrors booklet style! :D

I'm excited about this, if you can't tell.

-Ben
--
Developer for Tales of Midgard, Journeys to the West, Martial Arts Guidebook
Lead Designer for Streets of Zobeck

Contributor

We have the added art now! Thanks, everyone! Next funding tier is the standalone Wolfgang Baur adventure.

Lantern Lodge

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Rooting for that one last tier...would love to see what Wolfgang has in store for that adventure!

@Yukigono - for Open Design, the other big thing you miss out on is the ability to help shape the product. This depends on what level you join, but if you pledge $35 or more, you get voting rights on the adventure pitches for the compilation. You also get to participate in the brainstorming that provides the seeds for those adventures, so you may see your ideas realized in the final product.


Hey folks - this project gets better and better - let's reach the final stretch goal - Wolfgang Baurs 16 page standalone adventure "The Raven's Call"!

We've reached $17.5k - 16 extra pages of art! Yeah!
@Wolfgang - do I remember rightly you rumoured a big special artist announcement?


Less than 5 days to go and less than 2K and we get the Kobold-in-chief to work on the "Raven's Call" - and I so want to have that one in print as well!

Contributor

Check out the cover Open Design has standing by for Raven's Call.


Increased my contribution. So I did my part. :)

Contributor

Thank you, Andrew!

Contributor

5 CHOSEN! Nice. :)

Qadira Contributor; Publisher, Kobold Press; RPG Superstar Judge

I'm honored to say that Paizo CEO Lisa Stevens is a backer for this project.

The Open Design crew will definitely be raising the bar on the book!


Ok - we are getting closer to reaching the final stretch goal - Wolfgang Baur's "The Raven's Call" - a 16 page standalone adventure!!! You can see the standby cover here The Raven's Call
The cover alone has me salivating...

So - if participation by Richard Pett, Ben McFarland, Nic Logue, Wolgang Baur and Christina Stiles has you interested - why not come and be a part of the project. Check the rewards - this is great value and a wonderful experience...

Cheliax

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber

Pledged another £50. I really want Raven's Call to happen.

Qadira Contributor; Publisher, Kobold Press; RPG Superstar Judge

Thank you Ravenmantle!

To possibly win over a few additional backers, there's one last surprise for this project: Paizo author and Tales of the Margreve designer Tim Connors has accepted an invitation to pitch an adventure for this collection.


Wow, the pedigree continues! There are still four positions open at the Legend level, which, along with getting you the Midgard Tales goodies currently on offer, also gets you an autographed copy of the Midgard Campain setting and the opportunity to pitch to lead the next Open Design project!
We are less than a thousand dollars away from making the Kobold Overlord write his "Raven's Call" adventure!! Come on folks - help create a legend!!!

Midgard Tales kickstarter

Contributor

We are about $600 away now! We have 3 days to get to the next tier! Help some kobolds out, folks. :)


ChristinaStiles wrote:
We are about $600 away now! We have 3 days to get to the next tier! Help some kobolds out, folks. :)

Once payday rolls around tomorrow.


$420 away from all the glorious bonus stretch loot!

-Ben.
--
Developer for Tales of Midgard, Journeys to the West, Martial Arts Guidebook
Lead Designer for Streets of Zobeck

Contributor

Sethvir wrote:
ChristinaStiles wrote:
We are about $600 away now! We have 3 days to get to the next tier! Help some kobolds out, folks. :)
Once payday rolls around tomorrow.

With Kickstarter, you are not charged until the project ends, and only if it funds successfully. That's one of the nice things about it.

So, don't you want to sign up as Vizier? Lol! :)


Why stop at Vizier? If I had the money, I'd go Godling and make it public...


ChristinaStiles wrote:
Sethvir wrote:
ChristinaStiles wrote:
We are about $600 away now! We have 3 days to get to the next tier! Help some kobolds out, folks. :)
Once payday rolls around tomorrow.

With Kickstarter, you are not charged until the project ends, and only if it funds successfully. That's one of the nice things about it.

So, don't you want to sign up as Vizier? Lol! :)

Have to balance the checkbooks first to ensure I can contribute! Medical bills...

I did contribute to Journeys to the West project already.

51 to 100 of 152 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder RPG / Compatible Products from Other Publishers / [Open Design] Help create a legend! -- the spring project is here All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.