Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Roll20 Kickstarter


Technology


I noticed this kickstarter project to make a usable online gaming table yesterday, and thought some of you might be interested in kicking it a few dollars: Roll20


This really sounds promising. I'll consider pledging.

Paizo Employee Webstore Gninja Minion

Moved thread.


Liz Courts wrote:
Moved thread.

Thanks, didn't see the Technology forum.


I've thrown some money at this, and I encourage others to do the same. If you want to see the industry move forward, be part of the solution.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Playing Devil's Advocate here...why not just use MapTools and Skype?


harmor wrote:
Playing Devil's Advocate here...why not just use MapTools and Skype?

Did you view their overview video?

Looks like better integration and easier to get players connected. No Java app to run locally. No port forwarding to configure. Background music. Integrated web search for tokens/map objects/music.

Hopefully it should be a more friendly experience all around. That seems to be the theory, anyway. Looks like they've collected enough money to get started, so I guess we'll see what they actually produce.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Let's hope they do better than Scenegrinder, which has been now been taken down it seems after being standstill for ages.


Pathfinder Tales Subscriber

Donated. I'm considering running some PFS scenarios in it.

Cheliax

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Gave 100 bucks to give this a crack. I have used maptools and the one thing that I did like over this was the LOS options in maptools. Honestly though maptools is not overly noob friendly and was just downright frustrating in places. As mentioned above there seems to be a number of intergrated features that may make this one of the best options for groups to date.

What I really would like to see is paizo consider working with these folks in some way. Maybe have their AP's posted to a closed sight that only those that are subscribers or bought the PDF or something have access too. This way we could access all the maps and handouts and such for our games here.


Wyldwabyt wrote:
What I really would like to see is paizo consider working with these folks in some way. Maybe have their AP's posted to a closed sight that only those that are subscribers or bought the PDF or something have access too. This way we could access all the maps and handouts and such for our games here.

I believe their pitch mentions that they hope to make income from premium art packs and module packs. I could totally see Paizo licensing maps, tokens, handouts etc for their modules. These could be sold piecemeal in the Roll20 marketplace, and Paizo could supply coupon codes to cover some or all of the cost for qualifying customers.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Pretty impressive project.
This will give d20pro and Maptools some competition in the Virtual Table top field, and competition is good!

Robyn


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Lexarius wrote:
Wyldwabyt wrote:
What I really would like to see is paizo consider working with these folks in some way. Maybe have their AP's posted to a closed sight that only those that are subscribers or bought the PDF or something have access too. This way we could access all the maps and handouts and such for our games here.
I believe their pitch mentions that they hope to make income from premium art packs and module packs. I could totally see Paizo licensing maps, tokens, handouts etc for their modules. These could be sold piecemeal in the Roll20 marketplace, and Paizo could supply coupon codes to cover some or all of the cost for qualifying customers.

This I would buy because one of the problems with Maptools is that you have to spend hours prepping the game for your players. Our GM recently got burnt out because of all the prep...and it got to the point where it was like "don't explore that part of the map" and we'll know it wasn't ready for us.

Having map packs that were licensed (especially if they could do Secret Doors correctly), would a huge for our group.


I use roll20 and I really like it. A friend used to use join.me to share his map on-line with his group (some in Georgia, one in Washington state, another in South Carolina) once I mentioned Roll20 to him, they have moved to roll20 and google hangouts.

I use it to run a pathfinder game (though I am a bit new to pathfinder system) during the weekdays with a few people I met at the roll20 forums.

It really is easy to use and prep time can be minimal. There is a lot of user input for future feature releases and the creators are listening to what the public is asking for.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Tales Subscriber

I use Roll20 for my weekly skull & shackles game. The in-built video/sound chat has some issues, but overall it's easily the "best in show" as far as ease of use goes.

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Gamer Life / Technology / Roll20 Kickstarter All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Technology

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.